Sign in to follow this  
Swadedtx

Is it possible put log out zones in the game???

Is there a reason like engine limitations as to why we can just log out anywhere on the map??? Why not make it to where if a character logs out their loot drops if it’s not in a certain zone, like the edge of the map or at your base?

It would change the whole game if there was a higher level off punishment for logging out other than a 15 second timer…. Restricting where you can log out would create a need for NVGs and make the game more interesting.  Playing at night would be a whole different animal and I feel if this was implemented you would definitely see a decrease in people logging out the moment the sunsets.

Combat logging is a major issue and I think logout zones should be a number 1 priority to making this a true survival game, It would completely change the risk/reward factor that makes this game so compelling.

What if I'm far from my base or don't have one at all ? Same goes for being far away from edge of the map. Am I going to have to spend 30 minutes walking to the log out zone ? What I something comes up and I need to leave them game immediately and go somewhere ? Are we going to punish people for having a life outside of DayZ by forcing them start fresh every time something takes them away from the game at a moments notice ? Because that sounds like a good idea to lose players. Log out timer can be increased to a minute or even more to deter combat logging without punishing players who need to promptly leave a game when not in combat. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

Definitely need to have designated log off spots. Combat logging is a huge issue in the game. You definitely should not be allowed to log off just anywhere on the map. It makes no sense at all why this is allowed. I suggested making the entire edge of the map a log off spot as well as a few “hotels” in other areas of the map. You should never clear an area and then all the sudden someone spawns in. It’s absurd. Hopefully the next Dayz addresses this issue.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, General Zod said:

What if I'm far from my base or don't have one at all ? Same goes for being far away from edge of the map. Am I going to have to spend 30 minutes walking to the log out zone ? What I something comes up and I need to leave them game immediately and go somewhere ? Are we going to punish people for having a life outside of DayZ by forcing them start fresh every time something takes them away from the game at a moments notice ? Because that sounds like a good idea to lose players. Log out timer can be increased to a minute or even more to deter combat logging without punishing players who need to promptly leave a game when not in combat. 

You know how much time you have to play when you start. Don’t use the “I have a life” bs comment. If you log off in an area that isn’t a designated log off spot, your character should stay in the server able to be killed.

5 hours ago, Sean_87__ said:

You know how much time you have to play when you start. Don’t use the “I have a life” bs comment. If you log off in an area that isn’t a designated log off spot, your character should stay in the server able to be killed.

No I don't always do. Sometimes I need to go the shop and get something for dinner because it was not bought earlier. Or any other valid reason to walk away from the computer. The only bs is the draconian measures some people here want to introduce to deal with small issues in the game that would only work for those who are stuck to the screen all day. If you introduce that measure people will leave this game for good. And how much shit players get from hackers and bugs it's not something the devs should add to the game unless they want to kill it. The guy you were in a stand off logged off. Unfortunate, but ultimately inconsequential, move on. Introduce a longer log out time to minimise it, but don't ruin the experience because of it. 

Edited by General Zod

Mate I guess you'll not find an approvement for your idea.

I wish to put my idea why it wouldn't working here:

The first one: many times any player need to leave the game away from his base or safe point. That will cause a bullsh*t about the running to save place.

Second: outside of your safe zone will appears the dead zones that will pissoff your players away.

And third: man, as I said that to one folk in BF4: "Don't take a sh*t and ve a simple man" and that's true, don't make the game more complex then it used to be. i didn't wish that for your server but i think that brinks away your players from your server.

Please consider my words and get your idea will you bet your players against your server or leave it as is.

Please read my message as is without any deep context or something. I'm just sharing my point about your idea.

With my regards, man.

6 hours ago, General Zod said:

No I don't always do. Sometimes I need to go the shop and get something for dinner because it was not bought earlier. Or any other valid reason to walk away from the computer. The only bs is the draconian measures some people here want to introduce to deal with small issues in the game that would only work for those who are stuck to the screen all day. If you introduce that measure people will leave this game for good. And how much shit players get from hackers and bugs it's not something the devs should add to the game unless they want to kill it. The guy you were in a stand off logged off. Unfortunate, but ultimately inconsequential, move on. Introduce a longer log out time to minimise it, but don't ruin the experience because of it. 

I would argue more people would play than quit. If you can’t get to a log off spot, then that’s on you. You can always leave and risk being killed. Under no circumstances should you be allowed to just log off anywhere on the map. It completely ruins the immersion of a survival game. No more servers would be emptying out at night. No more combat logging. No more hard logging. No more clearing an area just for someone to spawn in minutes later. This is the only way my son.

On 10/20/2023 at 3:11 PM, General Zod said:

You do know most multiplayer matches in any sports game are shooter takes 30-45min right?

Stop making up excuses, you probably combat log or just want to do some cheap garbage. Anytime i play a game I generally know when I need to get off and you just plan for it.

Every video game punishes you for having a life outside of the game. Just admit you like to take advantage of a cheap element of the game. Rust is a bigger game and you can log off in certain areas. How many survival games let you log off everywhere?

