Linker_Split

Gunshot and stab wounds as new features

Good morning everyone,

I'm a seasoned dayZ player, been playing the game since 0.39 came out and never left it, simply love it!

Hell' I've been around since Operation Flashpoint came out, been modding for it, ArmA and ArmA2 as well, but this is a diffstory...

I'm here to suggest something that could change the player vs player (PvP) and player vs environment (PvE) experience radically and in a deeper way.

INTRODUCTION:

At the moment, when you get shot, you either 

1) fall unconscious while bleeding

2) getting killed (obviously!)

3) receive some shock damage and sometimes bleed

Nearly the same happens for cuts and scratches.

These seem very basic mechanics that do not really fit into a survival game as dayZ!

SUGGESTION:

My idea is to simply add a new mechanics when you get shot or cut so that it generates a gunshot wound or a stab wound.

By taking values from ammo used, armor worn, weapon used to shoot, health stats etc, o e of the two wounds is created and needs to be actioned asap as they would incur in great blood loss. But it's not over yet! Once you receive such wound, your shock level won't go away, it will stay until it is treated completely, resulting in your character walking slowly and in pain and not seeing clearly. The character could take morphine injections to fight the pain. Gunshot wound and Stab wound would need to be treated in the same way, with a suture kit, with the difference that a Stab wound can eventually heal itself over time, while a gunshot one must be sutured and the bullet removed.

This feature should be implemented in a way that  it can be eventually "switched off" by the server owners.

CONCLUSION

When I think about survival games with nice mechanics and depth of play, I only think at DayZ and the constant updates it receives, but I found the medical mechanic to be still in the early stages of the game, lacking that depth that the game has.

This gunshot and stab wound would defo amplify the experience of survivors who will have to deal with a new threat.

Edited by Linker Split-fad33c4cf7dc03cb
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Is it something that Devs would realistically look into? Would it not take DayZ to the next level as one of the most authentic survival games out there?

On 10/5/2023 at 2:20 PM, Linker_Split said:

Is it something that Devs would realistically look into? Would it not take DayZ to the next level as one of the most authentic survival games out there?

Tourniquets just got added to Reforger as a quick apply method to limit bleeding until you have time to bandage. Maybe that on top of a rarer suture kit with many uses would fit quite well as an expanded medical system!

I think that yeah an expanded medical system would really fit into the DayZ narrative. I would not say a full medical advanced system, but at least a feature regaring bullet wound and stab wounds - so a suture kit, some painkillers etc...

We were promised a medical system over a half-decade ago. What we got is what we have. Don't hold your breath.

On 5/29/2023 at 10:20 AM, Linker_Split said:

This feature should be implemented in a way that  it can be eventually "switched off" by the server owners.

30 minutes ago, Linker_Split said:

Something like this

PVP 1

PVP 2

So the features you want to see implemented are already available as mods and can be switched on by servers owners if they prefer them... but you'd much prefer it if they were in the default game as standard and instead switched off by server owners if they don't like them?

Rrrrrright 😉

What a heck? Shoot your leg with .22 and place only the bandage. I promise if bullet not out from your lag you will have the good lead poisoning the wound begins to fester that will cause the gangrene and then the amputation of your leg and it requires only 1 maximum 2 months.

So also need implement the antibiotics (that will slower the pus) realize the ability to clean and disinfect the wound (less chance that you got a trouble with wound infection, bust still save the shock state, morphine will remove the pain temporary but after end of the morphine the shock shall get bit lowly, but shouldn't be vanished to nowhere... It shall reminds you for the some time that you got hitted before.

It's the same like you got recovering after the bone brake - painful and slow, in real live it requires about 2 months to get recovered after not huge bone braking. And not a 20 minutes, the 40 days. If you we're so dumb to get shooted down or brake the leg be ready to get the full love of reality.

The reality - that's the main part that this game needs so badly. That idiotic approximately to really "like can be" not working, the surviving is not a idiotic running for loot without the damages, broke leg - get your stess, got the bullet in you warm place - get ready for the huge problems and depending on ammo quality would changed the damage for the body and state of the damage dirty bullet should create the amazing troubles when new "fresh" should give it less same as prestine barrel shall add less damage for the projectile when the dirty daged barrel shall brings troubles for the firearm and for the target (except the zmbs, it's already dead so not really matters).

For that information you need tofind the real military medics , who knows where the FMG wound and where the traser's wound why it's damn bad and why the tracers rounds are permitted only for marketing the targets and informating that ammo is almost ended (for example it's normal in combat situations left 3 last live ammo as teasers, for MGs that got 200 rnd mags 3 trasers on each 100 ammo, for 100 rnd box - the 50th - tracer, and 3 last tho).

• Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 3:52 PM, lemmac said:

So the features you want to see implemented are already available as mods and can be switched on by servers owners if they prefer them... but you'd much prefer it if they were in the default game as standard and instead switched off by server owners if they don't like them?

Rrrrrright 😉

The problem with mods is that when official patches are pushed, they tend to break and needs fixing, while if the features are hard-coded, they won't... plsu also less lag vs mods, no compatibility issue etc

Btw, I'm not talking about creating a complex medical system, for which the Syberia mod is there for... but at least gunshot and stab wounds