merropa93

Experimental Update 1.26 (Change Log)

24 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

I am fascinated by your conclusion. Out of all of the people here on the forums I would have never guessed you would oppose the inventory changes.

Why not?
Maybe you have the wrong idea about me...
Try reading this, maybe it will clarify my thoughts on the matter:
https://forums.dayz.com/topic/263334-experimental-update-126-change-log/?tab=comments#comment-2498723

2 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

The only ones who appreciate and defend these modicica are you 4 in this forum.

Well, it's okay. Look: the servers already have mods for increasing inventory, which means these changes will not affect them. And those who think differently will welcome the changes. Everyone wins, right?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

If a lot of servers use the mod that "increases" the slots, (PvP, PvE, Monsters, and various bullshit... ALL genres) and there is NO mod that reduces them... maybe there is a reason. Maybe that really A LOT of players (of all genres, PvP, PvE, monster hunting, skeleton hunting, pure survival, etc...) feel the need to have more slots than the "standard DayZ".

I don't think this is a good argument.

A lot of servers have traders, absurd amounts of guns, Ferraris, pink party busses, tons of servers remove zombies too... Just because it's popular it doesn't make it right to add all of that to the vanilla game.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, JerseyD said:

Thank you for REDUCING BACKPACKS SIZE! This is truly one of the best decisions ever (not a sarcarsm). Go on Youtube, turn on random XBOX Dayz video, 99% chance the guy would have 4 main Guns, 2 spare and 3-4 pistols - this is insane, Dayz is not a gun trader simulator

Here... always a problem with the amount of weapons carried by the "enemy".
IT'S NOT COD!
And it shouldn't even become one.
And even if it were, you remind me of the "crybabys" on Battlefield who complain and insult everyone who kills them, because they have too powerful weapons (shotgun, M259), use too powerful accessories (bipod, FLIR, etc..), they don't always run and jump around the map like them (hence: "camper").
But... it's learning to play better, instead... no?!?

🤨

19 minutes ago, 64coreCPU said:

Well, it's okay. Look: the servers already have mods for increasing inventory, which means these changes will not affect them. And those who think differently will welcome the changes. Everyone wins, right?

No.
Unfortunately, the flaw of modded servers is that everyone sets it up as they want and the majority have... precisely... Traders, monsters, hordes of skeletons, infinite stamina, super weapons, super vehicles (completely out of context) and bullshit of all kinds... and often even too many random or poorly managed changes...
Then also consider the "problem" of moderation, too often terrible and only oriented to "gratify yourself and your friends" (there are tons of stories like this: I've seen some myself).
I have rarely found a server that is at least "playable" (from my point of view, obviously). I found one a few years ago, but then it closed.
I started my own server, put it online, but I couldn't even finish it well because I had problems with "Nitrado" (terrible provider) and with my health... now the server is down... and the little time I have available I would just like to play a little quietly.
I often choose public servers, even if I do NOT look for PvP, but I like the feeling (sometimes even verified in reality), that behind every corner and plant you can find a hostile player who kills you... and raids your base, and steals your supplies... it's a constant challenge.
Sometimes I would just like to "relax" a bit in a PvE... but without so much "bullshit"... hard to find.
For this reason I would like public servers to be managed better and according to the true DayZ philosophy: "an authentic game where you have to try to survive as long as possible" (which is NOT CoD)
Did I explain myself a little better?
Are Google translations understandable?

Very good news about inventory reduction. This is a survival game, the loss of space will make people have to decide and prioritise what loot to keep, and these decisions can have ramifications down the line, depending on what you choose to discard. This also keeps players on their toes so instead of geared up squads travelling around with their whole lives on their backs looking for pvp, now they will have to make food trips into town or seek out certain items. Now players wont be able to have 4 guns and the meat of a whole cow in their pockets plus everything else. 

This could also potentially mean more loot available because people cant pick up as much. 

