James Adam Rimmer

wizard is in dayz/noobs perspective

Hey all, first time on Dayz here. From PUBG, to ark, to dayz? been an interesting time for me lately. :P

So first off, Id like to ask people how far along is this game as it seems somewhat incomplete ....like how do you craft? there is no tutorial on how to craft with nails, duct tape, or anything?
Next, can all of the cars in the game be fixed? Iv found tires and doors laying around, in fact I found 3 of the same type of cars at a gas staition and was attempting to fix one that was only missing a door and wheel, but the cars I walk up to see to not be interactive. Other than opening a door or hood. As a mechanic IRL, I feel like I could fix most of them, but cannot find a repair kit or such.
Last thats on top of my mind right now is the amount of loot.....does loot respawn or is it literally first come, first serve? I died 3 times due to starvation while looting a huge city.....found a gun, backpack, some ammo, and a motorcycle helmet, but died later due to starvation. The reason why I ask if its first come and first serve is every single apartment building I looted had all open doors, like someone was there first or something...If thats the case, is there a new server that will open soon as I feel like the server I joined had allready been hit hard.

Any advice will be welcome and for those who wish to help me in game, Iv just ordered up a microphone and I should be able to chat soon!

For anyone who remembers me from PUBG or ARK, wassup guys! :)

..like how do you craft? there is no tutorial on how to craft with nails, duct tape, or anything?

There are a ton of tutorials on base building on Youtube.  There are also tutorials on cooking, pvp, etc.   As for how to use duct tape:  Place it in your hands then search for the item you want to repair in your inventory.  If the item is damaged, and its able to be repaired with duct tape, you will see the option to repair the item.

There are several repair kits in the game.  I believe all repairable items can be repaired two different ways except for firearms.  Duct tape repairs most of the commonly used items.  Clothing, boots, and the tools that can be repaired.

@James Adam Rimmer  There are static vehicles in game that you can't drive, but you can loot tires from as you've seen, and then there are those that can be driven.  If you walk up to the hood of a car and then look at its inventory, if it's drive-able, you'll see its mechanics, like the spark plug, battery, radiator, etc.  This will give you an idea of what you need to find to get it up and running.  You'll also need water for the radiator and of course, some fuel.

As for loot, yes it respawns.  How often and where depends on the server you're on.  Community servers can be customized, so some servers up the loot while others make it harder.  If you're dying of starvation a lot, take your finger off the shift key when you're a new spawn.  You will survive longer at first by jogging and not sprinting as your energy level (the apple) will reduce at a slower rate if you don't sprint.  Also, when you drink from a well, drink until you see a stomach icon pop up.  This indicates that your stomach is full.  This may take dozens of sips of water, so don't just take 3 or 4 sips and think you're good to go -- drink till full stomach.

DayZ takes a lot of patience at first because while learning, you will die a lot.  Hang in there, learn the map and you'll be King of Chernarus in no time!

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 9:49 AM, VodkaFish said:

There are a ton of tutorials on base building on Youtube.  There are also tutorials on cooking, pvp, etc.   As for how to use duct tape:  Place it in your hands then search for the item you want to repair in your inventory.  If the item is damaged, and its able to be repaired with duct tape, you will see the option to repair the item. There are several repair kits in the game.  I believe all repairable items can be repaired two different ways except for firearms.  Duct tape repairs most of the commonly used items.  Clothing, boots, and the tools that can be repaired.

Yeah, been doing a bunch of "afk" while playing, just to figure a thing or two out as I have been playing and yeah. That duct tape is the go to on repairs. Good thing I got with a bunch of guys, they defiantly have been a huge help. Otherwise I would have been shot a couple times just standing in the middle of a field while looking at my map. XD
Its still wildly unintuitive. I mean for complex builds, ok maybe you need to stop at a library and pick up a survival for dummies literature, or how to build with planks. But what about a stone knife? Hobo sack? I know its pretty straight foreword, but the problem is not so much what you should use, but how much of what the game dictates what you need to build with.

With that said, I did build my first camp fire today, and cooked me up some fine chicken. After finding a pristine shotgun and rifled slugs, was hoping for some deer meat, however after tapping a couple deer around {not realistic hunting} I decided to focus on something that doesn't run around much. So Its a real curve, but I am slowly adapting. 

