Kyiara

1.24 Experimental Release

Greetings, Survivors!

It’s pretty much tradition at this point that our awesome community breaks DayZ’s record for highest player count every new year! It was definitely a confidence boost this time around, as we face a number of challenges in this year’s plan—by far the most ambitious we’ve had since the engine switch in 2018. But it’s far too soon to talk about such things here. Instead, this post is dedicated to the year’s first experimental release: game update 1.24!

Read the full article here.

PC changelog

Xbox changelog

1.24_EXP_Support_Picture_6.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good to hear that you still think about AI improvements. I hope that in the future you will find more resources to improve that part of the game so infected will be treated more seriously by the game veterans. Maybe that would bring more cooperation between players, there will be bigger motivation for random players to help each other.

You can take some inspirations from modding community. There were few mods that touched on that topic and you could pick few things from it and polish it. For example: how to stop the abuse situation when player hits infected from above and AI is competely helpless. Some people tried to make infected's attack bigger so they could reach player's feet and hit it, it kinda works but sometimes its hard to estimate how AI can reach you. Others added jumping/teleporting ability for AI so they can climb on higher spaces but its sketchy for now, lot of flying infecteds and misplacements due to missing animations or ingame methods/features for such actions.

I dont know whats your opinion about this, but since infected can climb on a wall (even one with barbred wire asset) and jump over it, it would be logical to let them climb vehicles wrecks and small walls. But of course its tricky and I guess it would require a lot of work from navmesh point of view. So maybe it would be easier to add some new types of infected? Like a poisonous/contaminated ones that can inflict some kind of venomous damage on a player standing in certain radious around such infected. It should be able to reach players standing on a wrecks, so it would block the possibility of standing here. Player would be forced to run away or hide in a building, preferably in a one containing extra upper floor.

-

Apart from that, Im really waiting for the February article but Im worried that you will not spoil a lot 🤣 and there are many speculations circling about the future, especially regarding Enfusion.

Anyway, looking forward for new updates, good luck.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Pelo amor de Deus, conserte essa falta de colisão entre os barris, baú do mar e caixas de madeira, foram mais de 3 atualizações de vocês e isso nunca foi corrigido

For the love of God, fix this lack of collision between the barrels, sea chest and wooden boxes, there have been more than 3 updates from you and this has never been fixed

Edited by Th4myyCROFT
  • Like 1

Listen guys, I know you work for Bohemia and I know there's weapon experts there you can consult with while doing changes, because you know D well that automatic/select fire rifles do not react this "new" way when firing in full auto. This new recoil is utterly disgusting and completely unrealistic.... the M4, AK, Famas ECT are acting/recoiling worse than even a full auto Glock 18C without a brace.... seriously, stop making our game LESS realistic, this is crazy. Go fire an M4 at a human sized target from 50m and come back and tell me you couldn't just hold it against your shoulder and get all 30+ rounds within center mass without issue.

Another note, I just watched WOBO's latest 1.24 video (hence) after knowing about the projectile surface collision sound removal, while it's nice that zombles won't react to the sound of the firearm suppressed, the sound of a projectile hitting a surface, even a dirt mound, is going to make a noticeable sound.... and my first thought was "are players still going to be able to hear a missed, suppressed shot taken at them when the missed projectile hits a surface next to them?".... I really hope you haven't COMPLETELY removed the sound... again, we love DayZ because it's always tried to be as realistic as possible within means, and now it really seems like you guys are trying to make it more and more, unrealistic.

And don't get me started on those new tree collision boxes....did you guys test this before releasing?? Because you can literally get a projectile ricochet now in 1.24 by hitting a damn leaf 🙄 since when are leaves harder than concrete?

Bring back our missing and promised stuff please and leave the "fine" stuff alone, I'd rather have our old promised helicopter and boats and plane before you adding in extra unrealistic recoil and metal tree leafs. Thx

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, Th4myyCROFT said:

Pelo amor de Deus, conserte essa falta de colisão entre os barris, baú do mar e caixas de madeira, foram mais de 3 atualizações de vocês e isso nunca foi corrigido

For the love of God, fix this lack of collision between the barrels, sea chest and wooden boxes, there have been more than 3 updates from you and this has never been fixed

But you know that they made that on purpose? So people dont stack barrels or chests on roads to block roads for other people with vehicles.

