Denuth

1.7.2 Opinion thread. All your opinions, good and bad, go here.

Zeds running indoors - realistic

Zeds running uphills - realistic

Zeds being able to see someone directly in front of them - realistic

Zeds being a major threat in a Zombie Apocalypse - realistic.

See where i'm going with this?

The 1.7.1.5 lite version is that way <<<<.

Welcome to hell.

Sorry, I'll clarify, running through closed gates/doors, through walls of buildings. - Unrealistic

Not being able to move even quieter than the game allows - unrealistic

Not being able to drink without a canteen from a water source - unrealistic

Can't pick up the axe left in the block of wood - unrealistic

Sure we all want realistic, but it's also a game and there will always be limits on realistic. Would most people who randomly ended up in a zombie apocalypse know how to shoot a gun? Would the gun they pick up be automatically zeroed to their needs? Would a gun never ever jam? If a gun did jam how many people know how to correct that jam?

See my point?

Welcome to hell.

so Zeds being able to outrun, outclimb, and outmanuver survivors is realistic?

I'm running like I'm frickin 95 here

My first Opinion is impressive Loading Screen specially "Wating for charakter to create".

But i think its better to have the loading screen at all the stuff i read here about the new update.

I'm fearfull of dying of thirst. Just because earlier today I had replenished all my blood, hunger and thirst only during 1.7.1.5 to log into the new patch down 3k blood and dying of thirst.

Reading the comments 1.7.2 sounds like 1.7.1; so difficult that most servers won't update and will just stick with 1.7.1.5 until a few patches are released. I'm definitely keeping my 1.7.1.5 torrent loaded for folks looking to downgrade.

Welcome to hell.

Running through gates-not realistic

Hitting through walls- not realistic

Running through buildings- not realistic

My character not being able to run up a hill that is like only 30 degree while zeds can go 2 x the speed of Usain Bolt- not realistic

Zombies knowing exactly were you are- not realistic

me not being able to jump through windows- not realistic

Should i go on?

IMO Also' date=' these are not zombies, they are infected, Anyone saying these are zombies should be punished.

The way Rocket wants the infected to be is just SO different and against what the arma engine is supposed to do and what is typically handles, its like l4d2 having slow zombies.

[/quote']

thanks for writing those and berry him. i just couldn't be bothered

23221312.jpg

But seriously.

What I've seen so far is that the Zombies are no longer Metal Gear Solid One radar tunnel-visioned soldiers, and can actually see you even if you stand perfectly still, which also rules out my previous lore prediction of the infected really being dinosaurs in disguise.. Because this game needs a lot more dinosaurs.

Could be wrong here, but its safe to say the 'stability' aspect of the update which Rocket was working for is working, right now the stress is only sticking around because of sheer volume of connection's and downloads, the server I'm on right now I joined in seconds, and have zero FPS issues.. This makes many smiles :DDDDD

But I'm sure if we just keep caps locking and recycling the same 'I lost my shit' and 'Dose zombies, they kill me, why they do?' Comments, Rocket's sure to cave in and make a 1.7.2.1 within the next two days even.

Now I 'gotta go find my Deku clothes again, because I appreciate this is an alpha,

and shit happens.

Richocet:.

Gut your wild animal kills quickly or they vanish. Leave 1 raw meat in carcus until you've got your crossbow bolt back, take last raw meat, carcus sinks after 2 seconds.

Haven't gone near Zez's yet. Just out surviving like a boss atm. Will have to go for water soon though :D should be interesting crawl fest.

Otherwise Running smoother. It's a shame about the global VOIP; people shouting shit and generaly being internet downers is anoying. I've been Rick-rolled after 2 minutes logged in lmao

Anyone else having FPS drops especially in big cities? Overall i'm running smoothly in 60-80fps (abit too low) while running in forest / raiding small towns, but when I hit towns like berezzino, my FPS drops down to 25-35 which in my eyes in unplayable.

Also tried adjusting the video settings from all low to all high, doesn't affect my FPS at all, still 60-80fps.

My riq: corei5 2500k@4,5ghz, 8gb dd3 1600mhz, gtx 670. should be enough to run this old game anywhere I go +100fps, right?

But I'm sure if we just keep caps locking and recycling the same 'I lost my shit' and 'Dose zombies' date=' they kill me, why they do?'[/b'] Comments, Rocket's sure to cave in and make a 1.7.2.1 within the next two days even.

