Valorex1

Fix this shit game

As long as this game has been out and not having very basic mechanics working properly. Crawling through unbroken windows into building and pushing a team mate through small areas, vehicles are absolute shit still just to name a few the list is long than anyone would ever want to post how tf has this game not entirely died out. I think the modded community alone is keep this game alive. And my one question I have is how have I been deving my own game for about a year and a half and coming from no coding experience or prior game dev did I make a better vehicle system than a game that's been around for many years could do. I've literally tested my game with 30 ppl on it and don't have the sort of desync issues that this game has. I think the coders don't know how to code and that this enfusion engine the game runs on is utter shit.

Dear dayz devs let this trash game die and make something better and give this entire community an apology for relasing such a half assed thought out project that is such trash.

Strange that you’d blame the devs and not the management.   The devs (a handful of people at this point) do what they’re told. It’s  Spanel who is a shit business owner that no one in their right mind would work for if they’re concerned with their own careers. 

Otherwise, yea. The issues you mentioned are a total mess. 

5 hours ago, Valorex1 said:

Dear dayz devs let this trash game die and make something better and give this entire community an apology for relasing such a half assed thought out project that is such trash.

what an ignorant statement.

On 11/22/2022 at 11:19 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

So, are you saying you don't like it? 

What do you like in this game?

Three years ago I bought dayz sa livonia playing it occasionally. Yesterday I changed the server and choosed accidently a server with chernarus+ map. All this time I did not know that I can also play chernarus as a livonia buyer. All my memories came back when walking from the coast to the airfield. Because ten years ago I played all day until late at night chernarus with the dayz mod. I miss all the vehicles and the helicopter. I even looked for the green bicycle standing against the wall of a house. Or where is the plane that regularly drops packages at the airport to fight over. There are hardly any vehicles or no motorcycles to repair. I spent most of my time doing repairs, only to be finally shot down at the last moment. Where is the quad that you could race across the fields. You had to be careful though because of rocks and bumps. There was so much action. No question, the new map looks great with the weather system, yet it seems dead and abandoned to me now. For nostalgic reasons, I even have the Dayz mod music playing in the background. Imagine arriving at the airport at night and suddenly sounds 8:30. I still don't understand why there wasn't an effort to provide everything Dayz Mod offered just with the new graphics engine. 

On 12/19/2022 at 8:15 PM, Melone (DayZ) said:

What do you like in this game?

The essence of the game hasn't changed. 

On 12/19/2022 at 8:15 PM, Melone (DayZ) said:

All this time I did not know that I can also play chernarus as a livonia buyer.

But surely you had to buy dayz before you bought livonia?? Are you saying you've had it for three years and only just realised you can play on chernarus? Wtf

• Like 1

On 12/19/2022 at 9:15 PM, Melone (DayZ) said:

There was so much action.

Yeah you were playing Overpoch servers with ++++ loot and +++traders, starting packages and what not. 

That was not the vision for DayZ standalone. 

There are still servers like that.  But seeing as you think you just bought Livonia aa a game, you know nothing of this game and what it evolved to be all these years after this switch from mod to SA. 

The mod is nostalgia nothing more. There is not one factor of the mod thats better than what we have now. 

13 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

The essence of the game hasn't changed. 

But surely you had to buy dayz before you bought livonia?? Are you saying you've had it for three years and only just realised you can play on chernarus? Wtf

Yes, it was the Livonia Edition. I thought I bougth Livonia only and didnt  know that DayZ + Chernarus+ is basic. At that time I had wanted to enter a server with Chernarus as a test, but got an error and put it down to the fact that I had bought the Livonia Edition. Since then I had the server filter set to Livonia and have not changed it.