BushWookie_244

Zombies/Infected Level of Awareness

I cant begin to express how frustrating it is dealing with the infected in this game. Being an Arma 2 Dayz vet playing this game as it stands now makes me want to stop playing entirely with how broken everything else is on top of that. Stealth is quite literally not a thing in this game. Even with the lightest of tennis shoes and the slowest of crouch walking wont get you through military areas without being spotted many times with the combination of some infected literally spawning right in front of you. Either their level of awareness must me turned down or the players footsteps need to not be like were wearing led boots while wearing normal shoes.

Edited by BushWookie_244
Removed word in 2nd setence
  • Like 3
  • Beans 1

u must learn how to play. i dont get infected and i can stealth kill zombies "easly". In military zones its normal be hard to do it, distract zombies trowing something. Watch some youtube videos about dayz tricks and tips.

• Confused 1

I agree with OP, sneaking around is usually still too loud (both in PVP and PVE) and there's no way to move slower to be quieter.

I usually carry good melee weapons or silenced pistols for this reason so I can loot as quick as I can without getting overwhelmed by zed aggro.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

I agree with OP, sneaking around is usually still too loud (both in PVP and PVE) and there's no way to move slower to be quieter.

I usually carry good melee weapons or silenced pistols for this reason so I can loot as quick as I can without getting overwhelmed by zed aggro.

And when it is dark, the zombies should not be able to see you! It seems like they have integrated nightvision in their eyes. They should only react if you too noisy in the dark. Then the sneaking and crawling would also become really exciting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

23 hours ago, clickptg said:

u must learn how to play. i dont get infected and i can stealth kill zombies "easly". In military zones its normal be hard to do it, distract zombies trowing something. Watch some youtube videos about dayz tricks and tips.

usually zombies come right to you when you throw an object, no matter the direction. It's like they just automatically know where you are at all times, this is supported by the fact that they tend to drift toward your position even when youre sat in a bush, motionless. They clearly need work, same goes for the animals. They behave like theyre from a ps2 game 

Edited by Misnomera
  • Like 3
  • Beans 1

7 hours ago, Misnomera said:

this is supported by the fact that they tend to drift toward your position even when youre sat in a bush

I knew about the item throw issue, but I always suspected there was something weird with their pathing when I'm overlooking a town from a bush. Would be nice if that was changed/fixed.

• Like 2

My partner and I were up in the north west military areas and I legit had a infected spawn probly 10 feet in front of me. Watched the game flash/load him in heading right at me. Not only that but stealth kills I get screwed over on a good portion of the time cuz your character wont always pull his hand up when you pull the trigger. Giving the infected just enough time to turn around on you. I play on Series X btw.

• Beans 1

On 12/26/2022 at 7:51 AM, clickptg said:

Thanks for your useless comment.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2022 at 12:51 PM, clickptg said:

Right, you clearly haven't played the game before. Smh

1 hour ago, BushWookie_244 said:

My partner and I were up in the north west military areas and I legit had a infected spawn probly 10 feet in front of me. Watched the game flash/load him in heading right at me. Not only that but stealth kills I get screwed over on a good portion of the time cuz your character wont always pull his hand up when you pull the trigger. Giving the infected just enough time to turn around on you. I play on Series X btw.

i highly doubt zombies spawn in a radius of 10 feet from u. thousands of hours in the game and never experienced this behaviour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, etwas said:

i highly doubt zombies spawn in a radius of 10 feet from u. thousands of hours in the game and never experienced this behaviour.

Me neither, and I'm on xbox one. I wish they'd fix the thrown object issue though. They do always seem to know where it was thrown from unless it's a flare or the fireworks. 

• Beans 1

7 hours ago, BushWookie_244 said:

Thanks for your useless comment.

learn something

6 hours ago, clickptg said:

learn something

People know how to stealth kill infected. That's not the issue. 

I made a list of must have things in every great infected.

1. Likes long walks on the coast.

2. Must have a load primal scream

3. Enjoys brains over-easy.

4. "easly" stealth killed.

5. has a beret.

14 hours ago, etwas said:

its possible. Seen that a few times myself. May something to do with modded spawn rates, spawn itself (more players in vicinity = more npcs), hardware and internet connection.