merropa93

Experimental Update 1.26 (Change Log)

PC Experimental 1.26 Update 1 - Version 1.26.158551 (Release on 06.08.2024)

NOTES

• Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.

• Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.

• You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME

ADDED

• Brown Hare
  • Red Fox
  • Wolf trophy headdress
  • Shemagh
  • Fishing jig
  • Wooden fishing hook
  • Consuming scorching hot items now slows consumption and causes damage
  • It is now possible to climb onto ledges while swimming
  • Authentication for official game servers
  • Some items can now freeze if exposed to low temperatures
  • Grass now bends under animals and infected
  • Terrain and object visibility settings
  • In-game server browser now verifies all official servers before displaying them
  • In-game server browser can now filter for maps
  • In-game server browser now allows sorting for maps in a separate column
  • Description field for servers, displayed in the server browser

FIXED

CHANGED

• Updated official server naming conventions in coherence with the server browser update
  • Reworked character heat comfort and how it is influenced
  • Rebalanced the insulation values of most clothing items
  • Renamed "bad" insulation to "worst" for better understanding
  • Reworked fishing action and its chances, including audio and particle effects (let go of LMB to reel in a fish when caught)
  • Fishing bait is no longer crafted, but an attachment of hook
  • Slightly rebalanced the nutrition values of fish
  • Eating raw fish now causes food poisoning instead of salmonella
  • Worms are now stackable
  • It's now possible to dig multiple worms at once with certain tools
  • Reworked the common cold into stages, added pneumonia
  • Codeine pills and morphine now suppress common cold and influenza symptoms
  • To tackle animal predators being an easy source of food for highly geared players, we have infected predator meat with a disease
  • All edible items can now be added to cooking slots
  • All edible items can now be heated up to warm up the character when consumed
  • Tweaked water gain from food items, decreased the gain from cooked items
  • Removed rough and precision soft skills
  • Firewood can now be stacked up to 3 times in the inventory
  • Tweaked the minimum and maximum temperatures of items
  • Players now gain temporary immunity to the cold after beating it or any of its later stages
  • The flare gun ammunition now spins slightly on descent
  • Active rain/snowfall now decrease the hearing of infected
  • Force feeding is now only possible when facing the player
  • Sitting in a vehicle with running engine will now set your character's heat comfort to neutral
  • Heat packs cool down over a longer period and give drastically more benefit
  • Traps now require bait and might catch different animals depending on the bait
  • Traps now play a sound when they caught an animal
  • Traps in water play a particle effect when they caught an animal
  • Reduced damage taken by traps on catch
  • Increased chance of catching animals via trap
  • Reduced time required for traps to catch an animal
  • Significantly increased the weight of animals pelts
  • Terrain detail video settings are now hidden and set to one value that corresponds to the multiplayer settings (it was always forced to one value by the server anyway)
  • Optimized world loading for respawning players (PC only)
  • Reduced the AI alertness from pistol shots
  • Strongly reduced the AI alertness from shots of the Sporter
  • Heat buffer (+ symbol) now shows progression on HUD and its behavior has been slightly altered
  • Reduced size of the cargo on most jackets, pants and vests

• Adjusted inventory sizes of various items

• Many continuous actions have now their camera view angle limited to the general area, where the action is conducted
  • It's not possible to construct garden plots below certain environment temperatures

CENTRAL ECONOMY

CHERNARUS

• Fixed: A glitched military convoy position at Dubrovka
  • Changed: Morning fog behavior, there is always morning fog around the coast and in the low altitude valleys. The density is randomized, it can be too thick sometimes
  • Changed: Wind direction and speed is giving clues about how the upcoming overcast will be
  • Changed: Large-scale rebalancing of clothing items and firearms

LIVONIA

• Changed: Morning fog behavior, there CAN be a morning fog which is on the river and around its bed. The density is randomized
  • Changed: Livonia now has sudden overcast changes. The sudden change always ends with a bad weather and the duration of it shorter compared to normal overcast changes
  • Changed: Wind direction and speed is giving clues about how the upcoming overcast will be
  • Changed: Default date reset interval moved from Aug-Sept to July-Aug
  • Changed: Large-scale rebalancing of clothing items and firearms