• Sad 1

On 1/16/2024 at 10:28 PM, Johnny Georgopoulos said:

Listen guys, I know you work for Bohemia and I know there's weapon experts there you can consult with while doing changes, because you know D well that automatic/select fire rifles do not react this "new" way when firing in full auto. This new recoil is utterly disgusting and completely unrealistic.... the M4, AK, Famas ECT are acting/recoiling worse than even a full auto Glock 18C without a brace.... seriously, stop making our game LESS realistic, this is crazy. Go fire an M4 at a human sized target from 50m and come back and tell me you couldn't just hold it against your shoulder and get all 30+ rounds within center mass without issue.

Another note, I just watched WOBO's latest 1.24 video (hence) after knowing about the projectile surface collision sound removal, while it's nice that zombles won't react to the sound of the firearm suppressed, the sound of a projectile hitting a surface, even a dirt mound, is going to make a noticeable sound.... and my first thought was "are players still going to be able to hear a missed, suppressed shot taken at them when the missed projectile hits a surface next to them?".... I really hope you haven't COMPLETELY removed the sound... again, we love DayZ because it's always tried to be as realistic as possible within means, and now it really seems like you guys are trying to make it more and more, unrealistic.

And don't get me started on those new tree collision boxes....did you guys test this before releasing?? Because you can literally get a projectile ricochet now in 1.24 by hitting a damn leaf 🙄 since when are leaves harder than concrete?

Bring back our missing and promised stuff please and leave the "fine" stuff alone, I'd rather have our old promised helicopter and boats and plane before you adding in extra unrealistic recoil and metal tree leafs. Thx

Hi, 
I will start with the tree colision. 1.24 is on Experimental (testing) servers. So feedback is what we need now. But gameplay did not change. You can learn more about it here: 00:35:35
The noise has been reduced for AI only, and once again, you can find more information about it here: 00:48:00 It's explained there.
I regret to say that a few things were promised by a different team (still BI) ten years ago, and we apologize for that. Currently, there are no plans to introduce helicopters, boats, or planes into the game.
Last but not least, I've been visiting the shooting range occasionally for more than 20 years. Since I've fired more than a few rounds from an AK47 at 50-100m, I can say it's not "without an issue" to get those 30+ rounds within center mass. Especially if you're firing rapidly without proper aiming. If you've managed to rapidly get all of them in, congratulations! But it's definitely not as easy for some others.And speaking about realism, an average survivor most likely won't be a pro soldier.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

I don’t know what about the others, but personally, as a very old Daisy player (so to speak, who played from Arma 2 and non-Steam versions) I would finally like to see more items for crafting, including cooking food, just eat a pack of rice..... and you add another weapon that is simply not needed... why?

I want to finally see performance work on both the server and the client, we have powerful servers that are not yet at full capacity, there is no dx12 support, why don’t you think about it?

As for me, you have the same recipe every year, we have a plan.. yes.....??

Take the item, add it to the game + take the weapon + more
 more models of items and weapons that are simply not needed... and let's call it 1.24 1.25, 1.26 it's not cool... in its current form, don't make the game a shooter.? at least a few new fences or doors? stairs, roof? electricity, water supply, etc.
Oh my God, you all didn’t even do the air drop properly.... when there are a lot of mods in the workshop....

I just want to see some improvements to the mechanics of the game and not just new guns

• Like 2

and another example, have you ever thought about the solution to the fact that animals fly? when do they collide? this is a very big problem, because when they fly, they ignore any obstacles in flight, for example, I’m sitting here wondering how to make one script that tracks the position of the height of the animal and as soon as it is above a certain radius it lands on the ground, but there is a problem I don’t I can take into account the height of buildings if he takes off on a building, I decided the moment relative to the ground, but it’s still difficult for me to get around the buildings with your engine

Hi! About the modification to tree collision hitboxes. It is no longer possible to climb most of them. I mean, climb the branches using the highest points in the city. This was an extremely hardcore feature that was simply "pruned" (pardon the pun). This was a real skill gap in the game. What I noticed is that the character's collision simply IGNORES the lower branches of the trees, as if they no longer exist. Was this on purpose or is there still salvation?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TITONELI said:

Hi! About the modification to tree collision hitboxes. It is no longer possible to climb most of them. I mean, climb the branches using the highest points in the city. This was an extremely hardcore feature that was simply "pruned" (pardon the pun). This was a real skill gap in the game. What I noticed is that the character's collision simply IGNORES the lower branches of the trees, as if they no longer exist. Was this on purpose or is there still salvation?

