LieutenantDan

Fairwell, had enough of this

The game concept is great. The community is changing the way it is played. That is normal.

People preying on people would be normal.

I don't shoot on sight. I do get shot at quite a bit and return fire. I have also died quite a lot too. This used to tick me off, but if you think about it... If faced with crawling into town to get supplies and maybe getting eaten were real, wouldn't you shoot the survivor that is running full tilt across a field with a Cech backpack full of supplies and two decent weapons with ammo. Plus all of the tools you need to survive outside of town.

Sniff, sniff. Crap that was me! Mom always told me that if I was running across a field with a loaded gun during the zombie apocalypse to check my six to make sure no one was following.

Did I listen? No! Doesn't sound like you did either.

And yet' date=' I survive. But you, you die.

Which one of us is doing it wrong?

[/quote']

Yes you have just confirmed that your lone wolf only approach is the only way to play the game unless you are friends before in-game. Proves the mechanics of game immersion are broken for this game. It is no more than a free for all deathmatch. And admit it, it is only a matter of time before a player just kills you for no reason or logic behind it. If you used your mentality in real life, you would be hopeless and dead. You know what, in game your doing it right because it is a game and ppl like to shoot things they cant in real life. But it comes down to real life situation, your dead within a day.

In real life, you may have a decent weapon but im the one in real life with military grade weapons and lots of them. I have a cousin who sells civilian ar-15 and owns tons of military weapons, don't doubt i would be just fine.

Hope that made your e-penis feel a whole lot bigger there friend.

I have been shot carrying just a flashlight, bandage and painkillers. If you just spawned no real loss right? There are cities that you can go into that don't have as many players shooting in them.

I have successfully looted my way through Cherno with shooting all around. Filled both weapon slots and filled pack with food drink and supplies. Made it out of town though like a fox raiding the chicken house, little bit of buck shot in the seat of my pants.

Died later on though. That seems to be a reoccurring theme.

...The point is' date=' don't trust anyone unless you can cock punch them.

[/quote']

LMAO! This! :D

I guess im done trying to make friends like i intended to do. Just going to kill everything i see move like an COD playing 10 year old. That is what this game is now. No friends just enemies.

Edit: unless you team up before your in-game. Making friends in-game is no longer an option. But it kind of breaks immersion to me in a way. I mean how do you make friends before you meet them? If anyone wants to team up or let me into a group' date=' i play in the dallas servers.

[/quote']

Gave up trying to be "friends" myself after the 3rd or 4th person that called "friendly" eneded up shooting me.

Im like F' that now.... if I see you and you dont see me I MAY let you by if Im done doing what I need to do in that area (if Im just entering town and you are looting I shoot). If you see me I shoot, If I run into you in a building I shoot....

Dont like being like that, but have been killed too many times when I let a "friendly" go about thier business.

The real problem with this game is it's broken! So' date=' as in real life, friction always takes the path of least resistance.

Case and Point.

(1) Shoot 1 zombie, his 20 clones then teleport for the "ass kicking party". If u live, your reward is 1 empty coke can. You then do a "Snoopy" dance and two minutes later you die of thirst on the bank of a pond, beside a sign that reads "You only can drink from here if you were lucky enough to find an official "DayZ" Canteen, NO EXCEPTIONS !!!"

(2) Shoot 1 player, his friends don't have a clue where the "ass kicking party" is supposed to be. 1X1 you then slaughter his companions. You, cowardly, crawl down to pick the remains of 4 people who spent the entire weekend, "with a morale compass at hand", gathering food, beverages, a variety of backpacks, guns and ammo, medical supplies and a.... Holy Shit a Map of the Island. You then do a back flip, pound your chest and proclaim to the world "WHO DA MAN", 2 minutes later you put the spoils among the numerous pallets of unearned shit you have. After all, should I catch a bullet tomorrow it's nice to know I can be fully geared up in a matter of minutes. You scratch your ass then smell your fingers, you say to yourself, I wonder wtf "DAYZ" stands for?

Give us all a fighting chance to climb the ladder. Wipe the players slate clean after each version fix or at least make the spawn points non pvp so we can gather the tools to survive before we venture into a free fire zone.

Semper Fi

[/quote']

This x 2.....

Add to it the x-ray vision zombies, who can see you prone through inside a building and another wall/fence... Dodging players is somewhat easy.... attempting to get gear away from superman gaurd zombies is hard.

To the OP,

(and those who think like him)

it seems you think you were playing one game, while actually playing a different game.

Crazy right? That doesn't make sense?

Let me elaborate, with a silly example...

...let's say I sit down to play a game of tic-tac-toe (Noughts and crosses).

And I decide, that I won't use X's (or not use the middle square if that's sounds TOO ridiculous).

According to the game rules, I'm allowed to, but I, for some noble reason, decided not too.

Pick any reason:

1) in the interest of the community at large, it leads to boring drawn games.

