lakevu

Dayz's Flawed Foundations: Movement and Gunplay

3 hours ago, Parazight said:

You WANT them to split the game in two and divide their development time?!?   We're still waiting 4 years to get bows back.

theres a higher picture here your negating.

why is dayz getting such little resources in the first place?

in other words. money. why are they not getting more of it with how popular the game is.

1 hour ago, blueshorts44 said:

Id rather wait 2 years for a good update than another update that adds more kitchen timers and useless crap

I agree but the useless crap does have its place. IE you cant have good things without there being bad things. or fireaxes without pitchforks

useless crap items have their place

However I do feel irresponsible levels of attention are given to things that should be prioritized. IE the player controller (movment & gunplay)

for a long time i thought that dayz was purposefully being destryed by bad decision making but im not so sure anymore. I'm starting to think they just dont know and dont know what their doing. no plan. no structure. just an idea comes up at the office and they act on it. no real longterm view of development. just whim oriented.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lakevu said:

theres a higher picture here your negating.

why is dayz getting such little resources in the first place?

in other words. money. why are they not getting more of it with how popular the game is.

I'm not discounting anything.

DayZ receives little support now because it's not popular and we're not dealing with a board of directors here.  We're dealing with one moron who made the company with his brother.  BI is poorly managed.  Marketing and PR is dreadful.  Extreme employee turnover.  Half assed projects.   Look, their brand managers wont even visit the forums.  The company hires multiple brand managers and all they know how to do is make pathetic youtube videos.  BI abandoned these forums because they believe console users don't know how to use the forums on their phones.  No, really! They said this!   They made a game for modding and then sold out when console people offered them money.  The plan was to have modders flesh out the rest of the game because all the employees quit.  Well, we don't have mods on console now do we?

It's not getting any real love because a majority of the developers left before the project was complete. Because the company sucks.  What sort of business owner thinks this is a good idea?

Go ahead, look at their employment board.  Check the company out.  Do the research.   You'd have to be crazy to invest your career into this dumpster fire.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Parazight said:

DayZ receives little support now because it's not popular and we're not dealing with a board of directors here.  We're dealing with one moron who made the company with his brother.  BI is poorly managed.  Marketing and PR is dreadful.  Extreme employee turnover.  Half assed projects.   Look, their brand managers wont even visit the forums.  The company hires multiple brand managers and all they know how to do is make pathetic youtube videos.  BI abandoned these forums because they believe console users don't know how to use the forums on their phones.  No, really! They said this!   They made a game for modding and then sold out when console people offered them money.  The plan was to have modders flesh out the rest of the game because all the employees quit.  Well, we don't have mods on console now do we?

It's not getting any real love because a majority of the developers left before the project was complete. Because the company sucks.  What sort of business owner thinks this is a good idea?

Go ahead, look at their employment board.  Check the company out.  Do the research.   You'd have to be crazy to invest your career into this dumpster fire.  

Waaa waaaaaa waaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! All I hear is an angry old lady crying tears of rage. DayZ is the 49th most played game on Steam as of now. Let that sink in, tough guy.

Edited by DayZWarrior1932
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Parazight said:

cant say im surprised

but for a game that is 28th in popularity on steam charts seems to be crazy to not get the resources it deserves

you know. it always amazes me that things like this are happening when this company literally made arma 2. I regard arma 2 pretty highly as a great game and i just dont understand how a company can make a product like that and then do something like this. it just doesnt make any sense. like how can you make the 16th chapel and then only be able to make macaroni art by comparison afterward? I'll never understand and it frustrates me to see it happening.

3 hours ago, DayZWarrior1932 said:

Waaa waaaaaa waaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! All I hear is an angry old lady crying tears of rage. DayZ is the 49th most played game on Steam as of now. Let that sink in, tough guy.

28th actually and the fact they can ignore this game that much and have it still be this popular is truly something to be said about this game.

4 hours ago, DayZWarrior1932 said:

For one time, you should rely on logic, facts, and evidence instead of always resorting to name calling. I don’t resort to name calling when I see your obvious troll attempts. Among ANY of your other troll accounts as well.  Go ahead.  Double check.  Where is it you see rage, anyway? Weird  

Please try to add something constructive once in a while. 

As far as popularity goes, pick a random day and then look at how many people are playing. It’s a small number. 

