FoXiCZEk

is favoring of donors ethic ?

15 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

There are many popular servers out there that DON'T state they have P.A. enabled.  There's nothing that tells the player if it's being used or not.  Just the server admin's and their "friends" know it, UNLESS they spill it out in a recurring message, or something like Server Panel mod. 

Well if no one knows about it and it's really something for admins and their friends then there is nothing to advertise, I'll give them that. Above we're discussing monetization of this mechanic. If it is being monetized then I guess it is being advertised. Because if it is a server where admins and their friends have all the power, then perhaps queue skipping is the least of your worries. But why would you ever play on a server like that? 🙂 

• Like 1

@DefectiveWater

Good thing you removed that part about telling me what to do.  Nobody enjoys antagnostic asses. 

And I never said it was an exploit, i said it was a shady mechanic, and it is.  No matter the justification, it is abused by PvPers consistently.  If it's no problem for you. feel free to move on.  I am simply informing players that it is being abused.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman

15 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Unless the admin states it being used on the server, then PLAYERS DON'T KNOW IF IT'S BEING USED. 

There's nothing that tells the player if it's being used or not.

If the server is following the rules then they are properly listed here.  https://www.bohemia.net/monetization/approved/dayz  If you're some highly competitive DayZ PVP pro, then you should already be doing reconnaissance on potential servers, right?  If you're deep into modded PVP then you should know about this list.

In my opinion there is no abuse.  This is money doing its job.  Seems pretty reasonable.

A general warning to keep this topic civilized and free from personal conflict.

If you don't like priority access, just skip the server?

Any server I try out that has crap on it I don't like, I move on. It's simple. Played on an Esseker server a couple of weeks ago because it had a high pop. But it was shite. There was a permanent compass at the top of the screen, the names of sites all over the place and a chat stream in the lower left. After about 20 minutes, I knew it wasn't for me.

The same thing would happen in this case. People paying for priority access? Nope, I'm probably out. But even then it wouldn't really be that big a deal. Server restarts are announced way in advance, so there's plenty of time to get to somewhere safe if you're afraid that the off chance of being killed as you log back in might occur. Which is something that in over 8 years of playing has never happened to me.