On 11/6/2020 at 4:00 PM, drgullen said:

@James Adam Rimmer  There are static vehicles in game that you can't drive, but you can loot tires from as you've seen, and then there are those that can be driven.  If you walk up to the hood of a car and then look at its inventory, if it's drive-able, you'll see its mechanics, like the spark plug, battery, radiator, etc.  This will give you an idea of what you need to find to get it up and running.  You'll also need water for the radiator and of course, some fuel. As for loot, yes it respawns.  How often and where depends on the server you're on.  Community servers can be customized, so some servers up the loot while others make it harder.  If you're dying of starvation a lot, take your finger off the shift key when you're a new spawn.  You will survive longer at first by jogging and not sprinting as your energy level (the apple) will reduce at a slower rate if you don't sprint.  Also, when you drink from a well, drink until you see a stomach icon pop up.  This indicates that your stomach is full.  This may take dozens of sips of water, so don't just take 3 or 4 sips and think you're good to go -- drink till full stomach. DayZ takes a lot of patience at first because while learning, you will die a lot.  Hang in there, learn the map and you'll be King of Chernarus in no time!

Not going to go into huge details, but I finally found a car yesterday and figured out what to do.....I had the last piece, the battery....Died with the battery right next to the car from the common cold XD
Got it up and running with the guys who crapped bricks over how stuffed I had gotten the inventory. With that said tho, they seem DEATHLY afraid of a glitch? Like we was chased by a zombie from one town to the next and it never lost agro on us we was moveing that slow.....they let me drive and while I didn't do 80, I did have it up to 60 a couple times.....Im guessing the old 5400 RPM hard drive is yet to blame again for the game loading properly? Cause Im on a SSD and other than a few spots, I didn't have many problems other that a dew spots when I turned quickly. Even with a SSD on the xbox, things was a bit on the sluggish side.

Luckily I learned {and figured from ark} that running would be bad from regular running/jogging, so it wasn't from me running everywhere, it was just due to someone else being through first and taking everything. The spawn in the big city where no one was yesterday was not only manageable, but profitable. Well, in the form of finding, clothing, tools, food, water, and such....Not much to talk about in the way of guns, other than a damaged Mk4 silenced .22. Still, it was cool to shoot a couple zombies with it. 

But what about a stone knife? Hobo sack?

I did not find the stone knife to be that useful/realistic of an item.

1. In the beginning, when you are struggling with surviving good luck finding 2 small stones.  If you can make them with a pick axe you probably don't need them anymore.

2. it has a very short life expectancy.

The Hobo Sack, on the other hand, is decent if you don't have a backpack.

Edited by VodkaFish

On 11/6/2020 at 6:49 AM, James Adam Rimmer said:

Hey all, first time on Dayz here. From PUBG, to ark, to dayz? been an interesting time for me lately. 😛

So first off, Id like to ask people how far along is this game as it seems somewhat incomplete ....like how do you craft? there is no tutorial on how to craft with nails, duct tape, or anything?
Next, can all of the cars in the game be fixed? Iv found tires and doors laying around, in fact I found 3 of the same type of cars at a gas staition and was attempting to fix one that was only missing a door and wheel, but the cars I walk up to see to not be interactive. Other than opening a door or hood. As a mechanic IRL, I feel like I could fix most of them, but cannot find a repair kit or such.
Last thats on top of my mind right now is the amount of loot.....does loot respawn or is it literally first come, first serve? I died 3 times due to starvation while looting a huge city.....found a gun, backpack, some ammo, and a motorcycle helmet, but died later due to starvation. The reason why I ask if its first come and first serve is every single apartment building I looted had all open doors, like someone was there first or something...If thats the case, is there a new server that will open soon as I feel like the server I joined had allready been hit hard.

Any advice will be welcome and for those who wish to help me in game, Iv just ordered up a microphone and I should be able to chat soon!

For anyone who remembers me from PUBG or ARK, wassup guys! 🙂

The game is 2nd year post-release support, but still has many bugs and game-breaking problems. The biggest being rampant hackers on Official servers and poor server performance which causes cars to fly as well as other things.

There is a tutorial in-game but for crafting recipes better to search for DayZ Tips by Asmodian.

Cars can be fixed but beware that because of server performance being poor there is a good chance you will die driving one as it malfunctions, causing you to crash.

Loot respawns but especially on coastal towns a lot of it will be taken already. Doors spawn both open and closed randomly, but if they're all open it is because people have been there. Just search every house and find the town's well. Once you have enough food/water to travel, move off the coast in-land where you are more likely to find resources. Survival is more difficult in the beginning until you have built up an energy reserve.