Now I 'gotta go find my Deku clothes again, because I appreciate this is an alpha,

and shit happens.

Richocet:.

I've got zero problems with stuff that happens that needs fixed, it's an alpha and if I log in and die of a heart attack it's not a big deal, I can always gather up new stuff and move on, it's what makes the game great. Problems in the game will get fixed, but if the game is unplayable to most because they're aggroing Zeds every time they take a step in town what is going to be learned beyond it needs balance. I don't hate that Zeds aggro from a distance, I don't like the inconsistency of when a zed sees me, sometimes I can be prone right next to their feet with visibility of 3 and sometimes I can be across the road with the same visibility but that time for some reason it saw me. Just given some type of weapon on respawn could alleviate a lot of problems for survival.

Anyone else having FPS drops especially in big cities? Overall i'm running smoothly in 60-80fps (abit too low) while running in forest / raiding small towns' date=' but when I hit towns like berezzino, my FPS drops down to 25-35 which in my eyes in unplayable.

Also tried adjusting the video settings from all low to all high, doesn't affect my FPS at all, still 60-80fps.

My riq: corei5 2500k@4,5ghz, 8gb dd3 1600mhz, gtx 670. should be enough to run this old game anywhere I go +100fps, right?

[/quote']

25-35 is unplayable?? Haha, you'd pull your eye's out after seeing my game run at 15-25 fps AT BEST. I think I'd faint if I could play this at 60fps :p

The ammo fix was fucking bush league quality.

This is seriously being called a 'fix'?

Deleting mags with 1 bullet missing?

What a hack. lol

I don't have an opinion because I am stuck on character creation on each server available in dayz. Never had any issue previously, because it ISN'T ME.

The ammo fix was fucking bush league quality.

This is seriously being called a 'fix'?

Deleting mags with 1 bullet missing?

What a hack. lol

If that's a genuine "well this is a good solution" fix from the dev team, it's a pretty clear worry haha. I guess that's some unintentional bug because that's flipping from one extreme to another...

Does anyone have bear traps yet? Or even know what they are called in the armoury as I can't find the little suckers... I want to see how badly implemented I suspect they are :( Hope I'm wrong though

It's pretty awesome that zombies are a lot smarter and more difficult than they used to be. However, the game needs to be changed a bit more.

First of all, since it is EXTREMELY difficult to get into range of a lootable building (as it should be), they need to quit being frikken' empty for 20 minutes. Loot should spawn as soon as the building is within draw distance, because all that work for frikken' nothing blows hard.

Second, nerf the zombie view range for stationary players. I can get that can see you crouch walking from 80m, ok, but getting aggroed while hiding in the tall grass at 50m away is just dumb.

Third, improve the distraction values of tin cans/bottles/flares (in the day time). Give us some tools to survive this, we desperately need them.

There should be a prompt that tells you who killed who' date=' at least let you know who killed you.

[/quote']

No. In the real world you wouldn't know who killed you and if you did, you are dead, it is irrelevant.

In the game the same....and if people knew who killed them it would degenerate into a revenge fest and a flame fest every time someone died. On the other side, there would be people who start killing players MORE just to build a name for themselves.

Individually it might be frustrating to die, but knowing who killed you changes nothing and contributes nothing.

The 1.7.1.5 lite version is that way

Welcome to hell.

Running through gates-not realistic

Hitting through walls- not realistic

Running through buildings- not realistic

My character not being able to run up a hill that is like only 30 degree while zeds can go 2 x the speed of Usain Bolt- not realistic

Zombies knowing exactly were you are- not realistic

me not being able to jump through windows- not realistic

Should i go on?

IMO Also' date=' these are not zombies, they are infected, Anyone saying these are zombies should be punished.

The way Rocket wants the infected to be is just SO different and against what the arma engine is supposed to do and what is typically handles, its like l4d2 having slow zombies.

[/quote']

thanks for writing those and berry him. i just couldn't be bothered

Just like you couldn't be bothered learning to spell.

People complaining about BUGS - please wait for release not Alpha.

Hitting through walls, walking through objects - i am pretty sure that they will be ironed out at some point, but whinging because an Infected psycho can now run faster than you, or can run indoors, or see further than 50m?

Boo Farking Hoo!

