Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.23 (Change Log)

PC Experimental 1.23 Update 1 - Version 1.23.156797 (Release on 05.10.2023)

A Humble Request to Community

• Despite our rigorous QA process, given the extensive nature of these changes, we anticipate there may be some unfound bugs or issues. This is where our incredible community comes in! We humbly request that if you come across any quirks or issues, please let us know. Your keen eyes and passionate feedback have always been an essential part of our development process, and we deeply appreciate your continued support and collaboration. 

NOTES

• Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME ADDED

• Characters can now push vehicles
  • Designated marksman rifle (DMR) with 10- and 20-round magazines
  • Field Shovel
  • Padded Gloves
  • Winter Coif
  • OKZK hat
  • Petushok hat
  • Firefighter M3S Wreck
  • The server browser now displays the number of players in the waiting queue
  • Sound for deploying fireplaces and improvised explosives
  • Sounds for crafting rags
  • Sounds for washing hands
  • Sounds for locked valve doors
  • Sounds for cutting planks
  • Sounds for (un)equipping the pipe wrench
  • Sounds for pulling corpses from vehicles
  • Sounds for placing a claymore mine
  • Sounds for placing and arming the improvised explosive
  • Sounds for crafting fireplaces
  • Sounds for crafting a hand drill
  • Functionality to hide/show the password when entering servers

FIXED

CHANGED

• Major overhaul of the skybox and its textures
  • Reworked the interior of the large castle tower
  • Removed a redundant sound during the gas canister explosion
  • Disabled shadows for fireworks and reduced their light radius to reduce their performance impact
  • Increased maximum bandwidth limits of Client->Server traffic to reduce movement desync when firing weapons
  • Updated the game credits
  • Renamed the fire-mode of the crossbow from semi-auto to single (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T174788)
  • The clutch for the M3S now triggers faster
  • Increased the inertia of the M3S
  • Slightly adjusted the weight of the M1025 Offroad to be able to climb climbing hills
  • Adjusted explosion sounds and ranges
  • Tweaked red tracer bullets for better visibility (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T173456)
  • Adjusted vehicles for better control on grass

CENTRAL ECONOMY

• Changed: Reduced the spawning of warm hats to account for newly added items

CHERNARUS

• Added: Overhead lines for the railway network
  • Changed: Major overhaul for the Vybor Air Base (NWAF)
  • Changed: Moved ASVAL and VSS spawns from contaminated areas to high tier military areas and increased their numbers
  • Changed: Moved VSD and FAL to contaminated area spawns and decreased their numbers
  • Changed: Moved KA74, KA74U and M16A2 to higher military tier spawns

LIVONIA

• Changed: Base building items can no longer be placed in the Livonia underground
  • Changed: Moved ASVAL and VSS spawns from contaminated areas to high tier military areas and increased their numbers
  • Changed: Moved VSD and Aug from military to contaminated area spawns and decreased their numbers

SERVER

• Added: Group Spawning system (documentation)
  • Added: cfgPlayerSpawnGear.json to assign gear for players to spawn with (documentation)
  • Added: New gameplay json parameter to disallow items spawning in underground areas (documentation)
  • Added: Gameplay config ability to disable respawn of unconscious players from the in-game menu (documentation)
  • Fixed a typo related to vehicleparts resulting in CE errors

LAUNCHER

• Added: The server browser now displays the number of players in the waiting queue
  • Added: DLC section
  • Fixed: Traditional Chinese language was not properly functioning

MODDING

• Added: 'Object.GetActionComponentsForSelectionName', 'Object.GetActionComponentCenter', 'Object.GetActionComponentCenterOOB' and 'Object.GetActionComponentMinMax'
  • Added: Expanded on the Door API for Building, adding in events, state accessors and getting the maximum door count
  • Added: "space" panorama layer
  • Added: "atmosphere" panorama layer, deprecated "sky" panorama layer
  • Added: Renamed "horizon" panorama layer, deprecated "horizont" panorama layer
  • Added: "spaceIntensity" to weather config, controls brightness of space texture
  • Added: "atmosphereIntensity" to weather config, controls how much of the atmosphere is visible
  • Added: Diag menu "DayZ render > Sky" for disabling individual parts of the sky (documentation)
  • Added: Script Editor: Dropdown 'Build' > 'New Errors Are Warnings', works same as command parameter '-NewErrorsAreWarnings=1'
  • Added: 'HumanInputController.OverrideFreeLook' to force enable/disable freelook
  • Fixed: Attached sounds would play at the origin of the parent when offset
  • Fixed: r-value would be ignored when finding a function to be called, i.e. a static function could be called through any variable like 'GetGame().SpawnEntity' where 'SpawnEntity' is a static global function
  • Fixed: Sky was purple in buldozer under circumstances where the weather was not being updated due to horizon not being initially set on world load
  • Changed:  Streamlined the deploy sound playback script implementation
  • Changed: 'Object.GetBonePivot' now supports memory lod, added 'Object.GetMemoryLevel'
  • Changed: Moved 'string.Get' and 'string.Set' to native for slight performance improvement
  • Changed: Moved "starsIntensity" to lighting config to configure at each sun angle
  • Changed: 'LightingNew' config will now ignore any class that starts with 'Default', can be used for inheriting default parameters amongst sun angle/height/overcast groups
  • Changed: Config entries that expect a color now support a single float value as a grayscale entry without alpha (e.g. LightingNew diffuse entry)
  • Changed: 'HumanInputController' overriding supports 'HumanInputControllerOverrideType' to allow overriding a value for only one input frame 