I think the game gets better as it gets harder. Theres always people whinging and moaning with every update which appears to penalise the player, but people adapt and they forget about how easy it used to be. Anyone who has issues with these changes probably doesnt belong on this game. If you want pvp without the survival im sure theres other options for you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

38 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

I don't think this is a good argument.

A lot of servers have traders, absurd amounts of guns, Ferraris, pink party busses, tons of servers remove zombies too... Just because it's popular it doesn't make it right to add all of that to the vanilla game.

That's not what I said... you keep looking at the finger and not the Moon.
Read everything I write...
Where did I write that "just because it's popular then it's right"?!?
I'm the first to contest the Traders, the super weapons, the infinite stamina (you can fine-tune it as you like in the server settings: those who use the mod don't even understand how a DayZ server works), the super vehicles, the monsters, the hordes of skeletons, etc...
However, making people believe that cutting the number of slots with an axe without any other adjustment changes to things is a right thing and that everyone wants... is a wrong thing.
Aside from this forum (perhaps full of B.I. "fans"), in all the other places I read, there are more "complaints" than "praises" (and a lot of disproportion in favor of complaints... see Wobo's videos and many others... read all the visitors' comments, don't rely only on Wobo's comment in the video), and another demonstration that you can observe is precisely that of the mods: there are many mods that increase the slots, very used (regardless of who, it is used a lot anyway. I myself, who have a server that seeks "verisimilitude" have put one of these mods)... while there is no mod that reduces them... and there are many "fanatical" servers of the difficulties (I did NOT write "realism"... read carefully... but "difficulty"... it is NOT the same thing), between "Namalsk" (map) and other mods that create a whole series of additional difficulties. If a mod that reduces the spaces does not exist (at least I do not have one) found), maybe it's because nobody really needs it or feels the need for it.
It seems that only you in this forum, compared to the whole "DayZ world" appreciate and request this reduction...

16 minutes ago, Judley said:

Very good news about inventory reduction. This is a survival game, the loss of space will make people have to decide and prioritise what loot to keep, and these decisions can have ramifications down the line, depending on what you choose to discard. This also keeps players on their toes so instead of geared up squads travelling around with their whole lives on their backs looking for pvp, now they will have to make food trips into town or seek out certain items. Now players wont be able to have 4 guns and the meat of a whole cow in their pockets plus everything else. 

This could also potentially mean more loot available because people cant pick up as much. 

I think the game gets better as it gets harder. Theres always people whinging and moaning with every update which appears to penalise the player, but people adapt and they forget about how easy it used to be. Anyone who has issues with these changes probably doesnt belong on this game. If you want pvp without the survival im sure theres other options for you. 

Just the opposite.
These changes favor "hit and run PvP"... the kind of players who always go "light" to have as much stamina as possible, and in ghilie (which has 4 slots and that's it) only to hide better (ghilies are ONLY useful for PvP)... and who, not knowing how to play well and not being "sportsmen", would like ALL the other players to be penalized in the available space (all the complaints are only about weapons carried hidden in backpacks and jackets... who knows why...).
This is a change that makes DayZ even more "hit and run CoD"... and less "DayZ survival".
This is the real effect!

🙄

Did I explain myself a little better?

I understand what you're saying, but vanilla servers won't keep 100% of players happy. This is why community servers exist. Moreover, there is an official opportunity to run your own server on your computer, setting it up the way you want. Perhaps there are too few players with the same views on things as you. Otherwise, there would be a community server whose settings you would like. For example, I think the main problem with the game is PvP. Even if a server is labeled as PvE, it is actually still PvP. The whole point of surviving in a zombie apocalypse is destroyed by the desire of players to fight each other. Why do we need zombies at all if other players are doing a good job of killing players?

Are Google translations understandable?

To a sufficient extent. At least I use Google to translate from English to my language and can understand.

15 minutes ago, 64coreCPU said:

vanilla servers won't keep 100% of players happy.

