Asmondian

Chernarus must evolve

3 hours ago, Parazight said:

Why is it that Asmondian threads always attract brand new users who have gigantic lists of suggestions?

Probably because he shares the link to the discussion on his twitter and he has quite a following. Nothing against him tho, discussions are good. At least it keeps community alive.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Probably because he shares the link to the discussion on his twitter and he has quite a following. Nothing against him tho, discussions are good. At least it keeps community alive.

Or maybe because they don’t understand that you post suggestions in the correct sub forum. Apparently dumping a bunch of half cooked suggestions all in the same post, in someone else’s thread, in the wrong forum, is okay. 

As far as gameplay is concerned, the official game could take a leaf out of the DayZIntenz book. DayIntenz is a "hardcore" server set in Chernarus. It has infected that are a very real threat. They can hear you better, see you better and fuck you up really bad if they get hold of you. More than three and your going to find yourself in hot water. It heightens the game experience immensely.

There's also a wide range of diseases that the player needs to be careful of, too, and the infected have a chance of infecting you, making them even more of a danger. My only gripe about how the infected are handled in DayZIntenz is that they still cannot actually kill the player which is, frankly, bloody stupid. However, as opposed to the official game where the infected are literally pointless, in DayZIntenz they actually make sense and they're not to be trifled with.

DayZIntenz also features a great skill tree that allows players to build up stats so their character can survive better. For instance, your hunting skills are next to 0. Lighting a fire ain't so simple. Sneaking and stealth have to be practiced to be truly effective, etc. And medicine is something that needs careful attention. If you get shot, you cannot just bandage and then bugger off like nothing happened. You need to stem the flow of blood with a hemostatic bandage and at some point remove the bullet. Picking up medical equipment is an absolute must.

Over all, it makes traveling through Charnarus much more difficult, but also much more rewarding and satisfying too. Unfortunately, once you've played DayZIntentz the official game becomes a little dull.

I'd really love it if the makers of the DayZIntenz map applied their mods to other maps, like Deer Isle, Namalsk, Banov or Barrington.

On 1/31/2023 at 12:35 PM, Tonyeh said:

As far as gameplay is concerned, the official game could take a leaf out of the DayZIntenz book. DayIntenz is a "hardcore" server set in Chernarus. It has infected that are a very real threat. They can hear you better, see you better and fuck you up really bad if they get hold of you. More than three and your going to find yourself in hot water. It heightens the game experience immensely.

There's also a wide range of diseases that the player needs to be careful of, too, and the infected have a chance of infecting you, making them even more of a danger. My only gripe about how the infected are handled in DayZIntenz is that they still cannot actually kill the player which is, frankly, bloody stupid. However, as opposed to the official game where the infected are literally pointless, in DayZIntenz they actually make sense and they're not to be trifled with.

DayZIntenz also features a great skill tree that allows players to build up stats so their character can survive better. For instance, your hunting skills are next to 0. Lighting a fire ain't so simple. Sneaking and stealth have to be practiced to be truly effective, etc. And medicine is something that needs careful attention. If you get shot, you cannot just bandage and then bugger off like nothing happened. You need to stem the flow of blood with a hemostatic bandage and at some point remove the bullet. Picking up medical equipment is an absolute must.

Over all, it makes traveling through Charnarus much more difficult, but also much more rewarding and satisfying too. Unfortunately, once you've played DayZIntentz the official game becomes a little dull.

I'd really love it if the makers of the DayZIntenz map applied their mods to other maps, like Deer Isle, Namalsk, Banov or Barrington.

I'm currently playing on one Hardcore RP server with the same mods and I can definitely tell you that its not suitable for vanilla. There is too much things to balance with all that diseases, wounds, meds for it etc. Same with skills, maybe a cool idea for RP servers but not for regular gameplay. 