I have forwarded the feedback 👍

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, realize sonhos said:

quando versão vai daí para ps4 

A versão experimental não funciona no Playstation. Somente Xbox e PC.

On 1/19/2024 at 12:39 PM, Kyiara said:

Hi, 
I will start with the tree colision. 1.24 is on Experimental (testing) servers. So feedback is what we need now. But gameplay did not change. You can learn more about it here: 00:35:35
The noise has been reduced for AI only, and once again, you can find more information about it here: 00:48:00 It's explained there.
I regret to say that a few things were promised by a different team (still BI) ten years ago, and we apologize for that. Currently, there are no plans to introduce helicopters, boats, or planes into the game.
Last but not least, I've been visiting the shooting range occasionally for more than 20 years. Since I've fired more than a few rounds from an AK47 at 50-100m, I can say it's not "without an issue" to get those 30+ rounds within center mass. Especially if you're firing rapidly without proper aiming. If you've managed to rapidly get all of them in, congratulations! But it's definitely not as easy for some others.And speaking about realism, an average survivor most likely won't be a pro soldier.

Hi Kyiara, sadly there is a gameplay change due to bushes' collisions, if you are unlucky enough, it seems that you can kill yourself by shooting these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6fxkVZmLEE

Seems like it is a bug but Im not sure.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/16/2024 at 8:07 PM, Kuzyn. said:

Mas você sabe que eles fizeram isso de propósito? Assim, as pessoas não empilham barris ou baús nas estradas para bloquear estradas para outras pessoas com veículos.

What does one thing have to do with another, I said that the barrels in the game have been bugged for some time, without collision you cross as if there were no physics

Edited by Th4myyCROFT
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 1:03 PM, Kuzyn. said:

Hi Kyiara, sadly there is a gameplay change due to bushes' collisions, if you are unlucky enough, it seems that you can kill yourself by shooting these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6fxkVZmLEE

Seems like it is a bug but Im not sure.

Hi, you can find the ticket here. It is not a bug. As the reported claimed: "I'm sorry, you can close the ticket, I had incorrect settings in the diagnostic version"
But thanks for checking!

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2024 at 12:39 PM, Kyiara said:

Hi, 
I will start with the tree colision. [...] But gameplay did not change. 

[...]
Last but not least, I've been visiting the shooting range occasionally for more than 20 years. [...] And speaking about realism, an average survivor most likely won't be a pro soldier.

First of all, once again this official DayZ team community interaction really astonishes me positively every time :)

Exactly what I love to see, it is better than ever.

Addressing exactly what people ask for, forwarding community opinion AND having real life DayZ experience is great, thank you Kyiara.

On the two quotes above:

Sadly gameplay did change drastically.

You used to be able to climb trees somewhat realistically, each single branch had a hitbox you could climb. Amazing feature. Hiding in trees with ghillies OMG! :)

Instead now they simply deleted the hitboxes, so we have people unrealistically walking and falling through trees...

No longer can you be a tree climbing sniper ghost badass.

This is an extreme bummer.

I'd honestly rather delete 1.24 and never release it than remove climbeable trees.

On the recoil:

What makes me suspicious:

You increased the recoil of AUTOMATIC guns specifically.

This sounds like the unrealistic gun "balancing" many people dislike in the DayZ community.

Why automatics only?

Shouldn't you increase the recoil of the Pioneer too if you do it to the M4?

They shoot the same bullet.

Or was the Pioneer realistic with it's recoil already, just the M4 wasn't?

I would have loved to see "Adjusted recoil of guns based on caliber size, buttstock etc. to make it closer to real life."

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

First of all, once again this official DayZ team community interaction really astonishes me positively every time 🙂

Exactly what I love to see, it is better than ever.

Addressing exactly what people ask for, forwarding community opinion AND having real life DayZ experience is great, thank you Kyiara.

On the two quotes above:

Sadly gameplay did change drastically.

You used to be able to climb trees somewhat realistically, each single branch had a hitbox you could climb. Amazing feature. Hiding in trees with ghillies OMG! 🙂

Instead now they simply deleted the hitboxes, so we have people unrealistically walking and falling through trees...

