Shuriken333

M1911 Best sidearm

In my honest opinion, I must say that the M1911 is the best sidearm. I only ever use my sidearm to kill zombies, my primary to fight other survivors. I have tried every single sidearm. I'd say the M9 SD is the best, if not for it's extreme rarity (even the mags are rare as shit), but that's the only one I've come to conclusion with that'd place 2nd in my book. Even the PDW is outmatched imo.

I hope we get more diverse sidearms... maybe a pistol with an optic on it.

What are your opinions on sidearms?

I personally love the M1911. It's a really beautiful piece. Got a punch, it's not too loud, and the ammo is readily available in the form of both the M1911 magazines and the revolver revolver rounds.

I prefere the M9 SD. Ineffective, but tacticool as hell.

I personally love the M1911. It's a really beautiful piece. Got a punch' date=' it's not too loud, and the ammo is readily available in the form of both the M1911 magazines and the revolver revolver rounds.

[/quote']

Aye, kills zombies in 1 hit, no matter where you shoot them. Ammo is extremely easy to find, but it's just such a common weapon. I wish there was a rare pistol that was actually worth the while to find. The M9 SD is amazing due to being silenced, but it's weak, and the PDW is awesome for it's quick fire rate, but still, it's weak, and they both still don't match up to the M1911. Any other sidearm isn't even worth grabbing. The regular M9 sucks, the G17 sucks, the Makarov sucks, the revolver is really good for taking down other players if you have good aim, but it's horrible vs zombies.

I prefere the M9 SD. Ineffective' date=' but tacticool as hell.

[/quote']

It's nice to have a silenced sidearm, but even when taking down zombies with it, nearby players can still hear you from a decent distance. If I ever heard anybody shooting off an M9 SD, I'd rush them like a sale on Oreos at Walmart. Zombie headshots are easy to get, but it's a matter of taking down zombies and hoping to hell you don't alert other players. Killing zombies with the M1911 is a matter of just getting them in the middle of your screen and not worrying about iron sights, then being able to get the hell out. The M9 SD is steady head shots, taking more valuable seconds than the M1911 would.

The revolver is accurate up to 100m and the M1911 is only accurate to about 50m. This is why I use the revolver, even if I sacrifice rounds per minute.

The revolver is best against zeds, the 1911 is best against players. The revolver's higher accuracy allows you to make shots outside of its aggro range, while the 1911s iron sights make long distance shooting unreliable. However, in pvp combat, the greater RoF of the 1911 gives it an edge, because any long distance shots can be made with a primary without consideration of noise.

The revolver is accurate up to 100m and the M1911 is only accurate to about 50m. This is why I use the revolver' date=' even if I sacrifice rounds per minute.

[/quote']

I sport the revolver if I'm looting Elektro or Cherno, in fear/joy of having another player spot me/spotting another player before they spot me. It does deliver good range and damage, but I wouldn't carry it once I decide to head North.

I have to agree with OP pretty much, my order goes 1911, revolver, M9SD, then PDW only due to the 30 round mags you can use.

I carry the revolver for the cool factor, even though there are a bunch of glaring aesthetic and functional inaccuracies with it. The extra range is what sells it for me, and in my experience the first survivor to spot the other is almost always the winner, so a more accurate shot is a little more important to me than RoF.

I used to love the M1911. Then I gave the revolver a try.

i like the revolver because it forces me to slow down and shoot straight.

Stopping power, rate of fire, plenty of Ammo. Hard not to love it.

I prefere the M9 SD. Ineffective' date=' but tacticool as hell.

[/quote']

It's nice to have a silenced sidearm, but even when taking down zombies with it, nearby players can still hear you from a decent distance. If I ever heard anybody shooting off an M9 SD, I'd rush them like a sale on Oreos at Walmart.

That's why smart players use SD as a side-arm for a longer-range weapon. I've seen plenty of vids on YouTube where people are stalking a potential kill, and any zeds they needed to kill along the way were with the SD to prevent from giving their presence away.

Ive been playing now for 3 weeks solid and not once have I even sniffed a revolver...Im starting to think your all lying to me and they don't exist.

Of all the buildings Ive looted and bodies Ive found, not once...wonder what the mathematical odds of that are.

