Kyiara

DayZ Update 1.13

what is your purpose? create an impossible game? did it, zombies give 2 attacks per second, a single zombie knocks you out with 4 attacks, locking zombies has become a problem now, they attack from a distance and on the move, adding zombie attack defense doesn't mean creating extremely strong zombies at the same time , it is possible to defend against a zombie yes, but two is impossible, congratulations, you are spoiling the game more and more with each update. it's terrible, there is no more fun playing dayz, other than playing on community servers, official servers are horrible. Fix the zombies, the only thing I ask you, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE any kind of pvp where there are zombies, you will die.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

AI must be something more than just a filler. Infected are the rulers of Chernorus and the players are only tourists. AI has one major purpose: to slow down players overall progress. You're not fighting against zombies but creatures driven with madness.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Just Caused said:

Are you playing on Namalsk? To me, it's much harder up there. 

Once you spawn on the coast, first thing I do is find a closest well. If you're good with killing zombied, sometimes they spawn food on them, but usually risk-reward isn't that worth it, especially with infection now. Go inland, it's literally same as when you played before. 🙂

No I have not even tried it. I tried it in the mod and the screaming ambient noise was too annoying. 

Problem is that I can't get inland far enough to get loot, by that time I am nearly dead. Although, I forgot that cannibalism is a thing....maybe I'll have to resort to that until I figure out a better strategy...is kuru back in? with all of it's side affects?

9 hours ago, boggle said:

No I have not even tried it. I tried it in the mod and the screaming ambient noise was too annoying. 

Problem is that I can't get inland far enough to get loot, by that time I am nearly dead. Although, I forgot that cannibalism is a thing....maybe I'll have to resort to that until I figure out a better strategy...is kuru back in? with all of it's side affects?

kuru is in the game yes, with the mad laughing and also you get the shakes when aiming down sights. it's been this way since the game came out I believe.

10 hours ago, felfex said:

what is your purpose? create an impossible game? did it, zombies give 2 attacks per second, a single zombie knocks you out with 4 attacks, locking zombies has become a problem now, they attack from a distance and on the move, adding zombie attack defense doesn't mean creating extremely strong zombies at the same time , it is possible to defend against a zombie yes, but two is impossible, congratulations, you are spoiling the game more and more with each update. it's terrible, there is no more fun playing dayz, other than playing on community servers, official servers are horrible. Fix the zombies, the only thing I ask you, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE any kind of pvp where there are zombies, you will die.

zombies are easier to kill around player spawn areas, the zombies get harder the further you go inland and that's how it should be. get a splitting axe or fire axe and you can easily defeat 2 at a time. the blocking system is now better than ever, I can easily kill 2 to 3 zombies at a time whilst blocking and timing my hits. it's really not as hard as you are making out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, boggle said:

I made a separate post about this, but I'll ask here:

What are some good survival tips out of the gate when spawning? Particular with warmth and food. It's been a couple years since I played, and I've been playing since sa launch. It's brutal now, or I'm just rusty.... I can't seem to find food, you get scratches from damn near everything, weapons are scarce, warm clothes are scarce. 

Used to be that I'd run into the woods right off the bat, and could craft some improvised tools to get me started, then find a crap gun good enough to hunt with, or I made a fishing rod and hook and fished. Camp stove with a tank, and pot were my pinnacle items I wanted to get and I felt like I could survive anything. That's not the case now. 

Any suggestions for a rusty veteran? 

Water, knife, chickens, clothes.

Jog, don't sprint.

• Like 1

there are more food items than previous year: of course boats beach are always good source, but take a look at "glass garden" (sorry english name eludes me) outside house and town/city zombies (they can be killed with backstab and knife)

For warm/cold try to find soon as possible better clothes than beginning ones, and not be scared if the terrible sickness icon appear in the first 20 minutes, eat and stay warm, it disappear in little time (avoid blu temperature icon too)

13 hours ago, boggle said:

Avoid kuru since if you're planning to play long term on same character, it'll have side effects. It really isn't that hard,  if you spawn in Berezino, head to Orlovets or Polana. If you spawn at Kabanino (SE corner, forgot names already since I play Esseker only now) I'd head towards Elektro and then thru checkpoint up north.

Maybe even try playing with someone, but in my opinion I survive PvE best on my own and PvP with teammates.

