infinitegrim

Remove Hiding Bodies...

This game has never been about fairness or equal opportunity. It's a dog eat dog world, lots of players will suffer from it, and that's allright.

I don't see anyone saying its a bad idea to have hiding bodies requries shovel(e-tool), dirt. But could be retrieved with some loot lost due to how long its been buried. Seems like a better system than we have now.

LOL now you have to face perma-death, like the game intended you to do. Stop trying to work around it.

• Like 1

For the fun, once you killed the guy, find a nice elevated area and wait for him to come back for his body. Teach him a lesson.

....No this is a good feature (hiding the dead) I do it when I'm being stealthy.

Not nice to have to have someone find a weapon on a body that you just killed, to use it on you from behind.

You're dead. You shouldn't even be able to pick up your crap again. Go play the game.

• Like 2

But its bullshit, you shouldnt instantly beable to delete everything. Everyone wants stuff to be realistic, and this is far from it.

This Survivor is correct

Hiding bodies is fine, but it shouldn't be by clicking a button and having the body magically disappear.

I'd suggest:

Allowing players to drag them to places to hide them (also useful for creating traps), or dump them in the water somewhere

Allowing players to set them on fire with matches + jerry can

Allowing players to bury them with an entrenching kit or suchlike.

And of course if players want to mess with people by picking up their stuff and then throwing it away somewhere, they should be able to do that too. But let's stop defending magical disappearing corpses.

• Like 3

i was going to not care about this post because this person is only complaining about his lost stuff. but after reading other's posts, such as moving bodies and needing a shovel to bury them, it actually sounds nice.

so yes, if you can do those options, i wouldn't mind the change.

Edited by CaptainBingo

Hiding Player bodies that are ful of loot should not be possible. We have a bunch of people trolling our server, some which may be hacking, but thats not the point of this thread.

The thing is, is that everytime they kill one of our guys they just hide the body and dont take the loot. Last night we had two guys killed by a fully kitted person, so what did they do? They just hid the body and left. Basically destroying 2 NVG's and other very good weapons. They did this because they knew there was more of us on the way, when we showed up less then 5 minutes later, the bodies are gone and just the sound of flies remained.

The ability to just "delete" someone's body and its contents is bullshit and needs to be removed.

disagree completly..

its a total legit tactic, i dont even PVP and im ok with it..

in fact i expect it..i almost never go back for my corpse if my death was a PVP one or in a high traffic area.. i expect the corpse will either be stripped or hidden..

sounds like your just bitter cuz you had to go get new gear. if gear never expired from the game, very soon everyone would be "fully kitted" and then there would be NO need to explore anymore..

Edited by Siberian
  • Like 1

In my opinion the feature is completely realistic, ArmA II doesnt really simulate the steps but it does simulate the results, the gear is irretrievable and who cares about the body anyway? It would be gimmicky to make it a separate feature to smash individual items to pieces.

Just change it to "burn body"

If you have matches just light it on fire and it will burn to ashes and disapear... sounds realistic to me.

Everything shoud burn unusable state.

People are seriously complaining about how long it takes to bury someone, yet they conveniently ignore things like how long it actually takes to eat an entire can of beans, or cook a steak, or drink a can of soda? Or to apply a transfusion, or a bandage?

As someone said earlier, people seem to only like realism when it's convenient.

it shouldnt be removed, but you should have to go through a digging animation then put the body in, and players can dig it back up but it takes time

A possible comprimise to this issue would be for players to have the ability to drag dead players (just as they can with unconscious players) around and hide their body somewhere else. However, their body wouldn't be hidden in the sense it would vanish into the ground, it would just be somewhere nearby. Combine this with a 15-30 minute timer until the corpse really does vanish and you have a fair system.

If a player kills you and wants to stop you getting back to your body, they have to physically move your dead body to somewhere you won't find it, which is a fairly risky venture given you can't shoot whilst dragging.

Edited by harken
  • Like 2

Totally agreed, empty bodies should be able to be hidden though, because the sound of flies will tell other people someone was there or might still be around. On the other hand hidden should be an option, but not in such a way that you are never able to get to the persons gear/weapons. Maybe hide it in a way that there is a bit of grass and leaves over him (still with flies buzzing, making it easier to find the body)

U got my beans ...and my subscription on YouTube lol, i just noticed it is you :P

In my opinion you shouldn't be able to loot your own body, even if you make it back in time. Each character is supposed to be an independant human. A new person who lands on the beach would have no way of knowing that at location [063,054] there is a dead body with this, this, this, and that on it waiting to be looted. The whole idea that a players tents, vehicles, and body are retained after death is stupid. It should all disappear or be inaccessible to the player.

A better, more simpler system I reckon would be the 'Hide Body' option would make it covered with a outfit of leaves.

I hope they (the devs) will eventually link the 'hide body' feature to a certain tool (f/e a shovel) and have it take some time, dragging the body (like ACE) should also be possible, so that one can hide the body from clear sight... quite possibly the shovel could also be used to 'dig up' a body, if/once it is found ...

So, don't go all 'crazy' on an ARMA feature that happens to do something that is only a slight inconveniance (loot denial) at the moment and instead of screaming 'remove it' cuz i'm loozing gear QQ ... and use your emagination to make the feature better instead!

I do it all the time, can't see anything wrong with it.

i think the body should be hiden on death or all the loot on it... if ppl are to fear death on this game they need to fear loseing all there grate gear!