Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.25 (Change Log)

PC Experimental 1.25 Update 1 - Version 1.25.156961 (Release on 23.04.2024)

NOTES

• Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.
  • With this update, we have replaced the previously used Experimental branch for the DayZ Tools on Steam with a separate DayZ Experimental Tools app for easier accessibility.

GAME

ADDED

• VS-89 rifle and magazine
  • Support for game crash reporter

FIXED

CHANGED

• Items located inside of nested containers are no longer accessible through the quick bar or the reload key
  • Reworked the sound sets for all shotguns shots
  • Reworked the sound set for the crossbow shots
  • Reworked the sound set for the M79 grenade launcher shots
  • Adjusted the attenuation of character action sounds
  • Reworked character reconciliation between client and server
  • Updated the game credits
  • Reduced the width of the weapon collection triggers to allow more natural behaviour of the weapon lifting
  • Removed promotional Livonia DLC highlighting

SERVER

• Added: Server config parameter 'networkObjectBatchUseEstimatedBandwidth' to switch between the method of replication limiter. Enabled means it will use an estimated bandwidth sent and disabled means it will use the true bandwidth (recommended disabled)
  • Added: Server config parameter 'networkObjectBatchUseDynamicMaximumBandwidth' to choose if the bandwidth limit should be a percentage of the maximum bandwidth or an absolute value. The maximum bandwidth can fluctuate depending on network quality
  • Added: Server config parameter 'networkObjectBatchBandwidthLimit', if above is enabled, the range is (0, 1). If above is disabled, the range is (1000, inf). Recommended is 0.8 and 20000 respectively
  • Fixed: Server crash when running out of loot points to spawn items (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T179664 - private)
  • Fixed: CfgGameplay: Values set for 'rotationSpeedJog' or 'rotationSpeedSprint' would not synchronize to clients resulting in stuttering movement (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T178103, https://feedback.bistudio.com/T175489, https://feedback.bistudio.com/T178397)
  • Fixed: Spawning ammopile types into weapons with inner magazines via json loadouts was not functioning properly (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T179268)
  • Changed: Server config parameter 'networkObjectBatchSend' split into 'networkObjectBatchSendCreate' and 'networkObjectBatchSendDelete'
  • Changed: Improved replication statistics in server debug window on diag builds

MODDING

• Added: 'Math3D.IntersectRayPlane'
  • Added: 'Math3D.MatrixInverse3'/'Math3D.MatrixInverse4'
  • Added: 'Pawn' class with full feature set of functions
  • Added: 'PawnMove' and 'PawnState' class
  • Added: 'PlayerIdentity.Possess(Pawn)' to possess a Pawn
  • Added: Security: Config parameter 'hasHistory' per entity type to allow tracking of the entity as it may move throughout the world, otherwise only current position is used
  • Fixed: Object creation on remote clients would update the last value synchronized for clients that had already had the Object created
  • Changed: Moved calls to 'OnVehicleSeatDriverEnter' and 'OnVehicleSeatDriverLeft' from script to native, 'OnVehicleSeatDriverLeft' is now called when getting out starts instead of when the command ends
  • Changed: 'Human.LinkToLocalSpaceOf' will now internally call 'UnlinkFromLocalSpace' if 'Human' is already parented and prevent linking if already parented to the same entity
  • Changed: 'DayZPlayerTypeRegisterItems' now gets called when (re)joining servers

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PC Experimental 1.25 Update 2 - Version 1.25.158033 (Release on 02.05.2024)

NOTES

• With this update, we have replaced the previously used Experimental branch for the DayZ Tools on Steam with a separate DayZ Experimental Tools app for easier accessibility.