I know that official servers won't make 100% of players happy, but they should at least stay true to the lore of the game and its description that it is advertised and sold for: "The post-soviet country of Chernarus is struck by an unknown virus [] DayZ is an unforgiving, authentic, open world sandbox [] follows a single goal - to survive as long as they can, by all means necessary."

Instead it seems to be becoming more and more of a "hit and run CoD"

😧

Guys, boats are something else. Very (VERY) solid job done. Small bugs - yes, but those are crushing like titanic on ice, because of the fact boats that good. Some many new opportunities/scenarios for Sakhal/Namalsk/Livonia and god damn, Chernarus needed this so much for so long. All the f*ck ups that you did along the way was almost worh it. This is something. If you add largrer caliber for sniping later and consider air transport in any form (even flying chair will be enough) - all mistakes will be forgiven + huge extra amount of respect for possible future mistakes. You are already in history my friends. Great job, keep going. These are truly exciting times for Dayz. Well done guys, well done.

17 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

Read also what i wrote to "etwas"

I read it just like I read everything you wrote in this thread about the changes and in the other thread of user23353453 who wanted to oppose the recent change of the inventory system. You are actually the one who doesn't read what I write to you and you have difficulty understanding the issue and I'm taking my time and energy to explain to you because you are doing harm to DayZ without knowing it.
I gave you many explanations but you are still confused.
To put it inelegantly, I assure you here that you are on this one completely off the mark. I understand you, I guessed you and you don't. You are doing harm to the identity of DayZ by opposing to this change, especially when you encourage the majority on multiple comments. Please take a step back. Take all the time you need and rethink it with a rational lens.

1 hour ago, Riddick_2K said:

Don't always think in "Black and White". I'm ONLY talking about the slots in backpacks and clothes.

You oppose to reasoning by elimination only which is good but the alternative you are offering is also a pre-elimination for the content to have a possibility to reach a certain congruency with itself because you want to fight something by a compensation that goes against the nature of the content. 
The carrying capacity of the clothes and backpacks is unrealistically permissive, inauthentic and forgiving. It should even go further than what is being done for 1.26 until a T-shirt without a tiny single pocket in it have 0 carrying capacity. 0 slot.
I shouldn't be able to carry a cooking pot in my worn clothes even if I want to.
I shouldn't be able to to carry a Mosin in my backpack.
I shouldn't be able to carry a vehicle wheel in my hunter jacket.
I shouldn't be able to carry a wooden log in my clothes or backpack.
I shouldn't be able to carry a car radiator in my pants.
I shouldn't be able to carry a car battery in my t-shirt.
I could go on and on...
The content is officially described and marketed as authentic and unforgiving.
I mean, what are you even trying to defend?
You want compensation? 
Ask only for authentic compensation. I'll give some examples below.

1 hour ago, Riddick_2K said:

Maybe I understood the "problem". In this server, that is, there are mainly "CoD" players who would also like to "CoDize" DayZ. 

No you don't.
Think the content itself, not the engagement of player. The inventory system is big and inauthentic. 
Prioritise compensating while being congruent to how the content is officially marketed and described.
Those are examples of an authentic compensation:

• Requiring a sling to attach a tool on you, increasing the durability of what your wear in your feet to be dealt with compressed realism according to time and space of the content so you won't have to always carry a 6 slots leather kit, adding sockets where you can hide some hid-able things in it, adding another shirt or some layering that you can wear under the jacket and where additional pockets can only allow you to carry things that can realistically carry, if there is, etc).

Compensating this by unrealistically increasing the inventory of the individual slots goes against the official description (authentic and unforgiving) and would make it even worse than what you criticise (COD).
What you mean by "codize" is "casualising" and infesting it with "arcadness" but you need to understand that keeping the inventory big and ridiculously permissive is also "casualising" and infesting it with "arcadness" (for the lack of better term but I think you'll get it). 

