KWilt

Current Gameplay (Not what you're thinking)

So I've recently been contemplating as to what exactly people are looking for in this game, especially as they get into the later parts where they've got every weapon in the game and tons of ammo stocked.

And suddenly, something dawns on me that sort of links every little bit together. So, let's start at the bottom of the food-chain and work our way up.

We start, spawned on the beach, with naught but a bandage, a bottle of painkillers, and a flashlight. Clearly, we are defenseless, and have to rely on either stealth or the fairly-complicated idea of losing LOS. At this moment, everything in the world is realistically a fear for your life. Zombies are completely overpowered (I'm talking in damage ratio comparisons, not speed and such) and you're pretty much dead-in-the-water until you find a weapon of any sort. Alright, so you may be wondering, what's the problem here?

My answer is there isn't one.

Early game is pretty much as balanced as it's going to get. You take anything more away from the players, and they're pretty much going to die from tripping on sand. You give them anything else, they're going to accelerate in the 'ranks' of the game too quickly.

So what does this have to do with the end game, you might ask? Well, it deals primarily with one complaint that I've seen becoming fairly common recently:

The zombies are too easy.

This is both true and false. They are much too easy by the end game because they don't scale with the player's equipment. (And yes, I'm comparing this to an MMORPG. But it does make sense.) So when you've got that weapon that one-shot a zombie, you might feel like the zombies are simply a nuance. However, getting back on the beach, you'll find that you're actually going to have to use your mind to survive, rather than just brute force. So while the zombies might be too easy for you, they're just right for beginning players.

So is there an easy solution to this? Hell, I can't find one. Crank up the difficulty, and early game is going to become Demon-Soul-tier hard, where players will be dying dozens of times from little follies in the system before they even see a tin can. Give players some form of defense at this point, and you've suddenly reintroduced rampant griefing from Macaroni-knights.

Now then, let's stop focusing on the NPC variant of enemy and focus more on the PC variant.

Why is PvP important to this argument?

Because until there is a change that causes any due hardship to high-tier'd players, PvP is the only thing that's going to get them any enjoyment. Sure, they could do silly things like running through Cherno with a flare in-hand to lead a parade of zeds, but is that really what we want people to be doing when they get bored of killing the zeds? From this point, they turn to PvP to play the high-stakes game.

So to the people that want to hinder PvP (by punishing bandits or altogether removing it) what do you expect these people to be doing once they have their high-tier gear? Waste that valuable, precious ammo on shambling corpses when they could just as easily just use a .45 round from their M1911, which is much more readily available?

To be honest, as I'm typing this, I'm getting to think how PvP and non-PvP servers aren't a bad idea. I mean, it's extremely obvious that they would be rampantly exploited, so that's why I'm not going to pitch it or support it at all. But if an early player could at least get a hold of a weapon without the fear of being trolled while defenseless, I could see why non-PvP servers would be fine. Of course, people would just farm the fuck out of them, and there's no fun in that without the danger, so again, that's why I'm against them.

But this is pretty much why the current state of zombies and PvP need to remain where they are. Sure, there are some tweaks that could be put in here and there, but their current states are what maintain the balance.

TL;DR:

Can't make zombies harder or else spawnees are fucked, can't make PvP harder or else high-tier quips are useless.

Now then, with that out of the way, I have one question to pose:

Since the biggest problem with keeping the balance is making sure that the end-game players don't completely fuck with the spawnees, how do we build a barrier that 'forces' (or rather, coerces) end-game players to stay up north and away from the spawn points?

This would clear up a lot of the balance issues between the two forces, as enemies would pretty much be on level playing fields, with spawnees having to fight with other spawnees, while those with sniper rifles and NVGs would have a fighting chance against each other up north.

My thoughts are some form of reward for being up north, so while people could still be bad-ass snipers in Cherno against newbs, they'd be missing out on a chunk of the game. The current problem is that once you head north and get your gear, there's no reason for you to not head back down south, so the north pretty much becomes obsolete by end-game.