GAME

ADDED

• In-game ambient soundtrack

FIXED

• Several edge cases related to the weapon lift mechanic
  • Fixed individual exploits to look through walls

CHANGED

• Optimized the system greatly behind noise system reducing drops in server performance when AI is around many dynamic objects or there is AI grouped together attacking a player

SERVER

• Added: Server config parameter 'networkObjectBatchEnforceBandwidthLimits' to enable the replication limiter based on bandwidth (default disabled)
  • Changed: DayZ client will no longer use hardcoded port 2304 and up but use OS assigned ports instead
    • This change enables server providers to deploy more efficient DDOS protection systems for DayZ game servers. While the previous port settings could be used by individual server providers to avoid being targeted by highly simplistic attacks, they proved to be a security weakness for more sophisticated attacks, requiring this hole to be closed. We believe that this step is the best to ensure higher quality protection for the vast majority of professionally hosted game servers. We recommend to contact your server hosting provider if your server is being targeted by DDOS attacks. We are investigating an option for server owners to switch between the previous and current solution and will release it if the investigations prove to be successful.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PC Experimental 1.25 Update 3 - Version 1.25.158042 (Release on 03.05.2024)

NOTES

GAME

CHANGED

• Cleanup of soundtrack files
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 2

... it's nice to have a new patch.

Yeah.

A new gun. But how about fixing weapon lifting mechanism near obstacles? So people could actually use windows to - for example - defend their positions? That would be nice and kinda big. A pleasant blast from the past.

From my old crew there is literally no one who wants to come back. I've asked them! 78 people and no one wants to play this, simply because they're are all tired of "dayziness". All those little things that makes this game needlessly annoying and old. PLEASE! Add things that are useful :((((.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, nemorus said:

Yeah.

A new gun. But how about fixing weapon lifting mechanism near obstacles? So people could actually use windows to - for example - defend their positions? That would be nice and kinda big. A pleasant blast from the past.

From my old crew there is literally no one who wants to come back. I've asked them! 78 people and no one wants to play this, simply because they're are all tired of "dayziness". All those little things that makes this game needlessly annoying and old. PLEASE! Add things that are useful :((((.

Bro, they did improve the weapon raise mechanic in last update. It's much easier to aim around corners and through windows now.

• Like 2

thx for the update.

but.. is it me or zeds now agro a lot slower? (AI change? )

Posted (edited)

VS-89 is SV-98, Russian sniper rifle, 7.62x54R, using 10Rnd mag.

Can handle: Suppressor, NATO Optics Sights, Camo ghillie cover.

Edited by Sid Debian
  • Beans 1

I am glad the big Livonia advertisement is gone, it was interfereing with the atmosphere of the game.

When the next DLC comes PLEASE be more humane about advertising it.

No big unremoveable ad autoplaying in the main menu next to my character please, it even was unremoveable for people who owned the DLC.

And no immersion breaking billboards to advertise it like we had with Livonia.

References are cool like the Sahrani billboard, but blatant low effort ads in the game world (billboard with obvious in-game screenshot with english text, and a unfitting QR code directly to the steam store)  hurt the atmosphere you are trying to create with the addition of in-game music. 

• Like 3
  • Beans 2

Posted (edited)

Cool gun, cool music, cool less advertisements,cool sounds, cool fixes.

I like.

Edited by Pyongo Bongo
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, SuRRtur said:

Bro, they did improve the weapon raise mechanic in last update. It's much easier to aim around corners and through windows now.

Improve? You're still being forced into certain animation when certain conditions are met. How is that an improvement? Get a stick IRL, aim it like a rifle, get closer to the wall and see if your hands are forcing you into "hände hoch" position. Like... c'mon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

excellent news a patch is always welcome and I appreciate the Livonia gift

but please dear developers TALK TO modder/creator Mighty Moitzbert, add his mods MMG - Mightys Base Storage

we NEED BASE LOVE, better storage, Solo Locker 1:1 loadout (FULL Loadout, 2 Weapons, 100 Slots, lockable)

also codelocks

regards

• Like 1

Hire some more people for this game man, we waited like 3 months for this. I understand that you're working hard and there will be a big update in the future but come on. The modding community has been carrying you for atleast 3 years 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, nemorus said:

Yeah.

It pays to read patch notes before commenting on them. They improved it last update, and further improved it with this patch. It says so right there in the text. I also highly doubt you asked 78 people and got 78 "no"s. Please do not flame the devs. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, stinky savid said:

It pays to read patch notes before commenting on them. They improved it last update, and further improved it with this patch. It says so right there in the text. I also highly doubt you asked 78 people and got 78 "no"s. Please do not flame the devs. 

