Agonyforme

Unfair Loading In Game exploit

Hello. I want finally ask the development team if they are aware about this so unfair practique. You turn off the DayZ app. (PlayStation console) And you start the game again. And load to the Server. When your character spawns on the map for few seconds you see no trees, buildings, walls, fences etc. But you can see the other players there in distance or everywhere you look. So it's an unfair exploit. This is game where hiding and staying hidden is the only thing you have. I think I don't need to explain why and how much is this unfair. Can you just put black screen in font of players eyes until is everything loaded in the game? It's player responsibility to log off at some safe place. Hidden in bush or something. It's very small risk comparing to this load in bull****. Can developer answer this and tell us if he can do something with this? It's the biggest problem of the game. And every true and fair DayZ player want to know he is safe from this unfair exploit. Do please something with this. My apologies. English is not my native tongue. I can write in Czech if developers don't understand what I mean with this post/question. 

• Like 1

You, me, and others have brought this up repeatedly, will they listen to the community? Don’t hold your breath….

Edited by Tommygunz89

Hi, this happens because of the hardware.  This problem does not exist for computers with fast SSDs.  Well, it does, but it only happens for a microsecond.  I'm not sure if there's a way to change the application code so that the data loads faster.

I have suggested a sort of 'blindness' debuff when a player loads to deal with this exploit.  Something needs to be done.  I'm sure the problem is known, but a specific response is unlikely.

You live in the Czech Republic?  Maybe you should go to the Prague office.  Tell Spanel yourself.   Or maybe talk to the PR manager, if you can find him.

Edited by Parazight
  • Beans 1

Now they seem to have 'unoptimised' the PS5 after optimising it a few patches back, it's even easier to exploit. You can close your app and load back in so much sooner due to the PS5s SSD.

For the same X-ray effect (as I believe it is referred to) you can also turn 180 degrees from where you suspect there to be an enemy in a building, zoom into the horizon with a 12x hunting scope for a few seconds, then quickly turn back around 180 degrees and you can see through buildings again for a seconds. You don't even need to close the app! Top tip.

Please fix.

Edited by RZ0R

Dayz was never designed with Consoles in mind.  They did; however, rewrite the player controller to get that Console money.  It's obvious it was basically a money grab.  They also added "optional" directional hit effects for the console plebes.  Instead of fixing vehicle physics or graphics loading or a myriad of other things.

1 hour ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Dayz was never designed with Consoles in mind.  They did; however, rewrite the player controller to get that Console money.  It's obvious it was basically a money grab.  They also added "optional" directional hit effects for the console plebes.  Instead of fixing vehicle physics or graphics loading or a myriad of other things.

Did PC not yet directional hit effects?

1 hour ago, RZ0R said:

Did PC not yet directional hit effects?

They did. He just likes to blame console for all his broken dreams. 

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

They did. He just likes to blame console for all his broken dreams. 

It was made optional because the PC community went ballistic.  That is fact, documented here and on reddit.  DayZ was never meant to be a Console game, if one used more than two brain cells, one would know that as well.

2 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

It was made optional because the PC community went ballistic.  That is fact, documented here and on reddit.  DayZ was never meant to be a Console game, if one used more than two brain cells, one would know that as well.

This is true.  It was a game based off of a mod, designed to be a game for modders.

6 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

But it is, so cry me a river