caik

1.16 Big Base =Big Tears

So myself and a friend spent a fair bit of time hoarding 10 of everything at our two castle bases. On the announcement of the 1.17 wipe we decided to leave our good loot at base to try the permanent gas zone at riffy, which was quite a thrill and rewarding apart from one of us being overran by the infected. Once we returned to our castles the next day all was gone! When I say all I mean all. Walls and gates stripped, all loot vanished without a trace, barrels, tents and most strangely all the buried loot too. This is when the big tears kicked off😢. My LAR and silenced deagle gone! Both castle bases gone overnight without even a note to gloat. Couldn’t have been a server wipe because one of our other bases was still there, could somebody crack six pink combos? Or was our loot pile causing server issues and needed tidying up. A mystery….

If I wipe your base I will leave you a teddy to cuddle while you cry.

Regards

Craig

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

Was it on official?

Yep

Official recently got wiped, but then EVERYTHING on every official server is gone, ALL bases and characters.

But yeah people raid anything and everything and some people put in an effort to destroy all parts of the base and burn everything.

I can't be sure that it wasnt dupers with unlimited grenades or hackers that did it.

• Beans 1

I don’t mind a full wipe every so often, near enough back to full strength anyway. Got “my precious” LAR again.

If it was a legit player interaction I’d be impressed. I respect the amount of time and planning that would be needed to prepare for such a big dual base raid in the space of 12 hours. The fire would have to be going for a while to burn it all and to blast in would’ve required 36 grenades and six pots with stoves! I haven’t had an issue with hackers for some time now, far less common than back at the beginning. It could’ve been a double inside job, logged out before we built and used our stash of crowbars against us, but still a lot of effort to completely delete us and find all the buried loots…

I’ve raided a “couple” of bases in my time and generally try to respect the effort put in to build them (except the most recent raid where we tried and failed to wipe them). At worst take out a fence or two and make my own gate if it is appropriate or I plan to return. I’d even try to take everything and stash it, even the junk for them to hopefully try and take it back. And then I’ll take it back from them again… the circle of Dayz continues ad infinitum.

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I'm confused. So you're saying the wipe didn't delete your bases? 

Sorry about that. Yes, the 1.17 update did not wipe the two bases.

Version 1.16 - 2 Big bases with lots of loot, 1.17 update announced with two weeks notice of a full official server wipe, we play fast and loose for a night and return to a complete dissapearance of vast amounts of gear, tents, barrels, protector cases, wooden crates, gates, fences and most worryingly all the buried loot! Big tears😢.

Two weeks later 1.17 update wipes everything else on the map including toons. A couple of weeks in and we have re-stashed a mega pile of loot (including welcome additions such as meat tenderiser and tomato cooking timer).

Hope all is clear @DayzDayzFanboy, but what isn’t clear is how the two bases were completely wiped in such a short space of time.

Kudos to the supreme wiper of Cherno.  

Edited by caik

Wipe was on April 19th, and everything was wiped.

Everything else is player caused (i.e. destroying the base) OR it decayed on it's own (each item has a lifespan that is reset every time it's interacted with).
I think without a flag base decays for 45 days. Other items on the ground might vary from a few hours to few days.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, DefectiveWater said:

Wipe was on April 19th, and everything was wiped.

Everything else is player caused (i.e. destroying the base) OR it decayed on it's own (each item has a lifespan that is reset every time it's interacted with).
I think without a flag base decays for 45 days. Other items on the ground might vary from a few hours to few days.

I’m pretty sure it was a player that wiped us, but the effort made was extraordinary. I’m confident it wasn’t  natural decay. Either way the tears have dried! I’m over it… obviously!

Edited by caik
  • Beans 1