DanZ MANZ

The current state of DayZ

2 hours ago, discipled said:

it honestly sounds like this isn't the game for you... well the Vanilla version anyways. I bet you'll enjoy heavily modded servers more. You might want to try them.

Vanilla version is currently only for hackers, since they dominate all the Official servers, even experimental. Unless you enjoy playing with hackers...

Edited by GamerWarrior2000
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

Vanilla version is currently only for hackers, since they dominate all the Official servers, even experimental. Unless you enjoy playing with hackers...

Lies that people keep spreading. There are hackers... but I've been playing for a very long time and i haven't run into a hacker on an official vanilla server in many years.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, YeedMyLastHaw669 said:

Stop with the dot dot dot's, stop using them to exaggerate EVERY SENTENCE SWEET FUCK. DayZ wasn't meant to be arma 2 mod but stable, and besides don't complain about official if you want arma 2 content, play a modded server so you can experience that content and just shut the fuck up and play some MODDED.  

This topic is not about the mod for DayZ 1.09. This topic is about content content from DayZ up to version 1.00.
And do not recommend playing on mod servers, because when players complain about the performance of the game or some bugs, the players are recommended to play on a vanilla server.
It looks even more comical when players are offered to play on the best server. Only there is a discrepancy, the number of sold copies of the game does not match the number of free seats on the best servers. And the solution to the problem of server performance is not released.
Leave the sad delight about the game, we ourselves know that the game is the best. We want to see progress in updates, not replacing problems with other problems, it is necessary to solve problems and no return to previous problems.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, discipled said:

Lies that people keep spreading. There are hackers... but I've been playing for a very long time and i haven't run into a hacker on an official vanilla server in many years.

There are multiple hacker reports per day for Official servers, about speed hackers, aimbotters and wallhackers, so fortunately for you, you're just oblivious to reality. I am very lucky if I don't get killed by a hacker when playing on Official servers. I got aimbot/wallhacked on Experimental 1 PP Livonia server a few days ago after under 5 hrs play time. That's how bad it is.

I'd question most reports to be honest. I've been playing this game since 2014 and I can say that I have absolutely no hard evidence of hacking, despite losing characters in some dubious circumstances.

I lost a character a couple of weeks ago. I logged in, in the middle of a field, in the middle of nowhere, on a low pop server, and as soon as I was in I heard three distanced shots and my guy was hit in the chest and the head.

Now, I could scream "aimbot" and rant about cheaters. But I have ZERO evidence to back that up.

I reckon a lot of these reports are down to people getting killed by unseen players and immediately getting salty and crying foul, but with nothing tangible to back up the claim.

So report numbers are pretty meaningless.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

21 hours ago, discipled said:

it honestly sounds like this isn't the game for you... well the Vanilla version anyways. I bet you'll enjoy heavily modded servers more. You might want to try them.

Maybe.  I haven't explored the modded servers all that much.

I want to like it.  I think it's a great idea for a game.  And every now and then I have a gaming experience with DayZ where I "get it".  Even wandering the wilderness alone for long stretches is part of the experience. 

But then sometimes when I'm spending 30 minutes running along the coast in the no-mans land between major cities, not encountering anyone or anything, I think my time might be better spent going outside for an actual walk.

2 hours ago, bfisher said:

Maybe.  I haven't explored the modded servers all that much.

I want to like it.  I think it's a great idea for a game.  And every now and then I have a gaming experience with DayZ where I "get it".  Even wandering the wilderness alone for long stretches is part of the experience. 

But then sometimes when I'm spending 30 minutes running along the coast in the no-mans land between major cities, not encountering anyone or anything, I think my time might be better spent going outside for an actual walk.

That's all fair. I get it. Not every game is for everyone. I personally find the beauty and peace of some of those long times alone in the mountains and forests. I can't do that in my own personally life so it's nice, even if it's fake.

4 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

I'd question most reports to be honest. I've been playing this game since 2014 and I can say that I have absolutely no hard evidence of hacking, despite losing characters in some dubious circumstances.

I lost a character a couple of weeks ago. I logged in, in the middle of a field, in the middle of nowhere, on a low pop server, and as soon as I was in I heard three distanced shots and my guy was hit in the chest and the head.

Now, I could scream "aimbot" and rant about cheaters. But I have ZERO evidence to back that up.

I reckon a lot of these reports are down to people getting killed by unseen players and immediately getting salty and crying foul, but with nothing tangible to back up the claim.

So report numbers are pretty meaningless.