2 hours ago, Kuzyn-704234ddb48d572a said:

I'm currently playing on one Hardcore RP server with the same mods and I can definitely tell you that its not suitable for vanilla. There is too much things to balance with all that diseases, wounds, meds for it etc. Same with skills, maybe a cool idea for RP servers but not for regular gameplay. 

It would great for regular gameplay. The DayzIntenz server isn't some wanky RP nonsense. It's essentially a vanilla server with the enhancements I mentioned. There's no clowns going around pretending their someone else or putting on silly accents. It's players playing the game like they would on a vanilla server, but with some mods that make the experience much harder.

It's DayZ as it should be. It's harsh, tough and unforgiving with infected that can seriously fuck up your day.

plz no.

Balance is the key towards everything. Game itself is problematic; It needs real polishing. Better game gives room for making it harder - in the end all that matters in survival are details. How many avatars died because of bugz? Because things weren't as they supposed to be? I've seen enough of ridiculously hard servers to know how it is. People are making servers where you lose your time not only because of bloated features but mostly because they trust this game too much. It's a swiss cheese and needs to be fixed first.

Other than that... Great feature this medicine thing is. People are not only walking armouries but also walking pharmacies. And of course their skill as field medic is top notch. Doctor K would be proud.

There's more to the DayZIntenz server than just the various meds. The infected are also something to be wary of. At the moment in vanilla, they're absolute shite. They're practically pointless and might as well not be in there at all.

As to the meds and illnesses, it enhances the game brilliantly. An infected person can give you concussion, for instance. You also need to sleep. That's a great addition to the survival aspect of the game. At the moment, the vanilla game is waaaay too easy. Food is plentiful, zombies don't mean shit, haven't had to worry about illness for (literally) years. If I avoid other players, my toon can last for months and months.

Also, people can't be "walking armouries" on DayZIntenz because you can't carry an arsenal of weapons as the amount of space available to the player is greatly limited compared to the vanilla game. Maybe play the server before just going "plz no".

Personally i think that this mentioned server is the worst of all i've ever experienced (hardcore-wise). It's not balanced in my eyes at all. So yeah, plz no.

Edited by nemorus
()

It's a hell of a lot more "balanced" and rewarding than vanilla DayZ, that's for damn sure. Where the hell is the "balance" in zombies that can't harm you? 😆

• Like 1

Was watching a dude like a day ago and he was playing on "IntenZ". There was a warzone near any spawnpoint. Tons of people and all were crazy - like during wipe day. Still, the guy managed to escape from all that mess and reached central part of the map. Sobors, Vybors and alike for hours. Then he looted almost an entire airfield. And he failed to see or even hear from any other player. Server was packed - i mean packed, like 70+20 waiting. Dude found everything and more quite easily - because nobody else was there before him. Ak's, plate carriers - even an svd and a mag for it. So now he's a walking armoury with backpack full of different meds "for any occasion". The further he got the easier the game become. So it seems that this server's only hard at the very beginning - because too many people around (each player spawns more infected). Sure, infected are more annoying - because of all that concussion type of jazz. But that would be it. There were some pluses though... I like hesco boxes which BI removed. HardCoreBackPack is also neat. Ok. The server's got potential - but currently lack of balance is obvious.

Also...

Almost everything is better than vanilla (again hardcore-wise). And that's the problem. The better vanilla is, the better the game is. Which BI seems to don't understand... The biggest annoyance when it comes to playing "DayZ" is finding a server which does not suck. There was this "Frostbite" last year but cheaters killed it in my opinion.

Edited by nemorus
hackers? what hackers... CHEATERS / get=got

What bollocks. 🤣

First of all, it's Chernarus. The map is huge and the odds are that you'll go for long stretches without meeting other players. It's been like that for, literally, years. Have you played DayZ?

And spawnpoint warzones are nothing new either, and they're CERTAINLY not the fault of the mods that the DayZIntenz server uses, because they don't impact player's decisions to have Bambi wars. That would be the players themselves. And I've seen that shit on every sever I've ever played.