KNOWN ISSUES

• Server connection might be rejected with error message 0x00020009 - we are looking for exact reproduction steps
  • The DMR might have glitched animations while shooting in prone - a fix is in internal testing
  • The sun and moon are not in all cases displayed as desired
  • When entering a false password, access to the server might be prevented until server restart
  • Cars can be pushed from far away or from the roof - a fix is in internal testing

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PC Experimental 1.23 Update 2 - Version 1.23.156843 (Release on 12.10.2023)

GAME

FIXED

• The sea chest did not have visible inventory space
  • Triggering a bear trap would prevent the character from using emotes and placing items
  • When attaching plugged-in Xmas lights to a tent, a ghost model of the lights would appear inside of the tent
  • Padded gloves could not be damaged while on the ground
  • Padded gloves would end on their side when thrown
  • Fixed instances of clipping of items with the padded gloves
  • The winter coif could slide indefinitely when thrown
  • It was possible to push cars from unreasonable distances and directions
  • Fixed instances of clipping of items with the Petushok hat
  • When entering a server password, the bottom left corner would show "Context toolbar" at the bottom right
  • Fixed individual animation glitches for the DMR
  • The DMR did not have the correct item health
  • Shadows under bright night setting were too dark

CHANGED

• Tweaked the lighting config

CHERNARUS

• Fixed minor clipping issues on the Vybor Air Base (NWAF)

LIVONIA

• Fixed: Infected did not spawn loot

LAUNCHER

• Fixed: The launcher would not update correctly when re-enabling the Livonia DLC
  • Fixed: The launcher would not display properly when stretched extra wide (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T174744)
  • Fixed: It was possible to start the game from the launcher without accepting the BattlEye license

MODDING

• Changed: Exposed 'moonDayIntensity' and 'moonNightIntensity' in 'DefaultLighting' to config, previously hardcoded in 1.22 and earlier as 1.0 and 5.0 respectively 

KNOWN ISSUES

• When entering a false password, access to the server might be prevented until server restart - a fix is in internal testing

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PC Experimental 1.23 Update 3 - Version 1.23.156896 (Release on 26.10.2023)

GAME

FIXED

• The DMR was missing dry fire sounds
  • The DMR was playing an incorrect unjamming sound
  • The DMR was playing an incorrect sound when chambering the first bullet after magazine reload
  • Items with on/off functionality could break when put in hands by holding F
  • The winter coif stop being rendered at too close of a distance
  • Textures of some concrete slabs were flickering
  • Vehicles would keep driving after their driver died
  • It was possible to stack individual items into each other indefinitely
  • Fixed instances of inventory desync resulting from actions happening at the edge of a player's network bubble
  • Fixed instances of desync resulting in other players temporarily freezing outside of the network bubble
  • Some collisions in the new castle tower were problematic to navigate
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed to walk through walls (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T176156 - private)
  • A character could get stuck on ladders through certain actions

CHANGED

• Changed Bashnaya basement furniture
  • Increased the initial muzzle velocity of the DMR
  • Gave a degree of chemical protection to the OKZK cap
  • Improved display of the horizon

CENTRAL ECONOMY

• Tweaked: Bashnaya barracks underground will now spawn medical loot
  • Tweaked: Reduced amount of Yellow NBC spawning in hospitals and fire stations
  • Tweaked: Reduced lifetime of contaminated loot + added restock values
  • Tweaked: Adjusted Chernarus and Enoch spawn points

