Ryan JG

Push to Talk

So, playing this game on xbox forces people to KoS because 9 time out of 10 they are in a party and when you go to chat the Push to Talk doesnt work.

Is there a patch coming soon? I've killed 4 geared players because they have been unable to respond to my "friendly?" call out.

Pretty sure it's an issue/bug with Xbox where i believe if you turn off your xbox while a game is on your game chat (all games) will bug out and not work until you clear mac address. Also just realized that's probably not what you're referring to, i guess you're talking about the issue some people have when they go into game chat and have to plug & unplug their mic until it works... In which case you could try to give them a moment to sort it out (if you have a moment obviously) usually you get a response. 

Issue has been brought up before, all i can remember is the dev/forum admin asking for specifics on headset type, so i assume they would have to fix it for each type of headset.. Then again it is Dayz and Dayz has long lasting bugs, i wouldn't be surprised if devs haven't bothered, which is a shame because i can only imagine how frustrating that would be (thankfully my 60$ 3 yearold turtlebeach headset has served me well & i don't have this issue). Hopefully some solution is found cuz it's also annoying on my end aswell telling someone how to get their mic to work, as their standing still clearly trying 2 communicate then all you hear is "can you hear me now? Fuck this game is buggy" lmao.

I don't think its a headset issue. Many other players are experiencing the same thing. PC players can play while on Discord and Xbox doesnt have that ability to be in a party and switch to game chat as easily.

3 hours ago, Ryan JG said:

I don't think its a headset issue. Many other players are experiencing the same thing. PC players can play while on Discord and Xbox doesnt have that ability to be in a party and switch to game chat as easily.

Ya true probably just another DayZ bug, but it happens with some headsets and not with others so idk. Like i said I've never had this issue myself but definitely know it's a problem for alot of people. Do you have an adapter on your controller? Also to clarify do you have this problem yourself or with other people?

Curious if this is an issue on ps4 aswell.

Edited by Robzom11

Its not a bug with DayZ its an issue with how partys work on Xbox, DayZ will not be given access to the party system, microsoft doesn't roll that way unfortunately. The majority of players are usually in a party therefore cant use VOIP as the party system yoink all your mic comms & doesn't like to share lol

Push to talk has been fixed in this update and brought great interactions back into the game.

22 hours ago, Ryan JG said:

Push to talk has been fixed in this update and brought great interactions back into the game.

Push to talk works now? You mean it can be toggled again or works when in party? 

Unfortunately, people are still going to be in Party-chat instead of Game-chat and will not be able to respond back, "forcing" them to shoot instead of interacting - which basically is why I am not playing any more.

Edited by Jonas Levin

I have this same problem and it's relatd to my new Razor Kaira Pro headset. If I change to any other headsets it is working fine. So it is related to this headset only and maybe has something to do that this is "xbox wireless headset" but then again ingame chat works with my brothers arctic 9 xbox wireless set. Party chat works fine but ingam chat does not work with Kaira Razer Pro.

I'd like to see an option where you can toggle the chat on and off. So many times I've been mid-sentence and realised I wasn't holding the chat button down. Having to hold the button is clumsy. Have it that way if you want, but a constant audio feed toggle should be available. I can't use the left stick while holding the talk button. Very risky.

2 hours ago, Crankgorilla said:

I'd like to see an option where you can toggle the chat on and off. So many times I've been mid-sentence and realised I wasn't holding the chat button down. Having to hold the button is clumsy. Have it that way if you want, but a constant audio feed toggle should be available. I can't use the left stick while holding the talk button. Very risky.

We used to have that feature and it was removed fairly early on. Not sure why though I heard it caused issues. 

Yes this would be helpful. I also have the Razor Kaira Pro headset. For some reason I get all kinds of disconnects with my WiFi headset. Either way, it would be nice if you could be in a party and also talk in-game proximity. My friends and I are normally in a party but will switch over to game chat if we have time, prior to getting into a gun fight. Actually had some good interaction since this update 😉 Game is becoming a lot more fun! One somewhat quick way is to go to your party and press the view button (small left button) this will switch you to game chat. Obviously this is not ideal but as long as you spot the other part first, you can do this to interact.