hodko

BAN BY DEVELOPER (NOT BATTLEYE)

I was quietly playing with friends, played about 600 hours, but suddenly after a break I was suddenly banned by the developer of the game. Maybe it was a mistake? I heard that I can not buy the game on another account, as I immediately banned. Can you explain what I did wrong in the game? What rule did I break?
STEAM_0:0:77632988
U:1:155265976
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198115531704/

Edited by hodko

5 hours ago, etwas said:

the devs develop the game 😮 they dont ban people playing it nor cant they help regarding bans, battleye does: https://www.battleye.com/support/

And here is the essence of The Blame Circle.

BI is responsible for choosing Battleye as well as writing the code.  When people get banned they are told to deal with Battleye.  Yet, Battleye replies with "this is a developer ordered ban".    In the end, the responsibility is on BI for finding a service that doesn't suck large donkey balls.  

The number of false positives has to be higher than zero.  There are numerous examples where Battleye doesn't respond to inquiries.   Customer Service is shit, there are plenty of voices repeating this and it's never refuted by BI. Just look at recent posts!  They don't respond to emails.  On top of all this, cheating is everywhere.  There has been, and continues to be, alternatives to the present, but they're not explored.   Battleye and Bohemia Interactive both deserve bankruptcy; their product sucks and they don't communicate with their customers.

There's a mountain of problems with security and none of them are the fault of the consumer.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Parazight said:

And here is the essence of The Blame Circle.

BI is responsible for choosing Battleye as well as writing the code.  When people get banned they are told to deal with Battleye.  Yet, Battleye replies with "this is a developer ordered ban".    In the end, the responsibility is on BI for finding a service that doesn't suck large donkey balls.  

The number of false positives has to be higher than zero.  There are numerous examples where Battleye doesn't respond to inquiries.   Customer Service is shit, there are plenty of voices repeating this and it's never refuted by BI. Just look at recent posts!  They don't respond to emails.  On top of all this, cheating is everywhere.  There has been, and continues to be, alternatives to the present, but they're not explored.   Battleye and Bohemia Interactive both deserve bankruptcy; their product sucks and they don't communicate with their customers.

There's a mountain of problems with security and none of them are the fault of the consumer.  

Every dog's excrement is worth more than battleye's support, and I'm saying this while not even being mad 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 1:26 AM, eZthetic said:

Every dog's excrement is worth more than battleye's support, and I'm saying this while not even being mad 🙂

Even if a person is 100% guilty and is rightfully banned, why is it from the developer and not Battleye?!?  Why put the accountability on the developer when the automatic response is always 'Go talk to Battleye'??  All reports of this 'developer ban' result in customers coming to these forums because Battleye is passing the accountability.  I thought Battleye was in charge of security.  🙄  It seemed to me that the developers are busy enough making new guns, explosives and other non-survival related things to deal with security issues.

Also, this puts BI in a position where it can arbitrarily ban any number of people for any/no reason and not have to answer why.  Which adds no value to the customer.

After some consideration, we could blame the mess on unoptimized code, but heck, how is that even possible, we're like, 18 updates since the game came out of beta. 😏

6 hours ago, AlexMsK said:

Someone: I have 600 hours and got banned
me: 10k hours and no ban

I love how OP made a second profile not three hours after joining himself. 😂

I gave up on trying to explain to people that BattleEye and DayZ aren't same since they can't be bothered to make forum account or read the rules before asking for ban appeal. I seriously doubt that BE straight up bans someone out of blue sky. As far as I think, those people should stay banned.

• Beans 1

10 hours ago, Parazight said:

Even if a person is 100% guilty and is rightfully banned, why is it from the developer and not Battleye?!?  Why put the accountability on the developer when the automatic response is always 'Go talk to Battleye'??  All reports of this 'developer ban' result in customers coming to these forums because Battleye is passing the accountability.  I thought Battleye was in charge of security.  🙄  It seemed to me that the developers are busy enough making new guns, explosives and other non-survival related things to deal with security issues.

Also, this puts BI in a position where it can arbitrarily ban any number of people for any/no reason and not have to answer why.  Which adds no value to the customer.

After some consideration, we could blame the mess on unoptimized code, but heck, how is that even possible, we're like, 18 updates since the game came out of beta. 😏

I'm totally with you. Let's hope they realize their issues and do something against them. I for myself know that if I'd be banned without any reason, I wouldn't buy another copy of the game for sure.

Edited by eZthetic