No longer can you be a tree climbing sniper ghost badass.

This is an extreme bummer.

I'd honestly rather delete 1.24 and never release it than remove climbeable trees.

On the recoil:

What makes me suspicious:

You increased the recoil of AUTOMATIC guns specifically.

This sounds like the unrealistic gun "balancing" many people dislike in the DayZ community.

Why automatics only?

Shouldn't you increase the recoil of the Pioneer too if you do it to the M4?

They shoot the same bullet.

Or was the Pioneer realistic with it's recoil already, just the M4 wasn't?

I would have loved to see "Adjusted recoil of guns based on caliber size, buttstock etc. to make it closer to real life."

About the ballistics, also the barrel length, so caliber is important but not less then barrel length,  dimensions and rifling length of the barrel that's why we got an issue in gun system because the game has no idea about muzzle brakes and barrel compensators, which is point on amount of recoil impulse same as it's length, M4 will has bit less recoil because of shorter barrel and gas operating system (it will eat speed of bullet and gas op system will slow the bullet, but operation of bolt will create the instability moment on reloading, damn simply read the gunsmith books everything is there...) and all those variables and calculations will blowup minds of devs, community devs and in one day all of em will say: "2 the hell all of it"; that's why it's so simplified. Because the same recoil for M4 and M16 actually has different time and values. It's really hard to explain everything about firearms physics & physics itself in short way...

On 1/23/2024 at 4:44 PM, Sid Debian said:

[..]

and all those variables and calculations will blowup minds of devs

Slightly off topic to 1.24:

Can they look up all the stats they need to know?

Spoiler

You can google the muzzle velocity of every gun I have looked up so far.

Most DayZ guns are extremely famous and widely used IRL, the manufacturers and gun nerds and even videogame nerds probably have every single little aspect documented, like rounds fired until the gun becomes damaged, accurate range, bullet velocity etc.

If Kyiara went to the gun range (time paid by Bohemia) and shot some of the guns from the game, judgeing which one has more recoil or less that would already be amazing.

Or if they simply adjusted the bullets velocities to the numbers Gews posts on here or Reddit that would already make me very happy.

Edited by Pyongo Bongo

On 20/01/2024 at 01:26, TITONELI said:

A versão experimental não funciona no Playstation. Somente Xbox e PC.

você sabe quando versão experimental acabaram 

1st off I want to say.. I'm a new player iv been playing for about a week now maybe week n half.. and I'm learning pretty quickly , I got one character that's been alive for about a week 2nd day I knew what to do. But guys yall really should look at the community servers with the mods... that make it more realistic life like.. think about it , if we woke up to a legit zombie apocalypse , there would be more cars , boats planes helicopters we could legitimately use.. I would love to see dirt bikes and four-wheelers , old military chevy K5 blazers that the military does use n used ect. Things like that would make the game more fun and life like.. weather it would be neat to have seasons , like I said I'm a new player so I dunno if the seasons actually change or not.. I just kno it's fall / winter all the time.. but if it doesn't change.. yall should make it run through seasons. So many days weeks months the seasons change.. would be cool to have spring , summer , fall winter all together... as for weapons , I love the weapons I'm more into the old style repeater and revolver and blaze. I'm also a US Army Veteran I was in from 2005 to Oct 2017 I was medically discharged n I like games like this it's cool. But would be nice to have more options like diff cal revolvers.. ya kno the old lady walkers? Well what if yall had some of them have a .22 revolver on them and inside some cabins ect?. I remember my granny she had a .22 revolver in her drawer for self defense. And guys it would be freaking awesome if you added a Smith n Wesson. 500 the .50 cal revolver... and a .45 revolver to go with the .357 revolver in game... a muzzle loaders " black powder rifles" would be interesting 🤔 like out in the hunting areas n outskirts. A few diff ones like a newer model and a old school one. Should add some more ski mask as well , like a demon face , digital camo and so forth... also with the weather it would be cool to have bad storms , I kno we got lightning thunderstorms and rain and sprinkles.. but what about blizzards? That dump tons of snow on the ground? And hail storms that drop hail stones ??? 🤔🤣.. tornados and hurricane/syclones at the coast ect... and other ways to communicate with players.. like finding cell phones ect... I dunno but adding some more things like that would be cool.. anyway amazing game keep up the amazing work guys.