dexic

Put the backpack in the trunk

Hello! :-)

I wish that I could simply throw my backpack in the trunk as in real life. If it were almost empty, I wouldn't care if it took it's maximum space. E.g. 42 places instead of 16. But: Collecting stuff would be easier, if a friend were killed.

I hope that this can be made possible.

All the best,

dexic

• Like 1

Would also be a great way to remove the backpacks clipping through the seats!

One backpack storage per seat and survivor’s can’t get in the vehicle with backpacks on.

But if a survivor needs to hastily get into a car, rather than preventing them from getting into it, an animation plays showing them discard the backpack onto the ground. 

you can workaround it by holding it on your hands when entering... where it automagically disappears... which oddly enough is the exact same mechanic they could easily utilise to remove backpacks from backs and guns from shoulders upon entering a car

• Like 1

I think you straight up shouldn't be able to enter a car with a big backpack on which isn't empty.

Even a normal backpack with a few books inside prevents you completely from sitting down in a car IRL.

Screw fun we need annoying realism xD

2 hours ago, lemmac said:

you can workaround it by holding it on your hands when entering... where it automagically disappears... which oddly enough is the exact same mechanic they could easily utilise to remove backpacks from backs and guns from shoulders upon entering a car

Yeah, I made a suggestion post awhile ago suggesting making their 3d models not visible when entering vehicles. It drives me crazy to see a barrel with a bottle suppressor sticking through the roof and sitting in the backseat with driver’s field backpack in my lap lol.

• Like 1

You should be able to put a full backpack both in the boot or on the back seat, not only that passengers should be able to use some guns to shoot out of the gun, VSD or Lar might be too big, but pistols and smgs definitely should allow that. 

I'm on your side when it comes to backpacks, but when it comes to shooting from vehicles, I see a lot of technical questions and problems that need to be answered and solved. The first thing to do would be to make inventory accessible in the vehicle. Then the question of what exactly happens when you shoot out of a moving car needs to be answered. Do you shoot through the sides, back, or front window? Do I have to smash the windows first to shoot? what kind of repercussions does this have on the vehicle? How do I get all this synchronized in a bubble? you see where this is going, right? (remember, how long did it take to stabilize the vehicles halfway?) That's why I see black as far as the fire from the car goes, to be honest.

Edited by RenDark2000
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 4:00 PM, dexic said:

Hello! 🙂

I wish that I could simply throw my backpack in the trunk as in real life. If it were almost empty, I wouldn't care if it took it's maximum space. E.g. 42 places instead of 16. But: Collecting stuff would be easier, if a friend were killed.

I hope that this can be made possible.

All the best,

dexic

Don’t see why this isn’t possible sea chest and crates go in boot of car with items inside, this should be add to the game, as well as putting backpacks with items inside in barrels/ crates.