waffen

Devs before you move on to DayZ 2.0

Hi devs, first of all congrats on your efforts to update this game, me and my friends have returned and we've seen a high player count on official servers.

Please consider the following requests:

1.Locker. craftable, (full outfit same elements as the player) make it difficult to craft, for instance, 4 or 5 metal sheets, metal wire, nails etc. with the arrival of toxic areas, the necessity of a locker, for fast and easy change is IMPERATIVE. make it even compatible with the big truck as an attachment. enable it with lockpick and combination locks.

2.BASE, Fence with small door, Fence with working windows.

3.PU Scope, remove the green tint.

4.BASE, increase the building tolerance, I mean, make it easier to build fecces, not everywhere but more versatile.

thanks

1 hour ago, DefectiveWater said:

Green tint?

I don't think we'll see DayZ 2.0 in at least few years.

Yeah, what's this green tint? I've never noticed it. 

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Yeah, what's this green tint? I've never noticed it. 

Oh me and my frineds are playing official vanilla servers, when you use the PU scope there's a green tint, kind of a ray-ban sunglasses, not present in ACOG or hunter scope

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, waffen said:

Oh me and my frineds are playing official vanilla servers, when you use the PU scope there's a green tint, kind of a ray-ban sunglasses, not present in ACOG or hunter scope

Well I just went and did a quick test.

All of the scopes are aiming in the same general area, off by at most few meters. You can see the yellow tree on the bottom of all the screenshots.

ctt13cC.png

There is in fact a darker, slightly greenish filter only on PU scope.
To be honest... I think it's fine? I suppose it's meant to be like that cause it's an older scope than the rest... not sure.

Not enough for me to notice without testing, but there is a difference. Didn't know.

Hunting scope has no overlays, no glare, no shine, nothing.
2 ACOGs have just glare and reflection a bit, Mosin has least glare.

Edited by DefectiveWater

25 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Hmm interesting. Slightly off topic, but can scopes still get cracked and damaged? 

Good question, I'll be back in like 5 minutes with the results.

53 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Hmm interesting. Slightly off topic, but can scopes still get cracked and damaged? 

p6B5Xz3.png

Yup. I don't think they spawn damaged, like ever. I could achieve this by hitting the wall with them. Ended up spawning them "Badly Damaged" just to save time.
I have seen a clip or two half a year or year ago where somebody got shot and the shot hit their scope I think.

From left to right, top to bottom:
Baraka (looks almost brand new, no cracks just dirtier), ACOG, RVN, Combat Sights, Handgun scope
ACOG 6x, PSO-1, P1-87-L? that big ugly AK scope.

Scope damage can happen, but tbh it's reaaaaaally rare.
Maybe I should have picked a different background for screenshots... not a gray wall, but whatever.

EDIT:
You can also damage scopes on dropped guns.
Mounted pristine scope on Mosin, dropped it on the ground and shot the scope few times with UMP.
Scope became ruined.

I think it's fair to say gunshots can damage your scope while you are holding the rifle/carrying the rifle on your back.

EDIT2:
OFC the only scope that has literally no visible damage on the lens is the hunting scope, since it uses a 2d overlay instead of the 3d model.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Thanks 1

so what you guys think about:

A Locker, fully working, craftable, outfit like the modded ones

A Gun Display, fully working, carftable

Devs want us building raiding bases? I want this in vanilla

Why would we need a DayZ 2.0 to add these things?  Why not continue to improve mods?

16 hours ago, Parazight said:

Why would we need a DayZ 2.0 to add these things?  Why not continue to improve mods?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about DayZ 2.0 and I know mods with the items I ask exist.

All I'm saying is they add those items to vanilla, without the need of mods.

On 12/30/2021 at 7:28 PM, DefectiveWater said:

Yup. I don't think they spawn damaged, like ever. I could achieve this by hitting the wall with them. Ended up spawning them "Badly Damaged" just to save time.
I have seen a clip or two half a year or year ago where somebody got shot and the shot hit their scope I think.

That's correct, in the vanilla server configuration scopes and other optics (and many other items) are not included in the file that defines what items receive random damage when they spawn. Why it is like this is of course up to the devs to explain if they wish, but at least it is easy enough for server admins to add them into the loop. Makes the electric repair kit a more viable item since it is so rare for scopes to get damaged in action. It only works on battery powered optics though, which might be part of the reason they don't spawn damaged. If you find a damaged PU-scope or Hunting Scope you might as well toss it away, they're pretty much useless. (How an electric repair kit it can magically fix cracked lenses on  optics with illuminated reticle/red point is another question...)

As for the original topic I agree some more craftable storage would be nice, although a locker might not be the best thing. And yes, what vanilla base building needs is small doors and windows, building fortifications and a way to build a small roof (or an actual log cabin) plus, most importantly, a proper overhaul of the placement logic. Removing placement restrictions is ofc a nice new option for community servers, but letting it completely free opens the door to outrageous buildings, while building anything or placing a tent on vanilla servers is still extremely frustrating. It is nearly impossible in most locations you would actually pick for a hidden camp.

pu-scope-reticle.jpgmx0gy7qqjtz31.png?width=1042&format=png&auto=webp&s=344aa5ecb49db97791333499e1a4d515c6348c2f

Green tint seems to be just how the scope is. Might be cause it's old, might be because it was made like that.

PU in DayZ has too thin of lines and scope takes up too much of the screen size, but I think the latter has been done for gameplay purposes. Cause the distance from the screen is longer VS distance from the scope IRL.

On 1/5/2022 at 12:50 AM, Parazight said:

How many ways can you polish up a turd ?