Minnessang

New respawn

Please remove this new respawn mode, it is by far the worst change in the 10 years of the game

• Like 4

Hi, can you please sum up what you don't like about it?

We are being born in the same place where we die, full of players, lack of food, not to mention Full gear players killing freshies

• Like 3

On 11/15/2023 at 1:36 PM, Kyiara said:

If I build base or make stashes,  for example 2 miles or km from Svetloyarsk and die, I can't respawn there very long time.
Or if you start play with a friend, but you die and try to respawn close to your friend again, sometime it's unreal.

• Like 2

I don't understand why Dayz always over-does stuff when changing things.

You changed (with the default values) both the possibility to die from uncon and added the spawn bubble, so servers that try to be absolutely vanilla now not only have folks spawning in at the same spot and fighting over thinned out loot, but they also cannot get out of that vicious circle easily by suiciding after a while. Right now, folks are roaming coast lines and breaking freshie legs, just to show how bad this system is, and those freshies are being held hostage by not getting out of a miserable life - and, even if they do, end up spawning in the same place again, until the timer or the player counter let them move on. 

If there is one thing Vanilla DayZ is NOT missing, it is uneven, mean early life encounters of people with guns vs. people with fists. But the randomness was good, was immersive - today I am in Balota, oh look Berezino this time, and next time I start in Elektro - the bubble is just forcing people into a very narrow, annoying tunnel and on top enables abusers. I honestly do not understand why you thought this was a good idea.

Give server owners options about spawn timers, counters, places? Hell yeah. But have the default values set to lead to a vicious cycle of folks killing each other for scraps and just one area being heavily looted by too many people before switching to the next one just to start all over again, without a chance to get out even by giving your life - that is just terrible. 

Edited by Nickknock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NGL, new respawn system it's so meh, it makes me so afraid of dying to just get back to an already looted zone with a bunch of more freshies trying to get those sweet apples, it makes boring at the end

• Like 2

On 11/15/2023 at 8:27 PM, Minnessang said:

We are being born in the same place where we die, full of players, lack of food, not to mention Full gear players killing freshies

Moving to another villages will solve the food issue. The geared players could kill freshies even before. You spawn with another fresh spawns, not with geared players.

On 11/21/2023 at 2:03 PM, In_search_of_Trip said:

If I build base or make stashes,  for example 2 miles or km from Svetloyarsk and die, I can't respawn there very long time.
Or if you start play with a friend, but you die and try to respawn close to your friend again, sometime it's unreal.

Don't die 😉 Just kidding. Well, that is part of the game. So is this about no point of killing yourself now over and over till you reach the spawn point you wanted?
To be honest, re-spawning is already a bit unreal in that sense 😉.

Regarding this topic...
Please, make sure you comment under this ticket. To be honest, I'm not sure if these are the strongest arguments, but feedback is always checked. Perhaps some tweaks could still be made based on the feedback, as the feature is relatively new. Thank you!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

In my opinion, it`s just another -very artifical- way to force more player interactions...

my advice :

for a more beneficial respawn, just imediately hop to another server and then jump back to your origin.

the spawnpoints after switching the server are all more inland and not at the coastline.

So no need to suicide yourself on the beach.

Or is there a similar mechanic active for server-hopper/traveller???

Edited by RenDark2000
  • Confused 1

The idea was pushed as being able to 'spawn with your FRIENDS'... not every other player on the server

• Like 5

On 11/22/2023 at 3:51 PM, Kyiara said:

place

This type of respawn tries to force you to play where you don't want to, it's counterproductive, if I want to be born in Topolin and I was born in Grabin or another place I'm going to waste minutes killing myself or stop playing the game.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2023 at 7:59 AM, lemmac said:

The idea was pushed as being able to 'spawn with your FRIENDS'... not every other player on the server

That’s what my friends and I intend to try to do in the near future, spawn together.

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, WOLVERlNES said:

That’s what my friends and I intend to try to do in the near future, spawn together.

Me and my mates do it on chernarus if I spawn in a town then they will be in the woods close by or in a field close by. We just pop a shot off and see if we can hear each other and yes we can so it works great.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It would be better to establish a party of up to 4 in the main menu, then party leader selects the server and everyone spawns in as freshies together. But maybe as a penalty, provide no starting food nor glow sticks, nor rags — completely zero inventory, just the clothes on our backs.

• Sad 1

On 12/12/2023 at 4:14 PM, rackinglad27 said:

Me and my mates do it on chernarus if I spawn in a town then they will be in the woods close by or in a field close by. We just pop a shot off and see if we can hear each other and yes we can so it works great.

pop a shot off with what? you're all freshies no?

i mean if you're all close to each other then i'd have thought meeting at a visible landmark would be more instantly accessible than a gun with bullets...

Anyway that wasn't the point of my post, i'm rarely if ever bothered where i spawn personally. I was just pulling the devs up on what they promised vs what they actually delivered 😉

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lemmac said:

pop a shot off with what? you're all freshies no?

i mean if you're all close to each other then i'd have thought meeting at a visible landmark would be more instantly accessible than a gun with bullets...

Anyway that wasn't the point of my post, i'm rarely if ever bothered where i spawn personally. I was just pulling the devs up on what they promised vs what they actually delivered 😉

Well it works whether I'm a freshie or geared. I was just saying that we like it and it works well.

• Sad 1

On 11/15/2023 at 7:36 AM, Kyiara said:

The new spawn method just turns fresh spawn locations into 6 minute TDM matches.  This should instead only be applied to steam friends, instead of everyone.  

Problem: Be in spawn town while it's triggered as the only spawn town in map.  Get in fight with player or players.  Player/players die.  Player/players respawn in same town, run to your location, and keep chipping away at your health because they know exactly where you are.  Rinse and repeat until you're dead.  