It must be bliss to be so naive. Dude, the hackers are rampant on Official. There are speedrunners all along the coast, with regular video evidence of this appearing on YouTube, along with player reports. Report numbers are meaningful because hacking is known to be prevalent in video games including DayZ, and if you die in really extraordinary ways the most likely cause was a hacker. There are hacks being sold online that give players aimbot and wallhacks. I'm sorry but you just have to be very clueless to not realize how bad the hacking situation is on Official. Squads are dying instantly at the same time and people are getting insta-headshot out in the middle of nowhere when in an enclosed building with no possible way someone could shoot them without hacks. Using some common sense and context it is actually relatively simple to determine whether or not the death was legit or caused by a hacker. On community servers my legit deaths, either from other players or environment, are never the kind of deaths that occur on Official. Anyhow the hackers love naive players like you who will remain so skeptical while they take over servers. One of them is probably wearing your beloved night vision goggles as we speak.

22 hours ago, lex__1 said:

This topic is not about the mod for DayZ 1.09. This topic is about content content from DayZ up to version 1.00.

For clarity, This thread was started because the OP was trying to encourage the community to 'stand up' and do something about the game state.  It's not really about the state of the content.  Absurd as it sounds, he wants the community to pilot game development.  

The original and subsequent postings have a few things in common.  Assigning blame to the community and a call for action from the community is the foundation of this thread.  With insults and plenty of ellipses sprinkled on top.

Current modded servers probably shouldn't be the topic here because performance on those servers is not within the realm of Bohemia Interactive.

That's all fair. I get it. Not every game is for everyone. I personally find the beauty and peace of some of those long times alone in the mountains and forests. I can't do that in my own personally life so it's nice, even if it's fake.

By the same token, I get freaked out whenever I'm jogging along the Hudson River past the Lincoln Tunnel ventilation building because the structure and the cliffs behind it reminds me of the coast of Chernerus (near Solnichniy I think).

https://www.google.com/maps/search/weehawken+lincoln+tunnel+ventilation+building/@40.7645139,-74.0196602,34a,35y,359.62h,78.98t/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

It must be bliss to be so naive. Dude, the hackers are rampant on Official. There are speedrunners all along the coast, with regular video evidence of this appearing on YouTube, along with player reports. Report numbers are meaningful because hacking is known to be prevalent in video games including DayZ, and if you die in really extraordinary ways the most likely cause was a hacker. There are hacks being sold online that give players aimbot and wallhacks. I'm sorry but you just have to be very clueless to not realize how bad the hacking situation is on Official. Squads are dying instantly at the same time and people are getting insta-headshot out in the middle of nowhere when in an enclosed building with no possible way someone could shoot them without hacks. Using some common sense and context it is actually relatively simple to determine whether or not the death was legit or caused by a hacker. On community servers my legit deaths, either from other players or environment, are never the kind of deaths that occur on Official. Anyhow the hackers love naive players like you who will remain so skeptical while they take over servers. One of them is probably wearing your beloved night vision goggles as we speak.

"Naive"...LOL.

I've been playing the game for 6 years, and I play ONLY on official servers from New York, to Holland to Germany, etc, and I have seen no hard evidence of cheaters.

I know that cheating exists, because I've seen YouTube vids showing such things and sites selling ESP and aimbot crap. But I have never seen them in the actual game itself.

Report numbers are nonsense, because they are only allegations mostly, and completely free of any actual evidence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tonyeh said:

"Naive"...LOL.

I've been playing the game for 6 years, and I play ONLY on official servers from New York, to Holland to Germany, etc, and I have seen no hard evidence of cheaters.

I know that cheating exists, because I've seen YouTube vids showing such things and sites selling ESP and aimbot crap. But I have never seen them in the actual game itself.

Report numbers are nonsense, because they are only allegations mostly, and completely free of any actual evidence.

Aha, you are falling exactly for what the hackers want you to. Of course they try to hide their hacks. It's okay, the non-naive players know what's up and will report them so the devs can take action. The hackers have a term for your type, they call you "Hacknablers". 🙂

3 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

Aha, you are falling exactly for what the hackers want you to. Of course they try to hide their hacks. It's okay, the non-naive players know what's up and will report them so the devs can take action. The hackers have a term for your type, they call you "Hacknablers". 🙂

Dude, I have also been playing since 2014 and only ONE time when ghosting was a thing back in 2014, have I EVER run in to a very clear hacker

If you just all of the sudden die... doesn't mean a hack

Edited by discipled
  • Like 1

Dude, I have also been playing since 2014 and only ONE time when ghosting was a thing back in 2014, have I EVER run in to a very clear hacker

If you just all of the sudden die... doesn't mean a hack

Lol....you're clearly out of the loop. Guess you weren't savvy enough to detect the hackers swimming through solid ground and shooting you a few years ago. To you, those were just "legit" deaths, by skilled players who outwitted you. There is plenty of very clear evidence hacking is rampant on Official. But you can be a Hacknabler if you like, that way both you and the hackers remain blissful. You be the bait so there are less hackers available to take my Night Vision and M4.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

Aha, you are falling exactly for what the hackers want you to. Of course they try to hide their hacks. It's okay, the non-naive players know what's up and will report them so the devs can take action. The hackers have a term for your type, they call you "Hacknablers".