2 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

Only a player who is NOT looking for "survival", who is NOT trying to survive alone in remote places carrying everything he needs for this... and who only enjoys looking for wretches to kill and wants them "unarmed and helpless" can want the slots to be reduced (he doesn't need them and it creates problems for him if others use them)

Wrong. You are making false assumptions. 
I myself avoid PVP in DayZ because of the fundamentals being out of place, out of touch with authenticity and the source of this is movement and motion even before gunplay not being authentic.
I understanding liking being able to carry many things but only if you can do it in an authentic way otherwise DayZ should be described as inauthentic and forgiving. 

2 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

(he doesn't need them and it creates problems for him if others use them)

Correct. It creates a problem because it is an inauthentic and forgiving aspect.
It is about having honesty and integrity about your content.
It also create a problem that you can't judge what somebody may carry on him until he pulls out a Mosin from his backpack (without the least inconvenience to having to interact with his backpack...).
Those things are out of place in any content that is about authentic and unforgiving survival and which is officially described and marketed as authentic and unforgiving.
I'm not even talking here about its roots = ARMA II described officially in Bohemia Interactive's official website as the most realistic military combat simulation ever developed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

Posted (edited)

What I like about the smaller inventory is that you can now more reasonably estimate if or what type of weapons someone may be hiding.

In .62 there was no way someone could carry a sawed off without a big jacket or backpack... except for the ONE riders jacket that JUST fit a shotgun and nothing else. No way that guy with the riders jacket and jeans has a shotgun on him right? He's got no guns on his back and he looks fresh... boom xD

Nowadays even a guy wearing jeans shorts and nothing else could have a big submachine gun perfectly conceiled xD

And a guy wearing ONLY hunter pants can have a full ASSAULT RIFLE on him while lookin like he just spawned two seconds ago.

Now sawed offs may actually have a use, to be a conceiled surprise weapon. Putting a shotgun or rifle under a piece of clothing which everyone assumes won't have anything bigger than a pistol possibly hidden inside it.

One day my friend wore a nurse dress and scrubs pants, I don't think any weapon bigger than a derringer fit in there back then.

He also had a child backpack. No way this guy in his tight freshie clothes has an MP5 hidden in his child briefcase, it barely fits in there.

Well he did xD that moment is still in my memory.

Nowadays he could have 2 MP5 and an assasult rifle shoved in there.

Edited by Pyongo Bongo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

People forget video games are not real life.  Regardless of how much they claim realism in their marketing or design. 

The decisions of the game developers are their decisions alone.  Not the communities. 

We should be thankful that this game still receives content updates after 10 years and allows the community to mod to their hearts content.  

If you want real gun mechanics, go to the shooting range. If you want real survival mechanics, go camping without sufficient preparation.  If you want to play DayZ, play DayZ.  No one is forcing you.    

• Like 1

On 8/7/2024 at 5:07 PM, DefectiveWater said:

Did you perhaps increase rendering distance to extreme? Can your PC handle that extra load?

I would hope so 3080/5800x/32gb ram. This update 2 the performance seems even the worst now then the first update. A lot of micro shuttering too. 

5 minutes ago, xhristopher369 said:

People forget video games are not real life. 

Right, Einstein! Nobody would've guessed that. 

The view distance slider is the best thing to happen since it was removed for the stand alone. Game looks sorta modern now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

Change chernarus map somehwat with rivers down to the coast so it possible to use the boat up the rivers😉 and let boats spawn near the lake of Plotina tishina above the dam.

• Beans 1

Posted (edited)

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T183911 Not a fan of the backpack capacity changes at all. Clothing changes made sense and because the backpack capacity hadn't changed, it was fine. With the backpacks being changed like this, I feel its going to overly incentivize stashes which already hurt server performance. Plus, for the solo adventurers, this really hits hard. 

Edit: To add, if you want to affect backpack accessibility, why not make it to where you can only access your bag if it is in your hands? Would help with those complaining about easily accessing multiple weapons from their bag.

Edited by Randmann
Adding suggestion
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

10 hours ago, DeathDeclined said:

I would hope so 3080/5800x/32gb ram. This update 2 the performance seems even the worst now then the first update. A lot of micro shuttering too. 