2) It's what would do

3) bacon

And then I lose, or draw, every single game I play.

And then I create a forum thread, moaning about it, because those dastardly bandits dare to use noughts.

Got a little carried away there, back to DayZ now.

You are playing with some artificial rule/limitation.

"Strangers would/should treat each other with respect, and team up to fight the zombie hoards, hell yeah!"

One you decided to place on yourself.

One not enforced by the game. (and I for one, am glad it is not)

Then the game did not behave according to your rules.

And now your quitting (or just creating a thread so people can soothe your ego and convince you to stay?)

IF bandits were penalized for their actions, it would be the equivalent of adding a specific moral code to the game.

For example:

Give food to strange -> guud

Shoot friend cause I'm bored -> bad

Who gets to decide what that moral system is?

Thankfully, there probably won't be one, not enforced by the game at least.

Which leads nicely into the...

TL:DR version:

To quote our glorious leader, Dean "Rocket" Hall (creator of the DayZ mod) :

"I wanted to make systems that do not imply judgement: they should not tell you how to play."

Therefore, If you don't want to play a game, where strangers, can and probably will shoot you in the face while laughing about it,

DON'T PLAY DAYZ.

I shoot people all day in this game, if I die, I die, I accept it start over. Stop crying, I lost quite a few M16, AKM + AKS too but it's nothing I get touchy about, if you read about this game then it require skills and no manly tears from players who dies.

TL:DR version:

Therefore' date=' If you don't want to play a game, where strangers, can and probably will shoot you in the face while laughing about it,

DON'T PLAY DAYZ.

[/quote']

Your basic defense consists of: It is not against the law (game code/rules) so I can do it.

Just as the stupidly defended "camps are fine off the map" got wiped... consequences for reckless killing will be brought in place whenever Rocket gets finished with his morality system.

Will it stop you from killing everyone you meet? No...but it will be interesting to see what consequences emerge.

Cry Much??

This is bullshit' date=' had a character just get killed about a minute ago. Guy drove up next to me in a uaz, called out over voice that i was friendly and he drove off. Walking through the middle of town, next thing you know im blow to hell by god know what. Great, had tons of resources and ammo and made it all the way north.

Apparently there are no ppl that want to work together in this game, just kill each other. That completely breaks the game for me. I mean the pvp thing is for immersion right? In real life, ppl wouldn't just kill anyone who wasn't a zombie they saw. They would carefully approach them and make an evaluation. Nope not in this game, as soon as they see you, your dead. Could have easily killed this guy as he was driving straight for me. Guess ill just start shooting anyone on sight too? That is what this game has become, its not about zombies at all now. Just killing pvp, which completely ruins the point of playing to me.

Guy who killed me in vybor, congrats to you and the 8 stanag mags and m16a4 w/m203, blood bags, morphine, epi, and all the other stuff i worked so hard to get. Next time i see your truck im blowing it to hell.

Anyone reply saying "u mad bro". answer is simply yes, yes i am

[/quote']

No point in trying and convince anyone to continue playing. Do what you want.

But since I've been playing you got to learn to just roll with the punches. Your going to die. If you can't don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

I have been killed a few times. The worst was when my mate died in cherno, so i looted all of the medical supplies i could. I ran out of cherno, armed with a crowbar, on my way to him as he respawned not far away and someone gunned me down. big whoop. IT HAPPENS!!

"- I kill on sight. Problem? I do this to protect what is mine. If I see you, I will kill you. I don't care if you don't see me yet. I don't care if you only have a hatchet. I don't care if you have a bigger gun than me. Nothing matters but my own safety. If you do happen to find someone friendly online, chances are that you will get backstabbed later on. Don't deal with it."

I wonder if people feel smart when they say this kind of things... yes, probably. Did you know that players could actually spawn infinitely on a server? Why don't you play on servers where there is actually no players in then? Yes, your point is completely wrong and is just an excuse.

I read most of this thread and in other circumstances I'd say most of the comments are players trolling the author. They are like so proud because they think what they're doing is so though! "I'd be so badass if an apocalypse happened! Roaaar" and most of the answers could be put like "I'm so better than you". Getting a good gear is so over-rated. Killing to get better stuff? You can already do lots while only equiped with a lee-enfield... Killing because you feel endangered by an other player? Such lame excuses.

Anyway, about the subject, I believe a lot of people would actually behave otherwise if there wasn't that vicious circle... like LtntDan here stated "Guess ill just start shooting anyone on sight too?". I mostly tell other players they have 10 seconds to move away before I kill them^^ Killing players can be really fun but most of the time it's just nonsensical... and this story you told us, Dan, clearly is. On an other hand, I completely agree with an other comment who said that the reactions after getting killed are so childish. And people who wish they could actually be rewarded because they play in a gentle way is plain stupid. The game is good because there is no boundaries like these.

I love the natural selection thing going on with this game. Weak people who are bad at the game quit. This is amazing and I wish every other online game I played was like that.