It seems words are meaningless because fanboys will be fanboys. Blind. You just read whatever you want and ignore everything else, right? Gonna leave your comment with my own though: do you think that this game survived on its own? Over the years people added content themselves, things that were needed - at least some of it. I don't really care what are your beliefs in the matter, especially since they're wrong.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GameComplainer said:

Hire some more people for this game man, we waited like 3 months for this. I understand that you're working hard and there will be a big update in the future but come on. The modding community has been carrying you for atleast 3 years 

Please, send them our way.

1 hour ago, nemorus said:

It seems words are meaningless because fanboys will be fanboys. Blind. You just read whatever you want and ignore everything else, right? Gonna leave your comment with my own though: do you think that this game survived on its own? Over the years people added content themselves, things that were needed - at least some of it. I don't really care what are your beliefs in the matter, especially since they're wrong.

And it's great that the game has the option; mod support is literally part of the game.
Please note that modding is very different from coding the game itself. The best thing is to have the option to play official or community-created content.

Posted (edited)

Right. it's a part of this game. A huge chunk of it. In fact this very game started as a modification - it's engraved to its bones. Number of optional maps, vehicles, weapons, features like flying or diving, servers with active administration - communities keeps this game fresh for Bohemia and that gives it a lot of additional time to create a worthy successor. But let's not talk about that any longer. All i'm saying is that people really expect a lot from official developers. There are problems though, small things that annoy players for a long time now. I've used weapon lifting animation only as example. It's still there:

It's "improved", it's "much better" but it's still there.

People who played modded content will stay with it for the most part. Only console players are different, simply because they have no other choice.

Edited by nemorus
/s
  • Beans 1

You know what would go well with our new exotic long range rifle?

The (formerly know as) LONG RANGE scope 🙂

According to "PlentyOMangos" on reddit, the IRL hunting / long range scope would fit the rail the SV uses in-game.

Would it be fun? Yes. Would it be realistic? Yes 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

You know what would go well with our new exotic long range rifle?

The (formerly know as) LONG RANGE scope 🙂

According to "PlentyOMangos" on reddit, the IRL hunting / long range scope would fit the rail the SV uses in-game.

Would it be fun? Yes. Would it be realistic? Yes 🙂

SV-98 in the basics has 4x - 8x variable magnification optics. Basically as suggestion devs could add ability for hunting scope to be mounted to the Viver-Picatiny rail system, or finally added proper configs for LongRangeOptics, that's already in the game but that optics shall be mounted to Viver-Pica rail system and that's might be quiet enough.

Yes you can add slot for using it on the Viver-Pica, but LongRangeOptics has issue it's located far away from spot for the HuntingOptics in any other cases it's the same.

But honestly it would be nicely if devs include the understanding of Mount rings, the 25mm & 30/35mm for the Viver & Hunting mount system...

But I'm agreed with you that could be quiet good!

More weapons, huh?!?
Why are new things always just weapons or hats and bags?
Why not really improve this game with more fabrications for the bases (new 1&½ high fences, stronger and MUCH more buildable on steep terrain and inside houses), more usable furniture for the bases (assembled and dismantled with dedicated storage for clothes, belts , boots and backpacks... FULL !), other leather constructions for survival (everything: jackets, trousers, jackets, gloves, shoes, etc)... this, IMHO, is what would be needed (as well as repairing the many defects), not more weapons and hats!
If you really want to add some weapons, why not an PKM, with a truly functional bipod and interchangeable sights? That's a good weapon that isn't there yet... if you really want to go back to the war FPS. There are already many sniper weapons in this game. Do you want to make a collector's sample?
Do you remember that DayZ is a survival game against the infected and not another of the many war FPS, yes?

🙄

P.S.
Those chains with padlocks are literally sucks, and the last digit doesn't even have any use, since all you have to do is turn it randomly and it clicks by itself 😠