Edited by GamerWarrior2000

A thing about food when spawning, and I have known about this for a while but I did not want to do it because it seems monotonous....Fruit trees, the kind you regularly see along roads have so many points which to spawn fruit around them....So you walk 40 meters one way and walk 40 meters back and they all spawn fruit dynamically again and again. Of course it is not enough to get you far, but with the next patch I believe they are raising the energy gains on them. Not so much the small stones....I think that if they reduced the amount of fruit that spawns it would be less of a awkward survival strategy to run back and forth through fruit trees not that I think I just want the game to be harder.

• Beans 1

22 hours ago, VodkaFish said:

I did not find the stone knife to be that useful/realistic of an item.

1. In the beginning, when you are struggling with surviving good luck finding 2 small stones.  If you can make them with a pick axe you probably don't need them anymore.

2. it has a very short life expectancy.

The Hobo Sack, on the other hand, is decent if you don't have a backpack.

agreed, stones are ridiculously stupid at attempting to find. I was curious if someone had always been there before me, but anymore Im just thinking they are not really an aspect of this game. Like seriously, how hard is it to find a couple rocks on the ground?!?! So Im right there with you on their usefulness. 

7 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

There is a tutorial in-game but for crafting recipes better to search for DayZ Tips by Asmodian. Cars can be fixed but beware that because of server performance being poor there is a good chance you will die driving one as it malfunctions, causing you to crash.

I will give Asmodian a look at, Im moving on from a true noob, to a bit more risk taking survivalists. Will have to get more educated on how things work to really sink my teeth in. 
As for the cars, I have started studying the matter......its defiantly a two part problem. First part is indeed the server misinterpreting the information. Any times there is lag on the client side, the server doesn't fully calculate the trajectory, velocity, and collisions with the vehicle properly. However that's when the client side is struggling with suppling the information properly. If the server and client desyncs, then the car is constantly struggling with where it "should" be, and where the server "thinks" it should be. The struggle between server and client fight violently to put the car where it is supposed to be until 3....2.....1....LIFT OFF! XD
Now other than internet speeds, the biggest problem is actually client side.....the typical hardware issue with xbox's, is the 5400 RPM hard drive.....the consoles constantly have to "stop and think" about everything that gets loaded into existence. If at any point in time you come across an area with lots of things to load in, say a base or a town, it slows the other processes down. If your in a car going 60 and it suddenly gets slammed with a huge requirement to load in multiple objects, your forcing an induction of massive amount of demand on the storage, and thus it causes the game to just "stop" while it tries to pull a massive amount of information from the slow hard drive before it can continue on properly.

The end result is your game farts itself while getting the information out the hard drive, which causes the server to desync from the server, and then the server and your car play tug of war.....and the server is the boss, so you will bend to its will or go flying. XD

1 hour ago, James Adam Rimmer said:

agreed, stones are ridiculously stupid at attempting to find. I was curious if someone had always been there before me, but anymore Im just thinking they are not really an aspect of this game. Like seriously, how hard is it to find a couple rocks on the ground?!?! So Im right there with you on their usefulness. 

I will give Asmodian a look at, Im moving on from a true noob, to a bit more risk taking survivalists. Will have to get more educated on how things work to really sink my teeth in. 
As for the cars, I have started studying the matter......its defiantly a two part problem. First part is indeed the server misinterpreting the information. Any times there is lag on the client side, the server doesn't fully calculate the trajectory, velocity, and collisions with the vehicle properly. However that's when the client side is struggling with suppling the information properly. If the server and client desyncs, then the car is constantly struggling with where it "should" be, and where the server "thinks" it should be. The struggle between server and client fight violently to put the car where it is supposed to be until 3....2.....1....LIFT OFF! XD
Now other than internet speeds, the biggest problem is actually client side.....the typical hardware issue with xbox's, is the 5400 RPM hard drive.....the consoles constantly have to "stop and think" about everything that gets loaded into existence. If at any point in time you come across an area with lots of things to load in, say a base or a town, it slows the other processes down. If your in a car going 60 and it suddenly gets slammed with a huge requirement to load in multiple objects, your forcing an induction of massive amount of demand on the storage, and thus it causes the game to just "stop" while it tries to pull a massive amount of information from the slow hard drive before it can continue on properly.

The end result is your game farts itself while getting the information out the hard drive, which causes the server to desync from the server, and then the server and your car play tug of war.....and the server is the boss, so you will bend to its will or go flying. XD

Stones are located on dirt hiking trails, dirt roads, and railroad tracks. They don't just spawn everywhere.