The only way I see it working is if they removed logging off in towns/military/other points of interest with the exception of bases with flags.

Logging off could also play a sound along with a longer timer (30 seconds) and/or black screen/no audio during it.

Having specific log off zones would make players camp those spots.

What bothers me more though is that logging in doesn't make any sounds.
Just making log in have a sound (like a yawn or something) with a possibly longer vulnerable period would make players think twice about logging off at points of interest.

Overall I don't agree with logging off being too restrictive - like you suggested logging off at the edge of the map which is too much... but combat logging IS an issue but who cares at the end of the day.

13 hours ago, Swadedtx said:

You do know most multiplayer matches in any sports game are shooter takes 30-45min right?

Stop making up excuses, you probably combat log or just want to do some cheap garbage. Anytime i play a game I generally know when I need to get off and you just plan for it.

Every video game punishes you for having a life outside of the game. Just admit you like to take advantage of a cheap element of the game. Rust is a bigger game and you can log off in certain areas. How many survival games let you log off everywhere?

And what is the penalty for logging out during the match in the shooter? Slight loss of points or mmr ? Or does your whole progress resets to zero ? It's not the latter is it ? 

I don't combat log, but I also don't try to implement ridiculous measures because someone does.  Increasing the logout time and maybe adding a sound to alert those nearby is more than sufficient. 

• Like 2

Safe zones aren’t practical. If I have to go tend to something irl, like walk a dog or help family — I don’t want to spend over an hour to get to a ‘safe zone’.

Additionally, griefers will just camp the parameters to snipe anyone trying to go to the ‘safe zone’.

My only suggestion to deter combat logging, is the timer be extended to 30s tops. Anything beyond that is ridiculous.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 11:58 AM, WOLVERlNES said:

Safe zones aren’t practical. If I have to go tend to something irl, like walk a dog or help family — I don’t want to spend over an hour to get to a ‘safe zone’.

Additionally, griefers will just camp the parameters to snipe anyone trying to go to the ‘safe zone’.

My only suggestion to deter combat logging, is the timer be extended to 30s tops. Anything beyond that is ridiculous.

That’s why I suggested the entire edge of the map as a log off spot with a few “hotels” throughout the map. It’s impossible to camp the edge of map. As far as camping the “hotels”, every point of interest gets camped. Your idea is useless and is proven not to work. Log off spots is the only way to fix the game.

By the way, I never said anything about safe zones. Only talked about having areas that allow a character to leave the server. I do not believe in safe zones

Edited by Sean_87__

3 hours ago, Sean_87__ said:

Your idea is useless and is proven not to work.

Jokes on you, for I didn’t purpose an idea. I’m fine with logging on/off the way it is.

A log out zone, is a safe zone, that lets a survivor exit the server safely. So, you are preposing safe zones to logout of the server.

If I were to propose a NEW idea — it would be: to prevent critically injured survivors from logging-off at all and just like logging whilst being bound, if a survivor logs for any reason and they’re bleeding, they automatically die and have a fresh spawn next time they play. Server would detect this and leave corpse and gear in-place same as any dead survivor.

Edited by WOLVERlNES
  • Haha 1

On 10/22/2023 at 6:28 AM, DefectiveWater said:

The only way I see it working is if they removed logging off in towns/military/other points of interest with the exception of bases with flags.

Logging off could also play a sound along with a longer timer (30 seconds) and/or black screen/no audio during it.

Having specific log off zones would make players camp those spots.

What bothers me more though is that logging in doesn't make any sounds.
Just making log in have a sound (like a yawn or something) with a possibly longer vulnerable period would make players think twice about logging off at points of interest.

Overall I don't agree with logging off being too restrictive - like you suggested logging off at the edge of the map which is too much... but combat logging IS an issue but who cares at the end of the day.

On 10/22/2023 at 10:58 AM, WOLVERlNES said:

People can camp anywhere, other Survival games do this without a problem. Escape from Tarkov has spots and yes people will occasionally camp spots but it’s not a problem. 

I think most survival games not named Minecraft and DayZ have places where you log off.

By not putting restrictions in thus game you have restricted the use-fullness in the majority of other elements in the game like NVG, bases, and gun fights. 

So tell me again which element do you really think prevents the player-base from growing…. An element that is in most successful loot/survival games like logging out in zones and bases or….. Not being able to use the specialty items you gathered because of this bogus log off everywhere garbage where you can’t even be rewarded with a kill?

Edited by Swadedtx

Why are NVGs useless? We use them when available at night (by we, my friends and I).

We can logout in our bases then log back into our bases.

Why can’t you use your NVGs?

11 hours ago, Swadedtx said:

Escape from Tarkov has spots and yes people will occasionally camp spots but it’s not a problem.

If you ask me that is a problem because it's gamey and cheesy but tarkov has (probably) many other issues apart from that.