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 9:08 AM, nemorus said:

argumentum ad hominem

also those 78 guys don't come back by promoting one feature. As you mentioned yourself, it needs many small things. Obviously the devs are adding things that are useful. Those things just might not be useful to you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Devs are adding things that are useful, you say... Like the thing with melee, right? Where pick/axe is less powerful than a butter knife. "Knives deal most damage in this update" - people are saying. Like what is that suppose to mean? Or when you can't use power attack without certain sprint-triggered momentum. Bohemia just takes something that works, change it into ridiculous nonsense and that's their usual gameplan for an update. And then people like me cry because fun is nowhere to be seen. Melee is just an example of poor choices done. Few patches before it was actually quite fun to battle npcs with various tools. And now? You swing, then block, they swing, you swing, then block, they swing - until someone collapses from boredom. I liked the older system  - one could use as much power attacks as their stamina allowed. It was a quick method to deal with mob/escape from it. But noooo, they had to change it. Just to make npcs "harder" i guess. But is it? No, because AI is still the same. These moronic infected can't even bash-open doors, even though mods created such feature years ago, so its possible. Infected can breach doors - now that should be implemented. It's a big change that truly makes game harder. And what do we get? OP Knives and messed up mechanics. It's not useful when you're changing something that was working for years. It's plain annoying.

PC Experimental 1.25 Update 2 - Version 1.25.158033 (Release on 02.05.2024)

NOTES

GAME

ADDED

• In-game ambient soundtrack

FIXED

• Several edge cases related to the weapon lift mechanic
  • Fixed individual exploits to look through walls

CHANGED

• Optimized the system greatly behind noise system reducing drops in server performance when AI is around many dynamic objects or there is AI grouped together attacking a player

SERVER

• Added: Server config parameter 'networkObjectBatchEnforceBandwidthLimits' to enable the replication limiter based on bandwidth (default disabled)
  • Changed: DayZ client will no longer use hardcoded port 2304 and up but use OS assigned ports instead
    • This change enables server providers to deploy more efficient DDOS protection systems for DayZ game servers. While the previous port settings could be used by individual server providers to avoid being targeted by highly simplistic attacks, they proved to be a security weakness for more sophisticated attacks, requiring this hole to be closed. We believe that this step is the best to ensure higher quality protection for the vast majority of professionally hosted game servers. We recommend to contact your server hosting provider if your server is being targeted by DDOS attacks. We are investigating an option for server owners to switch between the previous and current solution and will release it if the investigations prove to be successful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kyiara said:

SERVER

Would you be so kind as to give an example of a hosting provider that "professionally hosts" DayZ servers, since according to the FT ticket I opened regarding this issue a week ago, the largest provider in Europe, and third largest in the world - OVH - doesn't qualify as "professional".

In addition, it'd also be nice to know who's actually providing BI with information like this, since it's massively incorrect.

3 hours ago, Kyiara said:

There are multiple ways of looking at this and I wish the DayZ developers would be more open to that.

You may think you are inherently mitigating these attacks by forcing the client to choose an ephemeral source port, but what you're actually doing is forcing hosters to open up the entire range of ephemeral source ports in order for legitimate clients to connect.  This will allow attackers to amplify their attacks and potentially fly under the radar by sending smaller packets sourced from dozens of ports from a single IP address. We see attacks like this all the time and given a DayZ protocol-specific attack sourced from a large enough botnet, it will crash the server process before mitigation can kick in, assuming mitigation has any effect at all.

2 hours ago, michaeldcullen said:

Would you be so kind as to give an example of a hosting provider that "professionally hosts" DayZ servers, since according to the FT ticket I opened regarding this issue a week ago, the largest provider in Europe, and third largest in the world - OVH - doesn't qualify as "professional".

In addition, it'd also be nice to know who's actually providing BI with information like this, since it's massively incorrect.

1 hour ago, sanguine00 said:

There are multiple ways of looking at this and I wish the DayZ developers would be more open to that.

You may think you are inherently mitigating these attacks by forcing the client to choose an ephemeral source port, but what you're actually doing is forcing hosters to open up the entire range of ephemeral source ports in order for legitimate clients to connect.  This will allow attackers to amplify their attacks and potentially fly under the radar by sending smaller packets sourced from dozens of ports from a single IP address. We see attacks like this all the time and given a DayZ protocol-specific attack sourced from a large enough botnet, it will crash the server process before mitigation can kick in, assuming mitigation has any effect at all.

Hi guys, this is still a work in progress. Possibly more to come with the next Experimental update.
Feedback remains appreciated.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Alexander_Ustenko said:

@Kyiara Why can't I hear ambient music in the game?

Have you checked your audio settings?
Are you on Experimental servers?