Kyiara

DayZ in 2022

4 hours ago, thepoey said:

This also drives me nuts lol 

I’ve trained myself to go to options and fix before logging into server.

BWAF, one of the largest Australian communities is shutting down.  Several reasons for their decision but I find it interesting that yet again, they mention that the hacker exploit being one of those reasons.  Since there was no mention of security fixes in the changelog, the rampant exploit any child can do to a server and has been reported to BI since 2018 will yet again not receive ANY attention in an update.  Are you guys going to put me in timeout again because you don't like public posts critical of you?  Instead of taking it out on a looooooong time BI customer who just wants to see things made right for players, you should spend more time fixing the issues that really tear this game up.  Do better BI.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

BWAF, one of the largest Australian communities is shutting down.  Several reasons for their decision but I find it interesting that yet again, they mention that the hacker exploit being one of those reasons.  Since there was no mention of security fixes in the changelog, the rampant exploit any child can do to a server and has been reported to BI since 2018 will yet again not receive ANY attention in an update.  Are you guys going to put me in timeout again because you don't like public posts critical of you?  Instead of taking it out on a looooooong time BI customer who just wants to see things made right for players, you should spend more time fixing the issues that really tear this game up.  Do better BI.

i think this already happened. small patch note, but a huge fix. at least according to what i heard in the dayz podcast.

4 minutes ago, etwas said:

i think this already happened. small patch note, but a huge fix. at least according to what i heard in the dayz podcast.

I'd like to hear an official word from BI.  Just a yes or no that the exploit is fixed, because servers were still being held hostage as soon as two weeks ago.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman

2 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I'd like to hear an official word from BI.  Just a yes or no that the exploit is fixed, because servers were still being held hostage as soon as two weeks ago.

i doubt BI gives any details on things like security updates. only a handful of people know about this (again according to the linked podcast).

Just now, etwas said:

i doubt BI gives any details on things like security updates. only a handful of people know about this (again according to the linked podcast).

More than a handful know about it, over 1600 signatures happened on the change.org petition to fix this major exploit.  So yeah, I'd say, a great many are informed, and many server owners are pissed, and all I am asking for is a simple yes it's fixed, or not yet.  I don't need details.

16 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

More than a handful know about it, over 1600 signatures happened on the change.org petition to fix this major exploit.  So yeah, I'd say, a great many are informed, and many server owners are pissed, and all I am asking for is a simple yes it's fixed, or not yet.  I don't need details.

im not talking about the exploit but the FIX.

Just now, etwas said:

im not talking about the exploit but the FIX.

Well, if Blue Waffle announced today that they are closing and one reason was due to the exploit, I'll ask some of those directly involved and see if they have heard anything official.

hi im new to dayz just done the update one my old gen xbox and no servers are showing up anyone help thanks in advance

Edited by MrJstev
i messed up n shared it to the same place again sry

On 2/10/2022 at 6:32 AM, Kyiara said:

Hello Survivors,

Update 1.16 is on the way and we thought this would be a good time to outline some of our plans for 2022. You’ll be happy to know that we are committed to supporting DayZ throughout 2022 and will continue to release frequent updates that include a healthy balance of fixes, stability, balancing, and new content.

Read the full article here.

All good stuff. I have to ask though, has there been any internal progress on consoles regarding addressing the duping exploits? 

I only pop on here these days in the vain hope there'll be some word on bicycles 🙂 

Game has come a long way and I love to see the progress, it's the best it has ever been and props to all involved.

But please, bicycles, I miss them in the vanilla game 😉

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, philbottle said:

But please, bicycles, I miss them in the vanilla game 😉

Don't expect them anytime soon, at least not before they fix vehicle physics first.

Can we please get wooden racks for consoles.  The ease or organizing and storing weapons with some ammo would be so much better than a crate tent or box.   We dont have to have the most elaborate metal ones.   Just a wooden one that can store 2 or 3 guns and some ammo.   Would put this game over the top if we could get that

You need to add a special infected. Which, upon visual contact with the player, will summon a Horde of zombies with a special cry. It will be very atmospheric.

I would love to see a Police car added with police belt that can hold mags, cuffs, a flashlight, and billy club.

I would love to be able to have an ankle holster for the smaller pistols

Blanks would be a funny yet interesting addition i believe

peep holes on doors in houses.

ability to decapitate people and put their head on a stick

ability to go threw my menu while sitting in a car

working dressers in homes and food in cabinets

a small snub nose revolver not just a weakened magnum

Bring back wild bores and add crocks and gators

Please add horns to cars

Ability for lock picks to be used on vehicles

ability to cook meals

BETTER STORAGE for ammo including gun racks and wall mounts.

crafting our own ammo would be a very welcomed addition as well

TOOLBOXES PLEASE

Medical kit with a space bigger then 9 slots

The NUMBER 1 thing i would love to see added is the ability for generators to power homes and use all that is inside. Drinking from the sink, washer and dryer return cloths to pristine, fridges store food and drink and keep it from spoiling, and lights . Yall already gave us fridges

I know the devs are working with the hell dean hall left them but please give us more depth and save us from being just a open world reskinned arma with zombies

Edited by Roostercake
  • Like 1

Five updates this year, huh. Which update will be trying out the new vehicle port?   19 or 20?  

I keep looking for updates from the brand manager on the dayz website here but continue to see nothing. Am I supposed to check Twitter or something for information? Am I not looking in the right spot?  Why is this website/forum so lacking in communication from the company?

New building models should be done. The current ones are so overused and repetitive it is nauseating. No more guns, more items needed. More creatures, perhaps some birds and rats and cockroaches. Eat the bugs. Like Greta wants to do.

• Haha 1