whatever (DayZ)

I envy the guys with SUPER computers who plays this game

I just saw this "guy" (don't want to get banned for cussing) who told the main dev of this mod NOT to patch the game any further. Well i'm happy YOU have a god damn SUPER computer to run this game with acceptable FPS.

This is really one of my fav games, but I refuse to play it unless they seriously fix the fps issues.

If you don't have any issues, then please don't voice your opinion, because frankly I don't care if you run this game with your lovely 100000$ custom built pc, I just don't.

My specs:

AMD X2 Phenom 965 4Ghz

Geforce 560 GTX TI 1GB DD3

4GB RAM

Start of game, fps goes from 50 down to 30-40, if I get close to a village or lots of zombies, 20 fps.

Worst part is when I spawn near that big town elec something, then the FPS goes from 30-20 or far worse.. i've been at 12 fps.

EDIT: Just so you know I am running everything on low/disabled

/RANT

I lowered the video options to normal. Still looks good and runs fine now. You should try it.

>_> turn some video settings down, make sure video memory is set as default and enjoy. graphics aren't half bad even at medium and the game really is not about graphics.

plus its really badly optimized but that's a whole new discussion

With those specs you should be able to max it out.

I play on a laptop and max things out. I think your computer is broke.

Do you run any kind of anti-virus software or anything? Something is causing your issues, because it isn't hardware.

I just saw this "guy" (don't want to get banned for cussing) who told the main dev of this mod NOT to patch the game any further. Well i'm happy YOU have a god damn SUPER computer to run this game with acceptable FPS.

This is really one of my fav games' date=' but I refuse to play it unless they seriously fix the fps issues.

If you don't have any issues, then please don't voice your opinion, because frankly I don't care if you run this game with your lovely 100000$ custom built pc, I just don't.

My specs:

AMD X2 Phenom 965 4Ghz

4GB RAM

Start of game, fps goes from 50 down to 30-40, if I get close to a village or lots of zombies, 20 fps.

Worst part is when I spawn near that big town elec something, then the FPS goes from 30-20 or far worse.. i've been at 12 fps.

/RANT

[/quote']

Are you talking about the Dayz Mod or the actual game?

The requirements to run smoothly in the regular game takes a pretty good system unless you want to turn down settings. (I actually run with most settings on high and my vid card is only a GTX 260.)

The Dayz mod has no real control over that. The mod uses the same landscape/island as the regular game.

Try fiddling with settings. What can give a real hit to your FPS is the view distance. Don't set it too high. You don't need to be able to see out 10 km so no point making your system draw all that.

A couple km view distance is fine for any Dayz setting.

Also, check that you aren't overheating and all the usual stuff that can hit your GPU card and knock out FPS.

Wow, GTX 560 Ti couldn't run it fully? I guess this game takes more than I imagined. I got a GTX 580 and everything's working great, it is about twice the price of GTX 560 tho :(

turn off/down AA and PP

I got an i7 860 and a GTX 260, and hardly ever see the FPS drop below 30

wow 4 ghz processor and a gpu with 1 gb memory and your having fps problems?

Maybe you need to do a hard reformat of your pc to clean it up?

Planning on getting a GTX 690 and a 3970k later this year. Hopefully I could run it maxed out (currently everything is very low / low / disabled and I still lag like hell).

Yeah could be your computer is just filled with useless junk. Press CLTR+ALT+DEL and see the running processes. There might be something heavy that makes your 965 bottleneck the GTX 560.

What is your processor usage (%) when playing? CTRL+ALT+DEL to see this too.

Update your graphics card drivers manually. Don't trust the silly Windows driver update option. Do it yourself. Adjust your in game settings. Close down any program you don't absolutely need to have running in the background. Check out the various threads on how to optimize your system. Etc.

Your system is superior to mine but I do not have that type of frame rate drop. Not since I updated my driver manually at least. When my system starts to choke I just have to restart the game. This usually happens after I die and respawn.

I am thinking with the guy saying Super Computers are needed to play this game, might be computer illiterate. If he has a decent setup it has to be a bootleneck of some kind either in his physical part of his computer or in his drives. But this game runs great even on normal setting for most people.

Planning on getting a GTX 690 and a 3970k later this year. Hopefully I could run it maxed out (currently everything is very low / low / disabled and I still lag like hell).

Hopefully? A 690 can run Battlefield 3 with every setting maxed out at like 99 fps. You should be okay. :p

my PC cost under 1k in hardware and runs this game on high with no problems....hardly close to the 10,000 price point you're saying

TLDR sweet computer bRo

$1.3k, and I can run on Very High at around 30-45 after the land has loaded.

Just crank down your visual settings. Even on five year old computers, this game should run fine.

You can actually run this on a quadcore with intel graphics. Figured this out the other day when my nVidia card got disabled by an update.

$1.3k' date=' and I can run on Very High at around 30-45 after the land has loaded.

Just crank down your visual settings. Even on five year old computers, this game should run fine.

[/quote']

My PC is roughly 5 years old.

Core2Duo 1.8GHz, 2 GB RAM @ 800MHz and an HD5830 (upgraded to it).