New update made this game boring and annoying to play . I’m already tired of spawning in a town that lacks meds , food and lack of warm clothes.  Getting sick in my first 10 mins of play, has nothing to do with my lack of skill and everything to do with bad Rng and a poorly thought out AI challenge . Overly aggressive zombies really stunt your time to find decent clothing  or a weapon  that is sharp for stealth kills .  getting food or to the fucking well is next to impossible at times . Spawning locations should be quick and easy to move on from IMO .  

this update brought a ton of replayability to the game . But really prevents players from getting to that point . I’m truly uninterested in spending my time hiding from zombies and looking for meds for 4hrs per night . 
I’ll be waiting for a better update before I log back into this pile of shit . 

Edited by IoI Eric IoI
Forgotten thoughts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

why is my dayz game so glitchy after this update? my inventory is extremly glitchy and freezes up and also sometimes i cant interact with the environment? help please anyone who has had this issue and managed to fix it 

• Beans 1

For anyone playing in PC and having the problem "Your latency is too high" after the 1.13 update and never had it before, I made a ticket about it in the Feedback Tracker and in General Discussion. Here are the links.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T159885

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/251151-your-latency-is-too-high/

Please leave a comment in case you have this issue, as even the smallest information will help the developers. I have seen it affects not only me, but a friend and several other people in the community servers I play.

Edited by Nolhek

The reason I have stopped playing this game as many of us have, is due to the changes making it more and more complex to play especially on console. Zombies are near impossible to run away from if alerted, and now with the introduction of infected wounds from rags makes it nearly impossible to play the game without dying from something or other. This is the dilemma of realistic gameplay, is that when things become more and more similar to real life, they become very boring and dull to play. But odd as infected wounds are extremely easy to treat in real life unless it you don't cut the infection off or burn it. And most small infections don't even kill so I fail to see any reason why this was added. People have been asking for a long time to make the game easier, not very easy but easier to play. Another thing I have noticed is the push to talk. As you cannot assign controls, it is hard to have a conversation with people in the game whilst doing basic tasks. And the vehicles. There needs to be a lot more vehicles and parts to be somewhat easier to access. This is why many people are modding the game. If you really support modding in various servers, add in features to make this easier and the community would greatly appreciate this as it will allow amazing new ideas and concepts to excel the game forward. I think if you want a super realistic gameplay, it should be added in another gamemode such as "hardcore" or "realistic". This would also encourage more new players to the game and increase the success of the game. Thanks if you actually read this lol.

1 hour ago, John Barnes said:

The reason I have stopped playing this game as many of us have, is due to the changes making it more and more complex to play especially on console. Zombies are near impossible to run away from if alerted, and now with the introduction of infected wounds from rags makes it nearly impossible to play the game without dying from something or other. This is the dilemma of realistic gameplay, is that when things become more and more similar to real life, they become very boring and dull to play. But odd as infected wounds are extremely easy to treat in real life unless it you don't cut the infection off or burn it. And most small infections don't even kill so I fail to see any reason why this was added. People have been asking for a long time to make the game easier, not very easy but easier to play. Another thing I have noticed is the push to talk. As you cannot assign controls, it is hard to have a conversation with people in the game whilst doing basic tasks. And the vehicles. There needs to be a lot more vehicles and parts to be somewhat easier to access. This is why many people are modding the game. If you really support modding in various servers, add in features to make this easier and the community would greatly appreciate this as it will allow amazing new ideas and concepts to excel the game forward. I think if you want a super realistic gameplay, it should be added in another gamemode such as "hardcore" or "realistic". This would also encourage more new players to the game and increase the success of the game. Thanks if you actually read this lol.

Don't get me wrong, but I don't see why this game was ever made for consoles aside from milking money from a dead game. It's just too complex to be on consoles. ARMA isn't on consoles, why should DayZ?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, John Barnes said:

I play on ps4 and you don't speak for me or anyone else that loves this game on console. I don't struggle at all on console day z so all I can say to you is get better at the game.... seriously, I play solo too and my character hasn't died once since 1.13 dropped. you must not have mastered the game yet... simple as that.

22 hours ago, John Barnes said:

Another thing I have noticed is the push to talk. As you cannot assign controls, it is hard to have a conversation with people in the game whilst doing basic tasks.

Are you playing on Xbox? On PS4/PS5 you can double tab d-pad down and this toggles VOIP ON. For some reason they forgot this on Xbox, so you need to hold the button THE WHOLE TIME when you try talk to someone and this can be super annoying and it's almost impossible in many situations! There is also no way to adjust the VOIP strength on consoles.

