howichrgelazer

US 9 & US 10 Chicago | RageCageGaming.com - Server Donations & Discussion

i was also killed by someone with a slienced gun just north of NW airfield. i was looking for tommygunz mistery van and had got all the way there from berezino when suddenly someone unloaded at least 10-20 SD rounds at me. could hear the whizzling of bullets hitting around. pretty fucked up cuz i didnt see anyone. Had been haning around the area at least an hour before i sprinted south to NW and got zapped...

Could've also been someone hopping onto the server in both cases. Has happened to me at the NW airfield, it's very annoying.

We had a strange engagement on US 10 aswell.

We walked over the Black Mountain to visit Krasnostav and heard a huge number of explosions but we couldnt see anything on top of the Mountain so we thought that was just a bug.

Five minutes later we were shot at by a sniper from the Mountain.

The third shot killed one of us. The other two could not find the person although we knew the direction due to the bulletdrops of his sniper.

Shortly after that someone shot with a Rocket Launcher on us. We still couldnt find him.

Then he was never seen again although we searched everything.

Maybe Invisible hack and/or Weapon spawn + the spawned explosions/napalm whatever that was.

player killed: solembum.

mates: Valicious, AndersON

Time: 23:30-00:00 CEST on the 7th of July.

Time stamps and the descriptions of the weapons are very helpful, keep them up. I'll make sure they get banned soon. :)

Damn...I must be crazy lucky. I've been using this server for probably around a month now and I've only seen one instance of hackers and that was several weeks ago when offroad trucks spawned everywhere and you would die the second you entered it.

Lost my primary weapon (L85A2 AWS) and my Ghillie Suite because of the update. SO MUCH FUN.

Are you sure you lost it? Were other items there? It may have not loaded from the hive. The update shouldn't have wiped anything, unless something was changed on the master db.

if it's still missing, it may need to be reported as a bug.

Unfortunately yes. I dont know how much information you have serverside about equipement, but i had, as already stated, a L85A2 AWS and a Ghillie Suite. I guess my big mistake was logging on really shortly after the server came back up with the new update.

username: nebu

All my other stuff (backpack, secondary weapon, ammo for primary weapon ) is still there. Only the primary weapon is missing. Then after i realized the missing weapon i had a look with alt + leftmouse and saw that i was wearing some sort of camo clothing. Another relog led to wearing the normal civilian clothing (and of course still no primary weapon).

Just a sec ago i checked again, but the stuff is still missing.

I'd report it as a bug, I heard another case of a gillie suit and a L85 disappearing on another player. My camo and akm are intact. I don't think it has anything to do with when you connected.

I'm sorry about your loss. You could try getting items restored, but I can't guarantee it will happen. Nothing is stored locally item wise, it's all in the hive.

I am not quite sure where, but afaik they clearly stated that this is an alpha version and they would not restore any items. Its kinda unlucky, but on the bright side the fear of dying is now much lower as i cannot loose my L85 anymore.

Apart from that i have to say i really enjoy playing on this server. Its always running smoothly for us, although we are playing from europe. And its nice to see that there is a ongoing process of preventing hackers from ruining the game for others. Keep up the good work. :)

Server is currently unreachable due to hive database maintenance. It should return soon (we'll do a reboot to make sure everything syncs). It hasn't crashed or anything, this is a global deal.

EDIT: Server is coming back up. Ander said things are completed for now.

Was considering making this my home server. Logged in' date=' and within the span of 20 minutes was attacked 3 times by a teleporting hacker. He failed to kill me first two times and I DCed out because I knew it was a hacker. I was camping barracks in a tree, I hear grass crumple behind me, start taking fire from M4 SD.

[/quote']

This issue has been resolved.

Looks like we've made it to the other side. I'll be updating to the latest beta on the next restart here in a few hours. With the new like system be sure to like the 1st post in this thread and follow it. :)

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer

So apparently I just had a dupe bug/glitch. I logged in at around 1pm (UTC+1) (19pm (UTC-5)). I was stuck for a while at the Loading screen then I got in and died for no reason. But instead of spawning at the beach I spawned in the debug forest (atleast I think it was) with full health, a broken leg and an empty inventory. I then reconnected to the server and spawned again at the place I previously died. I had all my stuff again but my own corpse was lying besides me. I checked it and it had the exact same stuff I had. I then restarted DayZ with Fraps to make some screenshots:

http://www.abload.de/img/arma2oa2012-07-1201-0wizhx.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/arma2oa2012-07-1201-0cwlme.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/arma2oa2012-07-1201-0j2xl0.jpg

as you can see, the corpse has the same stuff that I have. I then proceeded to hide the corpse without taking anything.

I don't know if this is of any help, I just thought I should report it. Also I didn't wanted to get accidentally banned :D

• Like 1

Sounds like a weird bug with 1.7.2 and the hive. I'll look at the server .rpt and pass this onto Ander, but I know he was mentioning that 1.7.2.1 (or 1.7.2.2) will fix a lot of the hive related quirks. Thank you for the report Valicious. I hope your stay on the server has been enjoyable otherwise. :)

Same thing is happening right now. But instead of the debug forest, I'm in the debug plains. Reconnecting didn't help. I'm trying a few other server I hope I'll spawn in the forest again.

I just wanted to bring to everyone's attention that battleye just freaked out globally across servers and began kicking all users for corrupted memory (our server included). I've shut down the server for the moment to give it a restart to fix the issue and am talking to other admins.

EDIT: Battleye Has been manually updated.

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer

Server is updated to 1.7.2.3, new beta will come once BE supports it.

EDIT: We're also testing the performance of 60 slots.

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer

Ban Update: I have banned a hacker for running player killing scripts about an hour ago. I was notified of the situation by a regular on the server and I responded quickly. I figured you guys should know about it to prevent any possible cheating reports that may pop up. B)

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer

Server was down for about 15 minutes while I attempted to update to the new beta, my power went out in mid operation so I had to get on my phone and roll back the changes until I have more time to see went wrong. Sorry about the downtime.

How many times a day the server restarts? what times? and is there a warning before the server does so?

cheers