Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.23 (Change Log)

On 10/5/2023 at 9:21 AM, Pyongo Bongo said:

Amazing update!

Except for the new gas zone exclusivity of SVD and FAL. The exclusivity of suppressors alone is TERRIBLE. Ontop of that comes AKM M4 SVD AND FAL sadly. Really really terrible.

My first thought about the low tier assault rifles being moved up in the tiers is also very negative, will play with it and see.

These two changes have made the already extremely boring and predictable looting even more boring and predictable.

For example I simply NEVER loot Kamenka evac because I KNOW it does not spawn platecarriers. I ALWAYS go to Zelenogorsk instead for that sole reason.

And since now it does not presumably spawn assault rifles AT ALL i will go there even neverer.

The opposite of this was the addition of random convoys with top loot. That really spiced up travelling and looting and gave you rare unexpected moments of epic loot.

Which you won't have at any other millitary base, because you know EXACTLY ONLY the given tier loot will spawn. Why not give a low little chance of a gas zone, heli or simply higher tier weapon to spawn? The loot progression will be intact and the boredom, predictability and straight up skipping of certain areas / bases will also be deincentivised.

Also no matter what you put in the gas zones, you will not get me to go there.

It was really cool the first time. Then all it was was a forced un-fun gameplay loop of lugging NBC clothing and loot cycleing. I do not understand the forcing of players into the gas zones, this does not feel like DayZ to me.

I never use M4 and I have not had an AKM in YEARS, simply because of how much I dislike the gas zone NBC collection loop and doing anything else is more fun and still viable.

I love everything else though! 😄 (No opinion on group spawning yet, it SOUNDS nice. Have not experienced).

I always love the combination of epic new toys (DMR), new levels and depth of detail in the game (all those sounds and AMAZING! clouds), ultra nostalgic DayZ stuff (DMR) and random crazy yet functional stuff (not in this update, examples are mummy outfit, burning broom, knight amror)

And all the quality of life and fixes ontop!

For free! 😄 And funny glitches 😉

I won't extremely pick apart your opinions because I appreciate all opinions and feedback even if doesn't align with mine.

Aug Ax, Svd, Lar becoming gas zone only does suck 100% agree.

Suppressors being rare and gas zone only is great, if they too easy to acquire and everyone and their mother had one, you'd never hear gun shots, have experienced this high pop where they everywhere to loot, even way before network bubble gun sound bug was a thing and fixed.

Bottle suppressors shouldn't even exist or be a thing, so fake and a meme.

Gas zone while hated by many is easy, spawn berezino loot both medical places and fire station, if don't have full set go to NEAF medical tents, epi-pen into gas jump on container farm infected for more filters, loot every single container inside and outside of boat walk out gas zone nearby as a fresh spawn with some of best guns easy lol. 🤣

"It is dumb TBH, but that update was to increase foot traffic inland and back to coast, just like helicopter sounds increase chance of pvp, and dynamic gas strikes push people out into the open".

That whole update was to truly just increase chance of crossing paths with other players.

South west evac and Zelenogorsk both tier 3, I think floor spawning plates tier 4 only and only 2 floor spawns? But you forgetting heavy military zeds having chance to have plate too, albeit they don't spawn often.

Helicopters, military trains, and military convoys will still be somewhat viable to loot if find one rather then purely skipping TBF.

Edited by Drift13b88
  • Beans 1

@Kyiara

Hey!

Could you check with the team, for the modding community, how we can actually set up the thing that is mentioned below?
We've noticed that after previous patch the sky became purple, but honestly we have no idea how to update that horizon on a world load? And I personally can't find any sources for it in tutorials related to Arma/Dayz modding.

Fixed: Sky was purple in buldozer under circumstances where the weather was not being updated due to horizon not being initially set on world load

@Kyiara, thank you for such great news but I have two tricky question about M14:

1st: Why M14 has no way (and slot) to attach Bayonet (that might be funny to see around in the game but model has no point for mounting bayonet even if through the config add bayonet slot. Nevertheless in DayZ there's M9A1 Bayonet i think that wasn't very important that it using not original one i guess).