SERVER

LAUNCHER

• Added: Launcher now verifies all official servers before displaying them

MODDING

• Added: Items can now freeze in adequate temperatures
  • Added: Support for snowfall
  • Added: Reindeer
  • Added: Heavy Metal poisoning
  • Added: 'CGame.ReloadShape' to reload an objects p3d through script (diag only)
  • Added: Support for NoiseSystemParams::shotVolExponent in Infected.hpp config file, which affects volume fall off shots heard by infected
  • Added: Diag Menu: "Enfusion World > Bullet > Simulation" to pause and step through physics simulation
  • Added: GetAimingHandsOffsetLR, GetAimingHandsOffsetUD script API
  • Added: Ability to define a texture layer with a certain projection vector into Multi and Super shader (documentation coming soon, )
  • Added: Script functions IsPointInPolygon, IsPointInPolygonXZ, IsPointInTriangleXZ, TriangleWindingXZ
  • Added: Exposed various getters for Car wheel contact
  • Added: Configuration of the sea - parameters MaxTide and MaxWave in cfgWorlds. Diag menu option to set the sea level to maximum or minimum
  • Added: Script function GetAdditionalHealthTypes
  • Fixed: 'DbgUI.SliderFloat' not accepting inputs or rendering
  • Fixed: A bug that could be abused to obfuscate files
  • Fixed: EntityOverlapSingleBullet had incorrect parameter count
  • Fixed: FindFile script method did not handle the pattern correctly on linux (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T179707)
  • Fixed: FileMode.WRITE was not truncating the file on Linux (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T180210)
  • Changed: Vertex limit in a single p3d model has been increased from 32 thousand to 65 thousand
  • Changed: The vehicle UI has been refactored to allow for more extendability. In the current version (1.26), both the old and new solution are present to give time for mods which would use the vehicle UI scripts to change to the new version without pressure. With version 1.27, the old solution will be removed completely. By default, the old UI solution is used.  In order to switch to the new version, run the game with startup parameter -scrDef=VEH_UI_REFACTOR. The relevant changes are present within IngameHud.c
  • Changed: SurfaceGetType(3D) now returns the Y position the surface was found
  • Changed: Tree and grass material property `perlinDirAffection` will now have square reduction of its magnitude below the value of 0.5, resolving some visual noise of trees and grass
  • Changed: Clutter generation speed has been significantly increased on higher cell size terrains
  • Changed: Surfaces can now define a 'stepParticle' and 'wheelParticle'
  • Tweaked: Debug shots trace now outputs speed of projectile upon exiting a surface

TERRAIN BUILDER

• Added: Template library filtering
  • Fixed: Export Shapes to Imagery functionality now continues to work even after invalid path is specified
  • Fixed: Renaming an object/shape layer works now, instead of creating a new layer
  • Tweaked: "Remove + Delete from HDD" from Object layer window has been replaced with "Remove" option which does NOT delete the corresponding file
  • Tweaked: Removed _V4_LAYERSVIEW_FIXES from TerrainBuilder
  • Tweaked: Removed DNDCONTROL_MENU_DEL from DnDControl.h in TerrainBuilder
  • Tweaked: Removed various unused options from Terrain -> Preferences
  • Tweaked: Generate layers process has been optimized and is now faster
  • Tweaked: Improvements to the mass conversion of PNG to PAA for layers (you can select parallel conversion)

KNOWN ISSUES

• Start of a community server might get rejected with error "ERROR: Could not find "officialKeyModulus" field in server config!" - Add shardId = "123abc"; into your serverDZ.cfg file to fix this
  • We are investigating an issue with official servers not displaying in the in-game server browser in certain cases. Use the external DayZ Launcher to connect to official servers if you encounter this issue.
  • Some items might clip in cooking slots
  • It is not possible to drink from troughs
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

Thats why I like and dont like dev streams. They often spoils everything regarding new items. You can always hope for more variety of items, but in the end its always the same 😉 in this case with shemagh. Windstride got lot of cool items, no idea why some of them cant be implemented into the base game 😞

umm.. dedicated server terminates it self with no error just after starting it.
fresh reinstall does not help

20 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

Do we know anything about this?
I don't see it in the notes.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T173493

Thank you

As indicated by Geez in the ticket, this has been resolved for 1.26. Some changes may not be present in the changelog.

ok.. i found the issue with downloaded files

16:36:32.56 ERROR: Could not find "officialKeyModulus" field in server config!
16:36:32.56 ERROR: Failed to generate private key blob!
16:36:32.56 FAILED: Official server signature could not be generated! Shutting down server!

40 minutes ago, endreu said:

16:36:32.56 FAILED: Official server signature could not be generated! Shutting down server!

I have this too. And if you add the mentioned field in the config, there will be various other missing field errors. All apparently related to official servers. Did they publish the official server exe by accident or what's going on here?

Geez wrote on dayz tracker
"Do you run the server with shard ID from 000 - 099? As doing so will result in such error.
Using shard ID such as 111 will resolve the problem."

shard are located in default serverDZ (new line)

57 minutes ago, Draowyr said:

As indicated by Geez in the ticket, this has been resolved for 1.26. Some changes may not be present in the changelog.