For me this experimental works much better than any other updates before, even with visibility set to Very high. Also got RTX 3080 (12 GB ver) but with i7 12700KF, same 32GB RAM.
Note that on Extreme preset the visibility settings are set to High, so Very High and Extreme are more than the strongest preset...

I also had tons of micro stuttering or shuttering and I mostly fixed it with one simple thing, I updated BIOS on my MOBO. It turned out that it was 2 years old and many many versions away from the newest one. After update, DayZ works much better (however Hardware AA still hurts for past few updates).

Posted (edited)
On 8/22/2024 at 8:08 PM, Randmann said:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T183911 Not a fan of the backpack capacity changes at all. Clothing changes made sense and because the backpack capacity hadn't changed, it was fine. With the backpacks being changed like this, I feel its going to overly incentivize stashes which already hurt server performance. Plus, for the solo adventurers, this really hits hard. 

Edit: To add, if you want to affect backpack accessibility, why not make it to where you can only access your bag if it is in your hands? Would help with those complaining about easily accessing multiple weapons from their bag.

It's still not fine and I'd do more than that.
The cargo capacity in clothing and backpacks shouldn't be that inauthentic and forgiving in the first place. Even with the EXP's 1.26 recent reduce, it is still very permissive and I'd still first encourage Bohemia Interactive for more reduce or to put it more accurately: a rework of the entire cargo capacity based on authenticity.
The inventory and storage system affect a lot of aspects.
If it came to me, I'd reduce the cargo capacity until a T-shirt without a single pocket retain zero cargo capacity, block big objects that are voluminous than the targeted container to go inside, I'll require you to have a proper sling to attach a weapon on you and increase your sway if you're running with all that weight and stoping to shoot, require backpacks to be taken in the hands to access its container (except proximity attachments like radios) and implement a system of cumbersome along with the need to rest due to fatigue, weight and terrain affecting your nutrition, hydration, motions, movements, your shortness of breath, your body temperature, your risk of injury and the risk of passing out until falling on the ground while sleeping in the cold where chances of a predator will come to devour your flesh while you're full black screen in your tv for the time required to erase your belief and your illusions of any overpowered divine capacities and much more than before I think of any authentic compensation.

Before the reduce, a maximum slot inventory capacity and a field backpack in hands allow survivors to carry boxes of nails weighting 954 Kg (1 slot x 3 kg = 3 x 318 slots) and run infinitely. 

For now, the reduce is unfortunately only making the content trying to hold itself with some cautious and small portion of congruency so that you and your friends don't faint, pass out and evaporate on Bohemia Interactive adding fees for your ceremonials along your way out and just a little bit less laughable for me.

Edited by Presence-
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have questions. Is there some kind of sabotage in your company? Changing the camera position worked fine. Why does it now look like the operator was thrown out of the window and caught on the bumper? This is hell for epileptics. There are so many problems with the boat, it seems like you only started working on it yesterday and all you have is its model. Give "Sumrak" a boat and buy him a beer. He will make it playable in an evening. Why did you touch the backpacks? Do you understand that you yourself created a world where all the player's property necessary for survival is the contents of his backpack? You would do better to improve the mechanics of buildings which have not changed for many years. It would be better to add interesting mechanics, and not add more problems that often do not work properly.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MrHem said:

Why did you touch the backpacks? Do you understand that you yourself created a world where all the player's property necessary for survival is the contents of his backpack? 

I don't think that you need to be able to carry 5 Famas or 45 stag steaks in a 90 field backpack and run infinitely to be able to survive in DayZ.
I don't think that you even need a backpack anyway to survive in DayZ when you can carry a cooking pot in your non-existent pocket of your worn T-shirt...
Unfortunately, there's still no much and not enough concern in survival elements apart from the other "survivors?" encounter.

Edited by Presence-
  • Sad 1

Ah yes, 5 famas could never fit in a military backpack irl.

Edit: Does anybody know why the wolf headdress weighs 5 kg?

Edited by Xeonmeister