Kyiara

DayZ Frostline Expansion & FaQ

Your most chilling adventure is coming to DayZ in autumn 2024!
We’re talking about Frostline – a new expansion for DayZ that’s going to transform your survival experience.
Frostline will offer players tons of new content, including over 80 km² of wilderness in Sakhal’s icy archipelago.
From thick forests to frozen lakes, this winter wonderland is full of danger and adventure, and will push every Survivor’s skills to their limits.
You definitely don’t want to miss this exciting new expansion, so gear up for these amazing new challenges by
wishlisting Frostline on Steam today!

FaQ

Spoiler
  • When will Frostline be released?
    The release of Frostline is set for Q4 2024, paired with our game update 1.26.

• Will it be on consoles?
    Yes, it will be available on all platforms: PC, Xbox and PlayStation.

• What is the price of the new DayZ DLC?
    There is no definitive answer for this currently, but it should be less than $30

• DayZ 2 When?
    As of now, we have no plans for a DayZ sequel. Our team is dedicated to refining, evolving, and adding depth to the current DayZ experience.

• Pre orders or early access?
    There are currently no plans for pre-orders or early access.

• Will there be a special bundle offer for purchasing the new DLC alongside the base game?
    Yes.

• Where is the Frostline DLC set in? 
    It is set in a rugged and forgotten volcanic archipelago in the far east, named Sakhal. 

• How large is Sakhal, and how does it compare to the original map?
    Encompassing 83 km² of land, excluding the water surrounding the island, this is the most compact map our team has developed. Nonetheless, it aims to offer increased level of interaction, intriguing point of interests, and gameplay mechanics that necessitate a more cautious pace of movement to contend with the challenging climate.

• Is Sakhal ported from Arma 3 Tanoa? Why?
    Yes. Developing a brand-new landscape is a time-intensive process. By having the general landscape features—such as islands and hills—already defined, we were able to allocate our attention to refining other environmental elements within the given timeline. This approach ensured that the end product would be a unique map, with no compromise on detail or quality.

• How is this DLC deviate from the base game? 
    The gameplay is designed to be a more severe and critical iteration of DayZ, featuring complex mechanics that not only present substantial challenges but also offer a fresh experience to keep even veteran players engaged.

• Is Sakhal based on a real life location, much like all other official maps in DayZ? 
    Unlike previous official maps, Sakhal isn't based on a single real-life location; however, it is heavily inspired by the Kamchatka Peninsula in the easternmost part of Russia.

• How does the DLC integrate with the existing DayZ world? Is it a seamless transition? How does the Frostline enhance the storytelling or lore of the DayZ universe?
    As opposed to its mainland counterparts, Chernarus and Livonia, Sakhal was rumored to be a safe haven, thanks to its isolation in the Far East and disconnection from the wider world. Enticed by its status as a refuge, survivors who arrived on the island were tragically uninformed about the true nature of Sakhal, a forgotten archipelago with ice in its vein and fire in its heart.  Far from being a sanctuary, the island presented a perilous journey that was more dangerous than any they had endured before.

• Will the DLC include new assets, items?
    Players can look forward to an array of winter cosmetics designed to combat the cold, as well as diverse wilderness environments peppered with a variety of wildlife. The map will also enrich the DayZ experience with new buildings, distinct areas, and intriguing points of interest that are in harmony with the overall theme.

• Are there any plans for DLC-exclusive events or community challenges?
    No plans for now. But we'd love to collaborate with community for events in the near future on Sakhal. 

• Can we expect any changes or additions to the base game with the DLC?
    There will be no changes to the base game. Chernarus and Livonia will stay the same aside from some minimal changes with 1.26.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Yes, yes, yes - finally something useful. Assets are the biggest thing without a shadow of a doubt. With those all available "winter-mods" will have a chance of evolving into something nice :).

"(...)As of now, we have no plans for a DayZ sequel. Our team is dedicated to refining, evolving, and adding depth to the current DayZ experience(...)" - yeah, sure, right. Its like saying "~we have no money making plans". This game doesn't have any worthwhile competition to this very day; "Scum" - which was supposed to be a rival of some sorts - is more like "Scam" currently with all their promises long forgotten. "DayZ 2" is the only reasonable course of action. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon after that. It's business.

• Beans 1

Where complex mechanics are mentioned, would there be the possibility of new vehicles such as boats?

Posted (edited)

Players who do not own Livonia, You say as a token of your appreciation they will get it free. How about a token of appreciation for the players who did buy Livonia. Will they get Frostline for free or do you not appreciate players who have spent their hard earned cash on your game.

