Tommygunz89

WATER BOTTLE SUPPRESSOR IS CHEESE

How are you gonna act like this game is grounded in realism when you have a water bottle suppressor that can be reused after one shot? Water bottle suppressors should only be good for one shot. Anyone who argues this is CHEEZ 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Tommygunz89 said:

How are you gonna act like this game is grounded in realism

Realism? There is none, only gameplay mechanics... and there's very little point having a gameplay mechanic as useless as a one time use silencer lol

• Confused 1

Where’s the suggestion?

who said anything about realism?  We can’t smell or poop. Plus there’s infected in it. Realism was never the goal. Lol. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If you ask me water bottles should only suppress .22 for multiple shots, and 9mm/.45 for a few but not much. Everything else should have no effect.

Gas canisters or car oil filters? now those would be better but require more crafting.

I don't really see why a single shot would break a plastic bottle wrapped in duct tape: actually, for realism, it should last much longer. As well as EVERYTHING else (shoes, tools, knives ...)
DayZ is just that a "huge hodgepodge of bullshit", and it's the 2nd biggest flaw of him. (The 1st is that it is written by dogs and handled worse).
Rather, why not add some rags inside to really silence the shot? This could be more realistic... and that with the shots they wear out and need to be replaced ?

On 6/6/2022 at 8:56 PM, Tommygunz89 said:

How are you gonna act like this game is grounded in realism when you have a water bottle suppressor that can be reused after one shot? Water bottle suppressors should only be good for one shot. Anyone who argues this is CHEEZ 

I think sometimes it's worth making indulgences for the sake of gameplay. Even though this game tries to be "realistic". Although I agree with you.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

I don't really see why a single shot would break a plastic bottle wrapped in duct tape: actually, for realism, it should last much longer.

Feel free to decide on your own if it works or not, but if you ask me... that doesn't work.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Beans 1

Well, you could have imagined that it did not silence it, one of the many "bullshit" of DayZ... moreover, as already pointed out by several people, even the real suppressors do not silence as in the game (even if the Zs arrive anyway, as they had ears like dogs). What I disagree is how the video was made, it seems clear to me that the bottle was badly fasten. However it did NOT break, it just flew away... you could have used her again, even though she would never have muted anything.
What is really getting bored in this forum is that sometimes (when it's convenient) it is claimed that "DayZ is a realistic game", then it has to do this and that... other times it is claimed that "DayZ is just a video game not based on realism ", then it has to do this and that. But, unfortunately, I understand it, because they are the same programmers who, with their "questionable" work, do not have a precise direction... and I have been VERY kind with the terms...
Anyway I agree that the makeshift bottle is useless bullshit (actually), on the other hand, actually, it's really possible to make decent artisanal suppressors that don't work very badly (although not muted like in the game)... is a video game made badly and very roughly... the thing to "pretend nothing happened" are so many that to continue playing you have to be in love with the game, to endure all the absurdities and unrealities present.
Many times I wonder if it makes practical sense to discuss the game in this forum, as well as the "mere vent" of a player frustrated by a very fun game but full of flaws and bullshit. Kind of like "howling at the Moon".
Mah... 😕

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

What is really getting bored in this forum is that sometimes (when it's convenient) it is claimed that "DayZ is a realistic game", then it has to do this and that... other times it is claimed that "DayZ is just a video game not based on realism ", then it has to do this and that.

I get what you are saying, and I don't want a completely realistic game. Some aspects could be realistic though, but some shouldn't.

If it adds depth and variety to the game then I want it in the game, otherwise no. Some mechanics shouldn't be realistic.

At best, I would settle for only 1 time use for Bottle suppressors but I don't think they should be effective for big guns.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

They have a good idea of a craftable suppressor 

On 6/7/2022 at 11:59 AM, lemmac said:

Realism? There is none, only gameplay mechanics... and there's very little point having a gameplay mechanic as useless as a one time use silencer lol

Ok then no craftable suppressor it is. I like that EVEN BETTER 

Edited by Tommygunz89
  • Sad 1

I really like the idea of crafting things, it gives players multiple options to deal with different scenarios... the game would be far less interesting if you could only chance upon by luck items you might later find useful. Craftable range weapons are still sadly lacking (bows, catapults) as is the ability to throw missiles such as stones and tins and even the spears to injure or KO someone or something.

The improvised clothing mechanic is not very well applied (outside of foot/hand/face wraps)... having to rip up perfectly good clothes (with their better stat properties of insulation and carrying capacity) into rags to then wrap around your body is a joke.

Birds should be more than random ambient sounds too. I understand the limitations of having them as real interactive physical entities but imagine them taking to the air due to gunfire or wheeling above corpses in a field (a bit like helicopter/chimney smoke)... that would be a really atmospheric gameplay mechanic IMO. Even just the calls alone of carrion feeders (crows/buzzards) in the vicinity of dead bodies would be great, with the sound carrying far further than flies.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

2 hours ago, lemmac said:

I really like the idea of crafting things, it gives players multiple options to deal with different scenarios... the game would be far less interesting if you could only chance upon by luck items you might later find useful. Craftable range weapons are still sadly lacking (bows, catapults) as is the ability to throw missiles such as stones and tins and even the spears to injure or KO someone or something.

The improvised clothing mechanic is not very well applied (outside of foot/hand/face wraps)... having to rip up perfectly good clothes (with their better stat properties of insulation and carrying capacity) into rags to then wrap around your body is a joke.

Birds should be more than random ambient sounds too. I understand the limitations of having them as real interactive physical entities but imagine them taking to the air due to gunfire or wheeling above corpses in a field (a bit like helicopter/chimney smoke)... that would be a really atmospheric gameplay mechanic IMO. Even just the calls alone of carrion feeders (crows/buzzards) in the vicinity of dead bodies would be great, with the sound carrying far further than flies.

Yup, all solid ideas here. The Long Dark had the feature carrion flying above deer corpses. As for clothing, the only point I can see for wraps is if you can't find shoes. But honestly, I've never been without shoes since game released

Obviously, no one would tear apart a "commercial" jacket and trousers to make other more "artisanal" ones ... but this feature can be useful for shoes and gloves.
I too have not been without shoes for a long time, but I must admit that sometimes I have had to look for any type of shoe on purpose in order not to remain barefoot, and it was not easy ... and the gloves, at the beginning, are useful but not very common. Being able to bandage your hands isn't a bad idea.

On 6/9/2022 at 6:33 AM, lemmac said:

I’ve seen videos of game play with circling vultures. Not sure if it was a mod but obviously it was on pc not console. Would be a great addition.