I've had this happen to me and have done it to other players myself multiple times.  

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2023 at 2:59 PM, lemmac said:

I got that impression too.

I feel as though they are just trying something new. 

If you know where you're going you can just run to the next town, sure. But if you aren't sure, you're stuck with the chaos, especially if it's a small town.

I don't care for it, but I can work around it.

• Like 1

On 15.11.2023 at 15:21, Minnessang said:

Пожалуйста, удалите этот новый режим возрождения, это худшее изменение за 10 лет существования игры.

ПОЛНОСТЬЮ  С ЭТИМ СОГЛАСНА, ВО-ПЕРВЫХ ЭТА СИСТЕМА НЕ РАБОТАЕТ ВООБЩЕ(ВПЛАНЕ ЧТО ДРУГ УЖЕ ТАМ ГДЕ НАДО А ТЕБЯ НЕ СПАВНИТ) А ВО-ВТОРЫХ ТЫ ПОСТОЯННО В ОДНОМ И ТОМ ЖЕ МЕСТЕ СПАВНИШЬСЯ ТРАТЯ НА ЭТО ОЧЕНЬ МНОГО ВРЕМЕНИ И НЕРВОВ(ОЧЕНЬ МНОГО НЕРВОВ) , ПОСЛЕ 8000 ЧАСОВ В ДЕЙЗ НЕ ХОЧЕТСЯ БОЛЬШЕ ИГРАТЬ ПОСЛЕ ТАКОГО ДОБАВЛЕНИЯ СПАВНА ПЕРСОНАЖА, ЕСЛИ НЕ МОЖЕТЕ УБРАТЬ ЭТО СОВСЕМ ,ТО СДЕЛАЙТЕ ХОТЯ БЫ В НАСТРОЙКАХ ЭТОТ ПАРАМЕТР ЕСЛИ КТО ХОЧЕТ ПО ЖЕЛАНИЮ ВКЛЮЧАТЬ И ВЫКЛЮЧАТЬ ... ОЧЕНЬ СИЛЬНО НАДЕЮСЬ ЧТО ВЫ ЭТО ПОФИКСИТЕ ,А ТО ОБИДНО БУДЕТ УХОДИТЬ ИЗ КРУТОЙ ИГРЫ НА КОТОРУЮ Я ПОТРАТИЛА ОЧЕНЬ МНОГО ВРЕМЕНИ ИЗ-ЗА ТАКОГО УЖАСНОГО НОВОВВЕДЕНИЯ  СПАВНА , ЭТО РЕАЛЬНО РУИНИТ ИГРУ ОЧЕНЬ СИЛЬНО ЧТО ДАЖЕ ТОШНИТ 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Alexandra Andreevna said:

ПОЛНОСТЬЮ  С ЭТИМ СОГЛАСНА, ВО-ПЕРВЫХ ЭТА СИСТЕМА НЕ РАБОТАЕТ ВООБЩЕ(ВПЛАНЕ ЧТО ДРУГ УЖЕ ТАМ ГДЕ НАДО А ТЕБЯ НЕ СПАВНИТ) А ВО-ВТОРЫХ ТЫ ПОСТОЯННО В ОДНОМ И ТОМ ЖЕ МЕСТЕ СПАВНИШЬСЯ ТРАТЯ НА ЭТО ОЧЕНЬ МНОГО ВРЕМЕНИ И НЕРВОВ(ОЧЕНЬ МНОГО НЕРВОВ) , ПОСЛЕ 8000 ЧАСОВ В ДЕЙЗ НЕ ХОЧЕТСЯ БОЛЬШЕ ИГРАТЬ ПОСЛЕ ТАКОГО ДОБАВЛЕНИЯ СПАВНА ПЕРСОНАЖА, ЕСЛИ НЕ МОЖЕТЕ УБРАТЬ ЭТО СОВСЕМ ,ТО СДЕЛАЙТЕ ХОТЯ БЫ В НАСТРОЙКАХ ЭТОТ ПАРАМЕТР ЕСЛИ КТО ХОЧЕТ ПО ЖЕЛАНИЮ ВКЛЮЧАТЬ И ВЫКЛЮЧАТЬ ... ОЧЕНЬ СИЛЬНО НАДЕЮСЬ ЧТО ВЫ ЭТО ПОФИКСИТЕ ,А ТО ОБИДНО БУДЕТ УХОДИТЬ ИЗ КРУТОЙ ИГРЫ НА КОТОРУЮ Я ПОТРАТИЛА ОЧЕНЬ МНОГО ВРЕМЕНИ ИЗ-ЗА ТАКОГО УЖАСНОГО НОВОВВЕДЕНИЯ  СПАВНА , ЭТО РЕАЛЬНО РУИНИТ ИГРУ ОЧЕНЬ СИЛЬНО ЧТО ДАЖЕ ТОШНИТ 

Можно упростить игрущечный слег и с попмощью хуянжекс трансдейта или хухл транслейта - перевести на английский.

Поверьте, планета русский не знает и благодаря ООН, английский является международным языком, а благодаря нашим великим русичам, скоро мы ляжем под китай.

Касаемо новой системы - поддерживаю, пусть она сдохнет!

I’m not sure if this is as intended, but I’ve spawned near my base twice since the new respawn was implemented. Lucky I guess!

We have had dayz of peace and quiet, then on New Year’s Eve the nearby town was alive with vicious new spawns and had to fend them off for hours. Good times!

• Confused 1

This is one of the stupidest and most "evil" changes I've ever seen in DayZ. They seem to do everything they can to turn it from a "survival" to a "battle royale".

Bad... very bad...

😠