Edited by crackpotchick
spelling and it was still wrong lol
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Looks very COOL so far xD

Will the rabbits come to Chernarus and Livonia too?

Edited by Pyongo Bongo

Dear developers!
Thousands of people wanted to see the harsh, winter map at DayZ. And 4 years ago, a ukrainian developer created the Namalsk map. An excellent map for survival in the harsh conditions of the far north of Russia. However, Namalsk is a very small map. Very small. We have repeatedly asked the Namalsk developer to make the same winter, harsh, but large map. But, the ukrainian developer sent everyone the fuck.

Dear developers. If you make a new Sakha map of the same size as Namalsk, you will be defeated and unsuccessful!!.

Please do not repeat the mistakes of a ukrainian, make a new map as big as Chernorussia!!! 20x20 km!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RadistR said:

Dear developers!
Thousands of people wanted to see the harsh, winter map at DayZ. And 4 years ago, a ukrainian developer created the Namalsk map. An excellent map for survival in the harsh conditions of the far north of Russia. However, Namalsk is a very small map. Very small. We have repeatedly asked the Namalsk developer to make the same winter, harsh, but large map. But, the ukrainian developer sent everyone the fuck.

Dear developers. If you make a new Sakha map of the same size as Namalsk, you will be defeated and unsuccessful!!.

Please do not repeat the mistakes of a ukrainian, make a new map as big as Chernorussia!!! 20x20 km!!

Namalsk developer is Czech and he works for Bohemia Interactive as a Creative Lead.
And there is no such thing as a "chernorussia" its Chernarus. Get your facts up, thats poor quality propaganda.

=========

Regarding the map announcement and what was said/showed so far, I'm totally disappointed. I understand many things, I'm aware a bit how the game development works or how tough and unpleasant is working with DayZ especially, but this announcement is a pure spit into the face. So far I don't think it's game developers' fault, it's Bohemia Interactive and how they treat DayZ fans. My thoughts are in random order, but this is how I see the whole situation:

I like the idea but amount of details disclosed and screenshots screams "money grab from console players". It was under development for 5-6 months (it was mentioned on a presentation for content creators) and there are still 4/5 months of work before it gets released. Bohemia Interactive is not an indie studio, you guys make millions from your games and DayZ is more popular than Arma3 and Reforger combined. I'm totally dissapointed with the results. Of course, you had more chances to monetize Arma's with DLCs. And I'm totally fine with it. You work on a game, continue to support it, etc. DayZ is of course specific, its development was turbulent, probably lot of money was spent before it left Early Acess or before 2020 when BI Bratislava was closed. And you have full right to release a paid DLC, again, I'm totally fine with it. But - you need to show us that we pay for quality, not low effort rushed content. If you don't have enough resources to make a real map with lots of love for details, then earn money in other way. Make it able to buy a soundtrack on Steam, prepare some artbook, release a paid game mode or do something else. But instead you decided to:

1. Announced already that rework of Sakhel is planned once it is released, just like Livonia. This really sounds like a joke to plan rework of a map that was not yet finished and released. 5 months of development, let's say 5 more coming - and you need to plan rework/update after release anyway? How is that fair for those who gonna buy it on release?

2. Arma2 buildings from 2010 for probably 20-30 EUR. Really? I know, there will be few new assets (but zero guarantee that they are not already in other Arma games or Vigor, so you can just import them and tweak) but the buildings people loot are the core thing in this game. Giving different colours for the same layouts or painting fences is not what is expected, especially for paid DLCs. And yes, it takes time and effort to make new assets. But... you hired the modders. Why you can't buy assets from modders or hire those specific ones to do a new set of buildings for new paid map?

3. This is Tanoa reskin from Arma3 DLC released in 2016. Of course you had to edit terrain to suit new locations, replace the buildings, reskin texture mask but come on. You start off with huge advantage, you say that developing new map from ground takes tons of time - and it's true - but then, why do you not focus on assets? You can say "but this is winter, we had to replace enviro assets" and I can say yes, that's true, probably that's why you hired a guy who ALREADY DID WINTER MODS FOR CHERNO AND LIVONIA. Assets are here... even some mods replaced infected skins for winter ones, you haven't.

4. Rain replaced with snow. It was already done by mods, including Namalsk of course. What's the big deal? If I miss something and other people who are negative about Sakhel, show us that it is demanding process, shut our mouths with devlog maybe?