And the last one: I'm not sure but it's kinda odd to see the 1 second character's stumb while reloading rifle with the mags. It happens when character detaching empty one, attaching new one mag, thinking for a second about mathematical problems of humanity finally understood that bold is still open and only then closing it.

P.S. I know it's with small amount of humour and I don't want to offend anyone, but may you please tell about bayonet attaching ability for M14 and that odd second between attaching and closing bolt moment to the devs please.

With my regards.

• Beans 1

Great update. Love it. Thanks devs. I see there is some new sound effects. If I can, I would also like to hear the following sounds effects:

Ccan you also extend time of cutting people up? Cutting people shouldn't be so quick and easy in my opinion and not so common. Same goes for sewing things. Sewing clothes and armors during fights is kinda lame. Animation should be longer. 

And using duct tape for repairing clothes and shoes is weird in my opinion. Or at least make it like you cannot get repair clothes and shoes in worn state.

Edited by kevo1414
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

On 10/6/2023 at 6:55 AM, branti said:

Hi i run a dayz exp server linux.  After this update it have very high cpu usage. I even tryed to lowering fps to 60 but same result. 

Definitely an issue. Been hosting servers for numerous years, this experimental patch is utilising 25% more CPU (intel) than the previous experimental updates. My CPU is cooking… literally.

@Kyiara
Can we please have  this addressed ASAP as its very important to get this sorted. Can we also please get some acknowledgement that you guys are aware of the issue.

Loving this update by the way thank you guys. 🧡🙂

Edited by Getsome
removed branti's CPU image
  • Like 1

base on airfield is in the air now ,you can walk under fence. vehicles are on ground. there is no access to seachest anymore. can walk thru barrels.sun makes shadow in the sky. last main server update M1025 drives better than this experimental update.

at least sky looks great 🙂

ubuntu experimental server.

Edited by aare-ed1061e284861b62
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/5/2023 at 1:29 PM, Sileed said:

@Kyiara https://feedback.bistudio.com/T173566 shows fixed (again) for 1.23 but not in patch notes.  Omission or didn't actually make the build?

Hi, it was a very minor change, so it was not included in the patch notes, but it's fixed.

On 10/5/2023 at 1:32 PM, Equals_DG said:

Any news with https://feedback.bistudio.com/T175110 crash  ? 

The fix is planned for 1.23 but the team is still working on it.

On 10/5/2023 at 6:33 PM, Kathosky said:

The new daylight skybox in Chernarus is static most of the time, at least the 30 minutes I played. It felt as a static texture. A step backwards from the old one, even though the texture is better definitely.

In Livonia played for another 30 minutes and the day skybox with fluffy scattered clouds were moving which is great, but they were moving in circles around my character, feeling like the world clouds (sky) is spinning around Livonia. I didn't feel right to me, very weird indeed.

Even though I thought the skybox needed a rework, this is a step back. It feels either too static, or very weird when see the sky spinning around your character point of view.

I was very excited about the rework, I feel there is still work to do. I would not even push it to stable in this state.

I could not experience night skybox, will update in once I have the chance.

Hi, this is being looked into.
There is still plenty of work to do during the Experimental stage, that is why we have it. 😉 

On 10/5/2023 at 6:53 PM, exwoll said:

The glitch with lights disappearing with optics/zoom https://feedback.bistudio.com/T141577  was marked as solved a couple weeks ago, yet its not in the changelong. Was it fixed?

@Kyiara

Hey, this was fixed with 1.22. Again, very minor tweaks are not being mentioned in the changelog.

On 10/5/2023 at 9:55 PM, branti said:

Hi i run a dayz exp server linux.  After this update it have very high cpu usage. I even tryed to lowering fps to 60 but same result. 

>>>>>Picture cpu usage<<<<<

Hi, noted. If you would have a ticket number, please, let me know and I would add it to the feedback.

On 10/5/2023 at 11:27 PM, Draowyr said:

Great update! Hopefully the stable rollout will be less of a problem than 1.22 🙂 Are you planning to provide more details on the group system? I don't really understand how it works.