ADDENDUM

1: With the release of 1.7.2, zombies have dramatically shifted to a danger for everyone. While I can see this possibly appealing to those with high-tier'd weapons, I still think this does nothing but hurt the chances of spawnees as is. I definitely don't embrace the idea of utilizing crawl as our main form of transportation, but if rocket feels that's the direction the mod should be going, that's his choice.

Edited by KWilt

" (And yes, I'm comparing this to an MMORPG. "

At that point i stopped reading.

Yes this is a FPS game with a RPG element but its not even close to the concept of a mmorpg.

You seem to mis the point what the game is about, go right ahead with your very rare gun and kick ass equipment and 1shot some zombies.

Those bandits and about to be bandits would love to find you and loot your corpse, basicly the better equipment you got the more enemys you got, even the people you think are friends.

" (And yes' date=' I'm comparing this to an MMORPG. "

Yes this is a FPS game with a RPG element but its not even close to the concept of a mmorpg.

You seem to mis the point what the game is about, go right ahead with your very rare gun and kick ass equipment and 1shot some zombies.

Those bandits and about to be bandits would love to find you and loot your corpse, basicly the better equipment you got the more enemys you got, even the people you think are friends.

[/quote']

Well, glad you read the thread and understood the concept at all.

To be honest, though, someone prove to me that the gear isn't tiered. If you can, then this whole thread is nil.

All you need now is an M1911 or a revolver and zombies are no longer a threat.

Zombies outside of building are overpowered

Zombies inside of building are underpowered

And Non-PVP servers are just dumb. Completely ruins the point of this mod. People will farm gear on Non-PVP server so they can hop on a PVP server and kill each other.

Just like Runescape.

I can imagine 20 or 30 players on a Non-PVP server all standing next to each other in the NW airfield looking at the loot pile waiting for it to spawn so they can grab a weapon.

All you need now is an M1911 or a revolver and zombies are no longer a threat.

And until you find one (which relies entirely on RNG) the zombies are OP in regards to DPS ratios. Which is exactly what I said.

Zombies outside of building are overpowered

Zombies inside of building are underpowered

That's a planned change' date=' I've heard. So the point there is moot.

[hr']

And Non-PVP servers are just dumb. Completely ruins the point of this mod. People will farm gear on Non-PVP server so they can hop on a PVP server and kill each other.

Just like Runescape.

Which is... exactly what I said in the OP?

I can imagine 20 or 30 players on a Non-PVP server all standing next to each other in the NW airfield looking at the loot pile waiting for it to spawn so they can grab a weapon.

See above.

I am not refuting any of your points. In matter of fact I agree with you. I just wanted to stress on the Non-PVP server idea.

But personally I am all for buffing the zombies and buffing the starting gear a little bit. I don't care if it will be hard for fresh spawn, it should be that way tbh.

Rifles should be a viable choice to fight hordes of zombies, not just your M1911.

IMO

-Zombies don't die from pistol fire to the body. The only way to kill a zombie with a pistol would be to shoot his head.

-Rifles and other high calibers will kill a zombie with 2-3 shots to the body and 1 to the head.

But personally I am all for buffing the zombies and buffing the starting gear a little bit. I don't care if it will be hard for fresh spawn' date=' it should be that way tbh.

Rifles should be a viable choice to fight hordes of zombies, not just your M1911.

IMO

-Zombies don't die from pistol fire to the body. The only way to kill a zombie with a pistol would be to shoot his head.

-Rifles and other high calibers will kill a zombie with 2-3 shots to the body and 1 to the head.

[/quote']

The problem with buffing starting items is that you can't go too far with it. I think a hatchet would be perfect, but that might be a little imbalanced. (Granted, the things aren't too rare if we're finding 20 of them in barns, but...) Gun would just lead to Macaroni-knights like we had before.