CHERNARUS

• Fixed: Individual environment issues at the Vybor Air Base (NWAF)
  • Removed:  Spawn points from inside the pond in East Chernogorsk

LIVONIA

• Fixed: A police situation vehicle at Lukow was spawned on water

SERVER

• Fixed: PlayerSpawnGear: handles error while the cfgGameplay loading is disabled
  • Fixed: Items spawned by CE as attachments are not affected by quantity min and max set in types.xml (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T171237)
  • Fixed: Certain spawnabletypes.xml setups could crash the server (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T168256)
  • Changed: PlayerSpawnGear: support for loading of multiple files; slight JSON structure change; file error/validation

LAUNCHER

• The launcher would crash when navigating to the DLC tab

MODDING

• Fixed: Deprecated "physical" cloud layer would z-fight on AMD GPUs, fixed for backwards compatibility with old worlds
  • Fixed: Revert of global function 'FileExist' returning false for absolute paths in Workbench Environment (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T175958)
  • Tweaked: method/variable naming according to guidelines

CONSOLES

• Fixed: The tooltip for "save character" was fully capitalized
  • Changed: Improved display of the sun halo

PC Experimental 1.23 Update 4 - Version 1.23.157045 (Release on 21.11.2023)

GAME

FIXED

CHANGED

• Reduced the intensity of god-rays

SERVER

LAUNCHER

• Fixed: Sever details in the server browser claimed a missing Livonia DLC for servers not running Livonia
  • Fixed: Closing the server details in the server browser unfocused the launcher

MODDING

• Added: New 'godrayStrength' entry to 'CfgWeather' item to replace 'through' entry for controlling godrays only. For backwards compatibility 'through' is used when not defined in 'CfgWeather' item
  • Fixed: Bullet Physics Library shape tests in Camera Solver or exposed in script class 'DayZPhysics' wouldn't appropriately ignore objects that have a skeleton (i.e. HouseNoDestruct)
  • Changed: Object.GetDebugName(void) now calls Object.GetDebugNameNative(void)
  • Changed: Object.GetDebugName(Object) now calls Object.GetDebugName(void)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

I'm quite sad that new M3S won't be drivable. There is a need for some bigger vehicle for more than 2 people, maybe in the future? 😃

I'm looking forward to test new skybox and that push feature for cars.

• Beans 1

Fix the zombie AI please.

Sick of being stuck, glitched in a wall or door, unable to do anything and getting beaten to death by zeds.

Also zeds, when running at you, glitching through you, and getting hit from behind often resulting in an instant cut.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kuzyn. said:

There is a need for some bigger vehicle for more than 2 people, maybe in the future? 😃

We need a truck with an open loading area where you can move around and shoot while driving.

• Like 2

Amazing update!

Except for the new gas zone exclusivity of SVD and FAL. The exclusivity of suppressors alone is TERRIBLE. Ontop of that comes AKM M4 SVD AND FAL sadly. Really really terrible.

My first thought about the low tier assault rifles being moved up in the tiers is also very negative, will play with it and see.

These two changes have made the already extremely boring and predictable looting even more boring and predictable.

For example I simply NEVER loot Kamenka evac because I KNOW it does not spawn platecarriers. I ALWAYS go to Zelenogorsk instead for that sole reason.

And since now it does not presumably spawn assault rifles AT ALL i will go there even neverer.

The opposite of this was the addition of random convoys with top loot. That really spiced up travelling and looting and gave you rare unexpected moments of epic loot.

Which you won't have at any other millitary base, because you know EXACTLY ONLY the given tier loot will spawn. Why not give a low little chance of a gas zone, heli or simply higher tier weapon to spawn? The loot progression will be intact and the boredom, predictability and straight up skipping of certain areas / bases will also be deincentivised.

Also no matter what you put in the gas zones, you will not get me to go there.

It was really cool the first time. Then all it was was a forced un-fun gameplay loop of lugging NBC clothing and loot cycleing. I do not understand the forcing of players into the gas zones, this does not feel like DayZ to me.

I never use M4 and I have not had an AKM in YEARS, simply because of how much I dislike the gas zone NBC collection loop and doing anything else is more fun and still viable.

I love everything else though! 😄 (No opinion on group spawning yet, it SOUNDS nice. Have not experienced).

I always love the combination of epic new toys (DMR), new levels and depth of detail in the game (all those sounds and AMAZING! clouds), ultra nostalgic DayZ stuff (DMR) and random crazy yet functional stuff (not in this update, examples are mummy outfit, burning broom, knight amror)

And all the quality of life and fixes ontop!

