Kyiara

Console Update 1.20

'S T A B I L I T  Y   U P D A T E '  right?

I don't think so, this is my game after update 1.20!

It's just insane how the devs manage to make the game worse after each update instead of better, for those who are going to argue about the amount of bugs fixed in 1.20... more than half of them came in 1.19, problems like ADS were reported in 1.13 ~ https://feedback.bistudio.com/T159299 ~ ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO.

Including bugs that came in 1.19 that weren't even fixed in 1.20, like you hide the weapon's inventory in the inventory, take it in your hand and turn it back, its inventory (weapon) is open again.

1.20 is to fix (in parts) what they broke in 1.19, just like 1.19 is to fix (in parts) what they broke in 1.18, and little by little some bugs are left behind and accumulate and the game goes getting worse and worse (in terms of stability and bugs)

I've been playing the game since 1.07, and the performance today on 1.20 is PATHETIC.

Edited by PauloH
fixing links
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 8:04 AM, iDW13N NUEVAVIDA said:

I've been playing dayz since it was a beta mod and it's still my favorite game. But after so many years it honestly starts to get monotonous, I would love a bit of lore and quests all over chernarus. world boss events killing hordes of infected or a huge infected bear, This would attract even more demanding users to the community, today all games offer similar things. It's my opinion and I'm not trying to criticize, I love the game but my English isn't perfect and I can be misinterpreted. greetings to all

No, absoluetly not... this is not a game like Dark Souls or Resident Evil. This is A SURVIVAL game, period..  the "story" here is to stay alive for as long as you can dealing with the various dangers that a post apocolyptic event would present - food, shelter, infected, other aggressive players/clans/factions, etc... adding ANYTHING such as a quest, boss or something that would take away from the survival aspect of this game would kill it completely... leave it as is, just fix the bugs and PLEASE stop breaking things when introducing new updates/fixes/patches... I find it incredibly difficult to believe that the majority of crap that gets broken with each new update cannot be prevented in the developement stage before putting any update 'live'... c'mon Bohemia, you CAN do better than this...

• Like 1

But they cant tho. They can’t do better than this.  Because they have almost no staff. Because the business owner is terrible. Nobody tests experimental. Even tho the owner might even think so. Probably totally clueless.  We’ve got 2 devs to write code and no one to test or communicate with the public.  That’s why it’s terrible.  And it won’t get better. 

Ok, but what they can do is to stop changing things without any real need.

some examples:

1. changes to 3pp. (now it causes framedrops and rendering issues, especially in combination with zoom and it`s not very healthy for your eyes  )

2. changes to zoom (the initial idea to reduce zoom during sprint was ok, , but the way they did is not.)

why is it switching into nerfed zoom during fast prone now? my proposal would be:

use nerfed zoom for  run/sprint, normal(old) zoom for stand/walk/(fast)prone/crouch and make the shift smooth. that would be much more logical. imo

both changes together makes it really horrible to play on console in 3pp. try to run through a dense forest, passing trees very closely for example, and you can see what i mean.

3. the changes to barrels: (as long there was no real technical reason)

If somebody has the idea and uses a barrel for a street blockade or raiding, they should honour that instead of restricting,

Now they took away a lot of usecases for nothing. 

4. the new weight system( basically a good idea, too) please balance weight of items first then.

the shovel has 6kg, sledgehammer 5kg and pickaxe only 1kg???

maybe they should work some hours in a garden center...

That`s a lot of wasted development capacity and time all together. (not to mention the masks...)

And now they need much more time to fix the mess they created for no reason.