I honestly would like to see some buff to zombies in strength, but we're going to need a redux in speed then. It's just that right now, for a spawnee, it is impossible to play. And by this, I mean a fresh spawnee, not someone who even has a pistol (and maybe even an axe if those things ever want to start being accurate). Their choices are sneak, run, or die. Granted, weapons aren't too hard to come by, but again, it's all reliant on RNGs. I've gone three hours in-game before without seeing a single gun, which while can be fun, you're pretty much stuck on the coast with my idea of coercing high-tier'd players up north.

Also, on your suggestions, until zombies are more stable, headshots really aren't viable if you've spooked them. This just further pushes the (near-)'impossible' up into higher tiers, which I think is kinda counter-intuitive again.

" (And yes' date=' I'm comparing this to an MMORPG. "

[/quote']

Well, glad you read the thread and understood the concept at all.

To be honest, though, someone prove to me that the gear isn't tiered. If you can, then this whole thread is nil.

You are the one comparing a FPS game to a mmorpg, so if there is one person that misses the point then its you.

You are the one comparing a FPS game to a mmorpg' date=' so if there is one person that misses the point then its you.[/quote']With 400K players in a central database, you can't argue that it's NOT an massively-multiplayer-online game.

Yes it's a FPS (or TPS) too, and yes it's a role-playing game as well (in the broad definition of role-play, not the narrow genre of "games with XP allocation"). It's also a survival-horror game... so that makes it a MMOFPSRPGSH...

You may choose to role-play a very thin character profile and play it the same as you would any other FPS, but that doesn't change the fact that it's an RPG.

I was thinking about when you get 4 people working together zombies ( and other players to an extent i.e lone wolfes ) are less of a problem. I was thinking a way to make it harder for groups and to bring more moments is when you get 2 people together it spawns twice as many zombies (i.e within a certain radius of each other, so 2 lone wolfs in cherno might not cause a change of spawn ratio) , 3 = 3times so if you are at a busy location ie cherno or nw airport. If you are with 2 friends and against another group of 3 you would end up with alot of Zombies you have to decide when to shoot or not. This might also stop some of the PK in cherno etc if you have alot more zombies close by, someone might not just shoot you if they risk 20+ zombies coming towards them. Also less work than trying to find another way to ramp up the difficulty for a player with all the loot an beans

when zeds are are real threat and resources are really hard to get to, pvp will be down to minimum. pvp is only interesting, because after a certain (gear) point there isn't really anything else to do.

...and of course this is an alpha, which is why we shouldn't expect it be more than it is. i'll just wait and see how it turns out and jump in every other patch or so. maybe even do a bug report once in a while.

PvP Server: As they are now

PvE Server: NPC Bandits, a lot more infected, lowered spawnrates for simple weapons, even lower spawnrates for military grade loot... you "could" still find a .50 cal sniper on this kind of server, it's just very unlikely

You want the good weapons and want the thread of real Player opponents? You have to play PvP... but if you want to play with your friends RPG style you can play PvE which will still be a challenge due to more infected and NPC bandits

I think this would actually work... or just plain and simple seperate PvP characters from PvE characters...

This game wants to be a loot game as we are all agreeing right?? Its a game where you try to find better loot,even killing other players to get it.People are starting to realize this and coming on to the forums and making post after post about what to do once fully geared(should be one post stickied).

