Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.15 (Changelog)

On 1/18/2022 at 11:28 PM, DefectiveWater said:

Nah it ain't, and I say that even though I literally never built a single wall in the game. Not interested in basebuilding.
Game is lacking depth/detail/variety in so many aspects (gunplay, movement, survival, crafting, cars...), not just basebuilding.

Living off of canned beans with no survival aspects is not the game this should be, you can only do so much in the game that eventually boils down to just people doing PVP. DayZ should be more than just PVP and canned foods.

I still love the game though, but game is lacking a lot.

You can go fishing, you can go hunting, you can craft several traps to catch rabbits, fish.... You can even plant and grow vegetables.

24 minutes ago, Jappe Hallunken said:

You can go fishing, you can go hunting, you can craft several traps to catch rabbits, fish.... You can even plant and grow vegetables.

Yet you never actually need to - that's the point he's trying to make. You will easily stay fed by just eating whatever canned food or chips bags you come across, you never really need to actively hunt or fish (or grow veggies). 

I believe there are plans for the nuitritional value of foods to have an impact on immunity if nothing else. In the config of various edibles there is something called "nuitritional index" or something like that. So far I haven't figured out what this does - if anything - but different foods have different values and these follow a pattern. So eventually we may see that eating nothing but canned peaches and sardines might keep your energy in the white - but you get sicknesses anyway. We'll see what happens. There is at least one mod doing this already, not to mention a certain competitor game that brings it to a whole other level of nerdy detail...

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 3

3 hours ago, Jappe Hallunken said:

You can you can you can... the issue I have with is that you don't need to do those things, at all... Why would you do that when looting ANY town get's you enough food to go through half of the map?
It's literally a waste of time to go hunting unless you are starving somehow or are trying to gather food for a larger group.

As a solo player all you have to do is just loot towns for pistols, guns, other tools, and you end up finding a ton of food anyway.

Edited by DefectiveWater

13 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

You can you can you can... the issue I have with is that you don't need to do those things, at all... Why would you do that when looting ANY town get's you enough food to go through half of the map?
It's literally a waste of time to go hunting unless you are starving somehow or are trying to gather food for a larger group.

As a solo player all you have to do is just loot towns for pistols, guns, other tools, and you end up finding a ton of food anyway.

true. this is why chernarus drains your food quicker opposed to livonia right? chernarus being the colder map n all. 

On 1/18/2022 at 11:04 AM, Girth Brooks said:

They NEVER explain anything security related for obvious (I think....) reasons. I can't think of one game that goes into any detail on fixing security issues. So don't get your panties in a wad.

Security by obscurity is NOT security... 

Besides, I already have it figured out by now. 

The methods and techniques for security are published absolutely everywhere even for the encryption standards that allowed you to login to this site safely. Does it make it less safe for you to login to a website because this information is public?

1 hour ago, M4K3R said:

Security by obscurity is NOT security... 

And going into detail of how an exploit was fixed is helpful how?  Last time I checked, the source code wasn't public.

20 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Yes, this is true.  However, it isn't readily apparent to new players.  The game keeps the learning curve and journey of discovery in mind when balancing occurs.  Additionally, time sinks are important.  Maybe YOU don't need to do those things, but some people do.  Some of it is because people find it enjoyable.

On 1/22/2022 at 10:45 PM, DefectiveWater said:

Yea chernarus is to learn the game, but to master the game you have to play Namalsk Hardcore 😄