robturpin

Cross-platform play

Several friends and I will not purchase nor support DayZ simply because they refuse to implement cross-platform gameplay.  We all have various systems for gaming, and we absolutely will not start buying all of the various consoles and the games for each one.  While it's true that "there is a noticeable imbalance between platforms because of controls (and inventory management <- not sure about this)", they absolutely can and SHOULD add cross-play code.  We're not alone here, search for "DayZ cross-play/cross-platform" and you can clearly see that many want it!

The only way to urge developers to do what we want, is to not support them until they do.  The only way that this works is for most of us to stick together.

Ok? You don't need to buy it then.

I honestly don't want crossplay. Console limitations don't belong on PC (example: PS requires that player names are visible whenever they use voice chat, that's dumb).

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Noticeale Imbalalce, but sure Just implement it anyway..... People these days only look to what it means for them, F the rest appearently. 

5 hours ago, robturpin said:

Several friends and I will not purchase nor support DayZ simply because they refuse to implement cross-platform gameplay.  We all have various systems for gaming, and we absolutely will not start buying all of the various consoles and the games for each one.  While it's true that "there is a noticeable imbalance between platforms because of controls (and inventory management <- not sure about this)", they absolutely can and SHOULD add cross-play code.  We're not alone here, search for "DayZ cross-play/cross-platform" and you can clearly see that many want it!

The only way to urge developers to do what we want, is to not support them until they do.  The only way that this works is for most of us to stick together.

There must be a lot of games you and you're friends refuse to buy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, robturpin said:

We all have various systems for gaming, and we absolutely will not start buying all of the various consoles and the games for each one.

And I refuse to watch movies until Disney owns all of the streaming services.

• Confused 1

On 10/1/2022 at 6:37 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

There must be a lot of games you and you're friends refuse to buy. 

Some, but principals must count for something. Is there anything that you believe so strongly for that you'll stand firm for change? Too many people who simply give up or "go along" are exactly what causes the corporate greed to keep growing worse and more tyrannical  Why does a Rolex watch cost over $5,000? Because people who can afford it simply pay the price. Thereby guaranteeing that the rest of us 99% never can.

Hey, I could very easily be wrong in that it's not a greed thing at all but rather extremely difficult or impossible coding. But I doubt it. Consider this, since farmers have realized that they can now charge (and easily get) 5x the old price for eggs ($0.69/doz -> $2.99/doz), just what incentive do they have to lower the prices back down? None! UNLESS and UNTIL enough people stop buying them to force them into coming back to reality.

Don't flame me or get me wrong, these are just games - I'm fine with or without them.  It's the principal that I'm pushing.

5 minutes ago, robturpin said:

Some, but principals must count for something. Is there anything that you believe so strongly for that you'll stand firm for change? Too many people who simply give up or "go along" are exactly what causes the corporate greed to keep growing worse

Bro your talking about cross play… there is also limitations technically id imagine. 

On 10/1/2022 at 2:17 PM, McWendy said:

Noticeable Imbalance, but sure Just implement it anyway..... People these days only look to what it means for them, F the rest apparently. 

Exactly, see I can't get the hang of and therefor can't be competitive at all using a console controller.  While my grandson on the other hand greatly prefers his Xbox and controller.  And then there are others who really prefer one console vs another - what about them?

So then why should any of us suffer or not be able to enjoy these games because of the feelings or preferences of others?

Consider the tailgates for Ford and Chevy trucks.  Each has their own exclusive features that the other can't use due to patent restrictions, and although I'd really enjoy a tailgate with ALL of these cool features I'm forced to buy a brand of truck that I do NOT like or else go without.  I agree that there needs to be royalties paid for cross-use, but If I'm willing to pay the extra then I don't see why I shouldn't be able to!  Do you think that I should perhaps buy both trucks or simply stop whining?  That kind of apathy is truly what has created the problems in America.

10 hours ago, robturpin said:

Some, but principals must count for something. Is there anything that you believe so strongly for that you'll stand firm for change? Too many people who simply give up or "go along" are exactly what causes the corporate greed to keep growing worse and more tyrannical  Why does a Rolex watch cost over $5,000? Because people who can afford it simply pay the price. Thereby guaranteeing that the rest of us 99% never can.

Hey, I could very easily be wrong in that it's not a greed thing at all but rather extremely difficult or impossible coding. But I doubt it. Consider this, since farmers have realized that they can now charge (and easily get) 5x the old price for eggs ($0.69/doz -> $2.99/doz), just what incentive do they have to lower the prices back down? None! UNLESS and UNTIL enough people stop buying them to force them into coming back to reality.

Don't flame me or get me wrong, these are just games - I'm fine with or without them.  It's the principal that I'm pushing.

Sorry, I fail to see what the price of eggs or rolex watches have to do with cross platform gaming? 

10 hours ago, robturpin said:

Do you think that I should perhaps buy both trucks or simply stop whining?

I think you should buy both trucks. 

On 10/1/2022 at 11:02 AM, robturpin said:

I created an account here just so I could disagree with this clown.

• Haha 2