Edited by RenDark2000
  • Like 1

Still on the 'stability' patch... browsing reddit today I came across this Ghost Bullets, i had to watch it twice to understand, notice the ammo counter in the lower left corner, nice huh? ghost bullets are back in 1.20, as i said in my previous post, each update is 1 step forward and 2 steps back 🙂

probably his report - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T170464

Edited by PauloH
add link feedback tracker
  • Like 1

The vehicles still drive like poop. The truck is the worst having to smash through gears to climb a hill, on a steep hill you end up with a yellow engine because you cannot go beyond 1st gear. In previous iterations you could pull away in 2nd and engage 4th and happily drive everywhere like that. This was the best version of the gearbox setup in the truck and I implore you to bring it back. In its current set up your watching the rev counter trying not to go into the red (the xbox triggers used for throttle are not user programmable and are incapable of increasing in increments) and not watching where you are going and the gear ratio is set to high.  The second worst vehicle is the Humvee and that auto gearbox with Drive, Neutral and Reverse. Over half the time it refuses to engage drive and when it does it performs poorly in AWD and struggles to climb hills either on road or off. After switching off the truck exhaust fumes continue to pour out of the exhaust pipe, this will stop after a server restart or if the player removes the truck battery and reinserts it. There is no way currently of camouflaging vehicles apart from using a car tent for cars. If memory serves on Skalisty island next door to a Vendors hut inside the castle ruins there's a cammo shelter which has enough capacity to camouflage 3 or 4 car type vehicles its a pity this isn't available as a craftable item using the same dimensions as the Skalisty island version. I have used that cammo shelter many times as a base. OR why not add the cammo net icon like you find on fences and watchtowers and add them to vehicles of course some vehicles are larger than others and require more cammo nets OR much like the improvised shelter using sticks cammo a vehicle its like covering a vehicle with branches and forest matter irl.

Console 1.20 Update 2 - Version 1.20.155814 (Released on 22.02.2022)

If your community server was impacted by the duplicated objects through object spawner usage, we are highly recommending to wipe your server contents to assure game stability. Not following this procedure can result in severe instabilities.

FIXED

SERVER

KNOWN ISSUES

• Spawning objects with _DE-suffix by Object Spawner can result in them being duplicated with every server restart - the team is testing a fix internally
  • The player character might glitch under the map when leaving vehicles - the team is looking into a fix
  • The gear box of the M1025 might desync when shifted up in drive mode - the team is looking into a fix
  • The 3rd person camera view might shake in close quarters - the team is looking into a fix
  • Thanks 1

On 20/2/2023 at 16:07, Dennis F said:

No, absolutamente no... este no es un juego como Dark Souls o Resident Evil. Este es UN juego de SUPERVIVENCIA, punto... la "historia" aquí es mantenerse con vida el mayor tiempo posible lidiando con los diversos peligros que presentaría un evento postapocalíptico: comida, refugio, infectados, otros jugadores/clanes/facciones agresivos. , etc... agregar CUALQUIER COSA, como una misión, un jefe o algo que le quitaría el aspecto de supervivencia de este juego, lo mataría por completo... déjalo como está, solo corrige los errores y POR FAVOR deja de romper cosas al introducir nuevas actualizaciones/arreglos/parches... Encuentro increíblemente difícil creer que la mayoría de la basura que se rompe con cada nueva actualización no se puede evitar en la etapa de desarrollo antes de poner cualquier actualización 'en vivo'... vamos Bohemia, tú PUEDE hacerlo mejor que esto...

I agree with your opinion, but when you have been surviving for years, it is not difficult for you to do so. it all comes down to looking for food, drink and not getting killed. after years let me say that it becomes very monotonous.
I remember again that it is my favorite game but I am an admin of a community in which many users leave DayZ looking for more entertaining games like Fallout, which is a very similar system, I just came to present an idea that would help keep even more users in the community

Edited by iDW13N NUEVAVIDA
  • Like 1

Bonfires. Bonfires everywhere. In buildings, in walls. Blocking loot. Thanks for fixing the combine button....but now other things are broken. COME ON. 

Pls fix the textures rendering. Everything is popping in and there are green/white/Purple textures before it renders. [Series X console].