I have no idea why I'm the only one complaining about this but no wonder that the devs haven't fixed this yet if no one is complaining...

Okay, i made an account on here to Complain about it too. Dear Bohemia, i love Ur game and i hate it in the same time. Its on of those tough, sometimes hard and sometimes beautiful kind of Love. Please fix the VoIP so i can love it even more with hearing constant screams and curses towards me when im killing my victims. Seriously, we want TOGGLE VOIP on XBOX TOO, like on PLAYSTATION. cHeRnArUsIaN GOD'S, hEaR uS

• Beans 1

On 7/27/2021 at 1:34 PM, SillyJoe said:

Are you playing on Xbox? On PS4/PS5 you can double tab d-pad down and this toggles VOIP ON. For some reason they forgot this on Xbox, so you need to hold the button THE WHOLE TIME when you try talk to someone and this can be super annoying and it's almost impossible in many situations! There is also no way to adjust the VOIP strength on consoles.

I have no idea why I'm the only one complaining about this but no wonder that the devs haven't fixed this yet if no one is complaining...

I feel like built in party chat on Xbox kills a lot of VOIP opportunities. Most people are going to be in parties, and if they are, there’s no super quick way to switch back to Game Chat. You combine that with the lack of a VOIP toggle, and a ton of VOIP interactivity and features (walkies, radio transceivers) are ignored or useless.

edit: the other problem is being able to see exactly who and how many people are on a server. No sense in talking into a walkie in hopes a stranger might here when you know only 8 people are online, and 4 of them have the same clan tag.

Edited by thepoey

6 minutes ago, thepoey said:

the other problem is being able to see exactly who and how many people are on a server. No sense in talking into a walkie in hopes a stranger might here when you know only 8 people are online, and 4 of them have the same clan tag. 

Well you can press start and go to the Online Tab to see whos playing in the server but it doesn't tell you exactly how many players are in the server at the time (you could count tho :D). I don't think it should tell you WHO is in the server before joining it because it would make it too easy to stalk specific people!

Anyway the server browser def lacks info! There is no night/day time info, no exact player count and no info about Third/First person view.

I was under the impression that duping had been fixed in this update. However, I am starting to hear rumors from other players that it has not. I play on Public servers, personally I like being in a server with out private management because typically the people running private servers already have a bunch of gear and so do their friends. Duping has been an issue in this game for far to long and completely ruins the game. It is very frustrating to put in the time to play the game the right way, build a base only to be raided by a guy that found 1 grenade, that he turned into as many as needed to break through our walls. So I just wanted to check in to see if anyone knows if duping is still an issue.

On 7/26/2021 at 2:41 PM, John Barnes said:

I disagree with you on this. Zombies need to be hard, it is a zombie survival game... Surviving should be equally has hard, it is a survival game! 😉 There are some things that need to be fixed in this last update, such as the zombies reach, swinging through zombies, etc. and some other inventory bugs. However, the game play in the current state as far as difficulty is what the game needs. Once you survive for a little while, it gets pretty easy to have enough food, meds, etc. to stay alive. I would suggest that you focus on stealth kills, using fire to get heat buff if your temp is in blue, stay well fed and hydrated. There is plenty of food in the game to stay a live and sickness can be remedied. Again I think the difficulty is exactly where it needs to be, people just need to try and survive vs. trying to just run to a military base to get gear. This is a survival game first, with PvP in the mix. My biggest issue is the duping, inventory bugs and some of the melee combat bugs. Other than that the game has really come a long way. Plus it is a port from a PC game/mod that has been around forever. Realistically, it is time for a new DayZ game but this time actually developed to be a new game. Would love to see this type of game with updated graphics, inventory, etc. but with the size, scale and survival aspect of the current DayZ. It would be amazing to have the combat mechanics of say Battlefield but focused on survival like DayZ is now. Plus a huge open world . One mod that I thought was really good was Breaking Point, ArmaIII mod. That game was a lot like DayZ, a bit more focused on PvP but the one thing I really liked about that is the classes. You could choose to be a bandit, ranger, survivalist or neutral. You would get points to increase your level (3 levels for each) and you would get little perks, like healing people fasters or starting with a .22 pistol. If you were a ranger and killed other rangers you would loose points, drop levels and ultimately become a traitor. This really helped balance out the game because you did not want to shoot a good guy.

