Sign in to follow this  
Mjones (DayZ)

Bring back authentic gun ballstics

10 hours ago, lakevu said:

while this is true that does not elevate eating as a prime driver of why people play the game. nor does it make it the most important simply because you need to do it to continue to play the game. I'm not saying it cant be but the most EMOTIONALLY IMPACTFUL parts of the game is when you INTERACT with other players. Good people. Bad people. where that be bullets or just words. RUNNING INTO OTHER SURVIVORS and how you resolve that occurrence is at if not at THE TOP of the value hierarchy of the game. as it is the most exciting and EMOTIONALLY INCITING part of the game.

there are very few people who log into dayz to pick up food and just eat it and avoid all the other aspects of what the game has to offer in EXPERIENCING an apocalypse.  

I'm not saying eating food cant be an enjoyable part of the experience. like surviving almost starving and then cooking a meal in the forest in the dark while wolves howling nearby. but IT WILL NEVER be more IMPORTANT than player interaction especially the gunfights with other people as you come close to death by another player. and even more if you happen to lose a friend during that encounter aswell.

that is what DRIVES the game. and is why ballistics and everything associated to gunplay are OBJECTIVELY more important than other aspects like cooking within the game. ballistics determine how we experience gunfights. as either one hit kill dumbness or long drawn out rewarding experiences because we survive a few rounds.

You should play on console, like me. When I'm not cooking (which is rare) the shooting is long and drawn out because no one can aim with a stick in a game with no aim assist. Great fun.

11 hours ago, RZ0R said:

You should play on console, like me. When I'm not cooking (which is rare) the shooting is long and drawn out because no one can aim with a stick in a game with no aim assist. Great fun.

absolutely not! 

there is a difference between having a controller that doesnt allow you to hit anything vs having a mouse and actually having to fight real variables of reality.

one is AUTHENTIC and the other is just MANUFACTURED INCOMPETENCE because the tools are not up to the job of the experience.

52 minutes ago, lakevu said:

absolutely not! 

there is a difference between having a controller that doesnt allow you to hit anything vs having a mouse and actually having to fight real variables of reality.

one is AUTHENTIC and the other is just MANUFACTURED INCOMPETENCE because the tools are not up to the job of the experience.

Last time I shot a gun the experience wasn't comparable to either mouse or controller, if I'm honest.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RZ0R said:

Last time I shot a gun the experience wasn't comparable to either mouse or controller, if I'm honest.

this is true. but because of the increased accuracy and control capable of a mouse vs a thumbstick it is able to achieve a much closer connection to reality.

Edited by lakevu

On 12/19/2023 at 3:28 AM, lakevu said:

this is true. but because of the increased accuracy and control capable of a mouse vs a thumbstick it is able to achieve a much closer connection to reality.

honestly on ps5 I feel good with the controller, after 700 hour of gameplay I can say that the keyboard players have a slight advantage, but the game it's still fun, the only thing that I want it's realism

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, I like doing great suggestions said:

honestly on ps5 I feel good with the controller, after 700 hour of gameplay I can say that the keyboard players have a slight advantage, but the game it's still fun, the only thing that I want it's realism

yeah i hear you.

honestly, what needs to be done is the game gets split into two different builds. because you can never get rid of this difference of controller and keyboard. they are just fundamentally two different input mechanisms and controller will never beable to be on the level of a keyboard simply for what it is.

and i dont think the changes necessary to make this game the WAY IT SHOULD BE can happen on console with the controller. it would just be down right unenjoyable to play.

i think this fact of reality needs to be acknowledged so that we can all get what we want. REALISM. because that is dayz's core identity of being a REAL zombie survival simulation. and so the console build of the game can stop holding back the experience of the pc.

then everyone can be happy and those that are more SERIOUS about the experience can upgrade to a pc if they want the REAL DEAL. instead of a pocket, lite version that console is only capable of providing because of the controller.