This IS 1.26, right ?!?

If you read the ticket carefully, this should have been resolved already on September 26, 2022...

Edited by Riddick_2K

56 minutes ago, endreu said:

Start of a community server might get rejected with error "ERROR: Could not find "officialKeyModulus" field in server config!" - Add shardId = "123abc"; into your serverDZ.cfg file to fix this

• Thanks 1

The weight nerf is simply ridiculous, literally half for military jackets, vests, even chopped a bit of the trousers.

Who the hell is telling you that these changes are a good decision, is it some kind of focus group? It sure as hell isn't anybody that actually plays the game, I welcome quality of life changes but I don't like it when you make life harder than it already is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Reduced size of the cargo on most jackets, pants and vests

Here, this was NOT needed... They weren't too big, in fact, there are mods to further expand them. It's a game based on the search for loot, if we don't have somewhere to put it and transport it, what's the point?!? Maybe with jackets it could make sense, but at least... on the other hand... it increases that of backpacks and vests.

🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its a survival game first - everything else comes second. And vanilla pockets were ridiculous; Its not normal to hide car radiator or a battery in your pocket. And lets not talk about mods here because its a whole different thing which allows people to do anything they want. Backpacks? I would also suggest to do it like that: player must first take it off his back to actually open it. Nothing new, very normal, strategic.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

It's a game based on the search for loot, if we don't have somewhere to put it and transport it, what's the point?!?

Point is that you need to choose carefully what you need.

I like the change and I hope they keep making more changes to the inventory to make it feel more authentic - "pockets" system kinda.

This is actually one of the better changes they did. Now if only they would buff the durability of some items because it's going to get difficult carrying 6 sewing kits and 2 gun repair kits with less space.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Point is that you need to choose carefully what you need.

I like the change and I hope they keep making more changes to the inventory to make it feel more authentic - "pockets" system kinda.

This is actually one of the better changes they did. Now if only they would buff the durability of some items because it's going to get difficult carrying 6 sewing kits and 2 gun repair kits with less space.

How long have you been playing DayZ?

They will NEVER do that! Look at the amount of nonsense and bullshit deliberately chosen that makes the game unreal and absurd... I've always said (written, actually, in this forum) that it seems they enjoy making the game more and more
absurd and unreal (I don't feel like listing the unreal absurdities of this game)... and making it more and more "annoying to play".
This is a good example.
And for this specific case, the proof that many players share what I say (write), is the fact that there are some mods that expand the available slots in all clothing and bacpaks and are among the most used. Like the "build everywhere" mod, which wouldn't even make sense to use because you can get the same effect by changing the game settings themselves, but evidently few administrators know this and use the mod... for the too restrictive collisions in the construction of fences and tents: this is among the most used ever. Or the improvement of the "grip" on the ground of the vehicles, or of the performance of the vehicles themselves: these are a little less used because the vehicles have poor performance anyway (a big flaw that modders, alone, cannot solve, unfortunately). The limitation of the consumption of tools and shoes, the limitation of the metabolism of the doll and many other mods that "fix" the defects of the game... look how many subscriptions they have... There are NOT only mods that "add jokes" or "modify textures" to adapt to people's tastes, but mods that "fix" the defects of the game.

NOTE: If you order the entire workshop by voting, it is interesting that the most voted are not the additions of weapons, but the additions of constructions and accessories for the bases and changes to the "management of objects".
Programmers should seriously think about this!

If you make a general picture of the conditions of the game and its management...

NOTE 2: Have you noticed that a good part of the Z have their hats too deep inside their heads... and these programmers are as if they don't even know it?!? They wait for a report with everything explained in detail (who, where, how, how to reproduce it, how to see it, etc... and then they will have the usual discussion that "they are waiting for an internal verification"... and after months... maybe... "planned for a next patch"... and this only for one Z... the one reported...
Something that should have been fixed IMMEDIATELY as soon as a new hat came into play: it should have been verified on ALL heads BEFORE being added to the game!
This is just one example out of many, obviously.

These programmers do NOT really play DayZ and do not even seriously deal with it! It is just a mere commercial product... everything else is "chatter"... "smoke in the eyes"!
You haven't seen it yet!?!

I repeat:
How long have you been playing DayZ?

P.S.

I remind everyone that I don't know English and I have to use Google Translate. 🙁

8 hours ago, nemorus said:

Its a survival game first - everything else comes second. And vanilla pockets were ridiculous; Its not normal to hide car radiator or a battery in your pocket. And lets not talk about mods here because its a whole different thing which allows people to do anything they want. Backpacks? I would also suggest to do it like that: player must first take it off his back to actually open it. Nothing new, very normal, strategic.