The biggest problem with cars is definitely not client side, and though I've heard this rumor, it is simply false. You can have a perfectly good internet connection and be on a server close to you, and cars will behave sporadically and fly to the moon. I've followed development and remember years ago when the developers specifically made changes to improve server performance, because it was causing issues with not only cars, but A.I. navigation. Recently Sumrak the lead developer made a stream and tested vehicles, and he specifically says multiple times that the bumpy and misbehaving cars is due to poor server performance. The server FPS dips when under high load (i.e. high population) and under a certain FPS cars get bumpy and are prone to going airborne. Sumrak checked his logs and saw the server FPS was below 15 at times, when stable performance of vehicles needs at least a stable 30 FPS. I'm on PC with a computer well above recommended specs, SSD, very stable internet connection and still get this problem with cars on Official servers. I have no problem quickly loading in world objects. You could give each client a NASA supercomputer, and the most high speed internet connection currently in existence, and cars would still catapult into the air once too many people join the server because these issues occur when server FPS gets low, not client FPS. Now it may be possible that laggy clients could be more taxing on servers, however, fundamentally, the car problem is related to the server. I'm not sure who keeps spreading this rumor on here but it's just wrong. It seems like they're looking for an excuse to blame the players, rather than the developers, for this long-standing problem.

As far as I know the slow loading of objects due to poor hardware, such as for console players, just causes visual stutter and graphical glitches. It does not in itself cause vehicles to fly. However, this could plausibly cause the player to lose control of a vehicle if their game is stuttering and they can't see the world properly while driving. Yet, this problem is completely unrelated to the Moon vehicles that occur no matter how stable you are as a client. Anyhow, what's your source for this "client causes flying vehicles" claim? Because my source for the server causing it, is the lead developer of DayZ. You would think he, of anyone, would know why the game isn't working correctly.

I don't understand how people starve lmao I been playing on official servers with all fucked up loot spawn system with 1.09 where they decided to set the respawn time to 24-48 hours from 2-3 lol and I still find way too much food I never need it. Also you kill a single animal other than chickens and you will be good till you die.

I assume you are sprinting all the time and not looking at houses good enough ? You loot ONLY houses but nothing else if you need food fast. Check food stands they are amazing. Also check green houses. If you are going around looking at sheds etc and sprinting yes you probably will starve obviously.

Edited by gandhi's flip flop

On 11/8/2020 at 10:13 PM, GamerWarrior2000 said:

As far as I know the slow loading of objects due to poor hardware, such as for console players, just causes visual stutter and graphical glitches. It does not in itself cause vehicles to fly. However, this could plausibly cause the player to lose control of a vehicle if their game is stuttering and they can't see the world properly while driving. Yet, this problem is completely unrelated to the Moon vehicles that occur no matter how stable you are as a client. Anyhow, what's your source for this "client causes flying vehicles" claim? Because my source for the server causing it, is the lead developer of DayZ. You would think he, of anyone, would know why the game isn't working correctly.

Its based on personal experience with pubg.....Those crazy video's you see on youtube is cause players who have slow loading devices allow the client to do anything that would seem impossible to those who was able to load the game normally. The collisions detections fail to work correctly with the unloaded objects and when it does, well people would fall through the ground, bridges, driver boats through the map, a truck through every single building in a city without hitting a single wall. {not cheaters, legit players} However if they ever came into contact with something solid right as the game loaded that object.....things would get crazy.
With that said however, their collisions detection was fairly screwy as well....took em some time to get it "somewhat" normal as just getting into a freash car could cause it to fly up into the air occasionally, let alone all the other squirrely things they would do. But if people say its due to the server tick rate, then I can follow. That could allow the information to be processed excessively slower than intended and the result would still screw with collision detection. 

3 hours ago, gandhi's flip flop said:

I don't understand how people starve lmao I been playing on official servers with all fucked up loot spawn system with 1.09 where they decided to set the respawn time to 24-48 hours from 2-3 lol and I still find way too much food I never need it. Also you kill a single animal other than chickens and you will be good till you die.

I assume you are sprinting all the time and not looking at houses good enough ? You loot ONLY houses but nothing else if you need food fast. Check food stands they are amazing. Also check green houses. If you are going around looking at sheds etc and sprinting yes you probably will starve obviously.

