howichrgelazer

US 9 & US 10 Chicago | RageCageGaming.com - Server Donations & Discussion

First of all, yes i disconnected, but not to avoid death, i wanted to log off anyways cause i always log off when i'm on the phone, i say mr. guilly crouching near the wall and i thought he did not see me, so i moved behind the wall , logged off and talked to my father. maybe right in that moment he tried to kill me. I don't know, cause when i hit esc and abort, i really don't pay attention.

I do play in here very often, and i shot like 30 ppl, who dc'ed right when i shot them. But i never complained because there is no sense in complaining about ppl abusing it, till it's fixed and not possible anymore. This is alpha. And also, you did not shoot me, whe did not have a firefight. So , i am that honest and say that i dc'ed, not on purpose, just to go back to real life, cause i don't take this that serious. If you wanna ban me, get my id from server log and do it. I really don't care

But i do care about ppl judging me like i'm one of these douches, dc'ing cause they don't wanna die. Sometimes i die like 3 times a day, cause all the ppl are dicks on most of the servers, and wanna have my bandage and pistol, or now, my painkillers?!

I'd like to know the % of players, all players who play this interesting mod, who did not dc once or twice to get away from death.

Whatever..you got my ID, do what you want, your choice..

laterz

I did shoot at you. You saw me ran into the corner as soon as I turned around the corner and started firing at you you logged off. I really would like to believe the phone story but I really don't.

To defuse a possible argument before something happens (not saying it will). I only said I was going to monitor gameplay closer. I never fully confirmed whether or not you actually disconnected during a firefight, only that you disconnected. Right now it's words against words.

I mentioned previously that I do not hand out bans frivolously. You get your say as much as the reporter does. So no, you won't be banned as of right now, nor am I going to do anything with your GUID. I do my best to investigate situations as they arise, guilty or not.

EDIT: Also as a server announcement, the hive went down. I took the server offline because it was timing out due to the master database. Updating the beta in the meantime.

As i said, this is the only mod in arma i've ever played where ppl simply hit alt f4 or whatever to get away from death, i really don#t care about death, cause i died a lot and i'm always going in, while others prefer server hopping, so i enter barracks, dude magically appears in front of me and kills me, even if i checked inside through window 3 times. Thats lame annoying, and (sorry) sucks ass.

I get weed's point, as i said i went to that corner to log off cause i thought you haven't seen me. thats all, maybe i was facing you while logging off.

anyways, i can't connect to the server, is there anything wrong with hive, BE or so?

I am just putting it out there because it is a banable offense. However to ban or not to ban is of course at your digression.

I have a question for you guyz, I love this server and went to log on today (after running six updater) and lo and behold it tells me I am running the wrong version??... I run six launcher which usually solves this type of problem, but to no avail... Not sure why it worked perfectly for me all day yesterday and now I can not join your server at all... Is there a fix to this on my end? Thanks .

Hey FT,

Thanks for the help... it keeps telling me I am running version 1.60 not version 1.60.94209, yet I installed then beta and am running off of it...

If 1.60.94209 isn't displayed in the bottom right corner of the main menu, it's possible that you aren't launching into the beta correctly (unless of course it's the earlier version and it never updated).

I don't use Six Updater though, so I can't help you in troubleshooting that :(

Thanks you two for trying to help, I ended up erasing the old beta, and dowloaded the new one and went through the process again and it worked. Will not be using six updater again for a while, easier to do it manually.

Thanks again,.

Server will be down for about an hour or so while we get an upgraded hardware package. And glad to see you got in Tupac. :)

EDIT: Finished ahead of schedule.

Server hopping Russians made my last 2 days of hell worth it. Thank you mysterious raging mad server hopping Russian.

At 6:24 AM I was at the NE Airfield with some buddies, as I'm over watching I notice someone coming into the Airfield as they're leaving; I quickly shoot them, break their legs and try for a second shot with my CZ550. But as I'm lining up the next shot with my adrenalin running he instantly Alt + F4's. Again this was taken place at 6:24 AM Server time GMT -5.

Sincerely,

~StrieK:heart:

I have been doing some investigating and will have another person of interest to watch in the future.

Awesome, that's greatly appreciated. Hopefully the Evil-Doers of the lands of Alt + F4 will be diminished and we will soon have a land full of sportsmanship!

i have that every day like 5 times, one day i just ignored it and i welcome the day when there's some kind of timer, like 20 secs before you can log out..

Hi guys, love the server. I am mr.plores in game.

i was wondering if i am the only one getting FPS drops in chicago 10 lately, specially after the last Beta was released a couple of days ago. really never had this problem before with the game even when the FPS problems serverwide were at they worst.l

The FPS drops often show up when getting close to towns. in the wilderness it will vary between 30-40 FPS.

usually have a ping of 140 dunno if this has anything to do with it. i play from norway.

aaaaaand...how do i donate?

Maybe something related to the newest beta patch, I'm not sure (as the fixes weren't listed in the change logs). I'd ask around on the beta discussion at the BI community forums. I know a few people wer mentioning performance gains and losses.

As for the donation information, everything you need is listed in the OP. :)

Server is back up now after the extended hive downtime.

I'm getting a lot of time dilation (lag issues), running on the spot, being teleported back. The server seems to have gone down around midnight GMT time.

Could still be hive issues, going to check into it now.

EDIT: Yeah, it's the hive causing it, I can't do much about it :(. Usually when you see red chains and massive time dilation like that, it's usually hive related. The server just "halts" waiting to talk which causes the time dilation and makes it appear to be disconnected. I did some traces and the hive is giving me some bad pings back + packet loss.

Our other servers are running fine as well (non-arma related ones, TF2, Minecraft, CS:GO), so definitely hive related.

EDIT 2: Server is unreachable due to hive packet loss, it's running on the server just fine, but it's completely halted due to the hive.

Re-post of the OP Edit:

>> NOTE: DUE TO THE STABILITY OF THE HIVE, THE SERVER WILL REMAIN OFFLINE UNTIL AROUND 18:00GMT (12:00 CENTRAL) 7/3/2012 WHILE THINGS GET WORKED OUT BY THE DAYZ STAFF. <<

We're sorry for any inconveniences this causes. We want to ensure the best experience for our users, but with the de-sync issues the hive is causing, things just aren't stable enough for proper play. I'll update you all on the situation later today.

The hive went down at a terrible time last night (around 1:30am cst). Assault on NE airfield with about nine and we were engaged and lost four. We finally took control of the ATC tower and to my disbelief...one of the dead enemy with a 249 and 2 belts. F. Yes. Another with AS50 and NVGs. In the gear menu to collect...No Message Received...Session Lost....damn you hackers and your DDoSing.

Edit: My favorite server, been using it exclusively for 3-4 weeks.