Real world? Really?

In real world you'd think twice before you shoot a living breathing innocent person who've done nothing wrong to you just for a can of beans which you don't really need.

Here people shoot everyone no matter what they have, because "ah well he will respawn and find loot again, who cares"

(-_- due to bandit/survivor future being removed, mod was much better those times)

You should not compare real life and realistic gaming that much. They will always have huge differences. If you want it to be so damn realisting - no problem. One life per one CD-Key, and let's see how many people will be playing this.

I don't say that you need to know who killed you, or be aware of those who connected or loosing connection, BUT: you need to know who's disconnecting, so you can ban those who disconnect in the middle of firefight aas cowards. You need to have ways of communicating besides direct chat.. if you want realism - why can't I shout, call, wave to a guy who's further then 40 meters away from me, they should at least make direct chat be like - the further you are, the less louder your voice gets. So 40 meters - perfect, 60 - less loud, 80 - hard to hear, 100 - almost impossible to hear. AT least this way.

And once again.. differ life realism and gaming realism, don't mix them up. Rocket said that in real life you can't tell who's the bad and who's the good guy and gave as an example part of the video from "The Walking Dead" ... But come on.. if in real life I had 2 guys in front and behind me with a guns possible hostile or friendly I wouldn't be able to disconnect, niether would I instantly try to shoot them without analysing situation. What happens in DayZ now - everyone is hostile to everyone. Massive PvP, no bandit/survior, global chat is disabled (more or less normal means of communications gone) And direct chat is a really really shitty option, since if you need to communicate with someone you need to get on the distance of 40 meters (most of the times impossible without getting shot or spoted or he will disconnect..) and then maybe you can communicate, and if he accidently steps out to 41 meter - he won't hear you at all.. and u will have to reach him and repeat.

I can't hear gunshots, anyone have an issue with this? I was dying earlier and said "**** it", went ahead and fired off some slugs from my Winchester. But it was like a whisper, and isn't a problem with my audio settings as far as I can tell.

Also I wouldn't recommend to pick up any loot that does not look legit nor listed in wiki list of spawning loot, else you can end up being banned. Me and my friend found 7 cheated guns just today. AS50 with thermal scope, few camo AK SD, Camo SCAR SD, M16A2 ACOG+Grenade Launcher, PDW SD and few 100% cheated vehicles with automatically refreshing fuel and gear parts..

It's a shame about the global VOIP; people shouting shit and generaly being internet downers is anoying. I've been Rick-rolled after 2 minutes logged in lmao

Ah shit is that back?

Real world? Really?

In real world you'd think twice before you shoot a living breathing innocent person who've done nothing wrong to you just for a can of beans which you don't really need.

Here people shoot everyone no matter what they have' date=' because "ah well he will respawn and find loot again, who cares"

(-_- due to bandit/survivor future being removed, mod was much better those times)

You should not compare real life and realistic gaming that much. They will always have huge differences. If you want it to be so damn realisting - no problem. One life per one CD-Key, and let's see how many people will be playing this.

I don't say that you need to know who killed you, or be aware of those who connected or loosing connection, BUT: you need to know who's disconnecting, so you can ban those who disconnect in the middle of firefight aas cowards. You need to have ways of communicating besides direct chat.. if you want realism - why can't I shout, call, wave to a guy who's further then 40 meters away from me, they should at least make direct chat be like - the further you are, the less louder your voice gets. So 40 meters - perfect, 60 - less loud, 80 - hard to hear, 100 - almost impossible to hear. AT least this way.

And once again.. differ life realism and gaming realism, don't mix them up. Rocket said that in real life you can't tell who's the bad and who's the good guy and gave as an example part of the video from "The Walking Dead" ... But come on.. if in real life I had 2 guys in front and behind me with a guns possible hostile or friendly I wouldn't be able to disconnect, niether would I instantly try to shoot them without analysing situation. What happens in DayZ now - everyone is hostile to everyone. Massive PvP, no bandit/survior, global chat is disabled (more or less normal means of communications gone) And direct chat is a really really shitty option, since if you need to communicate with someone you need to get on the distance of 40 meters (most of the times impossible without getting shot or spoted or he will disconnect..) and then maybe you can communicate, and if he accidently steps out to 41 meter - he won't hear you at all.. and u will have to reach him and repeat.

[/quote']

Great. +1