For free! 😄 And funny glitches 😉

Edited by Pyongo Bongo

great update just alone for the skybox!

@pyongo bongo i completly disagree and they should move even more firearms to higher loot tiers.

why? because right now the meta is: spawn, find a shotgun within a few minutes and start blasting. repeater? skorpion? a sporter?? a derringer???? hahaha... noone needs this cos theres already the shotguns.

its the same with mid tier guns like sks or baby ak.... just increase the amount of time we have to use the lower tier weapons before. same with high tier rifles like mosin, savannah, blaze or tundra... those shouldnt exist near the coast, nor should there be convoys.

kamenka evac and zelenogorsk is tier 3: baby ak, ak74, m16 and platecarriers can spawn there already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The new daylight skybox in Chernarus is static most of the time, at least the 30 minutes I played. It felt as a static texture. A step backwards from the old one, even though the texture is better definitely.

In Livonia played for another 30 minutes and the day skybox with fluffy scattered clouds were moving which is great, but they were moving in circles around my character, feeling like the world clouds (sky) is spinning around Livonia. I didn't feel right to me, very weird indeed.

Even though I thought the skybox needed a rework, this is a step back. It feels either too static, or very weird when see the sky spinning around your character point of view.

I was very excited about the rework, I feel there is still work to do. I would not even push it to stable in this state.

I could not experience night skybox, will update in once I have the chance.

4 hours ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

Amazing update!

Except for the new gas zone exclusivity of SVD and FAL. The exclusivity of suppressors alone is TERRIBLE. Ontop of that comes AKM M4 SVD AND FAL sadly. Really really terrible.

My first thought about the low tier assault rifles being moved up in the tiers is also very negative, will play with it and see.

These two changes have made the already extremely boring and predictable looting even more boring and predictable.

For example I simply NEVER loot Kamenka evac because I KNOW it does not spawn platecarriers. I ALWAYS go to Zelenogorsk instead for that sole reason.

And since now it does not presumably spawn assault rifles AT ALL i will go there even neverer.

The opposite of this was the addition of random convoys with top loot. That really spiced up travelling and looting and gave you rare unexpected moments of epic loot.

Which you won't have at any other millitary base, because you know EXACTLY ONLY the given tier loot will spawn. Why not give a low little chance of a gas zone, heli or simply higher tier weapon to spawn? The loot progression will be intact and the boredom, predictability and straight up skipping of certain areas / bases will also be deincentivised.

Also no matter what you put in the gas zones, you will not get me to go there.

It was really cool the first time. Then all it was was a forced un-fun gameplay loop of lugging NBC clothing and loot cycleing. I do not understand the forcing of players into the gas zones, this does not feel like DayZ to me.

I never use M4 and I have not had an AKM in YEARS, simply because of how much I dislike the gas zone NBC collection loop and doing anything else is more fun and still viable.

I love everything else though! 😄 (No opinion on group spawning yet, it SOUNDS nice. Have not experienced).

I always love the combination of epic new toys (DMR), new levels and depth of detail in the game (all those sounds and AMAZING! clouds), ultra nostalgic DayZ stuff (DMR) and random crazy yet functional stuff (not in this update, examples are mummy outfit, burning broom, knight amror)

And all the quality of life and fixes ontop!

For free! 😄 And funny glitches 😉

Totally disagree with you.

If you dont like the gas zone fine. But you cannot accommodate the game to you

You need to find a gun and go north. Survive and adapt.

I see a skill issue if you have no touch big guns in years. 

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Astalonte said:

I go north all the time. I have SVDs and LARs coming out of my ears to the point where its ridiculous. And the people I meet have tons of SVDs and FALs too. I wouldnt mind them being more rare. I have not had an AKM in years because nobody brings it out of the gas zone and I rarely go there because of how boring and repetitive the NBC collecting is.

I rarely have an M4 because its only in the gas zone. If I wanted to I could get many M4s by looting the gas again and again but it is not fun, THATS why I dont get to use many M4s. The AKM never gets used because it is limited to the gas while not even being special.

Edited by Pyongo Bongo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New sky is amazing. Thank you.

It may sound insignificant on paper, but it is one of those visual elements which if missing, makes the whole picture off.

• Beans 1

big fan here since OFP, I'm so glad there is still work and love in this game

thanks for the patch, can't wait for DMR

Edited by waffen
content

Hi i run a dayz exp server linux.  After this update it have very high cpu usage. I even tryed to lowering fps to 60 but same result. 