Dude, I spawned elektro and starved looking for something, ANYTHING. Finally figured the hunting out tho, killed three chickens to sate me for awhile then a cow......NOW im fooded out of my mind. XD But yeah, it was bad enough I was actually starting to look for zombies to kill to hopefully get a can of something. =/ Heck, one run I even ran into a couple of other guys with the same problem. they gave me a can and no way to open it, and I gave them mine....one of them died first, I died next, all the same "slowly jogging" along the coast hoping for either a tool to open the food, or something we could eat right away.
As for sprinting, Iv only done that once......I died, wanted to get to my stuff and noticed I was "near" my location of death........Ran ran ran, died.....wow that was quick.
Honestly attempting to survive on canned goods and scavenging isn't a good idea for noobs, best bet is to find a knife, do what you can while you can, get a couple cooked up chickens and then make your way onto hunting. However thats kinda where my problem was.....trying to find a knife. For some reason, can't cut chicken with a hatchet? o.O?

Edited by James Adam Rimmer

2 hours ago, James Adam Rimmer said:

Its based on personal experience with pubg.....Those crazy video's you see on youtube is cause players who have slow loading devices allow the client to do anything that would seem impossible to those who was able to load the game normally. The collisions detections fail to work correctly with the unloaded objects and when it does, well people would fall through the ground, bridges, driver boats through the map, a truck through every single building in a city without hitting a single wall. {not cheaters, legit players} However if they ever came into contact with something solid right as the game loaded that object.....things would get crazy.

If by "crazy videos" you mean the DayZ flying car videos, then that isn't caused by "slow-loading devices". It is caused by low server FPS. Sumrak stated himself the logs showed server FPS on Official servers to be under 15, and a minimum of 30 is needed for stable vehicles.

7 hours ago, gandhi's flip flop said:

It's more than possible to starve to death as a newspawn. I lost a geared toon a few days ago and went through two newspawns before I got a third up and running properly.

I think your starting pos has a lot to do on whether you find food easy or not.

The third toon started north of Cherno and there were enough trees to give him fruit enough to head up to Zelno, where there's a huge orchard, and he gorged himself on more fruit. Then he found a knife and all was well.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Spawning in parts of the west coast, it isn't so easy.

21 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

If by "crazy videos" you mean the DayZ flying car videos, then that isn't caused by "slow-loading devices". It is caused by low server FPS. Sumrak stated himself the logs showed server FPS on Official servers to be under 15, and a minimum of 30 is needed for stable vehicles.

Gotchya....any particular reason why the run them so slowly? Cheaper maybe?

20 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

It's more than possible to starve to death as a newspawn. I lost a geared toon a few days ago and went through two newspawns before I got a third up and running properly. I think your starting pos has a lot to do on whether you find food easy or not. The third toon started north of Cherno and there were enough trees to give him fruit enough to head up to Zelno, where there's a huge orchard, and he gorged himself on more fruit. Then he found a knife and all was well.Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Spawning in parts of the west coast, it isn't so easy.

Yeah, its a pain in the butt to be either right behind everyone in a big city wasting time looting every structure for "something" or where there is nothing to be found out in the middle of no where....I didn't understand farms or orchards at the time, so probably ran right by all the food necessary to get off the coast, but you know your starting to get desperate when you start going all mortal combat on the zombies for something to eat. XD 

2 hours ago, James Adam Rimmer said:

Yeah, its a pain in the butt to be either right behind everyone in a big city wasting time looting every structure for "something" or where there is nothing to be found out in the middle of no where....I didn't understand farms or orchards at the time, so probably ran right by all the food necessary to get off the coast, but you know your starting to get desperate when you start going all mortal combat on the zombies for something to eat. XD 

Well, players aren't going to have the option of mortal combat with zeds anymore, cos as I understand it, player hands are going end up bleeding if they get into too many fights with their bare hands. Things are going to be a little tougher starting off, especially when you spawn with a load of badly damaged clothes. My current toon ended up with a cold cos he spawned with a torn up T Shirt and a pair of nearly ruined shorts.

As far as fruit spawning in concerned, it takes a bit of getting used to. You basically have to run up and down orchards to make the fruit spawn as trees only put out if a player is near. So, getting to a big area where a lot of fruit spawning trees are is a big advantage and you can stuff yourself enough to get to somewhere that will yield some decent loot. But I was the same, I didn't understand the mechanic either and used to just search a tree's vicinity, find bugger all, and then run off in a panic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James Adam Rimmer said:

Gotchya....any particular reason why the run them so slowly? Cheaper maybe?

