Brian Hamnett

The end of DayZ ?

On 9/26/2020 at 10:07 AM, Parazight said:

rly?  Care to provide any evidence?  So, generating income from a subscription and using that money to fight cheaters won't do anything?  I'd bet lots of players that quit because of the hacking situation would come back to play.  At least as many that have vowed to quit if there is a subscription. 

Why compare other games to DayZ? Private servers do not suffer from hackers as there is server administration. Let's talk about playing on public servers and the service - BEServce.
1. Have you been to www.battleye.com, read what they are proud of and how their service works?
2. What does this service do on our PCs when the game starts?
3. Why can't I connect to the server when the BEServce service is down?
4. Why does BattlEye ask to start the BEServce service when the server requires it?
5. Why do we often see messages from players that their account was blocked - "... I did not violate anything, I entered the game for the first time, bought it today, etc. ...", but at the same time, hackers continue run freely on servers?
6. Does BattlEye have obligations to BIS?
7. BattlEye has ended support for DayZ since their commitment to BIS ended?

Edited by lex__1

On 9/23/2020 at 1:12 PM, andro_dawton said:

How do you know?

When I read Sumrak last tweet, I thought it was about bad news.

(Im not native english speaking) 

So is he talking about Namalsk or is he just talking about a blog post, which is postponed?

http://www.nightstalkers.cz/2020/09/01/aug-2020-status-update/

39 minutes ago, Derleth said:

He was having problems with the Namalsk website, something with the hoster. It was down for weeks and he was unable to do anything about it. If it has been solved I don't know.

IIt's been back up at least for several days.

• Like 1

That's a pretty impressive list.

20 hours ago, Parazight said:

WoW, Swtor, Final Fantasy, UO (until the code got old), Runescapes, Eve Online, Dragonquest, GTA Online, Everquest, and many others have profited from subscription funds and used that money to regulate their servers, which would otherwise have more cheaters/griefers. 

Let's start from the top, shall we?

World of Warcraft : Overrun with Chinese gold farmers on the Retail servers constantly using exploits and bots to make money which is then RMT to other players. Oh, and (tee-hee) the russian fly hackers who literally took over the Arena scene for ... how long? Fly hacking all over the place there? That was cute too. Yeah, NO problem at all with WoW hacking. 😏
Star Wars the Old Republic : Same problem as above. Chinese players use bots and exploits to make credits in the game.
Eve Online : See Above
Runescape: I mean, it's not like it doesn't have a huge botting problem now, right? Right? Right.
Dragonquest : I actually had to look this up because i've never heard of this game ever. I mean i've played the RPG's but didn't even know it had an MMO, which shows how popular it is... and considering you said Planetside 2 was irrelevant due to not being a high player base i'm going to chalk this up in the same category due to it being a non-US game.
GTA Online : Seriously? Are you serious? There's no hacking in GTA Online? 

That's from May, and this isn't just a one off video. I have friends who play it, and they can confirm that the game is chock full of hackers in almost every other lobby.
Everquest : Dead game. The only thing keeping the servers alive at this point are the progression servers and I would know because I actually play EQ. And there's no hacking? Uh, MQ2 is one of the biggest hacking programs out there right before they took the teleport feature out of it.

So.... yeah... you were saying?

Edited by tandwan
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

15 minutes ago, tandwan said:

That's a pretty impressive list.

Let's start from the top, shall we?

World of Warcraft : Overrun with Chinese gold farmers on the Retail servers constantly using exploits and bots to make money which is then RMT to other players.
Star Wars the Old Republic : Same problem as above. Chinese players use bots and exploits to make credits in the game.
Eve Online : See Above
Runescape: I mean, it's not like it doesn't have a huge botting problem now, right? Right? Right.
Dragonquest : I actually had to look this up because i've never heard of this game ever. I mean i've played the RPG's but didn't even know it had an MMO, which shows how popular it is... and considering you said Planetside 2 was irrelevant due to not being a high player base i'm going to chalk this up in the same category due to it being a non-US game.
GTA Online : Seriously? Are you serious? There's no hacking in GTA Online? 

