TOTAL WIPE - Yes or No ONLY

no.

there really is no point in alpha.

you can test relevant stuff with and without wipe just the same.

people rampant asking for a wipe just went mad over the stuff they lost.

I disagree. You can't really test properly when you've got bloated loot numbers through easy, and well practices exploits. Nearly every group I've been in dups items like its normal behaviour.

YES, if Rocket needs to do it.

Guys, it's freaking Alpha and you are alpha testers.

I'm not able to play since 3 weeks cause i'm stuck at the loading screen but why not, lets reset!

Edited by en1mal

Yup, but pointless 'till the game has been secured from glitches and scripts.

It'll probably happen when the standalone version will be released, hopefully.

The gold-status game must start totally from scratch... as every other online game (e.g. MMO) does after beta.

YES: MMO. Dayz is SOME KIND of mmo. You hunt for equipment, fight against NPCs and with/against other players and your character is stored outside of your PC... So Dayz IS some kind of mmo (even though much less mmo'ier than a real mmo).

Edited by RogueTrooper

1. Fix the Zombie aggro

2. Add more vehicles like helicopters

3. Prevent player disconnecting

4. Do a complete database reset

5. ???

6. Profit!

I'm all in for the big wipeout!

it would help in balancing the game now since alot of players have hoarded vehicles and superweapons.

Yes, only people who would be opposed are exploiters/hackers who have mountains of duped items they are clinging onto.

They can just spawn new stuff. Server owners are disabling BattleEye, running scripts, and turning it on again. The HIVE server sounded like an good idea but it's impossible to keep any kind of integrity to whats saved due to how ARMA2 allows you to cheat.

Once they fix Duping sure. As of now there is like 100 ways to completely dupe your inventory and tents.

Once they fix the main issues we're facing and then turn the mod into a stand alone game or beta version then I think we should have a complete wipe. Until then It doesn't matter much all the extra weapons people have help test out the game more imo.

so many players that have stuff in their gear that they shouldnt have, by hacking or picking up from hackers, so id say yes a million times. so what if people that are loaded lose their stuff, we are testing the game...

Quit crying already. A wipe won't do anything about that. They'll just re-acquire the items 5 seconds later. Jesus.

• Like 1

Right now? no whats the point, At 1.8 ? Sure wouldn't care and every First &/or Second digit up - sure go for it, its alpha and we're testers & suggesters

The move from alpha to beta - it probably should be reset and so on.

But if your crying for a reset because your bad &/or because of the exploiters & Cheaters? Sorry but your all out of luck. It'll need to be reset every day near enough and what would be the point in that?

People play this game very differently.

Now I have the stuff I have ingame I am MUCH more cautious about how I play the game. I don't wanna run around shooting at people because I don't wanna lose what I'm carrying.

Yeah, I can store things in a tent but with how the servers are at this current time I havent chosen a server yet.

Anyway, When it hits beta, wipe away.

For now, if you wipe my stuff It'll change how I'm playing the game. I'll play less cautiously as I won't care if I die or not for a while.

And I'd rather stay as I am.

A wipe for no reason, I don't agree with.

But if the devs see it necessary to wipe it for testing purposes, then by all means. Steal my beans.

Wiping to get rid of hackers stuff would put everyone at a disadvantage. Why? Because hackers would reacquire the best gear within minutes and we'd all have NOTHING.

Edited by AscendedMike

No I own 2 tents, a UAZ(with all kinds of hard to find stuff) 2 NVG's, 2 DMR's, coyote alpha, an M16A2, an M4 cco, 10+ cooked steaks, a gps, etc, etc. I found that all before 1.7.2 and i havent updated it yet, I most certainly do not want a reset. You just want it because you died by the glitch or a bandit and you're pissed so you think everyone should suffer the same as you.

I say make it a daily thing just so everyone has a chance at using vehicles.

I'd say: Yes

Reasoning: all the duped items would disappear instantly :P, although now that duping has been stopped? with 1.7.2 eventually everyone will start dying and losing gear to despawns.

I might be biased cuz i ended up on a server that had a dysnc for 2hrs....so i got all my gear back (clan mates put it in a vehicle after a sniper altercation at NE airfield) then subsequently reverted to 2 hrs back...no gear..and the vehicle also spawned 2hrs back in time but all my gear was gone.. :(

I'd be fine with a full wipe once a week.

I mean, first off, it's Alpha. Secondly, skill would be required. Imagine if every Sunday everything was wiped. The coasts would be full of players on Monday trying to get gear. Maybe some would team up, maybe some would try to be the first to get a gun and shoot everyone without a gun. That's the kind of crazy interactions I would enjoy.

Pretty sure that would never happen though.

Edited by Johnggernaut