Do we want to make a "realistic" game? WELL, I agree, but let's do it ALL, not just a part or what is convenient for someone!

*) Backpacks are deposited full without having to empty them. Everywhere.

*) Backpacks do NOT disappear after 8 hours, but remain until time and weather destroy them.

*) Inside a car I must be able to: eat, sleep, heal myself, drink, fix a weapon, modify a weapon, rummage through the backpack placed FULL in the back seats, change clothes, etc...

*) I must be able to build tents and fences EVERYWHERE! NOT just on the flat! (there is no possibility of digging the ground to level it, as in reality. How do we do it? Do we simulate the excavation with greater penetration into the ground or do we add some type of "base" (penetrable into the ground) on which to build? (your choice)

*) Shoes and, above all, boots must NOT wear out to the point of throwing away after 2/3 days of walking! I have mountain boots that have walked for miles even on stony ground for several decades and are still in excellent condition!

*) Tools do NOT wear out like they do now. I have some pliers that are my grandfather's, that I have used for decades myself and are still perfect! I have a fishing rod since I was a child, still perfectly functional and I have fished a lot with it. Now I don't use it anymore because I bought better ones, NOT because it has "worn out"! The line wears out and changes, NOT the rod or even the hooks (I have attached some to the bottom and never recovered, but NEVER worn out for some fish recovered!)

*) I do not believe there is any human being capable of eating a whole cow and not being properly fed and still being hungry! And after 1/2 days have stomach aches again from hunger! These are NOT humans, but an alien species... maybe...

*) When I look through an optic (scope or rangefinder) I can move as I want without changing view! In DayZ the vision with the optic BLOCKS the character! And I bet that if I report it they will answer that "it is a desired feature". Which, in my opinion, would NOT even need to be reported!

*) When I was trained for the mountains, a heavy backpack did NOT block me from jumping over walls and fences... it's all a question of training!

*) In real life you do NOT enter a barrel, but you can use it to climb on top of it and reach higher. This is right, NOT only in reality, but it should be in any video game... These programmers have "disabled it on purpose"!!! Need I say more!?! 😠

*) When you raise a weapon, you raise it "generic" first of all (I don't know what it's called in English, but you get what I call "cross on the screen"), ONLY THEN, if you really want, you put your eye inside the scope. DayZ is the other way around: you raise the weapon and you find the scope... then, if anything, you have to "lower" to the "generic aim". Which is unrealistic.

*) Weapon consumption. Do we also want to discuss this, maybe competing on who is more "expert" and who is less?!? Or do we all agree that a few dozen shots are not enough to "wear out a weapon" and not even a few dozen to "damage" it?!?

*) Have you ever transported a full barrel by rotating it on its base? I'll give you some news: IT IS POSSIBLE! In real life it works!!!

*) And many others that I can't even think of right now!!!

DayZ IS NOT REALISTIC... And it doesn't even intend to become so (somewhere clearly stated in this same forum. As soon as I find it I'll mention it)... UNFORTUNATELY...

But DO NOT bring up the story of "realism" as soon as it suits you to justify some changes!!! Because it is NOT possible to do a bit like this and a bit like that as is convenient at the moment.

And since DayZ "is just a video game" (not even a very "realistic" one. Very UNrealistic, I would say), at least leave it "playable"! One of the fundamental features of the game is the search for loot for survival... you have to have the space to put it in and take it away!

Otherwise it doesn't work.

You are making an increasingly incomplete and absurd game! Do you want to improve the game slightly? (I don't dare say "make it more realistic" which would be stupid)... lower the clothing slots a bit, but increase the vest and backpack slots! Otherwise it will damage the game's gameplay!

P.S.

The "difficulty of the game" should be in the context of the game (surviving the pandemic), NOT in the absurd and poorly made game itself... I think this is NOT yet clear to ANYONE...

Edited by Riddick_2K
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Hi, lot of nice things!

I think adding a server description field is great.
I would just suggest to add a clickable link too.

It will allow server admins to share their Discord link (for example), so players will be able to easily find community members playing on the server or they will be able to join the admin in case they have problems or questions.

I really think this addition can help community servers to grow as it should avoid players quitting the server because they just can't join and have no way to find help.

1 hour ago, DeathDeclined said:

me and friends been having a lot of performance issues and shuttering on 1.26 exp atm

Did you perhaps increase rendering distance to extreme? Can your PC handle that extra load?

Anyone else notice that for Chernarus server files, that .357 ammo and ammoboxes are set to NOT spawn, but yet Repeater and Magnum are still spawning? Also Kastan, Kazuar, Kobra, PSO11 and PSO1 optics are also set to not spawn.

Did we get some rough draft of types.xml that isn't quite finished? 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1