I've had the M9sd a number of times, and the ammo's rarity really doesn't justify it's use. Plus, it's a god awful weapon for player killing and for some reason really inaccurate (I've head shotted Zs with a makaroni more times than I can count and the M9 just never wants to cooperate). The 1911 is by far the best pistol, shoots quickly and has monstrous stopping power.

Why does nobody love the G17?

The M1911 gives you 7 zombie kills per mag

The G17 gives you 5-17 zombie kills per mag, depending on your accuracy

If you go solely with headshots you get more than 2 times more zombies per mag

And because of the RoF you can shoot 3 rounds in each zombie in a critical situation

Integrated flashlight

Takes both G17 and M9 mags

Great ironsights

Gotta love the M1911.

Zombie aggroing me, a short moment of silence - BAM, dead zed.

Revolver is also useful but due to lower Rate of fire I prefer the M1911.

The M1911 gives you 7 zombie kills per mag

The G17 gives you 5-17 zombie kills per mag' date=' depending on your accuracy

If you go solely with headshots you get more than 2 times more zombies per mag

And because of the RoF you can shoot 3 rounds in each zombie in a critical situation

Integrated flashlight

Takes both G17 and M9 mags

Great ironsights

[/quote']

It's way too loud. That's my one huge problem with the G17. It's a nice weapon, but that fucker'll be heard by anybody and everybody in a 2 klick radius. (Not realistically, but it is hella loud.)

I've been running with the M9SD for about a week now. I truly love it, and most of my kills are with it. Deer stands actually have M9 SD ammo fairly often... I'll probably hold onto it indefinitely unless I get a silenced main, like the M4 SD. My only gripe about the M9 is that the iron sights are completely bugged... headshots are completely by chance. Once I gave up trying to hit anything in the head with it that isn't more than 2 meters away, I've found that firing from the hip is a breeze. 4-5 body shots on a zed while creeping through a town is usually the quick difference between bleeding out, aggroing half the town, or getting to the objective undetected. Plus, it gives me the freedom to carry something with more firepower for firefights.

I've already posted a thread about it, but will repeat myself in short version. G17 sux. period. Too weak.

I was looting that tall building in Berezino as ghilie sniper spawned in front of me. I planted 7 bullets in his face. He disconnected and avoided death. Then his buddy tried to outspawn me at the staircase. I landed another 8 bullets in his body. Nothing. He didnt die, even didnt get unconscious, but one-shot me with a shotgun. Since then i NEVER pick this shit again.

M1911 FTW FFS

I love the m1911 and the revolver, even more than snipers cause there ammo is plentiful and can one shotbzeds with ease.

[1] Why does nobody love the G17?

[2] The M1911 gives you 7 zombie kills per mag

[3] The G17 gives you 5-17 zombie kills per mag' date=' depending on your accuracy

[4'] If you go solely with headshots you get more than 2 times more zombies per mag

[5] And because of the RoF you can shoot 3 rounds in each zombie in a critical situation

[6] Integrated flashlight

[7] Takes both G17 and M9 mags

[8] Great ironsights

[1] It's not too rare, but the M1911 is by far a hell of a lot more common and powerful, same with mags.

[2] Aye, it does. One shot, one kill.

[3] With the current lineup of sidearms, I'd rather take the M1911 and just blast through zombies with 1 shot on each. I don't really want to take the few extra seconds to aim for the head, while some person is probably running up to loot the building I'm in or after my first shot goes off, somebody goes-a-huntin' for my sorry ass.

[4] Pretty much #3

[5] 17/3 = 5.666... 7/1 = 7 lol. In a critical situation, those extra 2 zombies could be the difference between breaking a leg/going below 9k blood and getting knocked out/getting knocked out/etc.

[6] I never use the flashlight. I've been killed in pitch black twice from using it and have killed at least 10 people who were using their flashlight at night.

[7] But the M1911 and revolver have far more common ammo and can share ammo between eachother.

[8] The iron sights are, excuse me, completely dick. It seems inaccurate as hell, and I'm talking about ~10m-~20m range.

In a survival game I often do math before I pick up a weapon.

If I can't have the M9SD, I'll go for the glock, I'm a headshot kind of guy anyways.