Now if this is "end game" stuff,then why is the game so easy to allow this.I think focus was lost by Rocket somewhere.So what is the cure?Well think about human nature.We want what we cant have...plain and simple.We get things and a little while later we are bored.How many here have gotten that hot chick with the ass that wont quit and a yr later we are looking at other females.Its human nature and since this game is striving to elicit human feelings then why does it remove the main driving force of us humans.Just think,if you have a player suddenly spring onto the forums saying he found a sniper rifle and other people were like"wow you lucky bastard".Just that thought is drive to humans and that is where I think the game needs to go.Make the game really hard to where it takes days to just find a good rifle. ;( Remove the NWAF as the main military drops site and make heli drops rarer and the only way to get any kind of military drop.Maybe keep NWAF as ammo only drops so that if you do have a rifle you will find ammo there and a good amount.Actually thats not good either.If you find an M16 then it spawns with 6 clips.Once you use up all the mags then find another weapon. :)

Keep most players running around with enfields and makarovs with little ammo for them,struggling to stay alive and with the drive of maybe finding a better weapon.

Its depressing to see "I found today posts" that show people getting an arsenal in one day.

Change few low-mid size towns to "safe zones" where you cant PvP and beginners can roam getting some very basic loot like makarovs, food and drinks. To make it bit more interesting you could add a bit more zombies to that area. That way beginners would only have to worry about zeds, get something to get rid of them and then exit to other towns to get better loot.

I doubt these safe zones would have bandits right next to it waiting for them, since they wouldnt even have any worthwhile loot.

I still think this isnt needed. start is hard, only one pistol would make it alot easier since you cant enter houses with loot because there is always zeds. Most of the times if you get killed by bandit its because you are in way too big town, alone, and cant move carefully.

when zeds are are real threat and resources are really hard to get to' date=' pvp will be down to minimum. pvp is only interesting, because after a certain (gear) point there isn't really anything else to do.

[/quote']

See, the problem is, as I said, the game is already impossible for a new spawnee, though. If we ramp up the difficulty of the zombies and decrease resources become even harder to find, it'll make the early game even more of a living hell than it is now.

I'll honestly say that when the zed's senses were as high as they were, I contemplating just giving up the game for a while. With the current LOS mechanics (where you can be heard and have the zombies pinpoint your exact position accurately) it's pretty damn hard to lose zeds unless you hit a city. But in order to do that, you risk attracting even more zeds. And if rocket removes the slow-walk indoors, then this plan goes all to hell, and the LOS mechanic would need a serious buff in favor of the player.

I think this would actually work... or just plain and simple seperate PvP characters from PvE characters...

I actually contemplating throwing this idea at the wall' date=' and that might actually work.

Although, how the NPC bandits would work, we'd have to find out. I don't think very well at all, to be honest with you.

Either way, though, locking the characters to a certain type of server would be an excellent idea. Not sure how much of a payload that would cause on the HIVE servers at the current, though, but if there is that 'single player' release of DayZ in the future, I can see this being a great route to go down.

[hr']

Its depressing to see "I found today posts" that show people getting an arsenal in one day.

Well' date=' that's where the artificial 'barrier' between the north and the south starts. Newbies are gladly allowed to head north and arsenal up in less than 12 hours if they want to risk it. That's why they head up there at all.

If we remove the barracks at NW and make heli spawns that much more rare, it's not going to do anything, to be honest, except kill the drive for those high-tier players to stay up north.

What I'd like to see is some form of enjoying incentive for these players to stay away from the beaches. Maybe it's harder zombies, maybe it's something entirely different. But we definitely need to find something that keeps the high-tier holders up north, rather than heading down south against opponents who don't have the means to defend themselves.

Granted, I'm not saying that the dick PKer can't just go troll the beaches if they want to. But they're going to miss out on some of the game if they're just sitting in those bushes north of Cherno, rather than in those bushes north of Stary or the airfield.

[hr']

Change few low-mid size towns to "safe zones" where you cant PvP and beginners can roam getting some very basic loot like makarovs' date=' food and drinks. To make it bit more interesting you could add a bit more zombies to that area. That way beginners would only have to worry about zeds, get something to get rid of them and then exit to other towns to get better loot.

I doubt these safe zones would have bandits right next to it waiting for them, since they wouldnt even have any worthwhile loot.