On 8/10/2021 at 7:36 AM, ShallowTech said:

I was under the impression that duping had been fixed in this update. However, I am starting to hear rumors from other players that it has not. I play on Public servers, personally I like being in a server with out private management because typically the people running private servers already have a bunch of gear and so do their friends. Duping has been an issue in this game for far to long and completely ruins the game. It is very frustrating to put in the time to play the game the right way, build a base only to be raided by a guy that found 1 grenade, that he turned into as many as needed to break through our walls. So I just wanted to check in to see if anyone knows if duping is still an issue.

Given that duping has been a problem in this game for almost the entire length of its development, I am starting it will never be fixed. As far as I can tell, it's still in the game. I think there's just too many bits and pieces of the old engine frankestein'ed into this thing for a lot of the old exploits to ever truly be removed, at least not with the current manpower BI wants to dedicate to this game. 

• Beans 1

After the release of update 1.13, ping has increased for all players on my server. Those who had 16, became 54. Because of this, as I understand it, things that were transferred in the inventory began to double, and they also double when laid out on the ground.

Hi, I love dayz and enjoy the punishment and reward system, But lately I've been stuck in a endless sick phase we're anything and everything seems to make me sick, I was wondering if you could possibly add a new item such as soap since antibiotics are such a difficult item to acquire, to which you could possibly clean items and yourself to. You would of course need a clean water source such as the top of a toilet water tank since it's more sterile than the bowl and random ponds, much love and appreciation from TheSurvivalHobo.

On 8/10/2021 at 11:16 AM, ShallowTech said:

I disagree with you on this. Zombies need to be hard, it is a zombie survival game... Surviving should be equally has hard, it is a survival game! 😉 There are some things that need to be fixed in this last update, such as the zombies reach, swinging through zombies, etc. and some other inventory bugs. However, the game play in the current state as far as difficulty is what the game needs. Once you survive for a little while, it gets pretty easy to have enough food, meds, etc. to stay alive. I would suggest that you focus on stealth kills, using fire to get heat buff if your temp is in blue, stay well fed and hydrated. There is plenty of food in the game to stay a live and sickness can be remedied. Again I think the difficulty is exactly where it needs to be, people just need to try and survive vs. trying to just run to a military base to get gear. This is a survival game first, with PvP in the mix. My biggest issue is the duping, inventory bugs and some of the melee combat bugs. Other than that the game has really come a long way. Plus it is a port from a PC game/mod that has been around forever. Realistically, it is time for a new DayZ game but this time actually developed to be a new game. Would love to see this type of game with updated graphics, inventory, etc. but with the size, scale and survival aspect of the current DayZ. It would be amazing to have the combat mechanics of say Battlefield but focused on survival like DayZ is now. Plus a huge open world . One mod that I thought was really good was Breaking Point, ArmaIII mod. That game was a lot like DayZ, a bit more focused on PvP but the one thing I really liked about that is the classes. You could choose to be a bandit, ranger, survivalist or neutral. You would get points to increase your level (3 levels for each) and you would get little perks, like healing people fasters or starting with a .22 pistol. If you were a ranger and killed other rangers you would loose points, drop levels and ultimately become a traitor. This really helped balance out the game because you did not want to shoot a good guy.

I respectfully agree on both sides, however I do think zombies should be at least a little nerfed because realistically rotting flesh isn't the best for movement, I think the zombies should be allowed to get of you after some point, that being said Dayz of course isn't the hottest triple A game so adding a bunch of features must take a lot from their team and to your point system idea I don't no if that's exactly accurate maybe a bounty system on players with a high kill count, much respect to another survivor -TheSurvivalHobo 

47 minutes ago, TheSurvivalHobo said:

I respectfully agree on both sides, however I do think zombies should be at least a little nerfed because realistically rotting flesh isn't the best for movement, I think the zombies should be allowed to get of you after some point, that being said Dayz of course isn't the hottest triple A game so adding a bunch of features must take a lot from their team and to your point system idea I don't no if that's exactly accurate maybe a bounty system on players with a high kill count, much respect to another survivor -TheSurvivalHobo 

They are not rotting flesh, they are infected. Normal human beings that have a rage disease. Nothing more nothing less. They are not shuffling brainless idiots. 

So yes they should be hard, fast, deadly. 

Also DayZ is not a AAA game. Its an idea taken from a game. And a good Idea at that. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1