rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

no downloading it now is not worth it, wait for hotfix. Im sure it will be perfect by 1.7.2.5

I'm still having trouble logging in.. I am being stuck at the loading screen with a message that it is creating character.

I wasted my whole clip except about 4 shots and the disconnecting and reconnecting still refills the ammo quantity

Guys, honestly, i can share the frustration with all of you. I was stuck in "Waiting for character to create" too, even 10-20 minutes, tried several servers and some of them worked for me. But really, most of you guys forget that this mod is STILL in alpha. That means, bugs are "features" to prevent that those bugs will be in a final version. We will lose our gear several times till release and will be faced with more major bugs but only to get an amazing mod. So yeah, critics are useful, even to say that this update is the worst update so far. But don´t hate on them. They don´t deserved it.

Can we seriously STFU on how to say "Z"?

on-topic: Still wondering why group channel works like side chat, and I can see everyone occasionally on my map

i dont think anyone has forgotten that this is alpha, people are just frustrated when they lose stuff. Dont tell me you dont get upset when you finally get all the good gear with an awesome gun and a coyote backpack and some guy kills you in some random encounter. If you think a forum is not place to post your frustrations then you must be new to the internet, welcome

Yeah! You are right.

This game isn't BF3 or CoD.

It is about surviving, and you really don't need more than this to survive at day light.

And when it is night, a NVG is just fine, but surely you can play without it, as I ever do.

Never got my hands on a NVG, and I asure you that I don't want it. Because as soon as I get one, I will be so paranoid, afraid of loosing it, that I won't enjoy the gameplay of this mod.

Just as a GPS did to me, because of it I respawned, and am happy again with my new char!! =)

Be happy, don't be paranoid, get only what is useful and you will really enjoy the game.

Of course, a M4 SD is nice, but you it isn't necessary, is just a diferent play style. I do prefer the minimalism of a Lee + a revolver or a M1911!! =)

Noticing some instances where Zombies seem to be stuck and just stay in one position not moving just making noises wont even aggro no matter how close you are.

Seen it at 2 helicopter crash sites and also just outside a town. In town the zombies where moving like normal.

Actually had something similar myself. In the brief period I was able to play, I went to the very small military base / medical tent north-west of cherno (with the 4 deer stands). When I approached I alerted the zed's...but rather than run outside to fight me, they grouped up in a corner formed by the sandbags and I picked them all off.

I thought maybe it was because the gate was closed, but when inside the base I alerted zed's outside of it (gates still open, confirmed upon exit) and they just ran straight into the sandbags and didn't make an effort to get to me another way.

And a third instance (same time period): Some of the ones that re-spawned on the opposite side of the camp approached me while I was looting one of the stands (somehow I alerted them apparently). Rather than climb a ladder as they usually did, they simply glitched underneath the stand to the area you cannot walk to. I climbed down, and they were stationary for about 10-15 seconds before suddenly appearing in front of the ladder and resuming attacking me normally.

tl;dr - Zed pathing seems off after update; rather than seek routes to attack me, they just charge directly into obstacles (with limited side to side movement, never a serious threat of attacking) until I reposition to make it easier for them or kill them.

i will surely not complain if i lost my gear to a update where they solve some glitches like disconnect to stay alive or not being able to login inside a building to get the people from behind... as zombies walking/hiting through walls.

everything is working fine except theres ALOT of desync or whatever you call it. I cant pickup anything.

Ok I tried the new patch tonight and here's what I found:

When I could get into a game things were amazing until I got disconnected. However....the next server I joined had reset the hour or so I played on the first server. No big deal I hadn't really gotten much. Anyway after I got disconnected from the second server I haven't been able to log into any of the other servers I've tried.

But like I said, when the game was running, it was running great. I didn't lose any gear to the patch.

I definitely got to get used to the new zed behavior. I like it so far though

also for the first time since I started playing, temperature is a factor

As other player reported, i cant pick any items from anywhere, and having many problems to log in servers.

I've noticed a bug with the zombies, after 7pm server time according to my in game watch, it was dusk, sun was still out but going down, and all the zombies were standing around stuck, not moving not aggroing, they would attack if you got close enough but would not move from their spot. I could run around right by them unharassed and loot stuff, was like free loot time.

Like they were stuck in "investigation" mode, I have recorded some video of it if you need to see it.

Anyone clamoring for a DB wipe thinks that survival means running through Cherno/Elektro and finding beans until they die 20-30 minutes later.

Also' date=' the map glitch is fixed from my previous post. Guess that was an anomaly.

[/quote']

Sorry to dissapoint you, i have allmost everything with my group and it is getting boring really fast. DB wipe would also get rid of the duped weapons and other stuff, wich i belefe is 50% on all Chars ...

nevermind i lied. The patch does have a few issue with me. Ive been playing on one server for an hour now. That one decided to lag out so i went to another server. Now this other server forced me back to where i started in the last server. Basically i didnt move or gain anything. Was i on a "Non Hive" server?

Anyone clamoring for a DB wipe thinks that survival means running through Cherno/Elektro and finding beans until they die 20-30 minutes later.

Also' date=' the map glitch is fixed from my previous post. Guess that was an anomaly.

[/quote']

Sorry to dissapoint you, i have allmost everything with my group and it is getting boring really fast. DB wipe would also get rid of the duped weapons and other stuff, wich i belefe is 50% on all Chars ...

So everytime you people get bored just DB wipe only for you?

That's straight up selfish, and unless its completely needed for the survival of the game it shouldn't be done.

Oh for fucks sakes. Even though he's from a colony of the British Empire and should know how to speak the Queens English, he's from New Zeeeeeeeeland. Of course he can't pronounce Zed properly.

I call it Daze. You might call it Day Zed.

But he made the mod and is on record many times as calling it Daisy.

Like a beautiful flower or a pretty girl from Southern Alabama.

So that is that. It's Daisy.

Is someone able to confirm if you log out and log back in that you just lose the ghillie or is it a myriad of possibilities like water swimming in the ground' date=' losing items, or invisibility?

[/quote']

I just found a ghillie suit, put it on, and everything except my tool belt items, backpack, and backpack items disappeared. What was left on the floor was a single filled canteen. After all that I was still in civis and the ghillie suit was gone. Good luck with that!

On a more positive note, after running around the countryside with my hatchet in hand, I found a crash site with an FN FAL and 7 FAL mags.

Yeah don't wear camo either... just lost brand new unfired as50 :(

I took a quick video of what happened after I tried to put camo on.

same happend to me.. lost my m107 & coyote backpack... and a dew :(

NOT THE MOUNTAIN DEW???

you know ive been playing since late April and I have yet to find any

It was my first mountain dew! everything gone..

then i broke my leg running out the door to top it off :/