Sign in to follow this  
Torothin

Game gets dull after fully geared (suggestions for Arma 3)

Perhaps dupers become bored because they fully equip faster and for longer than everyone else, artificially extending the safe time between the need to enter confrontational situations. You've effectively helped remove the risk from the risk/reward system the game is trying to achieve.

If you're hitting up the same area several times across several servers within a short space of time or are deliberately spamming the duping exploits then the lowering of the boredom threshold is entirely self inflicted.

You wouldn't go tenpin bowling, have the gutter barriers raised and use one of those ball rolling slide things before strutting around the lanes announcing "bowling is piss easy" to everyone else. :)

As and when Zombies reach a level where they're the threat they're supposed to be, as cheats and exploits are removed and more tools are made available to the player to increase interaction and emergent behaviour, most people wont get the chance to be bored.

If you're hitting up the same area several times across several servers within a short space of time or are deliberately spamming the duping exploits then the lowering of the boredom threshold is entirely self inflicted.

this is true. people should play the game for what it is, not just loot the same place over and over...

Come up with something creative to do. Start a town. Set up tentcamp somewhere painfully obvious (like between Electro and Cherno), recruit other people bored with the "endgame". Announce the town everywhere and defend it versus bandits. Go trolling through Cherno blasting RIDIN DIRTY in a party bus and invite newbies on adventures. Go axe murdering in Electro. Sky's the limit.

I think you should be rewarded with a nuke, which strips you of all gear and prevents you from picking up any more. The only options you have are to run around until you die, or drop the bomb and kill everyone on Chernarus including yourself.

Then we play S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

dayz have no relations to arma 3.

if you want zombie game - wait for dayz standalone.

this is really pissing me off when people see upcoming game only as framework for zombies.

and all this shit about unlocks and rewards is just hilarious. this is not cod/bf.

lol this guy ^^^

I'm pretty sure i read that dayz will be ported to arma3. AND that rocket is working or has worked with the devs in the past/present/future... Seems fairly related to me..

you heard wrong. rocket confirmed that it's possible to port dayz to arma 3, but BI stated that it may happen in year or so after actual relise of arma 3.

i sirencely hope that dayz will be a standalone game.

servers flooded with dayz already.

forums flooded with dayz suggestions.

let it all be for separate game. not a cancer for arma 3

Okay do searches because there has been at least 3 other similar posts. Thanks.

Here's a novel idea when one feels they've seen all there is to see in DayZ. QUIT PLAYING.

Adding power-creep is NEVER a solution. The only solution is to make the game so brutal and sadistic that finding an m4 or a military grade sniper rifle is an awe-inspiring event. Hell, just making it through 3 nights in a row as a solo player should be an epic feat worthy of it's own ABC mini-series (I know, my age is showing).

Just my 2¢. :)

This is because DayZ is geared towards a loot leveling system.You strive for better loot from the minute you spawn.This is not a good model to base the game on though IMO.The game should be all about survival and have guns thrown in to help.I spawned last night and 5 minutes later I found an ill placed tent right by the coast loaded with some excellent gear.I will admit it....I got bored a few minutes later.I couldn't believe it but there it was.So what next I thought,should I head to NWAF and PVP. :( No,I thought thats the end of DayZ for me instead.But thankfully my last try was my best DayZ game session to date.The next life was miserable and I was crawling around scavenging for loot eventually dying to 3 zeds that were standing in a shed that contained food.Broken leg and all,I almost made it to a hospital,but fell to malnutrition after 3 hours of excellent gameplay on my PC.:D

We all agree that humans want what they do not have...right??Ok,my point is that the game should make it so we want to survive as goal so you do not need to worry about endgame.Survive as the end game is where its at since endgame=YOUR DEAD!!!Instead of people looting up fast so they can head to NWAF to snipe,make their drive in DayZ world to stay alive as long as possible.

MAKE SURVIVAL THE MAIN PURPOSE OF DAYZ

This is accomplished by lowering ammo amounts first off.The amount of spawns of ammo seems right to me but the amount in each loot pile is absurd.I had so much Enfield ammo I was leaving it behind and that is an immersion breaker right there.Why is that you ask....well the same reason that I got bored when I found that uber gear.....I just went into town and started blasting away because I knew how much ammo I had.Because in real life you will never ever just go into town guns blazing since ammo doesn't grow on trees,I just felt kinda blah about the whole thing.But when I got down to one clip left once again DayZ became what it is destined to be,a struggle.;)

