Kyiara

1.21 Experimental Release

Greetings, survivors!
Knight Arrow 3 for Forum.jpg

We are happy to announce the start of the experimental period for game update 1.21! We’ve got a really interesting theme for this update. This time around we’re getting medieval and traveling back to the Middle Ages!

Read the full article here.

PC changelog

Xbox changelog

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Can you add a sound adjuster for the vehicles please. As getting  ear raped when driving in game. Have to make party with myself to quieten the sounds of the vehicles 

Also when’s falling through the map gonna  be fixed or when’s the chain symbol gonna  be removed. Personally I think that’s where the problem started 

4 hours ago, Sulo Jaho said:

will the servers be wiped?

Hey, no info yet. We will let the community know on time.

3 hours ago, Stumpy Streams said:

Can you add a sound adjuster for the vehicles please. As getting  ear raped when driving in game. Have to make party with myself to quieten the sounds of the vehicles 

Your suggestion was forwarded to the devs.

3 hours ago, Stumpy Streams said:

Also when’s falling through the map gonna  be fixed or when’s the chain symbol gonna  be removed. Personally I think that’s where the problem started 

The team is woring on it. What chain symbol do you mean?

Thank you for my considerating my offer and regarding it the chain symbol we have on the left side of screen shows are connection stability. Even since that was added they game has had the problem from what I’ve noticed 

I already noticed some bugs, I would like to inform you so that they could be fixed before the official release... 1- walking down with the crossbow makes a noise that I believe is not intentional. 2- so far it has not been possible to repair any crossbow or its arrows 3- the arrows cannot be removed from the bodies... that I noticed these are the main ones that negatively affected gameplay in 1.21

No Playstation Changelog? As it currently reads / stands this suggests that these changes will not be impacting the Playstation servers. Can you confirm if Playstation owners will be seeing these features in the future and provide the Playstation changeling?

1 hour ago, LongjohnSilver1PS5 said:

No Playstation Changelog? As it currently reads / stands this suggests that these changes will not be impacting the Playstation servers. Can you confirm if Playstation owners will be seeing these features in the future and provide the Playstation changeling?

I bet that xbox folks would be first victims of the future 😀

Nevertheless shall we expect stability of this patch or DayZ dev team will "hecked" up like with 1.20 patch?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Rubens Medeiros said:

I already noticed some bugs, I would like to inform you so that they could be fixed before the official release... 1- walking down with the crossbow makes a noise that I believe is not intentional. 2- so far it has not been possible to repair any crossbow or its arrows 3- the arrows cannot be removed from the bodies... that I noticed these are the main ones that negatively affected gameplay in 1.21

yeah when crouched im noticing this first one.

Second one it's the Epoxy Putty you need to repair it - I made an error on the wiki. 

Third one Adam said on the experimental stream the patch on thursday was work in progress and they didnt get bolts recoverable on bodies just yet - they said it the intention is to be able to get them from bodies in a later experimental 1.21 patch before stable release.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LongjohnSilver1PS5 said:

Playstation doesnt have experimental test servers - they only have the stable ones, so changes will be coming to playstation upon full stable release for 1.21.

On 4/21/2023 at 2:55 AM, Stumpy Streams said:

The chain symbol indicates a poor or bad connection to the server, doesn't have anything to do with the falling through the map. You may fall through the map while the chain symbol is appearing because that means you're lagging, but that's the only connection. Falling through the map has been an issue that I've noticed since gas zones were added, and in the last couple patches of playing official servers, I can't remember ever falling through the map, and I play a good bit. I think it might affect community servers more.

------------------------------------------------------------

I said earlier about sprinting power attacks seeming to be broken, I think I was wrong, they only seem to require more of a run-up than I thought, but they've been working consistently when giving sufficient sprinting time, like 3 or 4 seconds then press RT. I still haven't found a Xbow yet, so they seem pretty rare. It would be cool to have bows back in the game so freshies could craft a ranged, albeit primitive, weapon for themselves on the coast. I noticed there's an improvised bolt which is awesome, because you can craft ammo when you have a Xbow. Otherwise I've run into silent wolves still. They might've been previously aggroed. On with the search for a crossbow, I guess.

Yeah I play community base server to be honest I should of stated. My bad on the behalf. Thank you for the information though.  I just noticed it a lot more on 1.20 update with the chain symbol being added. As I’m not computer literate I’m just explaining the best way possible. 

The biggest issue still remains unchanged.  You guys know that 90% of your playerbase isn't on official so you just don't seem to care, but a high school knowledge level coder could create a better anti-cheat than what battle eye provides.  It's such a serious issue that official is literally unplayable, making this update completely pointless.  No more excuses invest a couple hundred dollars of your 200 million company worth to have a working anti-cheat

• Like 1

Will the vehicles finally be fixed with this update..and if not can you give PlayStation server owners the option to turn off damage done to the vehicle from lag wrecking, like the engine, tires , battery, radiator, etc. The vehicle should still be damaged from weapons and explosives though. This would make the vehicles worth driving because it really sucks to spend hours finding all the parts to a car to total it 5 minutes later from lag.

• Beans 1

On 5/11/2023 at 7:47 PM, Valic77 said:

Will the vehicles finally be fixed with this update..and if not can you give PlayStation server owners the option to turn off damage done to the vehicle from lag wrecking, like the engine, tires , battery, radiator, etc. The vehicle should still be damaged from weapons and explosives though. This would make the vehicles worth driving because it really sucks to spend hours finding all the parts to a car to total it 5 minutes later from lag.

Yah - but I don't see anything in the logs that suggest this will be fixed this time around, sadly. I spent ages getting a truck set-up then when I am driving, lag out...and when i return the truck has rolled!!!! FRUSTRATION much!!!

Yea I was just wondering because I saw in the 1.21 patch notes it said "Thrown items and moving vehicles now move smoother on high refresh rate devices"