I still think this isnt needed. start is hard, only one pistol would make it alot easier since you cant enter houses with loot because there is always zeds. Most of the times if you get killed by bandit its because you are in way too big town, alone, and cant move carefully.

[/quote']

Don't like the PvP-less town ideas at all, to be honest with you. The only people setting up safe zones should be groups of survivors, not the computer. (My biggest hope is the possibility of serious base-building in the very late game around final launch.)

And that's the thing, though. These aren't the things that are needed. I'm not asking for the early game players to have it any easier. They've already got a good possibility of survival as is. Granted, it's still impossible for a spawnee to survive, but that's their problem by staying a spawnee and not actually employing stealth and tactics to find those supplies. (Granted, RNGs can be a bitch, but they'll be fine if they die a time or two.)

What I'm realistically looking for, though, is a way to foster to the high-tier'd characters, rather than the spawnees. They really don't have anything going for them once they've got all of the 'good stuff' besides killing players. And where's the best place to kill players? Why, down on the beach when they don't have anything worthwhile. I want to give them an incentive to leave the beaches behind forever once they've gotten that M107 or that L85A2. I want them to fight people that can actually handle being shot at by them, rather than people whose only option is to run, with no possibility of returning fire with that M1911 versus their DMR.

But the things is, I don't want to eliminate that want to troll people on the beach. If people want to seriously waste their time and ammo on sand-kiddies, let them have at it. But there needs to be a penalty, like a loss of possibility at end-game content, if they seriously want to stick to that all their game-life.

i find that the zombies speed crossed with there sight makes for a hard/impossible get away for a beginner.

when i first played i ran away from 1 zombie for a long time before dieing from not food or water. its said that leaving there line of sight gives you a chance for a getaway, however when you run into a building and out round the back and sneak off before the zombie is even out the building its will find you and kill you.

i dont feel that zombies should be a consern for players, the typical zombie is slow can see or hear properly, and getting away is an easy task.

but in this game they are slightly more buffed that that. it does give the player a challange and makes them think more about the moves they make, but i feel that trying to escape is just a little to hard.

many beginners when faced with a angry zombie they just except fate and respawn, and that kills the game slightly. the main weapon you get against zombies is guns, however when used brings more over.

take what you want from this, not sure what message im trying to get across here.

i find that the zombies speed crossed with there sight makes for a hard/impossible get away for a beginner.

when i first played i ran away from 1 zombie for a long time before dieing from not food or water. its said that leaving there line of sight gives you a chance for a getaway' date=' however when you run into a building and out round the back and sneak off before the zombie is even out the building its will find you and kill you.

i dont feel that zombies should be a consern for players, the typical zombie is slow can see or hear properly, and getting away is an easy task.

but in this game they are slightly more buffed that that. it does give the player a challange and makes them think more about the moves they make, but i feel that trying to escape is just a little to hard.

many beginners when faced with a angry zombie they just except fate and respawn, and that kills the game slightly. the main weapon you get against zombies is guns, however when used brings more over.

take what you want from this, not sure what message im trying to get across here.

[/quote']

From my personal experience (as mentioned above) it's damn near impossible to lose zeds without a building. In the forest, trees do nothing. Once you get a tree between you and a zed, it will lose LOS. However, unless you stop dead and roll away, you will be heard fleeing from the other side of the tree, and the chase will continue again, with the zombie quickly back on your tail.

I can honestly attest to the fact that I had a zed follow me from Kozlovka all the way up to near Vybor, 4km, before my friend wasted it so it would stop making the annoying sounds they make. (Granted, they're not really that annoying, but when you've heard it, nonstop, for 4km of travel, it gets pretty annoying, pretty fast.) I weaved between trees, through bushes, around fences, everything. And I still couldn't lose the little fucker because he always heard me while I was making ground on him.