I lag like hell, I'm running at 1440x900 and everything is set to lowest possible.

This is really one of my fav games' date=' but I refuse to play it unless they seriously fix the fps issues.

My specs:

AMD X2 Phenom 965 4Ghz

4GB RAM

/RANT

[/quote']

Roflmfao - dude..your system DESTROYS mine and I play just fine.

20 FPS is fast enough for smooth running without it being choppy.

Wanna know my specs?

Processor:

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

Ram:

4gigs

Video Card:

NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS

----

I play OK. My computer crashes from time to time, but that's because it's old. It needs to be retired but I can't afford it so I make do with what I've got.

----

EDIT: Download game booster from Iobit.

And if you want another program to tinker around with download Riva Tuner

my pc runs this game fine i have dual GTX 680 SLI

PC master race here to mock your pain:

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2GHz

8 GB RAM @ 1333MHz

GTX 260

Cheap shit 7200 RPM HD

I never run below 30 fps. Ever. Because unlike you, I took the time to learn how to optimize the damn game for steady performance. Arma II has a HOST, A BIBLICAL HOST of options to customize the performance and quality of the game. Use them.

And FFS ask for help instead of raging about how your shit isn't working as well as you think it should. There is at least one performance optimization thread on this forum that is absolutely amazing. Find it.

So an i5 2500K that is 2years old is a super computer? derp herp

I lowered the video options to normal. Still looks good and runs fine now. You should try it.

All settings are already at normal/low/disabled

>_> turn some video settings down' date=' make sure video memory is set as default and enjoy. graphics aren't half bad even at medium and the game really is not about graphics.

plus its really badly optimized but that's a whole new discussion

[/quote']

Thanks but i'm already at minimum

With those specs you should be able to max it out.

I play on a laptop and max things out. I think your computer is broke.

Do you run any kind of anti-virus software or anything? Something is causing your issues' date=' because it isn't hardware.

[/quote']

This is a newly bought system, everything is new from scratch, no anti virus so far (no network on this system)

Are you telling me your gaming laptop maxes this game with everything on max and yet your fps NEVER drops below 30??

Then something is seriously wrong with my system. Just tried BF3, got around 40-50 on ultra in singleplayer, weird.

My specs:

AMD X2 Phenom 965 4Ghz

4GB RAM

/RANT

[/quote']

Are you talking about the Dayz Mod or the actual game?

The requirements to run smoothly in the regular game takes a pretty good system unless you want to turn down settings. (I actually run with most settings on high and my vid card is only a GTX 260.)

The Dayz mod has no real control over that. The mod uses the same landscape/island as the regular game.

Try fiddling with settings. What can give a real hit to your FPS is the view distance. Don't set it too high. You don't need to be able to see out 10 km so no point making your system draw all that.

A couple km view distance is fine for any Dayz setting.

Also, check that you aren't overheating and all the usual stuff that can hit your GPU card and knock out FPS.

Yeah already running with low/disabled settings. Yeah i'm talking about dayz, funny enough I get good fps ingame (singleplayer) but mp takes a gigantic hit. I can get around 50-60 fps in singleplayer.

Wow' date=' GTX 560 Ti couldn't run it fully? I guess this game takes more than I imagined. I got a GTX 580 and everything's working great, it is about twice the price of GTX 560 tho :(

[/quote']

I'm mind blown just how bad dayz runs for me.

turn off/down AA and PP

I got an i7 860 and a GTX 260' date=' and hardly ever see the FPS drop below 30

[/quote']

:(

I guess something is wrong on my end because it's alread on low, but bf3 runs at 40-60fps on ultra.

wow 4 ghz processor and a gpu with 1 gb memory and your having fps problems?

Maybe you need to do a hard reformat of your pc to clean it up?

all new system here' date=' installed os 2 days ago.

Yeah could be your computer is just filled with useless junk. Press CLTR+ALT+DEL and see the running processes. There might be something heavy that makes your 965 bottleneck the GTX 560.

What is your processor usage (%) when playing? CTRL+ALT+DEL to see this too.

New system, new os, i've noticed CPU is heavily at work during day z in multiplayer and less in singleplayer. I can get you a number when I get back from work, thanks.

PC master race here to mock your pain:

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2GHz

8 GB RAM @ 1333MHz

GTX 260

Cheap shit 7200 RPM HD

I never run below 30 fps. Ever. Because unlike you' date=' I took the time to learn how to optimize the damn game for steady performance. Arma II has a HOST, A BIBLICAL HOST of options to customize the performance and quality of the game. Use them.

And FFS ask for help instead of raging about how your shit isn't working as well as you think it should. There is at least one performance optimization thread on this forum that is absolutely amazing. Find it.

[/quote']

...why do you asume I haven't already changed my settings? I am already runing everything on low/disabled, view distance at 1000, still it lags.

Please link this "fine thread" I must have missed that deals with these MAGICAL settings.

Wow' date=' GTX 560 Ti couldn't run it fully? I guess this game takes more than I imagined. I got a GTX 580 and everything's working great, it is about twice the price of GTX 560 tho :(

[/quote']

Graphics card doesnt matter. The CPU does