ZedsDeadBaby

Life expectancy now 47 minutes? What's up?

This represents a huge jump. An almost 52% increase since the last patch.

Is it accurate?

If so, what's the cause? Could it be the removal of the starting Makarovs have quieted the constant fray on the bean coast?

Not exactly the bandit slaughterhouse folks claimed it would be if they took away our starting guns.

I think the immediate need to quietly scavenge for a weapon has padded out the average Life Expectancy.

I mean, crawling on the ground everywhere takes a while, combined with bad RNG makes the gameplay slower.

Well before all the DDos's and that nonsense it was like 36 minutes i do believe. But yeah I've lived for about 6 days in till just last night when i got owned by a hacker...

I was just wondering the same thing when i saw the stats come back up..it cant be right surely?

the amount of people that die on my server then you see them killing themselves over and over and over to get a better spawn closer to town/city..

people spawning without a weapon? people i know have said now this happens wherever they spawn they just sprint to the closest building Zed's in tow hope theres a gun, if not die rinse repeat..

surely this has the effect of making people survive for shorter times not longer!?!

Wierd.

well i havent played the game for a week, my character is still alive as i checked it last night... this could be one of the reasons, not just my character but maybe lots of other people are just waiting for the new patch...

the amount of people that die on my server then you see them killing themselves over and over and over to get a better spawn

Those deaths are ignored and not counted among the average.

surely this has the effect of making people survive for shorter times not longer!?!

You would think! But here we are. Maybe not everyone is playing the "run and pray" style you describe. Maybe the lack of a starting weapon has made people slow down and be more considerate about their initial actions.

I know when I start weaponless I'm very methodical - quietly get off the coast and move towards the nearest deer stand or high value farm building.

this could be one of the reasons' date=' not just my character but maybe lots of other people are just waiting for the new patch...

[/quote']

Interesting thought, but I don't think so. Stats do not show a decline in player activity. 110k+ unique players in each 24 hour period. As high as it has ever been and new records are being set constantly.

People are definitely playing they're just not dying as early.

Or some mistake was made in the recent database cleanup. ;)

Maybe we will get some insight from the team.

1. Start game

2. Go to nearest town, possibly running

3. Attract some Zeds, eventually get killed by camper.

4. Check for weapons, grab some

5. Try to outrun/kill Zeds that run after you.

During this lots of people are killed.

Since you don't have anything to lose at the beginning - you can take bigger risk. No point in crawling to find equipment. Just run.

If you get killed - respawn, you lost only few minutes.

Since you don't have anything to lose at the beginning - you can take bigger risk. No point in crawling to find equipment. Just run.

If you get killed - respawn' date=' you lost only few minutes.

[/quote']

Well, okay, but that play style would make life expectancy go down, not up. So clearly something else is going on right?

Hunting for beans takes 1hr 30mins, so it probably pushed it up a bit.

Not to put a dapper on the whole subject, but I can't realistically see how that stat's true.

Last I saw, it was at 31 minutes. And unless there was a sudden spike in IQ, I don't understand how it went up 16 minutes, especially with the fact that we just broke 400k players.

I could be wrong, though. I just don't see how it could've happened in just a week or so.

Survival times are way up due to people d/cing at the first sign of danger. Haven't seen an actual firefight in a few weeks now. Just random some random ganking.

1. Start game

2. Go to nearest town' date=' possibly running

[/quote']

You got your Life to lose ;)

well i havent played the game for a week' date=' my character is still alive as i checked it last night... this could be one of the reasons, not just my character but maybe lots of other people are just waiting for the new patch...

[/quote']

I bet this would be the main reason. Also, dont you think people can learn how to play a game and just get better. No new patch helps people get used to the game.

Survival times are way up due to people d/cing at the first sign of danger.

People have been doing that all along; it's nothing new to 1.7.1.5 and wouldn't account for the sudden upswing.

I could be wrong' date=' though. I just don't see how it could've happened in just a week or so.

[/quote']

I fear you're right. The increase just seems too sudden and coincidentally they just got done doing some database clean-up and maintenance so I'm... suspicious.

I do hope someone from the team comes along and enlightens us as to the truth behind the numbers.

I've never seen the leaderboards online' date=' what type of stats do they give there?

[/quote']

They were up for about a week and then removed again. Stats were: most zed kills, most bandit kills, most murders, longest survived, distance traveled.

Each category could be filtered for "all time" vs. "currently living."

Yes, not starting with a loaded weapon helps, but for me, zombies losing track of me has been huge. It has affected my game play style enormously. Aggroing even one zombie in a town used to essentially be a much-feared death sentence for me. Now, I can just run around, and, when ready, run to a two-entrance building, rinse, repeat.

That, and the basic ammo re-combining exploit.

edit: Actually, I change my mind. I bet they just changed the way they calculate it and got a different number.

They have probably reset the counters from wich the average is generated, we'll see if it starts dropping in the next days :D

No I believe the counter only counts when your online and in the game. As for me and my guys we got most survival items and push N.W. away from towns. We hit up towns n stuff when we need things. Most of us will survive for a week maybe longer without dying.

In fact I just died trying to prone near a fence and I went through the fence and killed my week old character. Sux but that the arma 2 engine for u.

If you get killed - respawn' date=' you lost only few minutes.

[/quote']

Well, okay, but that play style would make life expectancy go down, not up. So clearly something else is going on right?

Well obviously not everyone does this, but i have introduced around 5/6 people to the game and via our talks and answering there questions, most do this untill they atleast have a gun so they can defend themselves!

It is wierd, like you i hope we get some info from the devs! interesting..

People ain't hanging around the coast long :)

Stats went down after the DDOS. My guess is that the current survival time is only based on data collected since then.

Zombies Killed used to be at 75 million. Now it's down to 14 million. Also, we had hit 1 million murders before the DDOS, and now we are back down to 250,000 or so.

I don't really see this as wrong unless everybody is doing the whole run in and die until they get a break and get what they need then head north.

I have been playing about a week. My first couple of days I was lucky to survive for 20mins.

Now that I know what to look for building wise and how zombies move and react, I survive for hours at a time.

I'm sure I am a rare case but I can't believe everybody just runs into cherno or elektro and gets killed every few minutes. Most of the constant deaths I see when I am on is just from people killing themselves to get a spawn they want. Outside of that I don't see people constantly dieing.

1. Start game

2. Go to nearest town' date=' possibly running

[/quote']

I used to go by those rules. Then I realized; "Hey, I don't need to get myself killed everytime I walk into a village". I then proceeded to run inland as fast as I could. I ran across 4 deer stands and a few towns, and this is what I found.

|

V

Hunting for beans takes 1hr 30mins' date=' so it probably pushed it up a bit.

[/quote']

I don't get that. Civilian dressed zombies are very likely to have food on them. Drop a group and you're bound to get a couple cans.

I imagine the boost is due to the resent flood of users learning the ropes combined with the widespread abuse of dc'ing. Word has likely spread and more, and new, people are abusing the system.