Pls fix ASAP 

Edited by GopnikSZN

Pls fix the textures Rendering. Its very bad after update. Pop ins and green/white/purple textures everywhere [series x]

Edited by GopnikSZN

Truck_01_covered - has no power whatsoever on inclined surfaces. The wheels sit and spin at random, and the whole truck acts like it has a I beam stuck in the middle of its suspension causing it to rock from left to right.

Offroad_02 - has no power on inclined surfaces. and shifting it is absolutely unreliable. STILL has no slot for a Hood to be installed. This is necessary for .JSON spawning of the Offroad_02.

Offroad hatchbacks - Like the truck it wobbles back and forth from right to left tires causing it to take and make turns erratically.

Edited by vlastnayapara

So when will swimming be fixed.

Spend days building bases to have them dismantled from the inside out in 30 minutes offline.

Don't understand the logic.

You should spend the year just fixing glitches and bugs.

Hard gamers don't care about cloths when push comes to shove.

Edited by defender of dead

On 2/22/2023 at 9:19 AM, iDW13N NUEVAVIDA said:

I agree with your opinion, but when you have been surviving for years, it is not difficult for you to do so. it all comes down to looking for food, drink and not getting killed. after years let me say that it becomes very monotonous.
I remember again that it is my favorite game but I am an admin of a community in which many users leave DayZ looking for more entertaining games like Fallout, which is a very similar system, I just came to present an idea that would help keep even more users in the community

I am an owner of 2 servers (1 Chernarus and 1 Livonia) and experience the same issue that you do with players coming and going, but not necessarily to other games but to other servers that are either easier to play because of increased (boosted) loot, unlimited stamina and/or more pvp focused gameplay, etc. I make my servers a little harder to play and focus more on the reality side of the "idea" that DayZ brings. Do I blame them? No. We all have to take a break from the "monotony" that DayZ can bring, however, "special events" can keep players on ther server (or in the game) a little longer. I also play other games, not JUST DayZ and I get it. However, as I stated, DayZ is a survival game in a post apocolytic setting and in reality (as the game is supposedly based on and is supposed to represent) life in that kind of setting CAN become monotonous with small periods of Adrenalin pumping "OH SH**" moments, as I experienced yesterday while out looking for supplies.. apparently someone wanted my car and loot and started shooting at me as I drove past a small village. Made it out unscathed, but it was rather a little fun as I havent been ambushed in a while. THAT is supposed to be the game. It is up to the owner(s) and Admin team to come up with event ideas to keep players on their server, not necessarily the game. Those who leave the game are usually those that cannot figure out how to survive in a hostile environment that DayZ represents, not because its "monotonous".

Console Stable 1.20 Update 3 - Version 1.20.155844 (Released on 01.03.2023)

If your community server was impacted by the duplicated objects through object spawner usage, we are highly recommending to wipe your server contents - or revert to a previous storage version - to assure game stability. Not following this procedure can result in severe instabilities.

FIXED

SERVER

• Fixed: Spawning objects with _DE-suffix by Object Spawner could result in them being duplicated with every server restart

KNOWN ISSUES

• Weapons that in previous version were bugged due to loading a bullet from a ruined magazine need to chamber a bullet to function again
  • The gear box of the M1025 might desync when shifted up in drive mode

Hopefully there is a fix in place for the inventory bug that came with 1.20? When closing your weapons inventory tab if you put the weapon in your hands and then return to your back the inventory tab in open again. 

M1025 thinks it’s a manual transmission because I have had the desync bug but fix it by pressing a and B to get the M1025 to function.

Edited by Duskbringer

On 3/1/2023 at 7:30 PM, WOLVERlNES said:

Just loaded DayZ and had approx a 1.5Gb update, any patch notes?

Yeah, scroll up about 7 messages

Edited by Dennis F
  • Like 1

Camera while climbing ladders is still jenky.

Glad the vehicle teleport bug was fixed, it happened to me and my friends a few times.