That buff aside, I still think the zombies are fine as-is for a beginner. Their sense might, might still need some nerfing (but only a teenie-tiny bit) if rocket feels it's alright. But as is, I've been able to make it in and out of plenty of towns using crawling. Not the fastest form, and definitely the most tedious form, but when you have two zeds crossing about 10m from you, and you hope one of them doesn't suddenly start walking towards you, your heart starts to pound. And maybe it's because I have a weapon and I'm not quite as afraid, but I love those moments.

Sure' date=' they could do silly things like running through Cherno with a flare in-hand to lead a parade of zeds, but is that really what we want people to be doing when they get bored of killing the zeds?

[/quote']

But....but...this is the best part of the game for me :)

Also, I agree that zombies should be stronger or more difficult (or infected, whatever you want to call them). Right now they are a nuisance - and that is coming from a player who DOES NOT CARE about high-end loot and weapons. I have only ever gotten to what I think most would consider "mid-game"....because all you really need is a pistol and an axe, maybe a rifle or shotgun.

Lately, I have been trolling the big cities with flares at night creating infected/zombie parades hoping to run into other players (yea, I admit it, so sue me). I mention this because I don't agree that it's difficult to lose zombies. Often times I will be extremely frustrated because I'll sprint/run through Elektro and by the time I'm at the church I look behind me to see NO ONE IS CHASING ME :( At the outskirts of town I easily aggro 12-20 (depending on luck) but as I run through the town (not being particularly evasive; just using the fastest route) I end up losing most, if not all of them. I'll only run into the train station to hope to pick up flares or glowsticks.

And even when I start a new character to try and play "seriously", it isn't that hard to lose zombies/infected in the city - but that's my opinion.

I was thinking about when you get 4 people working together zombies ( and other players to an extent i.e lone wolfes ) are less of a problem. I was thinking a way to make it harder for groups and to bring more moments is when you get 2 people together it spawns twice as many zombies (i.e within a certain radius of each other' date=' so 2 lone wolfs in cherno might not cause a change of spawn ratio) , 3 = 3times so if you are at a busy location ie cherno or nw airport. If you are with 2 friends and against another group of 3 you would end up with alot of Zombies you have to decide when to shoot or not. This might also stop some of the PK in cherno etc if you have alot more zombies close by, someone might not just shoot you if they risk 20+ zombies coming towards them. Also less work than trying to find another way to ramp up the difficulty for a player with all the loot an beans

[/quote']

This is not that bad of an idea.. The more people in an area, the more zeds spawn.

You are the one comparing a FPS game to a mmorpg' date=' so if there is one person that misses the point then its you.[/quote']With 400K players in a central database, you can't argue that it's NOT an massively-multiplayer-online game.

Yes it's a FPS (or TPS) too, and yes it's a role-playing game as well (in the broad definition of role-play, not the narrow genre of "games with XP allocation"). It's also a survival-horror game... so that makes it a MMOFPSRPGSH...

You may choose to role-play a very thin character profile and play it the same as you would any other FPS, but that doesn't change the fact that it's an RPG.

You can also roleplay in a strategy game or role play in a fps game.

That doesnt make them a roleplaying game.

A mmorpg consists of many features that arent in a fps game like this, that is what makes one game a mmorpg and the other a fps game.

Well' date=' that's where the artificial 'barrier' between the north and the south starts. Newbies are gladly allowed to head north and arsenal up in less than 12 hours if they want to risk it. That's why they head up there at all.

If we remove the barracks at NW and make heli spawns that much more rare, it's not going to do anything, to be honest, except kill the drive for those high-tier players to stay up north.

What I'd like to see is some form of enjoying incentive for these players to stay away from the beaches. Maybe it's harder zombies, maybe it's something entirely different. But we definitely need to find something that keeps the high-tier holders up north, rather than heading down south against opponents who don't have the means to defend themselves.

Granted, I'm not saying that the dick PKer can't just go troll the beaches if they want to. But they're going to miss out on some of the game if they're just sitting in those bushes north of Cherno, rather than in those bushes north of Stary or the airfield.