>>>>>Picture cpu usage<<<<<

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

I go north all the time. I have SVDs and LARs coming out of my ears to the point where its ridiculous. And the people I meet have tons of SVDs and FALs too. I wouldnt mind them being more rare. I have not had an AKM in years because nobody brings it out of the gas zone and I rarely go there because of how boring and repetitive the NBC collecting is.

I rarely have an M4 because its only in the gas zone. If I wanted to I could get many M4s by looting the gas again and again but it is not fun, THATS why I dont get to use many M4s. The AKM never gets used because it is limited to the gas while not even being special.

Agree with this. AK74 is by far the most popular gun in my experience because everything else is too much effort in comparison.

I personally preferred the old style loot system. 10 M4s, etc on the map, tier 3 spawns. That made most militaries worth visiting as you could get lucky, there was a risk reward element to it.

I do think the current loot system with regard to military loot needs to be worked on.

2 hours ago, Astalonte said:

hes not touched these guns and neither have I in years because you have to do some boring quest to go find it. Video games are supposed to be fun and the community feedback is telling you its not(gas zones at least)

• Beans 2

Great update! Hopefully the stable rollout will be less of a problem than 1.22 🙂 Are you planning to provide more details on the group system? I don't really understand how it works.

• Beans 1

Tolles Update, ich finde es schön, das es immer ein paar neue Sachen gibt, aber ich hätte es schön gefunden, wenn vom neuen Fahrzeug frag eine fahrbare Version dabei wäre

Edited by Maurice Nowak
  • Beans 1

Added: cfgPlayerSpawnGear.json to assign gear for players to spawn with (documentation)

Hi. It is very cool. There is NO example of the contents of the cfgPlayerSpawnGear.json file in your documentation.

• Thanks 1

Hello. I analyzed the types file, it indicates the spawn of AUR AX is also in the infected zone, which is not indicated in the patch notes (Cherno). I was also confused by the number of SVD and FN FAL. There are a lot of them in spawn, when compared with M4A1 and AKM (1 vs 3 SVD). Now every second person will play with this weapon, which reduces the value of all other weapons. After frash spawn, I personally took out 2 SVD, 1 M4A1 and 1 AKM in one run to the ship without using chemical protection. In my opinion, the number of SVD and FN FAL spawns needs to be reconsidered. Also now helicopter crashes have lost their significance. Now the only weapons you can find on them are the AUG A1 and the new M14 rifle. Overall the update is pretty cool.

Edited by steam-76561198017454602
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Draowyr said:

Great update! Hopefully the stable rollout will be less of a problem than 1.22 🙂 Are you planning to provide more details on the group system? I don't really understand how it works.

Everyone on the entire server spawns in the same town!!!! XD

For 20 minutes (roughly) ANYONE who respawns spawns IN THE SAME VILLAGE XD

So from 13:00 - 13:20 (estimation) everyone spawns in elektro. Then from. 13:20 - 13:40 everyone spawns in another town, like Solnichny.

Even if you JUST died FIVE TIMES in a row in solnichny you will keep spawning there again and again, also your enemies you just killed there xD

This is absolutely broken. If you have a fight in a spawn town you will have 3 freshies with infinite lives after you. This has shifted the problem of people running back to their bodies after getting killed DURING an angoing fight from everywhere to just ONE TOWN.

This is very good if the town you are in right now is not the spawn town, but if you do find yourself in the current spawn town be ready to get overrun by replicants lol!

Very fun change for bambi killers and bambi-bambikiller-killers and coastal chaos, but definetly needs some tweaking.

Edited by Pyongo Bongo
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

Everyone on the entire server spawns in the same town!!!! XD

For 20 minutes (roughly) ANYONE who respawns spawns IN THE SAME VILLAGE XD

So from 13:00 - 13:20 (estimation) everyone spawns in elektro. Then from. 13:20 - 13:40 everyone spawns in another town, like Solnichny.

Even if you JUST died FIVE TIMES in a row in solnichny you will keep spawning there again and again, also your enemies you just killed there xD

This is absolutely broken. If you have a fight in a spawn town you will have 3 freshies with infinite lives after you. This has shifted the problem of people running back to their bodies after getting killed DURING an angoing fight from everywhere to just ONE TOWN.

This is very good if the town you are in right now is not the spawn town, but if you do find yourself in the current spawn town be ready to get overrun by replicants lol!

Very fun change for bambi killers and bambi-bambikiller-killers and coastal chaos, but definetly needs some tweaking.

Oh, ok. Yes, there's still time to improve. I thought the idea was to make it so that people who were friends on Steam could appear nearby. We'll see what happens in future updates of the experimental.

• Beans 1