infinitegrim

Remove Hiding Bodies...

Hiding Player bodies that are ful of loot should not be possible. We have a bunch of people trolling our server, some which may be hacking, but thats not the point of this thread.

The thing is, is that everytime they kill one of our guys they just hide the body and dont take the loot. Last night we had two guys killed by a fully kitted person, so what did they do? They just hid the body and left. Basically destroying 2 NVG's and other very good weapons. They did this because they knew there was more of us on the way, when we showed up less then 5 minutes later, the bodies are gone and just the sound of flies remained.

The ability to just "delete" someone's body and its contents is bullshit and needs to be removed.

• Like 4

It's called Scorched Earth and is a very effective tactic. If I take your resources' date=' you have a reduced ability to retaliate.

Some insight in its use: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_earth

[/quote']

But its bullshit, you shouldnt instantly beable to delete everything. Everyone wants stuff to be realistic, and this is far from it.

if he cant hide the loot he'll just take it anyways. either way the point is to stop you guys from retrieving items and hiding body is just a easier and less time consuming way to deny you items

And this is what DayZ has come to. Bandits waging a scorched earth campaign against everyone else. But that's beside the point.

OP, when you die, I recommend just accepting that your gear is gone. The first couple times I died, I tried to run back to my body. If my killer hadn't hidden it, I didn't get there in the 15 minute window and it was gone anyway. Bodies aren't really meant for the dead player to be able to run back to and recover their own gear so much as they are meant to allow other players to pick the bones of the carcass. Yes, I know it sounds harsh. No, I'm not a bandit; I play as a survivor.

• Like 1

yeah youre right. it doesnt happened to me but i often accidently press the button^^

I agree with the op.

While it's a valid tactic to destroy enemy equipment it's not the kind of process that takes 30 seconds of clicking on a body. If you want to use your scorched earth technique you should have to do it in a real way like blowing it up with a grenade or running it over with a weapon. Hiding bodies should be done away with.

Wow, Deleting the hiding bodies options is the stupidest idea I have ever heard. Get over the fact you got killed. People dont want others to get the stuff that is on your body, And how do you know that they didn't take your stuff. You can't see the body.

• Like 3

I love how so many people clamor for realism or authenticity, yet the idea of having a body fade into the ground merely by placing your hands on it doesn't raise any red flags.

This is a stupid feature, and a broken one at that.

At LEAST 3 times a day I come across buildings etc. with the fly sounds, and not a single body to be found in sight. It's really starting to bug me. I agree they need to disable this feature, and people that dont want others to loot need to either take the gear, or go drop it somewhere hidden, off the corpse. REMOVE THIS FEATURE PLEASE!

i think its ok to hide a body in the ground but its bullshit u can do it without a shovel or something like this it also it would take more time and even if buryed there would be traces and u could retrive it a more effecient way would be burning it with a jery can but it would smoke and atract other beings

But its bullshit' date=' you shouldnt instantly beable to delete everything. Everyone wants stuff to be realistic, and this is far from it.

[/quote']

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time reading this reply without a "sobbing 8-year-old" voice saying it in my head. I mean really? That's your best reply? "It isn't fair"? Deal with it.

And yes, it isn't realistic to have a body just vanish into the ground, but it's to counter engine limitations since a genuinely 100% real game is literally impossible (or we'd have seen it by now). If we remove being able to hide bodies, then it'll be countered by being able to destroy anything on them. Bottom line, once a player dies, everything on him is free reign. First come, first serve; and if first comer decides he wants to destroy it all, then it's his loot to destroy.

I don't think hiding should go away but the mechanic could use changing. Hiding bodies would be more acceptable to me if there was a way to unhide them. IE dig them up again. (within a limited time frame before total decay). It would actually be pretty cool and dark imo, being a grave digger. The presence of flies after burying suggests that the game must at least know there was a body buried there, though whether it still tracks everything about the corpse and its contents I couldn't say.

But really, imagine moving through town or the wilderness and coming on an area where you hear flies where something had been buried (happens to me all the time). Instead of being annoying like it is now, it would be like finding a treasure chest. And it would also give people a chance to recover there stuff if it was their own corpse, but they would have to find it only by using the fly sound as an indicator. And its more realistic than either the other two options proposed (get rid of it completely or instamagic corpse destroy)

I actually agree to this, I mean I can't just dig a hole, dump a body in, and bury it in like 3 seconds

Why is it other suggestions get shot down by, "OH MY GOD ITS NOT REALISTIC" but when someone suggests sensible realism, it gets shot down by, "OH MY GOD YOU'RE SUCH A BABY".

A player shouldn't have the choice of hiding the body, it should stay until the loot is gone or the server resets.

Why is it other suggestions get shot down by' date=' "OH MY GOD ITS NOT REALISTIC" but when someone suggests sensible realism, it gets shot down by, "OH MY GOD YOU'RE SUCH A BABY".

A player shouldn't have the choice of hiding the body, it should stay until the loot is gone or the server resets.

[/quote']

Because he isn't suggesting it for the sake of realism. He's suggesting it because his group was being out-played by someone. If removing bodies is... removed, then fine; but it needs to be replaced with another way to destroy any gear you don't want from a kill.

You people qqing about realism fail to realize that if it was real you would be dead and the new guy that you just rolled would never know that there was a dead body there anyway to get the loot.

• Like 4

why not remove body hiding, and just add a smash item option? most things can be broken in some way in like 3 seconds... just make it produce *some* noise and take like 3 seconds per item

You people qqing about realism fail to realize that if it was real you would be dead and the new guy that you just rolled would never know that there was a dead body there anyway to get the loot.

no, but your buddies who were with you would. which is his point, when his friends die, he can't try and get some of the loot because the person hid the body

As I suggested in another thread, you should need a shovel to hide a body and to dig one up.

As I suggested in another thread' date=' you should need a shovel to hide a body and to dig one up.

[/quote']

I agree with this. While I LOVE finding a corpse full of ammo and loot, I think that the feature should still exist for sure, but require something much like a shovel to hide the body. In terms of being a weapon ;) I think the shovel should have low damage, but a high knock-out chance.

i think the edge of a shovel against the neck would do much more than knock u out

i think the edge of a shovel against the neck would do much more than knock u out

Why risk not penetrating the skin when you can simply beat someone down with a blunt swing to the head, and then beat them to death on the ground? Same principles; just might take a few more seconds. Plus, we already have the hatchet for the neck splitting ;) We also may not want to *kill* anybody.

If they kill you they can do whatever they want, i can imagine they not wanting you to have your loot back.