2 hours ago, Parazight said:

For one time, you should rely on logic, facts, and evidence instead of always resorting to name calling. I don’t resort to name calling when I see your obvious troll attempts. Among ANY of your other troll accounts as well.  Go ahead.  Double check.  Where is it you see rage, anyway? Weird  

As far as popularity goes, pick a random day and then look at how many people are playing. It’s a small number. 

look tough guy don't get an attitude with me. I have connections. the stats don't lie the facts ain't on your side and now you're trying to do damage control with vague speculations about player activity by turning a blind eye to the science

Edited by DayZWarrior1932

3 hours ago, Parazight said:

its actually 24th most played game on steam. 

not bad for a game that doesn't get any resources. surprising really

17 hours ago, lakevu said:

its actually 24th most played game on steam. 

not bad for a game that doesn't get any resources. surprising really

Whether it is first, last, or anywhere in between, the amount of players is incredibly low.  Arbitrary rankings don’t actually mean anything. When I do the napkin math, dayz is receiving more support than it should. 

9 hours ago, Parazight said:

Whether it is first, last, or anywhere in between, the amount of players is incredibly low.  Arbitrary rankings don’t actually mean anything. When I do the napkin math, dayz is receiving more support than it should. 

25 thousand average players is not incredibly low.

its not arbitrary if the metric is players. arbirtrary would be ranking games based off of a single persons subjective list of "favorites". 

a quick google tells me arma 3 sold 4 million copies, dayz 4 million aswell. yet dayz has double the average players. thus you would think the game should get more support than the main title. I'm not exactly sure of your reasoning behind "should" be getting less support. especially with those facts i stated before.

On 2/14/2023 at 7:05 AM, Parazight said:

Do you have a link to the quote somewhere where they mentioned console players being incapable of using forums? 

I’d really like to see that

Boost

i dont know who deleted my last boost but they shouldn't have.

I followed the rules and boosted only after 14 days. Today is the 22nd and the last comment was on the 7th. 

I would also appreciate it if I could stop being baby sat so I can actually converse with people without hours between comments by having to wait for somebody to "approve" my comments

thank you much appreciated

Edited by lakevu

boost 

last comment 22nd todays the 5th. (14days, 2 weeks)

boost

my last comment was the 5th todays the 19th.  (14days, 2 weeks)

boost

last comment was the 19th today is the 3rd (14days, 2 weeks)

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, lakevu said:

boost

last comment was the 19th today is the 3rd (14days, 2 weeks)

They dont care bro give up

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/4/2023 at 3:07 PM, SleeperZ said:

i deeply hope this isnt true

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/6/2023 at 1:56 AM, lakevu said:

i deeply hope this isnt true

You made this almost 2 years ago, not a single update was done based on what you said

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, SleeperZ said:

You made this almost 2 years ago, not a single update was done based on what you said

this is semi true. in the last update they introduced inertia. which does affect the fundamental aspect of the game, movement. 

now you are correct. literally none of my suggestions were incorporated in this change but did my post have anything to do with the addition of inertia? probably not.

I think at the very least this post is important not only to let bohemia know about the importance of these factors of the game (movement and gunplay), which they make games so i would find it hard to believe that spending as much time as they have making games, especially arma 2 they have not introspected a bit about the importance of these foundations of the game and their effects on the products complete experience. But this post should also be to inform everyone who does not yet know of these factors and how they play into effecting how they perceive and thus experience the game. and the more people who know about it the more people that will complain and demand change to these important parts of the game.

• Like 2

On 5/4/2023 at 9:07 PM, SleeperZ said:

No don't give up. This is an important matter. Because how do survivors die? Yea gunshots, probably 90% and that's why Dayz needs a good/better combat mechanic. Dayz is very good in a lot ways but combat sucks.

A couple months ago a friend started with dayz (we played arma2 dayzmod a lot together) and he automatically kneels down or goes prone when he spots a player. Like in the old days(z) because that's how you got good shots. I had to learn him to shot straight away standing up with hold breath for those "point click kills" and its just supersad.

There are all those great things like sway, dispersion, weight properly adjusted and effected with a decent stamina/breath system we could have the best gunfight mechanic what a great open word game like Dayz deserves. But whats best right now? Hard and heavy plate carrier + mosin (hello dispersion?)

tldr More Arma2 less Cod

• Like 2