Nicklander

Idea: What if bases would only load for online players?

42 minutes ago, Nicklander said:

Their focus should 100% be put on Arma4. 

Their focus has been 100% on Arma4 for a while now. Best case scenario at this point is we get the arma4 mod tools. And seeing there is the beginnings of a zombie mod for Reforger already, there is a good possibility that Dayz mod will working when Arma4 drops. 

3 hours ago, Nicklander said:

Their focus should 100% be put on Arma4. 

Who says it's not?  Reforger is out which is basically Arma 4 Lite.  This is BI's "NEW" way to alpha/Early Access a game.  They learned with DayZ you can't just let feature creep and all the other nasty development debacles keep your game in Development Hell.  Now they just create a fake game to test all the features they plan to put in the real game and call it an evolution.  If Reforger is ANY indication on what Arma 4 will be like, well, Arma 4 ain't looking all that great.  BI seriously needs to revisit allowing AI to be offloaded elsewhere, like it was in Arma 3 early on.  The only way to make servers waaaay more playable and have a living battlefield is to get that AI offloaded, or maybe even optimize the game to use the GPU better for AI.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Beans 1

I think people want to build massive bases and then hoard as many items as they possibly can in them is because it gives them something to do. I said this before, once you get some semi decent gear and full hydration and energy bars the fight for survival is over. You are no longer at risk of starving or dying from disease, even wild animals aren't a threat once you have few spare bullets. PvE is only a thing during first few hours after you spawn as a freshie, after that if you want to get some entertainment out of the game you either have to go and do PvP or build a base and try to get as mant rare items in there as you can. Most people don't want to play farming simulator so growing their own tomatoes and zucchini won't be their play-style. Devs adamantly ignore any suggestions to make all item including food a lot rare so that you actually have to fight for survival. Instead we're getting explosives and grenade launcher which is a crystal clear indication that the direction this game is heading in is that of a open shooter with survival elements. Also introduction of explosives will make base building even more pointless than it is now, because now at least if someone wants to get into one they need to find a bunch of grenades, but once the 1.18 all they'll need is one improvised explosive and they're in. 

• Beans 2

2 hours ago, General Zod said:

Most people don't want to play farming simulator so growing their own tomatoes and zucchini won't be their play-style. Devs adamantly ignore any suggestions to make all item including food a lot rare so that you actually have to fight for survival. Instead we're getting explosives and grenade launcher which is a crystal clear indication that the direction this game is heading in is that of a open shooter with survival elements. Also introduction of explosives will make base building even more pointless than it is now, because now at least if someone wants to get into one they need to find a bunch of grenades, but once the 1.18 all they'll need is one improvised explosive and they're in. 

This is so on point.  Farming in this game is a true tragedy.  Another mechanic that should have been thought out more.  It's too simple.  There should be a lot more variation in the amount of food you get and if it is diseased or not, and there should literally only be a few packets of seed of each variety in the server economy at any given moment.  But overall it does feel like farming simulator as it sits in vanilla at the moment.  But let's be real, DayZ has it's roots in Arma, so the survival aspect of the game has always been an addon.  The gunplay due to those roots in Arma is what people have always enjoyed.  It feels real, weighty.  That's what draws you in.  People saying PvE is what make DayZ fun are kidding themselves.  Other than the shooter aspect of this game everything else is just tacked on to make to get more people playing it and fodder for the PvP guys.  Don't get me wrong, I still love it, but Christ Almighty, what I would not give for a competent company to put a true survival situation together.  I am still hoping for Dead Matter to resurrect itself and be that game that does it right.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman

I think that the base system as it is currently is not useful...it is, but it doesn't exist...that takes away an important aspect of the game...which also takes away hours of play...right now making a wall and place the barbed wires on it (THEY DON'T WORK CORRECTLY...you can destroy the barbed wires at the bottom without touching or damaging the lower wall), it's a waste of time.