This is bullshit' date=' had a character just get killed about a minute ago. Guy drove up next to me in a uaz, called out over voice that i was friendly and he drove off. Walking through the middle of town, next thing you know im blow to hell by god know what. Great, had tons of resources and ammo and made it all the way north.

Apparently there are no ppl that want to work together in this game, just kill each other. That completely breaks the game for me. I mean the pvp thing is for immersion right? In real life, ppl wouldn't just kill anyone who wasn't a zombie they saw. They would carefully approach them and make an evaluation. Nope not in this game, as soon as they see you, your dead. Could have easily killed this guy as he was driving straight for me. Guess ill just start shooting anyone on sight too? That is what this game has become, its not about zombies at all now. Just killing pvp, which completely ruins the point of playing to me.

Guy who killed me in vybor, congrats to you and the 8 stanag mags and m16a4 w/m203, blood bags, morphine, epi, and all the other stuff i worked so hard to get. Next time i see your truck im blowing it to hell.

Anyone reply saying "u mad bro". answer is simply yes, yes i am

[/quote']

ZOMG I DIES SO I QUITZZ NAOW. Man i walked all the way to NW airfield 3 times yesterday cause I kept dying i had nvgs a snipe and everything and im still playing. Quit then one less person to see bitching on the forums and tbh if i saw someone in a real zombie apocalypse id blow their face off too and ask questions later. I dont trust people as is be it in a game or in RL cause we are a greedy race of beings that will do w/e it takes to get what we want. Rule one of this game as everyone says and clearly everyone is to oblivious to follow it is "DO NOT TRUST ANYONE" and if u want someone to play with why dont you ask on the forums and get a buddy like most people do... Quit whinig, get off ur lazy ass and make some friends to play with.

Oh befor I forget you said and I quote this here cause im lazzy like you "Next time i see your truck im blowing it to hell." I thought u were done? I Though you were gona quit bro? "r_youmadbro" 1

I kissed a zombie and I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiked it. (By kissing, I mean shoving a Remington up it's nostril and fulling the trigger).

So what? I got killed yesterday carrying 2 M14's and a m24, and guess what? I started playing 10 minutes after that happened and it didn't take long until I found a bunch of sweet weapons.

I love the natural selection thing going on with this game. Weak people who are bad at the game quit. This is amazing and I wish every other online game I played was like that.

I've seen streamers who are bad @ Dayz. But at least they a good outlook. They don't cry every time they lose gear XD

You can become a better player, but you can't become more mature overnight.

Your basic defense consists of: It is not against the law (game code/rules) so I can do it.

Not really my point, but yes, if its in the game, you CAN do it.

This is a sandbox game. Do whatever you like in this virtual world.

Further more, its a sandbox game, in its ALPHA stage.

My problem with the OP, and those who think like him,

is he doesn't know/understand how the game and its rules/mechanics work,

but he still feels like he was treated "unfairly" by the game/players.

He didn't "deserve" what he got.

Fact 1. Any player can shoot anyone else, there is no law/god/rule to stop that.

Fact 2. I see an armed stranger in a vehicle.

Do I :

a) Wave and run up to them expecting cake?

B) Shoot them in face?

c) All of the above?

Lets say I do a).

Then I create a forum thread about it, and whine a bit, saying I'm gonna quit, so there :-P

And when people point out the rules of the game to me, and where I went wrong, I don't accept what they say.

I rationalize how strangers should serve cake because <insert plausible post-apocalyptic scenario here>.

Play moar.

Understand the "rules".

Whine less.

Post suggestions.

We all win.

(btw I'm also very curious to see how Rocket implements a "morality" system, but I promise not to whine about it, much)

I am probably overly trusting of other people. I've been backstabbed so many times. But it's all made worth it when I find a likeminded person to stick with and we go on our own dangerous adventures for a few hours. I just spent 3 hours with a random guy I met at Balota airfield making our way to Cherno to get some supplies to survive, by which time it became nighttime and we could hear the echoing of sniper shots resounding through the town, and see people run across a street being chased by a few zombies, completely unaware we were hiding in the shadows. One guy came into the supermarket while we were looting there, and he seemed to be hostile. We both just aimed at him and told him in voice chat that if he turns towards us, he gets shot. So he left. We were on our way to one of the hospitals when my partner suddenly disconnected, so our fun ended there. But it was some of the best hours I've ever spent gaming and totally worth being killed many times over to eventually find someone truly 'friendly'.

Guy drove up next to me in a uaz, called out over voice that i was friendly and he drove off. Walking through the middle of town, next thing you know im blow to hell by god know what. Great, had tons of resources and ammo and made it all the way north.

Why would you do that? How was he able to drive up next to you unless you were being perfectly visible?

People can be assholes in this game but it looks like this was your fault. I mean you had a lot of good gear, why did you risk it so cavalierly on the hope of meeting a friendly?

• Like 1