Hi, this was explained by Adam during the stream. This testing is at the very beginning and as he explains - it's more like "an experiment" now.
Feedback is higly appreciated.

On 10/6/2023 at 8:05 AM, H_B_D said:

Hi. It is very cool. There is NO example of the contents of the cfgPlayerSpawnGear.json file in your documentation.

I will check and get back to you.👍

On 10/8/2023 at 12:50 PM, Kuzyn. said:

@Kyiara

Hey!

Could you check with the team, for the modding community, how we can actually set up the thing that is mentioned below?
We've noticed that after previous patch the sky became purple, but honestly we have no idea how to update that horizon on a world load? And I personally can't find any sources for it in tutorials related to Arma/Dayz modding.

Hi, I will get back to you on this.

On 10/9/2023 at 12:45 AM, Sid Debian said:

@Kyiara, thank you for such great news but I have two tricky question about M14:

1st: Why M14 has no way (and slot) to attach Bayonet (that might be funny to see around in the game but model has no point for mounting bayonet even if through the config add bayonet slot. Nevertheless in DayZ there's M9A1 Bayonet i think that wasn't very important that it using not original one i guess).

And the last one: I'm not sure but it's kinda odd to see the 1 second character's stumb while reloading rifle with the mags. It happens when character detaching empty one, attaching new one mag, thinking for a second about mathematical problems of humanity finally understood that bold is still open and only then closing it.

P.S. I know it's with small amount of humour and I don't want to offend anyone, but may you please tell about bayonet attaching ability for M14 and that odd second between attaching and closing bolt moment to the devs please.

With my regards.

Feedback forwarded, thank you.

16 hours ago, kevo1414 said:

Great update. Love it. Thanks devs. I see there is some new sound effects. If I can, I would also like to hear the following sounds effects:

Ccan you also extend time of cutting people up? Cutting people shouldn't be so quick and easy in my opinion and not so common. Same goes for sewing things. Sewing clothes and armors during fights is kinda lame. Animation should be longer. 

And using duct tape for repairing clothes and shoes is weird in my opinion. Or at least make it like you cannot get repair clothes and shoes in worn state.

Hi, feedback forwarded.
Regarding the duct tape... personal opinion - you can fix EVERYTHING with a duct tape! 😄 You should see how many friends of mine used duct tape on their motorbike suits and shoes (riding with it for months) 😄 And obvioulsy not just them. Just sayin' 🙂 

5 hours ago, Getsome said:

Definitely an issue. Been hosting servers for numerous years, this experimental patch is utilising 25% more CPU (intel) than the previous experimental updates. My CPU is cooking… literally.

@Kyiara
Can we please have  this addressed ASAP as its very important to get this sorted. Can we also please get some acknowledgement that you guys are aware of the issue.

Loving this update by the way thank you guys. 🧡🙂

Awaiting Internal Testing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, Kyiara said:

On 10/5/2023 at 6:33 PM, Kathosky said:

The new daylight skybox in Chernarus is static most of the time, at least the 30 minutes I played. It felt as a static texture. A step backwards from the old one, even though the texture is better definitely.

In Livonia played for another 30 minutes and the day skybox with fluffy scattered clouds were moving which is great, but they were moving in circles around my character, feeling like the world clouds (sky) is spinning around Livonia. I didn't feel right to me, very weird indeed.

Even though I thought the skybox needed a rework, this is a step back. It feels either too static, or very weird when see the sky spinning around your character point of view.

I was very excited about the rework, I feel there is still work to do. I would not even push it to stable in this state.

I could not experience night skybox, will update in once I have the chance.

Hi, this is being looked into.
There is still plenty of work to do during the Experimental stage, that is why we have it. 😉 

Perfect. I was just about to update my feedback when I saw your answer, and so I just did in the ticket. Thank you. I hope it helps.

I hope you guys don't mind if I bump this old feature here that's been bugging me for ages: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T162418 In short, drinking from a well while having bloody hands covered with gloves will cause the survivor to catch cholera. This seems odd that the gloves will only prevent the salmonella from the same action but not cholera.

Should be a quick fix if this isn't intented behaviour.