5. Reskin of red deer, reintroduce of rabbit - while mods have cats, dog companions, pig and chicken farming, snakes, rats, crocodiles, mutants from Metro, The Last of Us, Stalker and many other creatures. Was that really time consuming to replace the model?

6. You have mentioned some new disease or diseases related to volcanic ash. When you say something like this, it is probably just one disease. And okay, it is cool. And how is that going to be better than Namalsk with frostbites or all that hardcore experiences made by Syberia Project mod with lots of new negative effects, medicines? Why do you expect people to buy this map while mods offers such variety (ironically we all know Adam created Namalsk and Sakhel looks like a demo of Namalsk, but its paid while Namalsk is free).

7. You have mentioned on a Steam page that fishing will be reworked. Apart from what was shown, maybe there is also a possibility to fish on frozen lakes. And it's cool. But it looks like a typical QoL update for the normal patch, not paid DLC. At least I hope it will work like that on all maps...

8. You want to split the economy a little bit, so Sakhel and Chernarus will have less western weapons and Livonia will have less soviet weapons. Like, really? Instead of adding new weapons, you are going to remove some of them or make much more rare based on maps. That's wild.

9. Last thing that comes to my mind, this map (from what you announced and said so far) will have no mission/goal etc. Its almost 30 EUR for a map that is empty inland with few POIs with less features than FREE mod developed as a HOBBY, not paid product. You already said that you won't even introduce boats, instead there will be ice paths between islands only (boats are in mods available of course, not to mention other BI games).

At first, when I saw the announcement and some videos, I wishlisted this map. But when more details were disclosed and more I thought about this - I'm sad and I deleted it from my wishlist. It's depressing that you want to milk console players this way, only because they do not have mods support.
And of course I do not expect any response to that, why million dollars company would care about some guy on the Internet, but I'm leaving it here for everyone else to read and think twice about this whole situation. If you (moderators) want to delete it, fine, delete it and can call me a hater, just remember that I always supported and defended DayZ for past few years, especially when it was during refactoring phase and I always had hope that this game is going to be great. And it was/is, but the future is dark.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, RadistR said:

Dear developers!

Mate get to the Steam Workshop and find there addon called Taviana Map. Tavi is small map like Namalsk, yes it's not winter, but she is quite small about 25.5 km² and yeah, Chernarus is abou 15km² within water area...

Edited by Sid Debian
  • Confused 1

On 5/11/2024 at 4:32 PM, Kuzyn. said:

Namalsk developer is Czech and he works for Bohemia Interactive as a Creative Lead.
And there is no such thing as a "chernorussia" its Chernarus. Get your facts up, thats poor quality propaganda.

=========

Regarding the map announcement and what was said/showed so far, I'm totally disappointed. I understand many things, I'm aware a bit how the game development works or how tough and unpleasant is working with DayZ especially, but this announcement is a pure spit into the face. So far I don't think it's game developers' fault, it's Bohemia Interactive and how they treat DayZ fans. My thoughts are in random order, but this is how I see the whole situation:

I am sorry to react to your message like that, but from what you wrote, I assume you don't know much about game development... Also, since you assume that modding is pretty much the same.

I really wish everyone thinking how things are easy and how nothing is being done or could be done better/faster/bigger would come to work for BI, so they would actually get to know what a long process everything is. Not even mentioning how hard it is to hire experienced people.

Last but not least, there was an expansion announcement, but with nearly no further info yet. A lot of people know what exactly it will look like or be. It is still in development. Due to that, obviously can't give too many answers, and as always, please, wait for the official announcements. Suggestions are welcome, but rather without assumptions.

And yes, Adam aka Sumrak is Czech and he is working for BI for nearly 13 years...

Ah, and one more thing. It's really not nice to say we're 'milking' anyone by bringing new official map. As you are aware, this game keeps getting updates, and there are no in-game purchases or monthly fees—just a one-time purchase for countless hours of fun. And I believe many people got their money worth. You mentioned you defended DayZ for few years and the game was/is fun. Are you saying your money was not worth it for all those years playing?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Kyiara said:

I am sorry to react to your message like that, but from what you wrote, I assume you don't know much about game development... Also, since you assume that modding is pretty much the same.

I really wish everyone thinking how things are easy and how nothing is being done or could be done better/faster/bigger would come to work for BI, so they would actually get to know what a long process everything is. Not even mentioning how hard it is to hire experienced people.