11 hours ago, Swadedtx said:

So tell me again which element do you really think prevents the player-base from growing

Slow development cycle as a whole, outdated engine and mechanics, bugs, lags on consoles, lack of indepth basebuilding and crafting, lack of the original DayZ feeling it had pre-0.63...

I don't see how restricting logging off or adding zones will improve the gameplay loop or increase the player base.

I'll stop here because I said all I needed to say on this topic and it's an interesting suggestion, but I mostly disagree with it. I'll let the devs decide if it's a needed feature or not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DefectiveWater said:

If you ask me that is a problem because it's gamey and cheesy but tarkov has (probably) many other issues apart from that.

Slow development cycle as a whole, outdated engine and mechanics, bugs, lags on consoles, lack of indepth basebuilding and crafting, lack of the original DayZ feeling it had pre-0.63...

I don't see how restricting logging off or adding zones will improve the gameplay loop or increase the player base.

I'll stop here because I said all I needed to say on this topic and it's an interesting suggestion, but I mostly disagree with it. I'll let the devs decide if it's a needed feature or not.

honestly dayz it's an original game, it doesn't need spefic spawns points, I think that the suggestion has been made by lazy player, because if you have been a dayz player for over 10 moths you wouldn't suggest this(I'm Not talking to you defectivewater) and obliviusly there would be more spawn campers. 

Edited by I like doing great suggestions

22 hours ago, I like doing great suggestions said:

honestly dayz it's an original game, it doesn't need spefic spawns points, I think that the suggestion has been made by lazy player, because if you have been a dayz player for over 10 moths you wouldn't suggest this(I'm Not talking to you defectivewater) and obliviusly there would be more spawn campers. 

23 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Honestly I might be done with this game I successfully took over someones base and the fact that there are no sleeping bags to that I can destroy to force them to spawn somewhere else and take everything that I successfully raided is trash….

I also think I was killed from someone signing off and signing back on so that they could see through walls….

Yall are trash at videogames for saying some of this garbage….

This isn’t a real game because it has no structure. I like the gun mechanics but the fact that people can just sign on to certain spots is fuckin ridiculous and your trash for making these type of excuses for a broken game. 

Honestly I think yall are morons or cheaters who have never played tactical shooters… 

Edited by Swadedtx

On 10/23/2023 at 11:15 PM, WOLVERlNES said:

Why are NVGs useless? We use them when available at night (by we, my friends and I).

We can logout in our bases then log back into our bases.

Why can’t you use your NVGs?

You can use them to move around but you can’t use them to get a jump on people who log off the moment it becomes night time and the server dies.

Do you people really not understand the reason why this game can’t grow and people stop playing this game?

The logging out is a major issue… On Playstation people just use multiple accounts so they can cheat the system I’m jot even sure I’m going to play this trash ass “game” anymore. Most of yall are cheaters who do cheesy garbage and don’t care about grinding it out on the game.

1 minute ago, Swadedtx said:

You can use them to move around but you can’t use them to get a jump on people who log off the moment it becomes night time and the server dies.

Do you people really not understand the reason why this game can’t grow and people stop playing this game?

The logging out is a major issue… On Playstation people just use multiple accounts so they can cheat the system I’m jot even sure I’m going to play this trash ass “game” anymore. Most of yall are cheaters who do cheesy garbage and don’t care about grinding it out on the game.

bruh u got your base raided or you trusted too much some one? if you are here only to talk shit about dayz then just quit the game, don't make useless opinions, we already know all of that, if a player as a chance to cheat on console he uses it at his advantage, don't be mad, This Is Dayz, the most hated game that people uninstall but then reinstall to get revenge on those people. I have only 500 hundred hours of play but some times you need to die, even if the player is using glitches you can outsmart him. 

And if you think that raiding bases is boring and useless, in with you, because you use more loot to make explode a wall than the loot that you are raiding. 

The game definitely needs log off spots to fix a glaring issue in gameplay. It changes up tactics to a high degree when people have the ability to constantly log off anywhere on the map. Only way to fix this exploit is to have log off locations. The screen should also be completely black until all the assets load in to keep people from “hard logging” on console.

1 hour ago, I like doing great suggestions said:

bruh u got your base raided or you trusted too much some one? if you are here only to talk shit about dayz then just quit the game, don't make useless opinions, we already know all of that, if a player as a chance to cheat on console he uses it at his advantage, don't be mad, This Is Dayz, the most hated game that people uninstall but then reinstall to get revenge on those people. I have only 500 hundred hours of play but some times you need to die, even if the player is using glitches you can outsmart him. 

And if you think that raiding bases is boring and useless, in with you, because you use more loot to make explode a wall than the loot that you are raiding. 

No I raided a base and the owner had alt accounts and logged in and out of the base…

Did you even read? Maybe you’re just slow…

Edited by Swadedtx

20 minutes ago, Swadedtx said:

No I raided a base and the owner had alt accounts and logged in and out of the base…

Did you even read? Maybe you’re just slow…

by that I meant why are you so angry? I didnt refer at the raid, how manu hours you got on dayz?