Edited by BosmoR
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

On airfield stuff spawns in places where before were building, now just runway or just empty land. zombies walking in middle off nowhere.

Edited by aare-ed1061e284861b62
  • Like 1

Feedback on new spawning system:

We see a potential real issue, especially when servers first come online when 1.23 - there will be a wipe, so player connections will be high when 1.23 releases.  Under the new system for the first 360 seconds ALL players will spawn in the same area.  That's not going to be good... 🙂 Even without the chaos of coastal PvP, the resources to survive in that area will be extremely stressed and not fun.
Even without that particular scenario respawning at the tail end of that spawn period will be even more pronounced - we've all logged into a town and be just following someone with all the useful loot already gone.  Players will be unable to escape this location until the spawn timer expires, where they will once again compete with everyone looking to spawn at that time.

Another potential issue - is run backs to combat near the coast.  It's already an issue but this will only enhance it if the spawn location is close to the combat during that window.

A few questions:

Many of the player spawn points have been removed with this change (89 points to 41).  If we set the file to <enablegroups>false</enablegroups> to not use the group feature - are we then still limited to those 41 spawn points? It seems we would be.

Are the groups randomized when it switches or does it move down the list presented in cfgplayerspawnpoints.xml?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

When connecting to an experimental server from the 1st person, Dayz EU - DE constantly throws an error 0x00020009, my friends have the same.

3 hours ago, Riki68 said:

When connecting to an experimental server from the 1st person, Dayz EU - DE constantly throws an error 0x00020009, my friends have the same.

Same here. There is a thread in the tracker and it was posted on twitter that the devs are aware. That said i have not found a way to play exp beyond a short stint on a community server. I would gladly accept my character being killed in the matrix if it meant playing again. I found one thread with a guy who was having this issue years ago on a community server and having the character killed by admin solved it.

2 hours ago, penguin511 said:

Same here. There is a thread in the tracker and it was posted on twitter that the devs are aware. That said i have not found a way to play exp beyond a short stint on a community server. I would gladly accept my character being killed in the matrix if it meant playing again. I found one thread with a guy who was having this issue years ago on a community server and having the character killed by admin solved it.

5 hours ago, Riki68 said:

Guys, try this maybe: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T175914#2512102

PC Experimental 1.23 Update 2 - Version 1.23.156843 (Release on 12.10.2023)

GAME

FIXED

• The sea chest did not have visible inventory space
  • Triggering a bear trap would prevent the character from using emotes and placing items
  • When attaching plugged-in Xmas lights to a tent, a ghost model of the lights would appear inside of the tent
  • Padded gloves could not be damaged while on the ground
  • Padded gloves would end on their side when thrown
  • Fixed instances of clipping of items with the padded gloves
  • The winter coif could slide indefinitely when thrown
  • It was possible to push cars from unreasonable distances and directions
  • Fixed instances of clipping of items with the Petushok hat
  • When entering a server password, the bottom left corner would show "Context toolbar" at the bottom right
  • Fixed individual animation glitches for the DMR
  • The DMR did not have the correct item health
  • Shadows under bright night setting were too dark

CHANGED

• Tweaked the lighting config

CHERNARUS

• Fixed minor clipping issues on the Vybor Air Base (NWAF)

LIVONIA

• Fixed: Infected did not spawn loot

LAUNCHER

• Fixed: The launcher would not update correctly when re-enabling the Livonia DLC
  • Fixed: The launcher would not display properly when stretched extra wide (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T174744)
  • Fixed: It was possible to start the game from the launcher without accepting the BattlEye license

MODDING

• Changed: Exposed 'moonDayIntensity' and 'moonNightIntensity' in 'DefaultLighting' to config, previously hardcoded in 1.22 and earlier as 1.0 and 5.0 respectively

KNOWN ISSUES

• When entering a false password, access to the server might be prevented until server restart - a fix is in internal testing

right now i see only 2 experimental servers and i cannot join any of them because game tells me that my client version is outdated.

how can i fix this?

nvm its the update i guess 😄

Edited by realzoro
  • Like 1

Didn't see this mentioned in the patch update notes but it seems that the excessive CPU usage problem has been fixed for those hosting servers. Thank you! 🙂

Waterbottles spawn at the Military, weapons supply crate (StaticObj_Misc_SupplyBox2_DE, I think because Waterbottles have no category or usage flags
also spawning at StaticHeliCrash

• Beans 1

It seems like cooking sounds are bugged, as soon as I start baking food (either at a campfire with a sharpened stick, or at a fireplace indoors) the sound of the food burning plays as soon as the food starts cooking.