That's from May, and this isn't just a one off video. I have friends who play it, and they can confirm that the game is chock full of hackers in almost every other lobby.
Everquest : Dead game. The only thing keeping the servers alive at this point are the progression servers and I would know because I actually play EQ. And there's no hacking? Uh, MQ2 is one of the biggest hacking programs out there right before they took the teleport feature out of it.

So.... yeah... you were saying?

I think a lot of people cry "hacker" because they don't full understand the game. YES, I believe there are hackers. But since 2014, I've run into 1 hacker in DayZ... one of those ghosting hackers back in the day when they would zip around barely there... not speed hack, but move around like the girl from The Ring. Outside of that... nothing.

On 9/24/2020 at 8:20 PM, tandwan said:

I don't normally toot the horn of DayZ on these forums... however....

You’re right. Everything is fine. Nothing can be done about the problems that don’t exist.  People shouldn’t have to be responsible for their own product. 

4 hours ago, discipled said:

I think a lot of people cry "hacker" because they don't full understand the game. YES, I believe there are hackers. But since 2014, I've run into 1 hacker in DayZ... one of those ghosting hackers back in the day when they would zip around barely there... not speed hack, but move around like the girl from The Ring. Outside of that... nothing.

lol 

But to give you a hint regarding numbers, we have banned more accounts in 2020 so far (and I mean way more), than in the past 4 years combined (also, we are talking 5-figure numbers).

Maybe it's time to step up their game/strategy/tactics when it comes to fighting cheaters?

3 hours ago, Parazight said:

You’re right. Everything is fine. Nothing can be done about the problems that don’t exist.  People shouldn’t have to be responsible for their own product. 

I never said the game was fine and nothing was wrong. Again, where are you getting your information? You're quick to quote obscure references so maybe you could enlighten me to that? I get it, you're salty, but if you're going to debate and give quotes use fact not opinion.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

For me, 1.1 is the Beginning after a very long break, because a working weather system with impact on the player is the most important factor to make it that what it calls: Survival. Also Namalsk looks very interesting and i see no other games like this on the horizon. Harsh weather can also be a all time game changer because it can surprise you always and this breaks the routine.

I btw would also pay a fee to play on official servers. maybe something like 10€ for 6 month. Or something based on hours. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 3K Hours said:

For me, 1.1 is the Beginning after a very long break, because a working weather system with impact on the player is the most important factor to make it that what it calls: Survival. Also Namalsk looks very interesting and i see no other games like this on the horizon. Harsh weather can also be a all time game changer because it can surprise you always and this breaks the routine.

I btw would also pay a fee to play on official servers. maybe something like 10€ for 6 month. Or something based on hours. 

Your name and rank together are actually kinda funny.

3k hours on the coast. 🤣

1 hour ago, tandwan said:

I never said the game was fine and nothing was wrong. Again, where are you getting your information? You're quick to quote obscure references so maybe you could enlighten me to that? I get it, you're salty, but if you're going to debate and give quotes use fact not opinion.

From you, on the first page.

“There are minor, MINOR issues in the game right now that are causing small problems with gameplay.”

What exactly am I salty about?  I don’t get it.  I think this is funny because you argue like Tucker Carlson, except that you’re not cherry picking points and using rare examples against noobs straight out of college.

Still waiting for you to show me where I said the game is fine.

It's really hard to figure out if you're actually serious with this topic or you're just trolling. Every point you have given up to this point has been wrong and I have proven it wrong. You make up quotes as you need them and quite frankly at this point I almost quit replying. I'll save you the trouble of actually reading a post by me:

I have never said the game was fine.

I never once said the game was without fault nor implied it was fine.

I did say the game has minor issues that keep it from being perfect such as minor bugs and content not being implemented.

I eagerly wait for your next troll.. err... reply.

Edited by tandwan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had abandoned this game more than 5 years ago. Now I see a new beginning, I was aware that the game is going very well. I will certainly play again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aTastyFury said:

I had abandoned this game more than 5 years ago. Now I see a new beginning, I was aware that the game is going very well. I will certainly play again.

It's really good since the elder days, lol. I'm excited for 1.1...

I actually abandoned the game as well and just recently picked it back up. 

I miss some of the content from the old days, and I'm a little sad that a zombie survival game still has such lackluster zombies... But meh, it's a lot better than it was when I left off and I'm eager to see what the team does with it. 

• Like 1