Then the high end gear...its just too much.The game shines when you have a relic type weapon.It just feels right when your crawling around a small town with a shotgun,crossbow,enfield etc.That feeling is gone when your crawling around a town with a .50cal sniper rifle,ghilie suit and NVG's and a squad standing next to you loaded with enough ammo to level the town 4 times over.Sadly its the players that are making it so that camping high end loot spots is the endgame.Never get rid of them though as the game needs the high end weapons for immersion and that all important feeling of WOW look what I just found after a day of scavenging.Just make them extremely rare and that when you find one,the ammo u find with it is basically it.Do not make it so that its a....lets head to NWAF as I need .50cal ammo but rather SHIT no more ammo for my sniper,drop it for whatever weapon you find in next town because after all your survival is most important.;)

I hope I am getting my point across.Make survival the end game and the game will make itself.Or maybe I am way wrong here.The way to test this is to make a test update that has these ideas in mind and see what happens.I really think that two survivors making a choice like...I'll take the Enfield,you take the Makarov so that the little ammo we find we can split easily....is where this game should head.Make it so that when you see other players you feel more like wow survivors then wow better loot.

Also,one more thing.When your in a group and scavenging for loot to survive they should add in a mechanism that increases your visibility and audibility by one line.So if your alone and crawling you have one line each but if in a group it should be two lines.Reason is that its easier to spot large groups of people.

Changes I'd like to see are:

-Ability to setup camps and communities that are permanent.

-AI events. Hordes of roaming zombies, vehicle crashes, floods, hurricanes, fires, etc.

-Incentive to group with people to survive and NOT kill each other on site.

-Better audio/visual cues and AI. It's annoying being seen/heard by zombies when I clearly shouldn't be. And vice versa.

-More animals to hunt and more wandering zombies.

-Have zombies be permanent instead of just spawned when a player is close. Also, when players die, they also turn into zombie after a few mins.

-Have areas that NEED a large group to break through. Think of downtown in a big city.

-Limit either weapons or ammo more. I feel there's just too many and too easy to get. At least limit rifles and high power weapons. Make it more pistols and minor weapons.

-Have pets with +/- benefits of having them.

-Customized outfits and gear

-more freedom in all respects, but give achiements or incentives to do impressive things. Like securing a town for 8 hours. Or having a group make it through a populated town without firing a shot.

Quit spamming "Endgame Suggestion threads" Rocket has said that he is putting them in..... Just stop...

But endgame stuff is bad for DayZ.What will Rocket add in....custom cars or fortresses?When I see threads about traders and such I think to myself that that is not what I would do in an apocalypse.Will I think "I think what this area needs is for me to setup a market so people can trade" or will I think "I need to head inland and fast as I do not think I will survive to morning".

Sadly,what will happen is that the mod will be released and then a mod will be made that makes the game based on pure survival and that will be where everyone flocks. ;)

How about this for realism. If a zombie attacks you, you become infected and turn into a zombie that you can control just not have any weapons. How is that for realism?

sad but true fact is that once you have all best in slot gear, there is nothing for you to do apart from hoarding vehicles and killing players.

I know it's an alpha and all that jazz, but there NEEDS to be something to do in the end-game content or the game will become a multi-player single player game if you know what I mean.

More vehicles are needed as well as actual tasks to accomplish and don't give me the player set objective bullshit, cause there will be nothing else to do unless you make it your life's goal to raid every tent camp and vehicle camp...

exactly the people disagreeing with me here probably have not gotten the gear and assume I am lying. The game gets dull.

item rewards are a totally stupid idea. what would keep people motivated would be a clan feature, the ability to build your own clan's tent/town/base to defend to attack other bases/clans and so on.

Helping other players? Yeah right' date=' let's face it. The only time this game is fun is when you first start out and are trying your best to survive. After that, it gets old fast.

[/quote']

exactly the people disagreeing with me here probably have not gotten the gear and assume I am lying. The game gets dull.

sad but true fact is that once you have all best in slot gear' date=' there is nothing for you to do apart from hoarding vehicles and killing players.

[i'm bored now']

See ---> http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=29618

I haven't all of the best gear yet, but all that stuff gets boring/repetitive too mate. Reminds me of FC2 missions for "buddies".. not gonna spoil the game

I would love to see some AI controlled areas that are EXTREMELY hard to infiltrate as an "endgame" sort of feature. Not just able to be sniped from afar and farmed for loot, but something that would need a team of players to assault. I understand that the game is a sandbox, but this would keep the spirit of the mod. It does get a little boring for me when I have had a camp and a few vehicles for a week or so..

Just my two cents.

I would love to see some AI controlled areas that are EXTREMELY hard to infiltrate as an "endgame" sort of feature. Not just able to be sniped from afar and farmed for loot' date=' but something that would need a team of players to assault. I understand that the game is a sandbox, but this would keep the spirit of the mod. It does get a little boring for me when I have had a camp and a few vehicles for a week or so..

Just my two cents.

[/quote']

actually not a bad idea if I think about it... kinda reminds me of WoW's "raids"