Likewise, if the "dude" found "everything and more quite easily" then, frankly, he got lucky, because instances of AK's and super weapons have been reduced on the server.

Wanna paste a link to this video you were watching? Cos I don't believe you.

🤔

Why bother watching since its "bollocks"...? All mine points are garbage to you so i would rather ignore yer trolling/fanboism and move on. I've stated already what's wrong: vanilla needs polishing and features. And what people say in different topic? "cut out features from vanilla, just because". Ye, cut out everything that was half-assed and then nothing will be left.

I played Intenz today. Fresh spawned near a well, and drinking from it was the very first action i did. Clean hands, didn't drink myself full. Crept another 50m and then i violently threw up. Then a food poisoning icon appeared and i slowly puked myself to death. Such fun 😞

• Beans 1

21 hours ago, nemorus said:

🤔

Why bother watching since its "bollocks"...? All mine points are garbage to you so i would rather ignore yer trolling/fanboism and move on. I've stated already what's wrong: vanilla needs polishing and features. And what people say in different topic? "cut out features from vanilla, just because". Ye, cut out everything that was half-assed and then nothing will be left.

So that's a no then.

Grand.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 8:55 PM, lemmac said:

I played Intenz today. Fresh spawned near a well, and drinking from it was the very first action i did. Clean hands, didn't drink myself full. Crept another 50m and then i violently threw up. Then a food poisoning icon appeared and i slowly puked myself to death. Such fun 😞

That's the problem with that mod introducing those illnesses. Random shit is too random. And it's hard to balance and polish every new bug that this complex system introduces. Of course, there are some things that could be added at some point like minor scratches to the body that does not need a bandage/rag and only if you stack them then you have serious bleeding or you need to get a deep cut. But its a months of testing.

Minor scratches are already part of the DayZIntenz server and you don't need to bandage them.

On 2/6/2023 at 9:42 PM, Tonyeh said:

It's a hell of a lot more "balanced" and rewarding than vanilla DayZ, that's for damn sure. Where the hell is the "balance" in zombies that can't harm you? 😆

I like the server, it's certainly more eventful than vanilla but it is far from balanced.

The zombies are somewhat of a threat in numbers, but it's still using the dumb block-attack-block-attack vanilla system, not what I'd call a big improvement. The zombies door opening mechanic is interesting but it is a non factor in most buildings, zombies will prioritize running to a window to maintain line of sight as opposed to taking down the doors, so it's easy to exploit and make it irrelevant.

The major PvE threat is the wolf packs being everywhere past the coast, which pretty much forces one to have a firearm before going north.

Where the server sorta falls apart is the PvP, you have all this mechanics to slow down the gameplay, you pretty much can't sprint, inventory management is a nightmare with the backpack in hands mechanic, you have a thousand medicine which forces people to meta game (I know there are perks that later on provide descriptions to them, but it's not obtainable for most people), so you'll spend hours just getting by only to kill/get killed instantly the moment someone pops up in your screen because the server is running at different gears as far as PvP and PvE goes due to the lack of a gun play overhaul mode. This is precisely the type of server that requires gun play with higher skill ceiling to justify investing time into a character.

On 2/5/2023 at 2:42 PM, Tonyeh said:

There's more to the DayZIntenz server than just the various meds. The infected are also something to be wary of. At the moment in vanilla, they're absolute shite. They're practically pointless and might as well not be in there at all.

As to the meds and illnesses, it enhances the game brilliantly. An infected person can give you concussion, for instance. You also need to sleep. That's a great addition to the survival aspect of the game. At the moment, the vanilla game is waaaay too easy. Food is plentiful, zombies don't mean shit, haven't had to worry about illness for (literally) years. If I avoid other players, my toon can last for months and months.

Also, people can't be "walking armouries" on DayZIntenz because you can't carry an arsenal of weapons as the amount of space available to the player is greatly limited compared to the vanilla game. Maybe play the server before just going "plz no".