The game plays great on a controller. The problem is, we don’t have the ability to change button binds. I don’t even use the lean buttons because I hate where they are assigned. I just need the ability to customize the controls to get it right.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 12/27/2023 at 12:23 AM, lakevu said:

yeah i hear you.

honestly, what needs to be done is the game gets split into two different builds. because you can never get rid of this difference of controller and keyboard. they are just fundamentally two different input mechanisms and controller will never beable to be on the level of a keyboard simply for what it is.

and i dont think the changes necessary to make this game the WAY IT SHOULD BE can happen on console with the controller. it would just be down right unenjoyable to play.

i think this fact of reality needs to be acknowledged so that we can all get what we want. REALISM. because that is dayz's core identity of being a REAL zombie survival simulation. and so the console build of the game can stop holding back the experience of the pc.

then everyone can be happy and those that are more SERIOUS about the experience can upgrade to a pc if they want the REAL DEAL. instead of a pocket, lite version that console is only capable of providing because of the controller.

you are right but I like to struggle to controll the recoil from my fire arm, I think that making the game more realistic in the recoil will make come more serious players instead of players that run and shoot, I want more fear and doubts ab shooting, when I watched the videos of old recoil I felt that, that game was dayz, now a bk 12 haves a recoil of a pistol, I'd want that all the guns of the game would have the recoil of the savanna rifle, obviously not including plistols

Edited by I like doing great suggestions

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, I like doing great suggestions said:

you are right but I like to struggle to controll the recoil from my fire arm, I think that making the game more realistic in the recoil will make come more serious players instead of players that run and shoot, I want more fear and doubts ab shooting, when I watched the videos of old recoil I felt that, that game was dayz, now a bk 12 haves a recoil of a pistol, I'd want that all the guns of the game would have the recoil of the savanna rifle, obviously not including plistols

I absolutely agree. Especially with the part about “having doubts”. I think this is how you know the gunplay has been dumbed down because now there is no doubt. People are pretty confident in just quickscoping each other because it’s just point and click. No sway. With no a whole lot of reason if at all to even question whether your shot won’t hit.

which has its own side effects on the game like taking away any sense of tension or anxiety

Edited by lakevu
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 7:58 PM, lakevu said:

dayz no longer desires to be a "realistic" game.

Right.  Way back when I bought the game during alpha  (.2x release, or so) I was promised that ballistics would be realistic.  This was a huge selling point by Dean and team.  This selling point was why I gave up money.  Can I get my money back now?

5 hours ago, Parazight said:

Right.  Way back when I bought the game during alpha  (.2x release, or so) I was promised that ballistics would be realistic.  This was a huge selling point by Dean and team.  This selling point was why I gave up money.  Can I get my money back now?

didnt u read the huge disclaimer that popped up everytime u started the game during alpha 😛

jokes aside, i couldnt agree more with you guys and this thread should be bumped every now and then to remind the devs.

14 hours ago, Parazight said:

that is a fair thing to say. which i dont know the answer to.

it very much seems there is a bait and switch that has happened to what the game was promised to be before to what we have now with it being an arcade shooter vs the promised survival SIMULATOR it was said to be before.

which is all the more reason what is happening in the game right now is OBJECTIVELY wrong.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, etwas said:

didnt u read the huge disclaimer that popped up everytime u started the game during alpha 😛

jokes aside, i couldnt agree more with you guys and this thread should be bumped every now and then to remind the devs.

yeah but the difference is when you say "things will change" there is a difference between the balance of features changing to a full on IDENTITY swap to being a SHOOTER and not a SIMULATOR

which in this case not that an identity can be SWAPPED. dayz cant do this. IT IS WHAT IT IS. and to make it something is ISNT just means it ISNT. it doesnt then make it dayz

Edited by lakevu

On 1/2/2024 at 10:49 PM, lakevu said:

I absolutely agree. Especially with the part about “having doubts”. I think this is how you know the gunplay has been dumbed down because now there is no doubt. People are pretty confident in just quickscoping each other because it’s just point and click. No sway. With no a whole lot of reason if at all to even question whether your shot won’t hit.

which has its own side effects on the game like taking away any sense of tension or anxiety

Yea, like dayz now is like cod with no scopes and 360's,the only thing missing it's the slide cancel

honestly the only way to make players have doubts it's to increase gun spread in both ads and without ads

4 hours ago, I like doing great suggestions said:

Yea, like dayz now is like cod with no scopes and 360's,the only thing missing it's the slide cancel

honestly the only way to make players have doubts it's to increase gun spread in both ads and without ads

yeah the i was thinking about this the other day. i all honesty i think the ONLY WAY you could make the game easier than it is now. THE ONLY WAY. is to add aim assist. i really dont think theres anything that can be done to make the game any easier