Sign in to follow this  
REIS (DayZ)

the mysterious creature

hey guys ,

from many different sources i read about that creature...

It should spawn at night and only in the deep forest.

2 guys said , they heard a heartbeat, heard a voice who said 'now i got you' and saw flashing eyes..and then they died....

I dont know what i should think about this :D

Here are some screens from this alleged monster ;

http://i.imgur.com/TSDcH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/d8pBH.png

discuss !

mfg

• Like 4

Lol I doubt it real, but I love these rumours, reminds me of the forums in the .hack games, where players report strange occurances! I think there should be some type of monsters in the woods, but not something that insta kills you.

Most of me thinks this is a silly troll, but honestly I did have an incredibly odd experience one night. I was on a black-as-pitch server running through the woods when I spotted something faint ahead.

I went prone and peeked up over a rock nearby. In the distance I could see two blue lights floating. My first thought of course was chemlights, but as I watched... they didn't move, they weren't illuminating anything nearby, and they were positioned oddly - too high off the ground to be a crouching player, but too low to be any kind of a structure.

They were spaced about as far apart as a pair of headlights would be, but the light was not nearly bright enough to be head or brake lights.

Then. I died. Silently. No gunfire, no explosions just "Ugh. You are dead."

I chalked it up to a hacker but now I'm proper freaked out hah.

Most of me thinks this is a silly troll' date=' but honestly I did have an incredibly odd experience one night. I was on a black-as-pitch server running through the woods when I spotted something faint ahead.

I went prone and peeked up over a rock nearby. In the distance I could see two blue lights floating. My first thought of course was chemlights, but as I watched... they didn't move, they weren't illuminating anything nearby, and they were positioned oddly - too high off the ground to be a crouching player, but too low to be any kind of a structure.

They were spaced about as far apart as a pair of headlights would be, but the light was not nearly bright enough to be head or brake lights.

Then. I died. Silently. No gunfire, no explosions just "Ugh. You are dead."

I chalked it up to a hacker but now I'm proper freaked out hah.

[/quote']

You'd better be pulling our legs Zed XD

Two cars, the one on the left driving away (or stopped) on a dirt road, whereas the one on the right is facing the dude with the glock. Did I win something?

• Like 1

Error level analysis says first image is shopped, but the two small blue dots in both images don't trip any flags. Might be because they're too small. Might be because they're a part of the original shot.

Not that I believe OP's "story" is true for a second.

Nice of you to look at my post in the urban legends, I can reveal to you that the bottom picture is not photoshopped in anyway, not sure about the first one but I posted the second one My self, I can't reveal the truth if the matter though, rocket added little Easter eggs is this one if them? You decide.

My original post

http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=26466&pid=249122#pid249122

maybe its a modified "thing" like this that rocket has implementet.

(it begins at 3:00)

a few of the members of a german forum tell the same scary stories that all take place at night/early morning around in the wood west of sosnovka/myshkino.

a few of them were also instant killed out of nowhere after they hear strange sounds,become heavy heartbeat and saw eyes in the dark.

maybe an easteregg :)

• Like 1

Hmm....i really dont know if this is true or just a joke! but after watching several dayz videos with that sound( and the one with the guys dieng due to the MasterZ!?), i thougt this "i see youuu" sounds a bit like it was said over radio! Maybe something that should come in game later, when sidemissions are active and the radio, found at green mountain, is used for this missions!????

Error level analysis says first image is shopped, but the two small blue dots in both images don't trip any flags. Might be because they're too small. Might be because they're a part of the original shot.

Not that I believe OP's "story" is true for a second.

I've noticed the frog hopping zombies eyes tend to glow at a distance. Might just be my settings but it's kind of creepy and could be the cause of the smaller dots.

It's shopped, the first one for sure... you can tell by the pixels and jpeg rasterization.

Edited by Jp3ilson

maybe its a modified "thing" like this that rocket has implementet.

(it begins at 3:00)

a few of the members of a german forum tell the same scary stories that all take place at night/early morning around in the wood west of sosnovka/myshkino.

a few of them were also instant killed out of nowhere after they hear strange sounds,become heavy heartbeat and saw eyes in the dark.

maybe an easteregg :)

What is that :o

I'll be honest, I only played a couple of single player arma missions and the rest Dayz :P Yeah yeah, I'm one of those, but Arma has other shit like DayZ too? Is that a proper mod or a small area type screw around?

Nice of you to look at my post in the urban legends, I can reveal to you that the bottom picture is not photoshopped in anyway, not sure about the first one but I posted the second one My self, I can't reveal the truth if the matter though, rocket added little Easter eggs is this one if them? You decide.

My original post

http://www.dayzmod.c...49122#pid249122

"File not found." I assume you posted this before the forums changed?

Edited by SausageKingofChicago

I could swear the thing on the left side of the OPs pick is just a can of coke...

Edited by TheStoryteller01

What is that :o

I'll be honest, I only played a couple of single player arma missions and the rest Dayz :P Yeah yeah, I'm one of those, but Arma has other shit like DayZ too? Is that a proper mod or a small area type screw around?

they are playing a 4 player co-op mod called Chernarus Apocalypse, more mission oriented L4D style game where there are a bunch of different pre-scripted type characters you can be with actual goals/objectives to complete for the game. Pretty cool but it's not DayZ

I can confirm the heartbeat in the woods but I freaked out and ran away lol I didn't wanna die after walking that far north

• Like 1

Hoooly shit...

It might be that Rocket added something like this. Would be freakin awesome.

Also, it could be some bug or something, I'm thinking that maybe Rocket took some codes or something from some mission like that video somebody posted here, and accidentally took this thing as well.

Just my ideas, but... I'm actually thinking of doing some research and go there myself with my friend. This is fcking amazing, it kinda brings a whole new level to DayZ. I love surprises ! Even if there isn't anything, I'm gonna shit my pants now thinking that there actually might be something. Wow :D

• Like 2