Vehicles misbehaving has more than one cause really. Anything that can cause desync between server and client can trigger a "Harry Potter" event, be that low server fps due to bad hardware or too many players/mods, or one or more players near you with really shitty internet. There's something about the vehicle simulation that simply goes haywire when the server tick rate gets too low and/or it gets desynced. How it behaves depends a bit on what causes the issue. If it is desync it is generally only the driver who is "seeing things" - on the server and to other players the car is driving normally, but since the driver thinks he's 50 meters below or above ground he can't control the car so bad things happen. If server fps is low cars tend to get jumpy and dance on their wheels, and if you still drive then you'll eventually lose control and bad things happen...

To be fair I haven't seen a single case of cars really being sent flying in a very long time. Desync-related Harry Potter episodes I get now and then, but those can be snapped out of most times (I brake the car and shut off the engine, snaps sync back).

About survival, as you may have figured out by now the large apartment buildings around the major towns have no loot whatsoever - ever - so when you're low on energy don't waste time going into them. I still search them occasionally (later on when well fed..) since players sometimes stash loot there - because the houses are void of loot they are actually a good hiding place, very few players bother going there.

In the current 1.10 experimental devs have increased the chance that zombies in coastal areas will drop food or useful tools. Presumably this is to make it possible to survive even if you're unlucky and spawn in an area that has just been scavenged by one or more other players. Just be careful when punching them, you'll be busting your knuckles from now on..

6 hours ago, Derleth said:

To be fair I haven't seen a single case of cars really being sent flying in a very long time. Desync-related Harry Potter episodes I get now and then, but those can be snapped out of most times (I brake the car and shut off the engine, snaps sync back). 

There are many accidents on the car. It is good if the dislocation of the car is not near the reservoir. It is not always possible to have time to turn off the car, since the key is not available when the speedometer is not at "0". In such a situation, resetting the transmission to "N" saves. Sometimes the car gets a status of "red" before the player has time to do anything.
 If all this happens on the client side, then it shouldn't be passed to the server, but:
- On the server, the car is on the road and smoke will come out of it.
- If the car is thrown to the side on the client, the car will be thrown to the side on the server.
I'm not sure, but it seems to me that calculating vehicle position, vehicle speed and grip is not entirely client-side. Even a pedestrian still has a problem. When the pedestrian's clothes get wet, the server tries to drop the character's stamina to the bottom, which provokes the character's rubber step (fast running on bent knees).
- If the client's car enters a sharp turn, more than 90 degrees, at any speed, it provokes desynchronization.
- If the client's car makes an abrupt stop, at any speed, it provokes desynchronization.
- If the client's car, at high speed, may partially lose traction, this provokes desynchronization.
- Something else happened on the mod server many times. If there are some mods in the inventory of the client's car, desynchronization can occur as soon as the client gets into the car.
Yes, one player has not many such problems. But in general on the server, this can happen periodically, often and a lot for different players.

On 11/12/2020 at 4:18 AM, Derleth said:

Vehicles misbehaving has more than one cause really. 

Yeah, I finally got a olga together, and went to try and pick up one of the guys after he died {he fell off a sniper tower XD}
Was all good till I got to a dead car in the road, tried to go around slowly {30'ish KpH}, then all of a sudden I rubber banded, and it instantly destroyed the radiator and front wheels.....collision detection is truly out of whack as well. x.x Not too sure if Im going to be happy about the truck update. This game is starting to really feel trashy, and I haven't even tried out honest combat yet. =/As for them dancing, had that problem myself, but decided to pull a tire off and then put it back on, seems to have worked anytime I had that issue....its a cheap work around if nothing else. 
I have learned the truth on those apartments very early on....I think the very first time I spawned, I was in or near elktro and decided to loot one......after going through the whole thing, I decided to never loot one again XD And as for the zombie's, I have noticed the best bet at surviving is to kill them for most of anything you need, however its a dicy situation as I have finally figured out how my stuff keeps getting damaged, I did not realize that if you get hit by a zombie, not only are they damaging you, but slowly thrashing your clothing as well. Am half tempted to run nekid anytime I kill zombies for supplies just so I don't have to worry about damaging my clothing. 

Well, not sure when Ill be able to get on, but I think Im done with cars for a minute. It took me 3 days to find those tires, 3 10-12 hours of gameplay of constantly looking for tires in 8 cities.....all of elektro, and ever single vehicle spawn in the nearby areas.....Ill keep my eye's peeled as I go back to base to dump off my load, but honestly Im more worried about getting the flag set, I haven't been back for two days now and I don't wanna find all my stuff despawned.....It bum me out to find all my stuff is gone. =/