Where did I wrote that its the same? I of course compared it some announced/disclosed features of this new map to mods, to show the big gap there is between official and modded content, when official is paid and created by professional developers and modded done by enthusiasts in their meantime.
And I'm totally aware that in the industry it's harder/longer to do some stuff - and everything starts with the budget and honestly that's my biggest complaint. As a guy who played the mod on Arma2/Arma2 OA in 2012/2013 and bought the DayZ standalone version in June 2014, I constantly get the feeling that DayZ is unwanted baby for BI. Like this company does the bare minimum to keep the developers working on anything which makes this game stand out more due to its age. And as a result, you get really nice numbers on Steam and consoles by providing this bare minimum. The thing that was shown, the Sakhal, looks like another example of that bare minimum. I guess I need to get over it and realise that for BI it was just an opportunity to make fast money by adopting the mod, but it was turbulent during development and not that easy to cash out, so they had change the plan and continue the slow development with low resources.

Apart from the budget, yeah there is also a whole process of designing and brainstorming before even prototyping some things, you need to coordinate all the departments yeah, yeah, probably huge task for DayZ since it looks like most of the people work on Arma for most of their time and no one is left to fully focus on DayZ. And I don't say that to insult anyone, I don't blame any developer, that's what I see as a customer when we are getting things that are "returning" to the game after X years or we get cosmetic items, sometimes even imported from your other games, not completely new. You are so short on time and budget that you need basically anything that is already done or half done, so it's easier to add it to the game.

Last but not least, there was an expansion announcement, but with nearly no further info yet. A lot of people know what exactly it will look like or be. It is still in development. Due to that, obviously can't give too many answers, and as always, please, wait for the official announcements. Suggestions are welcome, but rather without assumptions.

I based all my info on the presentation made for the content creators that was posted by TRMZ and from your Steam page. Unfortunately for you, you're quite honest when you don't announce many things, because in reality there isn't anything more - which was shown and proved in many past updates. So my assumption is based on the information you provided because I believe that what you say is actually true, especially that it looks like a final description and you want us to wishlist that product 😉

Ah, and one more thing. It's really not nice to say we're 'milking' anyone by bringing new official map. As you are aware, this game keeps getting updates, and there are no in-game purchases or monthly fees—just a one-time purchase for countless hours of fun. And I believe many people got their money worth. You mentioned you defended DayZ for few years and the game was/is fun. Are you saying your money was not worth it for all those years playing?

I can agree it's not a nice way of saying that, but it's also not nice to put console players in a position where they have to buy this DLC even if it lacks a lot and is recycling a lot to have anything more than the bare game or left them without anything.

Regarding your last question, this is really tough topic but not for me, but for you that asks it, especially if you look at the DayZ's past.
I can't answer simple yes or no, I would have to answer both at the same time.

I can say yes, I enjoyed DayZ. Because of the gameplay idea created by a guy who is not working for BI for many years right now...
But of course also because of the developers who delivered this game to "playable enough state" that it got more attention and brought many new players in. On the other hand I started to really enjoy DayZ Standalone only in 2022, due to my friends returning and extensive mod support that this game received, also due to expanding roleplaying servers which are real game changer for DayZ.

And I can say no, it was not worth at the same time. I had to wait 4 years to get product officialy released with less features that were in the game during Early Access and game was still buggy mess. 10 years after EA launch game still does not have things that were in this game in the past and I do not talk about promised things that never saw the day light, because it would be even more devastating to bring all those things up. I talk about things that were in the game. As I mentioned it before, there are still items "returning" to the game with new updates. Many features and mechanics are gone and probably will not come back, some items aswell.
There isn't single game session without bugs in the game and many of them are haunting players for years, they are left on the feedback tracker without any response or simple "we know about that" posted 8 years ago.

I don't know if you remember that but the game had mixed reviews on Steam on its release not without a reason. Sad to say this but almost everyone was sh*ting on the game. 2-4 years after it's release was similar. It really changed not that far ago.
Yes, I said that I defended the DayZ for all that years, because I knew that you can't simply port the survival semi-mmo mod into the game engine suited for military-like simulations and that's simply why I'm so sad with this DLC announcement. I had believe that we will finally get something new and fresh (again, I don't mind paying for that, even if most of the time I had this game it was not fun enough to play) when it comes to the new map. I'm sad that the bare minmum pattern is followed.

