Seen it All

Newspawn first 30 minutes

I am an experienced player.  Recently I have noticed that very difficult to get off the shore, I have killed zombies, searched everywhere for food and NOTHING.  25% of the time I will die as a fresh spawn.

More food needs to be added so that new players can get off the coast.

i feel your pain... been there  after not dying for a long time and then having to respawn.....

i have noticed more fruit lately under trees.. so check the orchards...  also lots of gardens out there lately people plant them and they hang around.. that being said... if u can scoop a shovel or pick axe and some seeds (from greenhouses) in 15m u can have a garden and you dont have to plant the whole plot u can do one spot or two and it only uses about 20% per spot to water.. or do it next to  a watering hole... those can keep you going...

one other people overlook is raw mushrooms... as long as they arent rotten are awesome for food and water...

When you're geared for so long, weeks, months and if lucky years.  a person can forget how to start from scratch. Last time i died it took me 2 real days to get back to NWAF. Its happens. Stay strong and remember ill always be there when you need me.

I'm dreading dying at the moment, because I know it'll just be a massive pain in the arse to get back up to speed again. In fact, If I do kick the bucket, I might just stop playing for a while.

It really isn’t that difficult to get up on your feet again and it sounds like some of you guys need to die more often.  Maybe you’re not getting into enough fire fights. Maybe you need to try out other servers. I definitely don’t think there needs to be more food. 25% is not an unreasonable fatality rate. 

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, Parazight said:

It really isn’t that difficult to get up on your feet again and it sounds like some of you guys need to die more often.  Maybe you’re not getting into enough fire fights. Maybe you need to try out other servers. I definitely don’t think there needs to be more food. 25% is not an unreasonable fatality rate. 

I agree, every new spawn I've had recently has been a struggle and I've found myself with flashing red food a couple of times but managed to kill a chicken or find something at the eleventh hour. I only play on official servers at the moment as most private servers have boosted loot. I think it would become really boring if food was ready to find, I personally prefer the challenge. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I agree, every new spawn I've had recently has been a struggle and I've found myself with flashing red food a couple of times but managed to kill a chicken or find something at the eleventh hour. I only play on official servers at the moment as most private servers have boosted loot. I think it would become really boring if food was ready to find, I personally prefer the challenge. 

Agree, though I've only been a freshy a handful of times, i haven't died once in the first 30 from starvation, though me and a random came close when we ate some rotten fruit after our charcoal tabs did nothing, lol I've never been so close to death from starvation, i had to sit in a house flashing red health and red hunger relying on this guy to save me and he did, i later returned the favor when he was cornered on all sides by zeds. I actually hope they make it harder and reduce animal spawns, i used to play very carefuly in the woods the majority of time, but got it to old and easy finding animals anytime i needed, never being forced to take a risk and head into town for food.

• Beans 1

They only way to survive as a fresh spawn is to go on a low pop (Temporary) server to get going then hop back to your preferred server.  All you need is 1 can of food and some water and that will buy you at least 30mins to find more.

Seems kind of broken, if i was just getting into the game it would be hard to appreciate the game with constantly dying on the coast.

Hmm, I'd have to disagree. I've never had to server hop and survival should be a challenge, it's a survival game. There are so many private servers with boosted loot that no one should ever struggle to survive, so new players have that option. It certainly isn't broken. 

not currently having that problem. although they did reduce food drop by zombies by 50 percent recently. 

I just seem to be extra lucky with loot.