People who attack other posters with insults as a front to explaining something is a very ineffective way to engage in online debates.  They call that "Asshattery." 

10 hours ago, Parazight said:

People who attack other posters with insults as a front to explaining something is a very ineffective way to engage in online debates.  They call that "Asshattery." 

Stating the facts of the matter is not an insult. Meanwhile you are virtue signalling to try to look good on the Internet, meanwhile using the same "insults" you claim to oppose, except with actual explicit, derogatory language. They call this "Hypocrisy". I now request you to settle down and keep to the topic of the thread, thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Right.  You say that hackers are everywhere.  OP wants the community to take action at BI.  What now?

15 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Right.  You say that hackers are everywhere.  OP wants the community to take action at BI.  What now?

He is mostly right except I wouldn't remove stamina feature. The only thing to save DayZ is to have a mass petition from the entire community demanding that B.I. put more devs back on the project to return the missing content and fix the lag and bugs and hacking infestation before its too late. If not we just get some more cooking slots and Chernarus islands before B.I. declares DayZ post-release support "Completed" and they move all remaining funds towards Arma 4. But we need mass community support from the biggest media influencers because money talks loudest to corporations.

13 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

The only thing to save DayZ is to have a mass petition from the entire community demanding that B.I. put more devs back on the project to return the missing content and fix the lag and bugs and hacking infestation before its too late.

But the community doesn't provide any funding.  Media Influencers are not a reliable source of income for software development companies.  It's absolutely ridiculous to think that the community has any leverage whatsoever over BI.  How do you know that Marek Španěl will be influenced by the media/community/online shits?  A mass petition doesn't pay the bills.  This is a business entity, not a political figure.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Parazight said:

But the community doesn't provide any funding.  Media Influencers are not a reliable source of income for software development companies.  It's absolutely ridiculous to think that the community has any leverage whatsoever over BI.  How do you know that Marek Španěl will be influenced by the media/community/online shits?  A mass petition doesn't pay the bills.  This is a business entity, not a political figure.

Money is all about attention these days. Wherever the attention is, that's where the money flows. We don't live in 1953 anymore. If the whole community wants working cars then B.I. will provide working cars to keep the attention and sell their plethora of DLCs. If not, then B.I. will put all their resources into Arma 4 because they think it will get more attention. Thanks to fanboys saying DayZ is perfect and that they're now waiting for Arma 4, we are on track for the latter path. A revolution to save DayZ is the only way to salvage the game.

8 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

Thanks to fanboys saying DayZ is perfect

Nobody has ever said this.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

Money is all about attention these days. Wherever the attention is, that's where the money flows. We don't live in 1953 anymore. If the whole community wants working cars then B.I. will provide working cars to keep the attention and sell their plethora of DLCs. If not, then B.I. will put all their resources into Arma 4 because they think it will get more attention. Thanks to fanboys saying DayZ is perfect and that they're now waiting for Arma 4, we are on track for the latter path. A revolution to save DayZ is the only way to salvage the game.

I suggest you look through the past 2 years worth of posts in this forum.  Plenty of people have complained about the car performance (and many, many, many other things), yet here we are, 2 years later, and cars (and other parts of the game) still have significant issues.  Also, absolutely nobody in that timeframe has said DayZ is perfect.  DayZ is far from perfect -- it's an amazing, unique game, yet at the same time, can be a massive dumpster fire pain in the ass.

As Parazight said...

20 hours ago, Parazight said:

This is a business entity, not a political figure.

No revolution nor petition nor protest shall make one iota of difference in how things proceed from here.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, drgullen said:

I suggest you look through the past 2 years worth of posts in this forum.  Plenty of people have complained about the car performance (and many, many, many other things), yet here we are, 2 years later, and cars (and other parts of the game) still have significant issues.  Also, absolutely nobody in that timeframe has said DayZ is perfect.  DayZ is far from perfect -- it's an amazing, unique game, yet at the same time, can be a massive dumpster fire pain in the ass.

As Parazight said...

No revolution nor petition nor protest shall make one iota of difference in how things proceed from here.

Look...I'm spearheading this revolution and no amount of Hacknabler fanboyism is gonna stop me. DayZ's own life is literally on the line.

• Haha 2