And you say that there are no monthly fees or ingames purchases - I don't want to know how would you even imagine that in DayZ taking into consideration it's fragile reputation and gameplay itself - but if you need money to continue the game support and it's hard to hire experienced people, maybe you could reach out map creators that already published their maps, hm? There are some developers/publishers who practise that, they make deals with modders and release DLCs with community created content. I don't see why it couldn't be done here. Maybe that way you would save enough money to release trully refreshing winter DLC map in the future 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Kuzyn.
  • Beans 3

12 hours ago, Kuzyn. said:

🤷‍♂️

1) Yeah, that's not about that. Briefly put, coordination or budget isn't the problem; the challenge lies in assets, coding, time and manpower, which are the hardest parts. DayZ is certainly not the unwanted child - quite the opposite. I won't delve into details here because frankly, you're all mistaken.
2) Yes, based on the limited information provided... Our team is being very honest, and there have been numerous minor updates. This is a major project, and we're not making any promises until the product is finalized. It's as simple as that.
3) Happy you enjoyed it at least the past 2 years. 🙂 Once again, players aren't forced into anything. They can choose to support us by purchasing another product or not. And trust me, it's not just console players. But again, it's not as straightforward as you think.

As a side note, I play a few games where I make monthly or occasional purchases. It's not that I really need them or couldn't live without them, but because I enjoy playing the games and feel that the company and their employees deserve recognition for that. Perhaps this is why I personally struggle to understand a certain mindset, but that's just me.

Let's leave it at this: wait until it's released. If you don't like it and don't want to play it, no one will force you to buy it. And if you do like it - well, GREAT, that is what we are aiming for. However, we'll always do our utmost to keep our players happy (or at least most of them).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kyiara said:

1) Yeah, that's not about that. Briefly put, coordination or budget isn't the problem; the challenge lies in assets, coding, time and manpower, which are the hardest parts. DayZ is certainly not the unwanted child - quite the opposite. I won't delve into details here because frankly, you're all mistaken.

I hope I am, however it will not change the situation. But thank you for replies.

By the way, do I understand it correctly, that right now we will have a break from updates after 1.25 up to the release of Sakhal? And do you plan any experimental phase for 1.26 or its too early to say anything (or will not happen since its DLC)?

Got to be honest, I was a bit disappointed with the announcement as I was confident it was going to be a new title running fully on the Enfusion engine.

But still, really looking forward to the new map and discovering it. But I do hope to see more than just a few new assets/weapons/animals etc..

I mean, this is supposed to be the biggest year since DayZ got the engine change in 2018. So bigger than the Livonia update from 2019 that brought us Livonia, bears, thunder storms, weather impact on characters, fishing and a bunch of more stuff like weapons etc.. At this moment I am not seeing anything more special than the previous DLC gave us. So I am kinda expecting more significant things to be revealed. Maybe ragdolls, AI rework?

We will see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amadieus said:

Got to be honest, I was a bit disappointed with the announcement as I was confident it was going to be a new title running fully on the Enfusion engine.

But still, really looking forward to the new map and discovering it. But I do hope to see more than just a few new assets/weapons/animals etc..

I mean, this is supposed to be the biggest year since DayZ got the engine change in 2018. So bigger than the Livonia update from 2019 that brought us Livonia, bears, thunder storms, weather impact on characters, fishing and a bunch of more stuff like weapons etc.. At this moment I am not seeing anything more special than the previous DLC gave us. So I am kinda expecting more significant things to be revealed. Maybe ragdolls, AI rework?

We will see.

They are running out of things to port over

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, amadieus said:

We will see.

Mate the game is actually on the Enfusion engine, since 1.00 version. Honestly I'm not kidding or something. But since release of Arma Reforger the engine was changed, yes it's still the Enfusion, but more optimized and with new features that adapted for the future Arma 4. I suppose to think that's someday the twicks will get DayZ but I don't really know when...

3 hours ago, Kuzyn. said:

I hope I am, however it will not change the situation. But thank you for replies.

By the way, do I understand it correctly, that right now we will have a break from updates after 1.25 up to the release of Sakhal? And do you plan any experimental phase for 1.26 or its too early to say anything (or will not happen since its DLC)?

There is not really a break as per se. Update 1.25 will be released in less than 2 weeks, and 1.26 Experimental will follow as usual. But yes, currently too early for more details. If you are asking if there will be a Stable Update beside the Expansion, then yes, there will be a regular game update.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

Mate the game is actually on the Enfusion engine, since 1.00 version. Honestly I'm not kidding or something. But since release of Arma Reforger the engine was changed, yes it's still the Enfusion, but more optimized and with new features that adapted for the future Arma 4. I suppose to think that's someday the twicks will get DayZ but I don't really know when...