[/quote']

My point is still getting lost.If you remove that end game feel by making everything much much rarer then the high gear players will not be thinking"ok,maybe its time to head down south to snipe noobs" but instead everyone is still trying to survive.Making it harder to survive and finally find excellent gear will in a way stop the bandits from sniping all day since they will be scavenging like the rest of us.And it will make them actual real bandits out to survive by killing players instead of being a bandit who likes to grief players.;)

The name of the game is DayZ.....how many can you survive?

We need way more Zombles, make em much harder (e.g like 10 shots to the chest) to kill but decrease their Speed, hate those fast "Infected", cause they ain't the Zombies I grew up with :)

I want dem oldschool, slow-as-f*ck Zombles from Resident Evil.

Can't see how "DeadPeople" can run as fast as they do now, they look pretty dead to me.

Oh well, I'll have trust in Rocket, he'll manage to balance it all out.

:angel:

You can also roleplay in a strategy game or role play in a fps game.

That doesnt make them a roleplaying game.

A mmorpg consists of many features that arent in a fps game like this' date=' that is what makes one game a mmorpg and the other a fps game.

[/quote']

Again, if you can disprove that the weapons are tier'd in this game, then I'll gladly drop the MMORPG comparison and the whole idea of end-game altogether.

We need way more Zombles' date=' make em much harder (e.g like 10 shots to the chest) to kill but decrease their Speed, hate those fast "Infected", cause they ain't the Zombies I grew up with :)

I want dem oldschool, slow-as-f*ck Zombles from Resident Evil.

Can't see how "DeadPeople" can run as fast as they do now, they look pretty dead to me.

Oh well, I'll have trust in Rocket, he'll manage to balance it all out.

:angel:

[/quote']

The problem with this analogy is that these aren't the zombies you grew up with. These aren't the Romero zombies of days old, and that's why that idea would never work. Granted, it's a nice thought, but that's not the enemy that rocket is look for.

Though, I would like to see some speed redux. You simply can't outrun them as is right now, and if there's no defense for spawnees and the botch a raid, they're better off just respawning.

My point is still getting lost.If you remove that end game feel by making everything much much rarer then the high gear players will not be thinking"ok' date='maybe its time to head down south to snipe noobs" but instead everyone is still trying to survive.Making it harder to survive and finally find excellent gear will in a way stop the bandits from sniping all day since they will be scavenging like the rest of us.And it will make them actual real bandits out to survive by killing players instead of being a bandit who likes to grief players.;)

The name of the game is DayZ.....how many can you survive?

[/quote']

Well, in this case, it still solves nothing, and just widens the gap between those with high-tier loot and those with mid/low/spawnee loot. Granted, sustaining ammunition might be a problem, but they're even more powerful in this case.

And it still doesn't incentivize staying in the north, which is the main problem I'm looking to solve in this thread. They only have to make rounds when their ammo is low, but otherwise, they're still sitting pretty as is.

Tier'd weapons? really ?

In this game where picking up weapons is pretty much as RNG it can get ?

Oh btw Battlefield 3 also has upgrades in weapons and has levels, so battlefield 3 is a mmorpg ?

Tier'd weapons? really ?

In this game where picking up weapons is pretty much as RNG it can get ?

Are some weapons stronger than others' date=' with no apparent drawback?

Can you answer the question, or not?

And RNGs aren't any less prevalent in MMORPGs, outside of questing, so I don't see what point your trying to make there.

Oh btw Battlefield 3 also has upgrades in weapons and has levels, so battlefield 3 is a mmorpg ?

Well, technically, it's not an MMO. But it is an RPG. Classes, levels, experience, equipment slots. That sounds like Final Fantasy if I've ever heard of it. Hell, it's more of an RPG than DayZ is. But BF3 has nothing to do with this argument. So I don't see why you're trying to sidetrack.