The sound doesn't change once the food is baked either, just the burning sound all the way through.

Haven't seen this reported yet, so thought I'd create an account to post it here, is anyone else experiencing this?

• Beans 1

Ever feel like some game updates are a déjà vu moment? Like you've seen them in a mod before? Well, that's exactly the vibe I got with the latest changes! Now, I'm all for enhancements, but let’s be original, shall we?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for occasional tweaks and patches. But when every major update feels like hitting the reset button on your progress? It's like binging your favorite TV show, only to be told you need to rewatch from season 1. Makes you question, is the thrill of the game still worth the chase?

Okay, Now time for a Pow-Wow-

I get it, innovation is exhilarating. Every coder loves to dabble in the new and shiny, but sometimes, it's the basics that need a little TLC. The nuts and bolts, if you will. We, the ever-loyal gamers, have been cruising alongside you, cheering for every leap forward. But it feels like we've hit a few speed bumps on this digital highway.

Listen, I'm not saying to stop dreaming big or to halt the pursuit of next-level gaming experiences. But think of it this way: what's a sleek car with all the bells and whistles worth if it has a shaky engine or a flat tire? The foundation, the core game play, that's the heart of the experience. Glitches? They're the unexpected potholes we didn’t sign up for.

You've journeyed long, you've journeyed hard, and the path has been illuminated with feedback and player insights. With all the wisdom gathered, isn't it time to roll up those sleeves and get down to some good ol' fashioned debugging?

Every masterpiece deserves a final polish. We believe in the vision, we revel in the world you've built. Now, let's make it shine without a stutter or glitch in sight. Because in the end, a smooth ride makes for a far more epic journey.

V

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

19 hours ago, Getsome said:

Didn't see this mentioned in the patch update notes but it seems that the excessive CPU usage problem has been fixed for those hosting servers. Thank you! 🙂

Hi, as mentioned here, but the team still has some work to do regarding this issue.

On 10/10/2023 at 9:38 PM, Sileed said:

A few questions:

Many of the player spawn points have been removed with this change (89 points to 41).  If we set the file to <enablegroups>false</enablegroups> to not use the group feature - are we then still limited to those 41 spawn points? It seems we would be.

Are the groups randomized when it switches or does it move down the list presented in cfgplayerspawnpoints.xml?

If you disable group spawning with <enablegroups>false, it should be spawning them on regular spawnpoint of a given group (fresh/respawn, server hop, map travel), i.e. the number of default spawnpoints for each given group remains unchanged. Although there is currently an issue where setting each of the three groups to false leads to incorrect spawning positions altogether - the team is aware of it and is working on a fix.
You can check the documentation here and change the files yourself. In the meantime, while we are working on a fix, you can use the old configuration, which can be found on github.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 1:19 PM, kevo1414 said:

Same goes for sewing things. Sewing clothes and armors during fights is kinda lame. Animation should be longer. 

Badly Damaged and Pristine Armor provides the same damage and shock protection until ruined.

Only footwear that can use duct tape is wellies rubber boots. "Repairing all other shoes with duct tape was removed from game ages ago"

You can not repair footwear or clothing beyond worn, only rag shoes and clothing.

"Possibly soft skills let you repair other stuff beyond worn, but in 7k hours playing I've never hit that threshold" So idk if myth or not.

Edited by Drift13b88

When will you be able to cook rice in your “wonderful” game? Or are you just pistols and will you add automatics? Is this really a game about “survival” and not military PvP? Why is construction in the game so garbage? Are you not going to change it either? Or do we need to wait another 10 years?

• Thanks 3