HieroglyphicMonk

DayZ is a tech demo not a game

The biggest problem with DayZ is it’s a complete mess and there is no order to the game. People can log off where ever they want even in the middle of combat. There are cheaters all over the community and they constantly make excuses on why they aren’t cheaters. This game doesn’t even give you stats on anything whether it’s K:D or how long your characters been alive.

Why are we getting another map instead of making this an actual game instead of a bug infested tech demo with cheaters?

• Beans 2

Posted (edited)

Stats are available even in vanilla - its your fault for not seeing them. Admins can also gather that data and make it public - its their choice. People can log off because they're people. That makes this game more "realistic" (hate the term...). And cheaters... Yeah, this slime is a problem. Its not grave-level problem, but it happens and needs additional care.

Edited by nemorus

1 hour ago, nemorus said:

Stats are available even in vanilla -

Alot of the time they are someone elses stats on the server, its like a 30% chance that you get your stats.

• Beans 1

Posted (edited)

And you should punish people for combat logging… Getting a loss in a pvp match is a punishment… So yes they are people who don’t have time they shouldnt be playing like any other pvp game. (That’s why I’m calling it a tech demo and not a game. Tarkov has areas where you log off and it doesn’t just let you log off anywhere because it’s an actual game people play it more.

This game has no structure.

Edited by HieroglyphicMonk
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, HieroglyphicMonk said:

And you should punish people for combat logging… Getting a loss in a pvp match is a punishment… So yes they are people who don’t have time they shouldnt be playing like any other pvp game. (That’s why I’m calling it a tech demo and not a game. Tarkov has areas where you log off and it doesn’t just let you log off anywhere because it’s an actual game people play it more.

This game has no structure.

Sorry I guess you didn't understood, it's DayZ and it's not the Tarkov, Barkov, Bluarkov and etc.

And yeah people has their own real live's I guess that's why thay can leave the game met with friends and do whatever they prefer. Man it's not the Matrix, wake up Neo, stop drinking and see the reality, pills will not save you...

Yes you're right the game has no structure because everyone is creating their own structure, understanding and playing style, and if you not agreed with that okay no one actually holding you in the game/server/life/or on that forum. Please be wise, because there's too much folks with pink glasses on that planet. Don't be so hateful to them and don't try to apply your understanding of the game to everyone that's quite bad and destructive approach.

So to be honest: relax, be wise and don't think that only your's point and understanding of the world is right. One Austrian artist made such amazing mistake in 1930th... It was ended in 30 April of 1945...

I'm about to offend you I just wish to give you a little smarter understanding of humanity and reality where are we all leaving each day and each second.

With my regards.

On 5/12/2024 at 3:10 PM, Sid Debian said:

Sorry I guess you didn't understood, it's DayZ and it's not the Tarkov, Barkov, Bluarkov and etc.

And yeah people has their own real live's I guess that's why thay can leave the game met with friends and do whatever they prefer. Man it's not the Matrix, wake up Neo, stop drinking and see the reality, pills will not save you...

Yes you're right the game has no structure because everyone is creating their own structure, understanding and playing style, and if you not agreed with that okay no one actually holding you in the game/server/life/or on that forum. Please be wise, because there's too much folks with pink glasses on that planet. Don't be so hateful to them and don't try to apply your understanding of the game to everyone that's quite bad and destructive approach.

So to be honest: relax, be wise and don't think that only your's point and understanding of the world is right. One Austrian artist made such amazing mistake in 1930th... It was ended in 30 April of 1945...

I'm about to offend you I just wish to give you a little smarter understanding of humanity and reality where are we all leaving each day and each second.

With my regards.

You’re basically typing a whole bunch of nothing… 

Like I said it’s a tech demo not a game… It will never grow to the heights of Tarkov because it refuses to actually put structure in the game.

why would I care if you don’t have time to play a game? That sounds really stupid go play a single player game where you do have time.

It sounds like you like to log in to a place quickly loot and sign out which is lame you’re not even playing the game at that point. If you’re playing this game for 30min at a time are you really playing it?

• Haha 1

Heights of Tarkov? Really? Tarkov is Tarkov, DayZ is DayZ - these games are completely different. In DayZ you can do a ton of miscellaneous things other than loot & shoot. And Tarkov is no more than extraction shooter. You go, kill, loot and maybe escape. It's all this game is. It was supposed to be different long time ago, but its not. People are the backbone of sandboxes like DayZ. They're making their gameplay, whataver they want. I've even seen DayZ converted into karaoke lounge for pete's sake. End of story.

Posted (edited)

This buddy was limited by the regular game framework... He believes that all games must have a purpose. Players must have a clear game goal and need game developers to design a plot line for him before he can play. However, such games are like work and make people physically and mentally exhausted.

Edited by DcrClub

On 5/12/2024 at 6:53 AM, HieroglyphicMonk said:

The biggest problem with DayZ is it’s a complete mess and there is no order to the game. People can log off where ever they want even in the middle of combat. There are cheaters all over the community and they constantly make excuses on why they aren’t cheaters. This game doesn’t even give you stats on anything whether it’s K:D or how long your characters been alive.

Why are we getting another map instead of making this an actual game instead of a bug infested tech demo with cheaters?

It's like a centuries old painting where they get new artists every year to doodle on it.

• Haha 1

On 5/12/2024 at 1:53 PM, HieroglyphicMonk said:

They want / need more money to keep improving the game.

They chose to get more money by making a pay to play map.

• Beans 1

On 5/17/2024 at 4:33 AM, HieroglyphicMonk said:

heights of Tarkov

lol
tarkov is just a shooter.
dayz is a survival game.
i hate this players who playing dayz like cs/bf/cod/etc.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 5/17/2024 at 3:33 AM, HieroglyphicMonk said:

You’re basically typing a whole bunch of nothing… 

Like I said it’s a tech demo not a game… It will never grow to the heights of Tarkov because it refuses to actually put structure in the game.

why would I care if you don’t have time to play a game? That sounds really stupid go play a single player game where you do have time.

It sounds like you like to log in to a place quickly loot and sign out which is lame you’re not even playing the game at that point. If you’re playing this game for 30min at a time are you really playing it?

Bruh go play tarkov,dont stay here💀

On 8/3/2024 at 11:08 PM, anatolyshmell said:

lol
tarkov is just a shooter.
dayz is a survival game.
i hate this players who playing dayz like cs/bf/cod/etc.

Survival game against cheaters. Are the developers really so stupid or is it really impossible to detect and ban cheaters for ever? This game should be renamed "Who is the best cheater" Why do developers of hacks feel so secure and create entire websites with hack offers? Sometimes I think the developers of the game are the hack developers themselves, because you can make more money with them than with the actual game.

DayZ is a Survival Sandbox game. There are specific servers that let you do PvP and nothing but. There are those where you can wander for days and not see another soul.

What other game is quite like it? Nothing I've seen. I don't want structure, I want chaos. Sometimes it's quiet in Chernarus. Sometimes you end up dead. It's when you let your guard down it happens.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1