I like a lot of what you mentioned in the post above this one. Apart from the need to sleep. Between full time job, gym and social life my time for games is limited. Being logged into the game just to sleep is excessive realism to a point of waste of time. 

• Sad 1

On 3/7/2023 at 12:09 PM, lay-4bd59d3ef91bba9a said:

I like the server, it's certainly more eventful than vanilla but it is far from balanced.

The zombies are somewhat of a threat in numbers, but it's still using the dumb block-attack-block-attack vanilla system, not what I'd call a big improvement. The zombies door opening mechanic is interesting but it is a non factor in most buildings, zombies will prioritize running to a window to maintain line of sight as opposed to taking down the doors, so it's easy to exploit and make it irrelevant.

The major PvE threat is the wolf packs being everywhere past the coast, which pretty much forces one to have a firearm before going north.

Where the server sorta falls apart is the PvP, you have all this mechanics to slow down the gameplay, you pretty much can't sprint, inventory management is a nightmare with the backpack in hands mechanic, you have a thousand medicine which forces people to meta game (I know there are perks that later on provide descriptions to them, but it's not obtainable for most people), so you'll spend hours just getting by only to kill/get killed instantly the moment someone pops up in your screen because the server is running at different gears as far as PvP and PvE goes due to the lack of a gun play overhaul mode. This is precisely the type of server that requires gun play with higher skill ceiling to justify investing time into a character.

In fairness, the block attack thing is inherent in the game itself. It's not the fault of the DayZIntenz server. That particular mechanic is simply part of the base game. I'd love to see it more randomised myself. Even so, on that server, if you have more than three zeds coming at you you'd better run or your going down in melee, more than likely.

I've never seen the zeds prioritise a window over a door myself though. They always bash through the door to get to me. Once they've seen me enter a building, they'll follow me through the door I went in.

Personally, I think the inventory is a vast improvement on the vanilla game. Space is a premium, like it should be. Players can't be walking arsenals and they have to choose their load carefully. No more magic pockets in a T-Shirt that can carry a 9mm Glock for example. And there's no more magically reaching into the depths of your backpack while sprinting along the road. To me, these are good things.

A lot of people keep banging on about medicines in the DayZIntenz server, but I found them pretty easy to figure out. The most important thing is antibiotics, which makes perfect sense. That and painkillers is what I'll carry. The rest you can forget about. The medicine aspect of the server really isn't that difficult to comprehend. Into the bargain, a player can simply look up the particular medicine online and see what it actually does in real life before choosing whether to carry it or not. So basically all anyone really needs, as far as meds are concerned, is antibiotic tablets for minor issues, an antibiotic pen injector/or syringe, and a few painkillers if you get a whack. The antibiotics will be largely needed for blood diseases, because if you're careful enough, you'll never get stomach infections.

If there's a criticism to be had about the server, apart from the fact that the zeds still cannot actually kill players 🙄 then it's the fact that it can take a silly amount of time to level up certain skills. For instance, if a player is shot on the DayZIntenz server, you cannot just simply bandage and run off like fuck all happened. You'll need a haemostatic dressing first to stem the flow of blood and then may need to stitch the wound after that. That can be a nightmare if you don't possess the necessary medicine skill to achieve that. I think maybe making that a little easier mechanic might be in order.

Other than that, I think that the server is easily the best way to play the game and I'd like to see the team expand it to Livonia and other maps.

On 3/7/2023 at 5:41 PM, General Zod said:

I like a lot of what you mentioned in the post above this one. Apart from the need to sleep. Between full time job, gym and social life my time for games is limited. Being logged into the game just to sleep is excessive realism to a point of waste of time. 

It really doesn't take that long though. And if you catch naps here and there, it's never a problem. In any case, I usually find some place safe and sleep when its night time, cos you can see bugger all on the server if you don't have any light or NVG.

I spose I like it cos it adds a layer of danger to the game. You never know who's going to pass you by when you're copping a few zzzz's in a bush. 😁

• Like 1