Not sure how up to date FAQ is but you can read that on DayZ website:

What game engine does DayZ use?

DayZ is powered by a hybrid of the RV engine and the new Enfusion engine, which is currently under development by Bohemia Interactive.

And I think this is correct, since some configs or tools used for DayZ modding are still more RV engine like than Enfusion. There is a quite big difference e.g. in map editing between those two, at least if we talk about tools.

• Beans 1

On 5/14/2024 at 8:15 PM, Sid Debian said:

As Kuyzn already mentioned, but DayZ is on a hybrid engine. A mix of RV and Enfusion. I am not 100% sure which parts are Enfusion and which are RV, but I think the physics, network, player controller are all on Enfusion while the map and the environment is still running on RV. That's why, for example. the indoor lightning effects aren't that good. 

Arma Reforger is the first game that runs fully on Enfusion.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2024 at 12:33 PM, amadieus said:

Over optimistic & too high of expectations in part fueled by content creators,

But for those paying attention to,

"All Bohemia Interactive / Enfusion Social Media Pages"

They weren't talking about Tanoa for no reason or bringing it up to date with Enfusion or having a private Dev playtest of regular Tanoa on DayZ PS4 back in roughly 2018-2019'ish before current console gen release & before Arma Reforger dropped for no reason the breadcrumbs have always been there...

& with how open Bohemia Interactive, Arma & DayZ staff is it is pretty common sense Arma 4 before any future DayZ title,

As others have stated DayZ is a hybrid engine RV and Enfusion, Enfusion is not even finished yet

"being worked on for Arma 4 first",

As I quote Bohemia Interactive:

"Enfusion is the future of Arma & DayZ" from 10 year anniversary videos.

Best believe DayZ brand has a long bright future & Bohemia Interactive not going to forget or let it's cash cow one of greatest success stories "DayZ" just die and have no future.

Patience Young Grasshopper 🫡

Edited by Drift13b88
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Drift13b88 said:

Over optimistic & too high of expectations in part fueled by content creators,

But for those paying attention to,

"All Bohemia Interactive / Enfusion Social Media Pages"

They weren't talking about Tanoa for no reason or bringing it up to date with Enfusion or having a private Dev playtest of regular Tanoa on DayZ PS4 back in roughly 2018-2019'ish before current console gen release & before Arma Reforger dropped for no reason the breadcrumbs have always been there...

& with how open Bohemia Interactive, Arma & DayZ staff is it is pretty common sense Arma 4 before any future DayZ title,

As others have stated DayZ is a hybrid engine RV and Enfusion, Enfusion is not even finished yet

"being worked on for Arma 4 first",

As I quote Bohemia Interactive:

"Enfusion is the future of Arma & DayZ" from 10 year anniversary videos.

Best believe DayZ brand has a long bright future & Bohemia Interactive not going to forget or let it's cash cow one of greatest success stories "DayZ" just die and have no future.

Patience Young Grasshopper 🫡

Not really. With all the information we had and with experiences of the past, a new title in a similar fashion to Reforger was the most logical. Of course the most logical does not always have to be right, as seen in this case.

With that being said, I haven't seen Tanoa brought up at all and since when did it get updated for Enfusion? Now I do not follow every channel related to Bohemia, but I do follow everything DayZ. 

Yeah I was also expecting a new DayZ title only to come after Arma4, but with the trademark thingie (and other reasons) it seemed logical to expect a new title. But now that we know it is ''just'' a DLC, we surely can say for 100% that a new title only comes after the latest Arma game. 

But yeah the future looks bright and I cannot wait to play a new DayZ title on Enfusion in the future. I hope rather sooner than later as DayZ is slowly showing its age.

I can't wait, this is going to be the best map they've made for sure by making it smaller. The amount of interactions and PvP will be insane!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

On 5/17/2024 at 12:12 PM, amadieus said:

With that being said, I haven't seen Tanoa brought up at all and since when did it get updated for Enfusion? Now I do not follow every channel related to Bohemia, but I do follow everything DayZ.

Official Enfusion Engine Twitter

Official Bohemia Interactive Twitter

Both great to follow to keep up on news and work going on behind the scenes, rather then just Official DayZ social media.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Sorry to butt in but surely this add on should be called FrostlineZ.

I’ll get my coat…

frostline 

woe betide me.I must yet pay thee fee for such software , after already endebting my neet self to my father once again.

• Haha 1