boggle

Lightly modded server that nerfs hunger mechanic?

Looking for a lightly modded server that nerfs the hunger mechanic. As in, not as rapidly depleting hunger. Everything else I'm willing to deal with. I'd prefer to keep as much of the other gameplay as vanilla as possible.

Platform: PC

Region: Continental USA

I played Dayz SA a LOT years ago and I'm trying to get back into it. I don't care for the grind just to find food and nothing else. That's extremely boring. 

Edited by boggle
wrong word in title

What is the point of this thread?  Are you trying to ask a question in this sub-forum?

@Parazight I botched the title. I am looking for recommendations for a modded server that nerfs the hunger mechanic a bit. I copy pasted this from my deleted post on reddit and forgot to edit the contents to ask the actual question too. Sorry

Just catch a couple of fishes or Hunt some game. It Will keep you Fed much longer. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 7/22/2021 at 5:00 AM, McWendy said:

Just catch a couple of fishes or Hunt some game. It Will keep you Fed much longer. 

Right, the problem is finding a knife. By the time you do 75% of your health is gone. Not to mention you also have to find a chicken to make the hook. Or a gun to hunt bc they removed bows. 

I guess the best bet is still finding some kind of knife or make one if I can find the stones, then look for chickens. It's basically the same but the grind is now 3x as long as before. Not sure I have time for that anymore. But that's my problem. Bummer. 

7 minutes ago, boggle said:

Right, the problem is finding a knife. By the time you do 75% of your health is gone. Not to mention you also have to find a chicken to make the hook. Or a gun to hunt bc they removed bows. 

I guess the best bet is still finding some kind of knife or make one if I can find the stones, then look for chickens. It's basically the same but the grind is now 3x as long as before. Not sure I have time for that anymore. But that's my problem. Bummer. 

Yeah the knife can be a thing. Your best bet is indeed a stone knife. Which, as said before, is most likely to be found on dirt roads. Backtracking seems to help Spawn Stones. 

For the hook dont forget to search the small boats and dont skip looking inside boonie hats. They can contain hooks aswell. 

The removal of the bow is ludicrous in a survival game. One of my most missed items and highly needed especially now.

Yeah the grind is there a bit its true, but it is mostly in the beginning, which i think is a rather good thing. No more beelining the Nwaf or other high loot locations. 

But hey that's Just my opinion i dont play it for the PVP. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boggle said:

Not sure I have time for that anymore.

Maybe DayZ is not for you.  It doesn't sound like you're interested in 'the grind' at all.   This is not a game of easy pvp action all the time.  And honestly, you've been asking for solutions to easy problems.

I'm not sure how many servers are out there that are modded just to make the hunger mechanic easier.  It's really not hard to deal with if you have patience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Yeah, it's not for me. Guess I need to let it go. Different game now than it was pre 1.0. Thanks! At least DayZ still got their aerial vehicles via flying cars. 👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, boggle said:

Yeah, it's not for me. Guess I need to let it go. Different game now than it was pre 1.0. Thanks! At least DayZ still got their aerial vehicles via flying cars. 👍

If you dont mind modded you can still find a server to your liking. 

+++Loot, traders, PVP zones, helicopters there is enough to pick from.

You should try namalsk for a bit. The cold is a mf but loot cycles fast and by picking up and dumping trash you can even manipulate it yourself

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1